606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunderland v Everton

+14
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Statman
The President
SouthernSmugToffee
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Hinchcliffe Corner
WellOilBeefHooked
Ellcool
Albert
Sack the Juggler
18 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sunderland v Everton Empty Sunderland v Everton

Post  The President Wed 07 Sep 2016, 8:56 am

1st Monday night game of the season sees us up against our old boss and possible one of our old players

They were/are passed their best as Sunderland are

This should be a comfortable win but we are Everton so I'm going for a 0-1 win (Lukaku to finally stop the drought)
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Sunderland v Everton Empty Re: Sunderland v Everton

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 07 Sep 2016, 7:17 pm

Really don't like non-weekend games because I can't watch them. Mad
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 07 Sep 2016, 8:33 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Really don't like non-weekend games because I can't watch them. Mad

Weekday games are about the only ones I get to watch these days.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 08 Sep 2016, 2:23 pm

Everton news conference - Sunderland v Everton (Mon, 20:00 BST)

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "Overall, the transfer window was positive. We signed some very good players. "Our challenge is to reach Europe and if we do that, we will be able to attract more players."

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "Strikers always need goals for confidence, so it was positive for Lukaku to score twice for Belgium. Enner Valencia will bring more competition. We now have seven forwards for those front three positions which we need. "What I saw this morning was very positive. Everyone was very positive, they make it difficult for the manager and that's what the manager would like to have. "After the international break it's important to have a couple of extra days off. Monday is an odd day to play football.".

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "Seamus Coleman was fit to play and he has come back without any reaction. He is now fit to start. James McCarthy has had groin surgery and will be out for three weeks. "Everton needs to be fighting for Europe & I feel like we've got the team to do that. It's been an okay start but we need to continue. "We still need time physically but that's no excuse not to win."

Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 08 Sep 2016, 3:13 pm

Super wrote:Everton news conference - Sunderland v Everton (Mon, 20:00 BST)

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "Overall, the transfer window was positive. We signed some very good players.  "Our challenge is to reach Europe and if we do that, we will be able to attract more players."

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "Strikers always need goals for confidence, so it was positive for Lukaku to score twice for Belgium. Enner Valencia will bring more competition. We now have seven forwards for those front three positions which we need.  "What I saw this morning was very positive. Everyone was very positive, they make it difficult for the manager and that's what the manager would like to have.  "After the international break it's important to have a couple of extra days off. Monday is an odd day to play football.".

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "Seamus Coleman was fit to play and he has come back without any reaction. He is now fit to start. James McCarthy has had groin surgery and will be out for three weeks.  "Everton needs to be fighting for Europe & I feel like we've got the team to do that. It's been an okay start but we need to continue.  "We still need time physically but that's no excuse not to win."

A small part, but good to see we're setting our sights higher than 7 points out of 9 these days. In seasons gone, our start would have been phenomenal.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 08 Sep 2016, 4:29 pm

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "Overall, the transfer window was positive. We signed some very good players.  "Our challenge is to reach Europe and if we do that, we will be able to attract more players."

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "Strikers always need goals for confidence, so it was positive for Lukaku to score twice for Belgium. Enner Valencia will bring more competition. We now have seven forwards for those front three positions which we need.  "What I saw this morning was very positive. Everyone was very positive, they make it difficult for the manager and that's what the manager would like to have.  "After the international break it's important to have a couple of extra days off. Monday is an odd day to play football.".

Everton manager Ronald Koeman: "Seamus Coleman was fit to play and he has come back without any reaction. He is now fit to start. James McCarthy has had groin surgery and will be out for three weeks.  "Everton needs to be fighting for Europe & I feel like we've got the team to do that. It's been an okay start but we need to continue.  "We still need time physically but that's no excuse not to win."

Seven forwards? Luka, Kone, Bolasie, Foo, Mirallas, Valencia.... and Doris? Oh yes, and Niasse. I have to admit, I would only count Luka and Kone as genuine out and out forwards there. Oh yes, and Niasse....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 08 Sep 2016, 4:49 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

A small part, but good to see we're setting our sights higher than 7 points out of 9 these days. In seasons gone, our start would have been phenomenal.

while it was only Stoke, West Brom & Spuds, we have come unstuck against those teams in the past (and that's ignoring last season like it never happened) and even though we haven't played the "big" teams yet, this has still been our best start to a season that I can remember for a long time.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 08 Sep 2016, 5:41 pm

Lawro's Thoughts (for what they are worth)

Everton have started very brightly and I think everyone likes the look of them under Ronald Koeman so far.
The only position in their team I have any doubts about is at goalkeeper, because Maarten Stekelenburg struggled at Fulham and I am not convinced by Joel Robles.
Koeman knows Stekelenburg after taking him on loan at Southampton last season, so he must have faith in him, but I am left wondering why he did not go in for Manchester City's Joe Hart.
Sunderland made a few signings before the window closed, and they should be solid enough - but I am still not sure about where their creativity will come from in midfield.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1

I think "The Stek" has played well so far
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 08 Sep 2016, 6:15 pm

The President wrote:Lawro's Thoughts (for what they are worth)

Everton have started very brightly and I think everyone likes the look of them under Ronald Koeman so far.
The only position in their team I have any doubts about is at goalkeeper, because Maarten Stekelenburg struggled at Fulham and I am not convinced by Joel Robles.
Koeman knows Stekelenburg after taking him on loan at Southampton last season, so he must have faith in him, but I am left wondering why he did not go in for Manchester City's Joe Hart.
Sunderland made a few signings before the window closed, and they should be solid enough - but I am still not sure about where their creativity will come from in midfield.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1

I think "The Stek" has played well so far

I agree. He has got his legs in a tangle a couple of times, but some of his saves have been top drawer. His early season performances took the pressure needing to find a new goalkeeper for the start of this season and he's deserved a run in the first team.

I do kind of expect it to go wrong at some point though - there must be a reason why he has struggled to retain being the number one keeper for other teams before now.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 09 Sep 2016, 4:56 pm

Sunderland have a clean bill of health following the international break with no fresh injury worries ahead of Monday's visit of Everton.

The game will come too soon for Jan Kirchhoff and Victor Anichebe, who are expected to be on the bench, and manager David Moyes says it will probably be too early for Didier Ndong too.

Meanwhile, Lamine Kone is to sit down with Moyes next week with a view to signing a new deal.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 09 Sep 2016, 6:08 pm

10-0 to the Mighty Blues. I mean, we have seven forwards - count them, seven! - so we should be able to reach double figures easy peasy. Moyes sacked on Tuesday morning. Niasse appointed manager of Belgium after Martinez is head-hunted by the Black Cats, costing them £15b in compensation to the Belgian FA to buy out Martinez's 75 year gold plated contract.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Fri 09 Sep 2016, 7:47 pm

3 - 0 Moyes will set Sunderland up to go all out in attack and leave loads of glaring holes at the back, lucky for Moyes most of them fall to Lukaku, and his banjo legs can't hit the cow's arse that is the Sunderland goal, so its only 3-0, a hattrick for Naisse and all is forgiven.

Moyes goes on to manage Belgium after Martinez is found stabbed to death with Everton's pen.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Fri 09 Sep 2016, 11:41 pm

hairy cataract wrote:10-0 to the Mighty Blues. I mean, we have seven forwards - count them, seven! - so we should be able to reach double figures easy peasy.  Moyes sacked on Tuesday morning.  Niasse appointed manager of Belgium after Martinez is head-hunted by the Black Cats, costing them £15b in compensation to the Belgian FA to buy out Martinez's 75 year gold plated contract.

And breathe.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:42 am

After the weekend results - a win is a must for us tonight if we really want to have a go this season.
The President
The President

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:06 pm

The President wrote:After the weekend results  - a win is a must for us tonight if we really want to have a go this season.
Agreed. Anything but a win will signal the start of our slide into mid-table mediocrity.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 12 Sep 2016, 2:24 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
The President wrote:After the weekend results  - a win is a must for us tonight if we really want to have a go this season.
Agreed. Anything but a win will signal the start of our slide into mid-table mediocrity.

3 games in and our first six pointer Sunderland v Everton F_laugh
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:04 pm

Sunderland v Everton Image10
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:15 pm

Great to see Coleman back.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:19 pm

'Everton went backwards'

Sunderland v Everton (20:00 BST)

Sunderland v Everton 612e6134-12fe-4994-a766-1b101b1e8a1a
Ian Dennis
at the Stadium of Light for BBC Radio 5 live

[size=14]Posted at19:12[/size]
[size=16]Look at David Moyes' record at Everton. In the last eight seasons he was there I think they finished in the top six seven times. He was punching above his weight. With the platform and foundations Moyes built for Roberto Martinez, Everton went backwards last season.[/size]
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:20 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

'Everton went backwards'

Sunderland v Everton (20:00 BST)

Sunderland v Everton 612e6134-12fe-4994-a766-1b101b1e8a1a
Ian Dennis
at the Stadium of Light for BBC Radio 5 live

[size=14]Posted at19:12[/size]
[size=16]Look at David Moyes' record at Everton. In the last eight seasons he was there I think they finished in the top six seven times. He was punching above his weight. With the platform and foundations Moyes built for Roberto Martinez, Everton went backwards last season.[/size]

Thank you Ian for clarifying this for us all.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:27 pm

Don't think it'll be an easy game, but I must say that anything but a win would be a disappointment. We are strong enough to beat Sunderland away I feel.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:55 pm

My first live game of the season (by live I mean streamed on a dodgy internet feed).
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 12 Sep 2016, 7:56 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Don't think it'll be an easy game, but I must say that anything but a win would be a disappointment. We are strong enough to beat Sunderland away I feel.

yeah, a tough game, they will be well drilled for this one, we need to be patient i think, but hopefully we will settle early and control the game

KOEMAN YOU BLUES
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 12 Sep 2016, 8:02 pm

http://www.eplsite.org/stream10.html

Luka nearly scores
Armchair
Armchair