606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

+4
Yankthattoffee
Armchair
Mr_Ben
SEFTON
8 posters

Go down

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton Empty Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 07 May 2019, 9:57 am

Tottenham are fighting for a top 4 finish and the guaranteed Champions League income next season.  Everton have already blown their changes of a European place, so they will be on the beaches already, having said goodbye to the majority of the fans with a 2-0 demolition of Burnley at Goodison last week.  On the face of it, this should see Tottenham having Hotspurts all over the place as they cement their place in the CL with a win.... however...

Spurs's form has been all over the place recently, and from seemingly having sown up their CL place in the league a few weeks ago, since beating City in the quarter finals of the CL, they have gone on a run of poor form and indiscipline that has seen them lose to 3 of their 4 premier league games and the first leg of their CL semi final game against Ajax.  The only game they won was against Brighton, a team who was at that point flirting with relegation and hadn't scored in 7 games.

Luckily for Spurs, both Arsenal and Man United have been on worse form towards the end of this season, so unless Spurs lose by a lot and Arsenal bang in a hatfull of goals, they are more or less guaranteed a CL place.

Spurs could still go through to the CL final by beating Ajax at their place, but losing 1-0 at home to them makes this an uphill task, especially without Kane. If they do go through, then obviously the players minds will be on avoiding injury and keeping fit, which could go in our favour.

Everton on the other hand have had a run of 6 clean sheets in 7 games (spoiled by the mighty Fulham...) since getting beaten by a fat Spanish waiter in Newcastle.  We appear to be solid at the back, and while some of that is due to poor finishing by our opposition, a lot of it is down to hard work and organisation.  We are also scoring goals, even though our finishing has also been woeful at times.

Despite Spurs poor form of late, they are still organised and strong in defence, and they will be playing their final home game of the season in front of their fans at their new stadium.  They will be hard to beat, and the Everton players meanwhile have already said goodbye to Goodison, and their minds will be on their summer holidays.

Having said all that, I'm still thinking that Spurs will blow up and bottle it, even if they are not thinking about the CL final.  Its been a long end to the season and they haven't got the squad for the number of games they are playing at the moment, and both Kane and Son will be out for our game against them.  1-0 to Everton.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton Empty Re: Tottenham Hotspur v Everton

Post  hairy cataract Tue 07 May 2019, 10:45 am

Everton on the beach, Spurs potentially wrapped in cotton wool for the CL final.... this has got 0-0 written all over it, with barely a tackle made. "After you sir," says Gana to Son. "No sir, you just carry on passing it around at the back," retorts Son.

I'll probably be watching the Brighton v City game, hoping the Mancs don't fuck it up. COYB! (light blues, that is).
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 07 May 2019, 1:03 pm

Everton have a bit pride and revenge to play for the earlier defeat at Goodison by Tottenham, worst home defeat in years getting a 1-6 drumming, Tottenham look quite safe for fourth place baring a miracle and Everton white wash.
Spurs with both Harry Kane-Min Son unavailable could allow Everton the one revenge match needed to go into next season tails-up.

0-5 UTFT's
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 07 May 2019, 3:26 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Everton on the beach, Spurs potentially wrapped in cotton wool for the CL final.... this has got 0-0 written all over it, with barely a tackle made.  "After you sir," says Gana to Son.  "No sir, you just carry on passing it around at the back," retorts Son.  

I'll probably be watching the Brighton v City game, hoping the Mancs don't fuck it up. COYB! (light blues, that is).
This was my first choice but I gave it up as I think Spuds will give it a go, and we will react accordingly.

By the way, I also think that Brighton will win against City, last game of the their Premiership, they will want to go out with a bang, so they will score early doors, then defend like a bunch a'buses

Liverpool on the other hand will score early, then push forward looking to increase their lead, putting Wolves under constant pressure until late in extra time when, just as they are reversing their Premier League Champions bus out of the garage, Conor Coady, the ex-Liverpool defender will get up for a free kick and score a worldie off his left buttock as the ball rebounds off it from a Dick Van Dijk clearance straight into the bottom corner of the net. 1-1 and the title goes to City.... on goal difference

Cue the Mersey rising faster than the incoming tide as the tears of 40,000 kopites fill its waters. cheers
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 10 May 2019, 5:12 pm

With Spuds getting through to the CL final, I reckon they will probably play their best team to give them a run out because it s a few weeks to the final but they will try to avoid injury, sooooo....1-0 to the blues! cheers
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 11 May 2019, 6:44 pm

2-0 Les Ferdinand with both for Spurs. Assists from Nick Barmby first first and Vinny Samways for the second
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 12 May 2019, 2:30 pm

Everton boss Marco Silva makes three changes to his team, as the Toffees look to maintain their strong finish to the campaign.

Seamus Coleman, Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin make way for Yerry Mina, Theo Walcott and Cenk Tosun.

Everton XI: Pickford, Zouma, Keane, Mina, Walcott, Schneiderlin, Gueye, Digne, Sigurdsson, Bernard, Tosun

Tottenham Hotspur v Everton 3aa19dad-5cb7-4789-8e08-7862e8ec6efe

We must be resting Seamus and Richie for pre-season friendlies Tottenham Hotspur v Everton Confused
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 12 May 2019, 3:38 pm

Elsewhere, all sorts of stuff is happening.
Warnock will be even more pyssed off if they go done by just 1 win.
One more please Aguero. I mean AGUEEERRRROOOOO
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 12 May 2019, 6:38 pm

decent result that cheers

Number of posts : 41045

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 13 May 2019, 10:16 am

Would have preferred to have won it, and kept a clean sheet, ........and to have had sex with the pussy cat dolls on a bouncy castle all covered in johnsons baby oil.. but a draw will do, but only if Spurs do the decent thing and win the CL. Very Happy
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 13 May 2019, 9:35 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:Would have preferred to have won it, and kept a clean sheet, ........and to have had sex with the pussy cat dolls on a bouncy castle all covered in johnsons baby oil.. but a draw will do, but only if Spurs do the decent thing and win the CL. Very Happy
They were with me .... and they brought the baby-oil a nice combo of heather and. eucalyptus... really made an impact when it was drizzled..... shall I go on...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 14 May 2019, 9:14 am

Da Judge wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Would have preferred to have won it, and kept a clean sheet, ........and to have had sex with the pussy cat dolls on a bouncy castle all covered in johnsons baby oil.. but a draw will do, but only if Spurs do the decent thing and win the CL. Very Happy
They were with me .... and they brought the baby-oil a nice combo of heather and. eucalyptus... really made an impact when it was drizzled..... shall I go on...
Nah, I've moved on now..... to destiny's child Very Happy
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 14 May 2019, 4:05 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Christ, you two are showing your age there with yer Pussy Cat Dolls and Destiny's Child - I think they're all grandmas by now.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Tue 14 May 2019, 4:11 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Da Judge wrote:

Christ, you two are showing your age there with yer Pussy Cat Dolls and Destiny's Child - I think they're all grandmas by now.  
I would have preferred to have had sex with them when they were in the 20's, 30's and 40's - so just for three decades. Very Happy
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down