606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Chelsea

+8
Tonteau
Yankthattoffee
Lumper
Armchair
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
12 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Everton v Chelsea - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton v Chelsea

Post  Armchair Sun 01 May 2022, 4:23 pm

Well, I wasn't expecting that. Looking forward to watching the highlights later. If we do go down, at least we'll go down fighting.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22555
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 01 May 2022, 4:24 pm

Gents. I am done in after that. What a performance.

We have 3 very winnable games left (Watford, Palace and Brentford). We can still do this.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 01 May 2022, 4:37 pm

Lumper wrote:Gents. I am done in after that. What a performance.

We have 3 very winnable games left (Watford, Palace and Brentford). We can still do this.

If we could just nick a win on the road...
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14848
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 01 May 2022, 4:41 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Watford have lost there last 11 at home. Everton up next. We all know what that means.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 01 May 2022, 4:45 pm

Lumper wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Watford have lost there last 11 at home. Everton up next. We all know what that means.
Leicester at their place next up... Spurs thumped them today... if we can take today's spirit into that game we can win it... shame we can't take 40,000 fans too

Number of posts : 41048
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 01 May 2022, 5:11 pm

After that performance they are all winnable.
This is what a positive attitude from the fans since FL took over, can do, and hopefully shuts up the boo-boys and how destructive that is.
Pickford's hands, feet and face were vital.
Despite the miss, Mykolenko is growing into a good replacement for Digne.
The ones who we've been critical of for most of the season, where huge.
What an exciting battle ahead.
COYBs cheers
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 01 May 2022, 5:35 pm

A very Everton day as well - from fireworks in the early hours, to the fans greeting the bus, to the dog being paraded head high outside the ground (search Everton Dog on Twitter) to Richie throwing the flare back into the crowd (that pic is one of the most iconic of the season for us), it was just madness
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 01 May 2022, 5:42 pm

hairy cataract wrote:A very Everton day as well - from fireworks in the early hours, to the fans greeting the bus, to the dog being paraded head high outside the ground (search Everton Dog on Twitter) to Richie throwing the flare back into the crowd (that pic is one of the most iconic of the season for us), it was just madness
and the guy that hid the ball up his jumper in injury time... magical

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 01 May 2022, 5:45 pm

hairy cataract wrote:A very Everton day as well - from fireworks in the early hours, to the fans greeting the bus, to the dog being paraded head high outside the ground (search Everton Dog on Twitter) to Richie throwing the flare back into the crowd (that pic is one of the most iconic of the season for us), it was just madness

If Leeds, Burnley and ourselves keep up this madness, Southampton, Villa and Brentford could easily be drawn into this scrap. Just one meltdown above us, and mayhem!
If nothing else it's exciting and I really can't wait for the next game.
Screw midtable mediocracy, this is something else.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 01 May 2022, 5:50 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

If Leeds, Burnley and ourselves keep up this madness, Southampton, Villa and Brentford could easily be drawn into this scrap. Just one meltdown above us, and mayhem!

Forgot about ball up the jumper man! Brilliant.

I keep saying this is the most exciting season I can remember. I mean, I know it’s the season from hell, but Goodison has been incredible these last few games. I couldn’t get there today but it was equally exciting on telly. We’re never going to finish top 4 again, so maybe fighting relegation is the biggest thrill we’re ever going to get? If we do survive, next season will be boring as hell
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 01 May 2022, 5:54 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Forgot about ball up the jumper man! Brilliant.

I keep saying this is the most exciting season I can remember. I mean, I know it’s the season from hell, but Goodison has been incredible these last few games. I couldn’t get there today but it was equally exciting on telly. We’re never going to finish top 4 again, so maybe fighting relegation is the biggest thrill we’re ever going to get?  If we do survive, next season will be boring as hell
If we do survive this will be the biggest kick up the arse we could ever get... we'll be amazing & a new stadium to kick us into proper gear !

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 01 May 2022, 6:05 pm

Amazing stuff. I started watching in the 46th minute after taking my wife to the airport. However, the BBC live text and M4G were both ahead of my stream so I shut it all down so I could focus on the game in the feed. Very Happy

Some of the saves by Pickford were simply incredible. Insane.

So happy with the result! cheers cheers cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 01 May 2022, 6:17 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Amazing stuff. I started watching in the 46th minute after taking my wife to the airport. However, the BBC live text and M4G were both ahead of my stream so I shut it all down so I could focus on the game in the feed. Very Happy

Some of the saves by Pickford were simply incredible. Insane.

So happy with the result! cheers cheers cheers
Pickford was simply awesome... anyone who thinks he's not the England No.1 needs their bumps felt

Incredible irony that I was ahead of your feed, as I was watching USTVGO.TV through the VPN in Croatia Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 01 May 2022, 6:29 pm

Ridiculous game. Pickford saves were next level but everyone just giving it 110% was everything we needed. We could have scored more as well. If we do this for the next 5 games then whatever happens we know we’ll have gone out swinging, shouting and offering out bystanders left right and centre. This needs to be us from now on.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 01 May 2022, 9:14 pm

Tonteau wrote:Ridiculous game. Pickford saves were next level but everyone just giving it 110% was everything we needed. We could have scored more as well. If we do this for the next 5 games then whatever happens we know we’ll have gone out swinging, shouting and offering out bystanders left right and centre. This needs to be us from now on.

Big question is ? why is it we lose to the likes of Palace-Norwich-Burnley yet beat the likes of Arsenal -Man United and Chelsea.the fans are the most Important thing at this club but the board seem to over look this time and time again, should Everton FC retain their premiership status Moshiri -Kenwright need to go if we are to move forward.never have I wanted a season to end so quickly as the majority the games we haven’t been able to compete, it. Is bad enough having players that have no fight without having to fight decisions each week with officials and VAR,on top of the more than average Injury list we have endured.

Just two more wins and a draw should carry us home to safety me thinks.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 01 May 2022, 10:08 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Ridiculous game. Pickford saves were next level but everyone just giving it 110% was everything we needed. We could have scored more as well. If we do this for the next 5 games then whatever happens we know we’ll have gone out swinging, shouting and offering out bystanders left right and centre. This needs to be us from now on.

Big question is ? why is it we lose to the likes of Palace-Norwich-Burnley yet beat the likes of Arsenal -Man United and Chelsea.the fans are the most Important thing at this club but the board seem to over look this time and time again, should Everton FC retain their premiership status Moshiri -Kenwright need to go if we are to move forward.never have I wanted a season to end so quickly as the majority the games we haven’t been able to compete, it. Is bad enough having players that have no fight without having to fight decisions each week with officials and VAR,on top of the more than average Injury list we have endured.

That might do it. I'm thinking three wins and we're safe. Both our home games and try to win one of the next two. Or at least draw both of them. That would get us to 40/41, meaning that Leeds would have to get something from either Arsenal or Chelsea.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 01 May 2022, 10:23 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

That might do it. I'm thinking three wins and we're safe. Both our home games and try to win one of the next two. Or at least draw both of them. That would get us to 40/41, meaning that Leeds would have to get something from either Arsenal or Chelsea.

I think Leeds and Burnley could both finish on 41 points, looking at their fixtures. Which means we might need three wins to survive on goal difference over Leeds. So, wins at Leicester and Watford next week sets it up for our next home game against Brentford for us to achieve safety, making double sure with a win over Palace. Then we can go to Arsenal and lose 7-0.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 01 May 2022, 10:29 pm

For once, Everton improved my weekend rather than fucking it up. I tested positive for Covid this morning. The bastard thing has finally caught up with me after two-plus years. It feels like a cold, to be honest, albeit a really bad one. But I still soldiered on with some decorating before settling down to watch the game. As per my commitment to Hairy to not turn a game on late for the rest of the season, I had it on early, didn't miss a second. I even made sure I was sat down in time for the second half kicking off.

My lad was working today so couldn't see the game - he works in a tiny pub in Covent Garden that barely has enough room for punters, never mind a telly for the football. So at the start of the second half he checked in to find out how the game was going...

Everton v Chelsea - Page 3 Chelse10

One error and one lucky bounce (the Mount shot that hit both posts) - so I think I called this one correctly at half time. cheers

Now I'm going to settle down to watch MOTD2 with a nice Beechams. But hear me now - every one of the next four games is winnable. I detected a bit of confidence coming back today. The fight is certainly there. And we saw/heard the best of the fans today. We have to take that same workrate and spirit to Leicester. We are seriously overdue an away result.

Oh and don't let Mina out of his fucking bedroom except to have a shit, until the morning of the next game. Don't even ask him to train. No visitors. Take his food up to him on a tray.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 01 May 2022, 10:31 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

I think Leeds and Burnley could both  finish on 41 points, looking at their fixtures.  Which means we might need three wins to survive on goal difference over Leeds.  So, wins at Leicester and Watford next week sets it up for our next home game against Brentford for us to achieve safety, making double sure with a win over Palace.  Then we can go to Arsenal and lose 7-0.

Just to add to the fun and games - and I think Yank mentioned this above - Southampton, who are really flaky, are on 40 points with only three games left. And you could make a reasonable case for them losing all three of them (Brentford away, Shite at home, Leicester away.) Highly unlikely they get dragged in, everything would have to align but, I'm just saying...
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 01 May 2022, 11:23 pm

WHAT. A. FUCKING. DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Started early, cheered the coach, cheered the goal, shat myself for 50 mins then cheered the win. Atmosphere un-be-fucking- lievable!!!!!! That fucker 'hope' has reared its ugly head again. Could we somehow sneak out of this mess?????
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 02 May 2022, 12:16 am

Have to say, apart from Arsenal last day (if we need a result there then we're probably fucked) the remaining game that worries me the most isn't either of the next two away games, it's Palace at home. They can do damage, they're still up for it despite being mid-table and they have Zaha and Gallagher, and Eze back from injury.

Aah, Ebere Eze, one that got away. Why the fuck didn't we sign him when he was available for £18m? That's less than what we spent on Gbamin, Iwobi, Kean, Tosun, Walcott, Klaassen, Schneiderlin and Bolasie. How hard does player evalutation have to be? I only had to watch him play for QPR twice on the telly to see that he'd be plenty good enough for us. He's still only 23 and improving, and Southgate is desperate to get him an England cap before Nigeria pick him up.

Weird, obscure link here - a lad who works in my team, coincidentally also of Nigerian heritage, once did some intern work for Eze's agent when he was trying to get into sports management. I did ask him a couple of summers back to put a word in, to use his admittedly minuscule influence to get Eze up to Goodison. Not sure if he ever did - I forgot to ask him in his annual review last year. Should have docked him a pay grade really.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 02 May 2022, 12:44 am

Leeds are now marginal favourites to go, at 11/8, according to Bet365.

Everton 7/4, Burnley 9/4, Southampton 66/1.

I'm sticking a fiver on Southampton for larks.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 02 May 2022, 8:30 am

Rotts, Southampton are 250-1 to go down at Betfair sportsbook and Paddy Power so best to go there. I had a couple of quid, just in case. Best odds for us are 15-8 with Betway. Will go back to odds-on if Leicester beat us
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 02 May 2022, 9:42 am

It's a weird one but only the RS and Citteh out of the Sky Six have beaten us at Goodison this season. And only the maddest VAR decision ever stopped us getting a point off City.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd - all wins for us, Spurs a 0-0 draw. To be fair, the Shite tore us several new arseholes, but fuck them.

Soton only 66/1 at William Hill, so I might have to open a Betfair account and stick a tenner on at 250-1.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 02 May 2022, 6:32 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
and the guy that hid the ball up his jumper in injury time... magical
Very Happy Very Happy

Everton v Chelsea - Page 3 Captu105

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next