606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton V Newcastle United

+8
Blue gazza
fourdoors
Knight of Thorgothshire
callmebubbles
Rotterdam 1985
Tonteau
hairy cataract
SEFTON
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Everton V Newcastle United - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton V Newcastle United

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 17 Mar 2022, 10:59 pm

Was driving home from work when I see that Allan gets a red on the BBC live text update. And I see that there will be a minimum of 14 minutes of added time. Fooking hell...

Then some 15 minutes later my dad texts me saying "holy crap!!". I video called him and we talked until the game was over with him providing the commentary. Everton V Newcastle United - Page 3 F_laugh Everton V Newcastle United - Page 3 F_laugh

Pulled up to the house right before the game was over. Great win!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74444
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Qld Toffee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 17 Mar 2022, 11:11 pm

Something told me to put a bet on Everton at 9/2 late in the game, so I did. I don't know why. Only a couple of quid (I'm not stupid.) Then Allan got sent off two minutes later.

Nice to get three points and top my account up a bit. Fucking massive win. Got to somehow build on this now.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 17 Mar 2022, 11:12 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Something told me to put a bet on Everton at 9/2 late in the game, so I did. I don't know why. Only a couple of quid (I'm not stupid.) Then Allan got sent off two minutes later.

Nice to get three points and top my account up a bit. Fucking massive win. Got to somehow build on this now.

Oh and thank God for Dubravka's shite positional sense.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 17 Mar 2022, 11:34 pm

any one know what the guy was protesting about. It wasn't EFC related according to the commentator.

ok just read htis https://talksport.com/football/1066439/stoppage-everton-newcastle-man-ties-himself-goal-post/

btw we have replaced skill and guile with out and out emotion. I hope it gives us 5 more wins. It's a battle to the death.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 17 Mar 2022, 11:38 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:any one know what the guy was protesting about. It wasn't EFC related according to the commentator.

btw we have replaced skill and guile with out and out emotion. I hope it gives us 5 more wins. It's a battle to the death.

An anti-oil protest. He had a "say no to oil" t-shirt on or something like that.

Can't believe the size of the fucking bolt cutters they brought out to remove a cable tie when nail scissors would probably have been OK. cheers  I thought they were going to snip an arm off or something.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 17 Mar 2022, 11:43 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:any one know what the guy was protesting about. It wasn't EFC related according to the commentator.

An anti-oil protest. He had a "say no to oil" t-shirt on or something like that.

Can't believe the size of the fucking bolt cutters they brought out to remove a cable tie when nail scissors would probably have been OK. cheers  I thought they were going to snip an arm off or something.

Everton V Newcastle United - Page 3 Delete14
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 18 Mar 2022, 12:01 am

Fucking hell. We were truly awful until the last ten minutes and then it was bedlam. The noise and relief was incredible, what a night. What a goal. Phew.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 18 Mar 2022, 12:20 am

Not sure if this will work...

https://www.facebook.com/100003321469416/videos/956563461660595/
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74444

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 18 Mar 2022, 12:41 am

hairy cataract wrote:Fucking hell. We were truly awful until the last ten minutes and then it was bedlam. The noise and relief was incredible,  what a night. What a goal. Phew.

Fuck the performance, you and the regulars deserve a happy trip back home, they have been few and far between.

And this feels different even to the Leeds win. That one was important but every game feels a bit like Wimbledon 94 and Coventry 98 now.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Fri 18 Mar 2022, 6:49 am

The goal was a thing of beauty. That Coleman challenge though to start it! If he gets that wrong Newcastle are breaking on us for sure, first time in the whole game we made good decisions in the final third. I’m still relived now. Pheeeww!
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15997
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 18 Mar 2022, 9:15 am

It was a lovely goal. Pretty much the one moment of quality in a dire performance. I honestly think we are worse under lampard than we were under Rafa. What are they doing on the training pitch? At least the defence looked solid I suppose, and that’s something.

Having said that, goodison was rocking like never before after the goal. I don’t think I’ve felt that kind of atmosphere there since, and I hesitate to say it, bayern Munich in ‘85. The relief and release was incredible. Before the game the vibe was 100% doom and gloom, of course, and the way we played deepened that gloom. What a weird game though, with the appalling reffing, the mad cunt tying himself to the goal, and the Allan red card. What looked like being one of the most depressing nights turned into one of the best, and I suppose you only get that kind of joy after the amount of misery we’ve all suffered as evertonians recently.

Iwobi has sealed his place in folklore, but Anthony Gordon was our heartbeat again, Allan was a ball of energy, and Richie gave his everything. I thought DCL really made a difference at the end, so hopefully he’s on his way back.

Fuck me we needed that win. We’re not out of the woods by any means, but it could have felt a lot worse this morning! Oh what a beautiful morning
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 18 Mar 2022, 9:40 am

Sounds like another crap performance but hopefully the clean sheet and actually managing to score a goal will boost confidence. Probably a good thing that our next game is in the cup - perhaps a bit less pressure on the lads.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22566
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 18 Mar 2022, 9:41 am

Everton boss Frank Lampard said he broke his hand celebrating his side's stoppage-time victory over Newcastle - but admitted he would suffer one every week if it meant similar results.

Alex Iwobi's winner came in the 99th minute after team-mate Allan was sent off on 83 minutes in a game delayed by a second-half protest.

"I did it in celebration for the goal," Lampard said as his side moved three points clear of the relegation zone.

"I just connected with something"

He added: "I didn't punch anything, but I realised two minutes later my hand was shaking and aching. I will take it for the three points."
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 18 Mar 2022, 3:15 pm

I've watched that goal again today and I reckon Dubrovnik (or whatever) might have let that in, so I think the whole thing is a conspiracy. We're going to get fucked over by the refs and VAR until we're on the brink, but ultimately we'll be allowed to stay up. You can all relax.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  fourdoors Fri 18 Mar 2022, 6:38 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
fourdoors wrote:I honestly don't understand what you're all worrying about. Relegation? Not going to happen.

Your problem is that you're all getting your sports news from the Mainstream Media. Since I stopped doing that, I've been a much happier person. I joined a Telegram group, StandUpXBlues, and now I get all my Everton-related news from there.

Did you know that Digne wasn't sold to Villa? He refused to leave us, and in the ensuing power struggle, Rafa quit after Branthwaite gave him a wedgie during training.
Lampard came in, bringing Mason Mount with him, and quickly turned things around.
We didn't get spanked 5-0 by Spurs. How could we? We've dominated midfield in every match since Frank signed Kante from Chelsea. We actually won that game 3:1 (Zaha x2, DCL; Mina OG).

What you need to remember is that the Euro Superleague elite are suppressing the truth. Do you really believe the Bayern have won the Bundesliga every year since 2013? Does it seem plausible that Juventus won Serie A 9 times in a row? Of course they didn't. That's just what the elite want us to believe, so that all the glory-hunters flock to those teams, earning them billions in merchandising and sponsorship deals.
In the real world, Everton are playing so well that Goodison Park is sold out for every match. I can't get a ticket for love or money.

Open your eyes, sheeple. We're 5th in the league, and on our way up. cheers

lol!  

I had a feeling that the nanobots in my vaccine would fuck with my head, I read it on Facebook (and is my own cousin an easily-led fool? Lol I don't think so.) But I never realised to what degree. Thanks mate, for making me see the light.

In an ideal world there would be some way that thousands of us could make donations to you so that you can continue to fight the good fight against fake news. Maybe allow you to give up your day job and dedicate yourself to the cause, if those donations somehow allowed you to maintain a subsistence level of living. I realise that there are no such mechanisms available and that everyone on social media is an honest broker just intent on sharing the truth without recompense. There is no justice in this world.

Have we already played Newcastle then? The Brexit Bias Corporation are telling me we're playing tonight but I don't know what to believe anymore.

I think I might be in the same Telegram channel as your cousin. Is his handle muffin_man_007?
Yes, in an ideal world.... rest assured, I'm fighting with all the strength in my fingers to spread the truth far and wide to help us live in such a world.

Like all good lies, there is a grain of truth in everything the Brexit Bias Corporation broadcasts. We did indeed play Newcastle last night, and won 2:0 (Godfrey, Iwobi). The Beeb accidentally posted the real score immediately after the match, before the agent of Guy Verhofstadt intervened. Here's a screenygrab thingamy - my photoshop skills are non-existent, so that proves it's genuine.
Frank broke his hand when he punched the referee for being a twat, but of course that can't be broadcast to the public.

Everton V Newcastle United - Page 3 Everto10

Anyway. Still 5th. Up and atom. cheers

P.S. Brexit never actually happened. The elite just let the lower classes think it did. Keir Starmer has been informed, but he can't decide whether it's true or not.

fourdoors

Number of posts : 845
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 19 Mar 2022, 3:35 am

fourdoors wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
fourdoors wrote:I honestly don't understand what you're all worrying about. Relegation? Not going to happen.

Your problem is that you're all getting your sports news from the Mainstream Media. Since I stopped doing that, I've been a much happier person. I joined a Telegram group, StandUpXBlues, and now I get all my Everton-related news from there.

Did you know that Digne wasn't sold to Villa? He refused to leave us, and in the ensuing power struggle, Rafa quit after Branthwaite gave him a wedgie during training.
Lampard came in, bringing Mason Mount with him, and quickly turned things around.
We didn't get spanked 5-0 by Spurs. How could we? We've dominated midfield in every match since Frank signed Kante from Chelsea. We actually won that game 3:1 (Zaha x2, DCL; Mina OG).

What you need to remember is that the Euro Superleague elite are suppressing the truth. Do you really believe the Bayern have won the Bundesliga every year since 2013? Does it seem plausible that Juventus won Serie A 9 times in a row? Of course they didn't. That's just what the elite want us to believe, so that all the glory-hunters flock to those teams, earning them billions in merchandising and sponsorship deals.
In the real world, Everton are playing so well that Goodison Park is sold out for every match. I can't get a ticket for love or money.

Open your eyes, sheeple. We're 5th in the league, and on our way up. cheers

lol!  

I had a feeling that the nanobots in my vaccine would fuck with my head, I read it on Facebook (and is my own cousin an easily-led fool? Lol I don't think so.) But I never realised to what degree. Thanks mate, for making me see the light.

In an ideal world there would be some way that thousands of us could make donations to you so that you can continue to fight the good fight against fake news. Maybe allow you to give up your day job and dedicate yourself to the cause, if those donations somehow allowed you to maintain a subsistence level of living. I realise that there are no such mechanisms available and that everyone on social media is an honest broker just intent on sharing the truth without recompense. There is no justice in this world.

Have we already played Newcastle then? The Brexit Bias Corporation are telling me we're playing tonight but I don't know what to believe anymore.

I think I might be in the same Telegram channel as your cousin. Is his handle muffin_man_007?
Yes, in an ideal world.... rest assured, I'm fighting with all the strength in my fingers to spread the truth far and wide to help us live in such a world.

Like all good lies, there is a grain of truth in everything the Brexit Bias Corporation broadcasts. We did indeed play Newcastle last night, and won 2:0 (Godfrey, Iwobi). The Beeb accidentally posted the real score immediately after the match, before the agent of Guy Verhofstadt intervened. Here's a screenygrab thingamy - my photoshop skills are non-existent, so that proves it's genuine.
Frank broke his hand when he punched the referee for being a twat, but of course that can't be broadcast to the public.

Everton V Newcastle United - Page 3 Everto10

Anyway. Still 5th. Up and atom. cheers

P.S. Brexit never actually happened. The elite just let the lower classes think it did. Keir Starmer has been informed, but he can't decide whether it's true or not.

lol! love it
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 19 Mar 2022, 3:40 am

Well this is a trifle frustrating; https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60797968

Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 21 Mar 2022, 12:31 pm

Watched this in a bar in Fuerteventura that was filled with Germans & Spanish... there was a bloke from Chesterfield Hells Angels chapter in there too with his black leather on & a Norwegian twin horned helmet.

My language was absolutely appalling all the way through the game and no-one apart from Mrs4G seemed to give a shit... the hells angel seemed to be encouraging me & when Allan was red carded & gave me a wave & thumbs up as I exploded in a mass of red vapour....

...however I had the last laugh when my pint of Spanish piss water flew across the bar as I took off on a sprint around the bar screaming IWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---- BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII .......

Can we still qualify for a Euro place? ... yeah of course we can now Iwobi is moving up a gear.

btw... those Spanish cells could do with being washed out occasionally... they reminded me of Analfield smell-wise

COYB

Number of posts : 41069

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 22 Mar 2022, 2:07 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Watched this in a bar in Fuerteventura that was filled with Germans & Spanish... there was a bloke from Chesterfield Hells Angels chapter in there too with his black leather on & a Norwegian twin horned helmet.

My language was absolutely appalling all the way through the game and no-one apart from Mrs4G seemed to give a shit... the hells angel seemed to be encouraging me & when Allan was red carded & gave me a wave & thumbs up as I exploded in a mass of red vapour....

...however I had the last laugh when my pint of Spanish piss water flew across the bar as I took off on a sprint around the bar screaming IWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---- BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII .......

Can we still qualify for a Euro place? ... yeah of course we can now Iwobi is moving up a gear.

btw... those Spanish cells could do with being washed out occasionally... they reminded me of Analfield smell-wise

COYB

I hope you being served by Benitez.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 22 Mar 2022, 10:12 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Watched this in a bar in Fuerteventura that was filled with Germans & Spanish... there was a bloke from Chesterfield Hells Angels chapter in there too with his black leather on & a Norwegian twin horned helmet.

COYB

There used to be an Everton bar in Fuerteventura. It was on Blue Kipper, years back. Apparently if you walked in and told them you were an Evertonian you'd get a free pint. Can't find any trace of it now though.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 22 Mar 2022, 1:38 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

COYB

There used to be an Everton bar in Fuerteventura. It was on Blue Kipper, years back. Apparently if you walked in and told them you were an Evertonian you'd get a free pint. Can't find any trace of it now though.

To be fair, who'd walk into a bar and admit to being an Evertonian these days? The embarrassment wouldn't be worth a free pint.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 22 Mar 2022, 2:12 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

COYB

To be fair, who'd walk into a bar and admit to being an Evertonian these days?  The embarrassment wouldn't be worth a free pint.

True. We need an Evertonians Anonymous group, not a theme pub.

"My name is Rotts and........well yeah, I'm an Evertonian." (bursts into uncontrollable sobbing.)

"Well done Rotts, well done. Facing up to the embarrassment is the first step on the road to recovery."
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 22 Mar 2022, 2:39 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

COYB

To be fair, who'd walk into a bar and admit to being an Evertonian these days?  The embarrassment wouldn't be worth a free pint.

"My name is Rotts and........well yeah, I'm an Evertonian." (bursts into uncontrollable sobbing.)

"Well done Rotts, well done. Facing up to the embarrassment is the first step on the road to recovery."
Brilliant idea ...

... my name is Gwladys, I wear blue nicks with a pic of Big Dunc under my rara skirt .. and I'm an Evertonian Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I like sponge, playing noughts & crosses and Iwobi

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 22 Mar 2022, 2:46 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

COYB

Brilliant idea ...

... my name is Gwladys, I wear blue nicks with a pic of Big Dunc under my rara skirt .. and I'm an Evertonian Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

yeah good try, but nobody's going to believe you like Iwobi
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 22 Mar 2022, 3:19 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

COYB

Brilliant idea ...

yeah good try, but nobody's going to believe you like Iwobi
I doooo ... just check out my avatar I love you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3