606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Brentford

+4
Blue gazza
Rotterdam 1985
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Everton v Brentford - Page 5 Empty Re: Everton v Brentford

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May - 11:25

4 men in the box and Myko sends it over the entire box. Ridiculous.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74446
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 15 May - 11:27

Mugged by the ref and VAR, there. Absolutely mugged.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15997
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May - 11:28

All over. 2-3.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May - 11:29

Tonteau wrote:Mugged by the ref and VAR, there. Absolutely mugged.
You could say that, but fooking hell, watch how Brentford moved the ball around compared to us. Fooking depressing.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 15 May - 11:29

Everton 2-3 Referee & VAR

Totally screwed by the non-penalty just before Branthwaite's red, and Sorensen not getting a second yellow. Fuming here.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22566
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May - 11:30

Just like fooking against Burnley.

I suppose Sean Dyche was correct after all.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May - 11:31

What's up with Townsend? He has not featured in ages after a great start to the season.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 15 May - 11:31

Everton v Brentford - Page 5 D8dc3910

No penalty, then they break and Branthwaite gets sent off.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 15 May - 11:32

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:What's up with Townsend? He has not featured in ages after a great start to the season.

Out for the season with a bad injury, Thor.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 15 May - 12:01

Have we got any CBs for Thursday to partner Holgate?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May - 12:02

Tonteau wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:What's up with Townsend? He has not featured in ages after a great start to the season.

Out for the season with a bad injury, Thor.
Oh right, he was injured last month, was it. I remember it now. Everton v Brentford - Page 5 Food-smi
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 15 May - 12:11

Frank: "Hopefully Michael Keane, who was sick overnight, comes back."

Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 15 May - 13:54

Back at hotel now. Gutted.

I thought branthwaite red was an accidental clip on the heel. Don’t know why red wasn’t shown when we got the peno. Simply don’t understand.

Thanks to yank. Great to meet up a very enjoyable few beers after.

Have to beat Palace. Please don’t let it go to Le arse on the final day.

Will post some amazing pics before the game when I get home.

Fucking hell. It’s never easy is it?

COYB
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 41069

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May - 17:11

Good to hear you had yourself a good outing then Nigel, despite the outcome of the game.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 15 May - 17:57

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Good to hear you had yourself a good outing then Nigel, despite the outcome of the game.
I got to stroke the Goodison dog, walk through 24 tons of waste beer bottle and cans, and then the blue fog. Looking for Made4 in a haystack.
There could be only one result.
GP was as loud as I've ever heard it.
I couldn't talk with Nige for the opening 15 minutes, it was that loud, even in Bullens who were chanting as never before.
GOOOOAAAAL! How many are we going to score?!
Oh shit, followed by hang on, maybe we can win this. Then Aaaaaghhhh!!!
I hope Nige had a great day. A flight to and from Jersey should have had just one positive result.
Thanks for the Grand Marnier and the wallet. My missus thinks you're a hell of a guy.
Palace---onwards and upwards. OK, onward and stay 16th.
Everton v Brentford - Page 5 Smiley_a
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Blue gazza likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 16 May - 0:42

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61460801

No
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 16 May - 2:36

Armchair wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61460801

No

Grim. Hopefully anyone doing that gets all they deserve.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 16 May - 9:47

That was excruciating.  I'm not sure I've enjoyed a match less than that one.  The first 15 minutes were brilliant - incredible noise from all around the ground, we played front-foot football with great intensity, I thought we were probably going to repeat our FA Cup win against them.  They really were there for the taking.  And then Branthwaite.

The lad must be devastated.  He might have cost us our top flight status, or at least that's how he'll be seeing it, and I think it's going to be very hard for him to recover from this calamity.

After that, despite us going in 2-1 up, it was just painful to watch, and the result felt inevitable.  The crowd was silenced for much of the second half, and the tension was obvious.

To be honest, I'm not sure I can face going up on Thursday for the Palace game.  For a start, I can't see us winning it, and I don't think I can go through another game like Sunday's without having a fucking stroke.  I kind of feel I'm done for the season, and I'll listen to the Palace game on the radio from the comfort of my London home.  If we do win, I'll be made up and I don't think I'll particularly regret not being there.  I've got a mate on standby to take my place.  Luckily, his eyesight is terrible, so he doesn't get as angry as the rest of us when decisions go against us.  

I know it's about the whole season, not just one game, but that missed opportunity at Watford is haunting me.  Eleven home defeats on the bounce, half the team missing, the manager leaving (and he clearly thinks the players are a bunch of useless cunts - he said as much after the game), and they lost 5-1 yesterday to a team we've just beaten.  To be as tentative as we were is a crime.  Massive fuck up by Lampard for that one I reckon.

What a terrible weekend it was.  We were about to go into the ground when Citteh got a pen, and everyone was cheering - until fucking Mahrez missed it.  Then, again, just about to go through the turnstiles and Leeds equalised.  And of course, the Shite winning on pens AGAIN.  Those fucking fuckers.  It's a good job you can't win the Premier League on pens, cos they'd be nailed on to do that.  How can a team have won five of their last six cups on penalties?  And of course in the sixth they got a pen in normal time against Spurs.

I hate football so much.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 16 May - 10:17

hairy cataract wrote:That was excruciating.  I'm not sure I've enjoyed a match less than that one.  The first 15 minutes were brilliant - incredible noise from all around the ground, we played front-foot football with great intensity, I thought we were probably going to repeat our FA Cup win against them.  They really were there for the taking.  And then Branthwaite.

The lad must be devastated.  He might have cost us our top flight status, or at least that's how he'll be seeing it, and I think it's going to be very hard for him to recover from this calamity.

After that, despite us going in 2-1 up, it was just painful to watch, and the result felt inevitable.  The crowd was silenced for much of the second half, and the tension was obvious.

To be honest, I'm not sure I can face going up on Thursday for the Palace game.  For a start, I can't see us winning it, and I don't think I can go through another game like Sunday's without having a fucking stroke.  I kind of feel I'm done for the season, and I'll listen to the Palace game on the radio from the comfort of my London home.  If we do win, I'll be made up and I don't think I'll particularly regret not being there.  I've got a mate on standby to take my place.  Luckily, his eyesight is terrible, so he doesn't get as angry as the rest of us when decisions go against us.  

I know it's about the whole season, not just one game, but that missed opportunity at Watford is haunting me.  Eleven home defeats on the bounce, half the team missing, the manager leaving (and he clearly thinks the players are a bunch of useless cunts - he said as much after the game), and they lost 5-1 yesterday to a team we've just beaten.  To be as tentative as we were is a crime.  Massive fuck up by Lampard for that one I reckon.

What a terrible weekend it was.  We were about to go into the ground when Citteh got a pen, and everyone was cheering - until fucking Mahrez missed it.  Then, again, just about to go through the turnstiles and Leeds equalised.  And of course, the Shite winning on pens AGAIN.  Those fucking fuckers.  It's a good job you can't win the Premier League on pens, cos they'd be nailed on to do that.  How can a team have won five of their last six cups on penalties?  And of course in the sixth they got a pen in normal time against Spurs.

I hate football so much.
Jersey Nige was well up for the game, like all of us, from the Goodison dog to the flares and noise. The game started so well, then the gods pissed on his chips. So, my missus gets to see her first game of the season on Thursday. All will be well.  cheers Nige will get his win.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 16 May - 16:28

hairy cataract wrote:That was excruciating.  I'm not sure I've enjoyed a match less than that one.  The first 15 minutes were brilliant - incredible noise from all around the ground, we played front-foot football with great intensity, I thought we were probably going to repeat our FA Cup win against them.  They really were there for the taking.  And then Branthwaite.

I hate football so much.

Have to agree now about the Watford game. You said it at the time. I countered by trying to look at the positives. But you were right. As you said, a can't-be-arsed Leicester put five past them last night while still wearing their tracksuit tops.

Fuck this. I'm in Germany and I'll be flying back Thursday while the Palace game is being played. It's only 1hr 10 minutes but it will be the worst flight I've ever had in my life. It's completely spoiled my trip to Deutschland, which is supposed to be a four day bender interspersed with a couple of meetings with people that I'll hopefully never hear from again. Some Hungarian bloke asked me about Everton tonight and it took a massive diplomatic effort to not tell him to fuck the fuck off. Instead I mumbled something like "yeah, it's not great" and then immediately joined my manager's work conversation about burgeoning opportunities for growth in the States. Fuck my life.

Fuck fuck fuck. Palace are better than us. I'm now all in for Brentford saving us by beating Leeds at the weekend. If only we hadn't racially abused two of their best players at the weekend, eh? Big brain Evertonians.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 17 May - 3:25

Tonteau wrote:Everton v Brentford - Page 5 D8dc3910

No penalty, then they break and Branthwaite gets sent off.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

...and AJER was already on a yellow card... that HAS to be a penalty & a 2nd yellow for AJER ...

Michael Oliver has had a disastrous nightmare there ... and as for VAR, what is the point of having it if is misses this shit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 17 May - 3:39

Thanks to Yank for a great day... apart from the result thanks to the incompetence of Michael Oliver Evil or Very Mad

I have NEVER seen Goodison rock like that, inside and out ... not even in the early eighties !

I took this pic outside the Winslow about 70 minutes before kick off !! ... fooking amazing fanbase !! .. even a Brentford fan in there & he was gobsmacked

COYB cheers

Everton v Brentford - Page 5 Img_2210

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 17 May - 14:20

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Thanks to Yank for a great day... apart from the result thanks to the incompetence of Michael Oliver Evil or Very Mad

I have NEVER seen Goodison rock like that, inside and out ... not even in the early eighties !

I took this pic outside the Winslow about 70 minutes before kick off !! ... fooking amazing fanbase !! .. even a Brentford fan in there & he was gobsmacked

COYB cheers

Everton v Brentford - Page 5 Img_2210

Great pic - I love the Brentford fan in the middle there, soaking up the vibes. I chatted to a few of the Brentford lads after the game and they were great. I think they were surprised at how friendly we were as well. Massive contrast to some of the other clubs’ fans this season - particularly the Leeds lot who were real 80s throwbacks. I love it when you can have a good chat and laugh with the opposing fans, but it’s getting rarer all the time. I seem to remember going down to Brighton a few seasons ago and they were a good bunch.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5