606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 - Samuel Eto'o - After one last Champions League medal

+16
hairy cataract
Armchair
Lumper
RhinoJagz
Blue gazza
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Cahill the Great
Sack the Juggler
Helenqu
SEFTON
Yankthattoffee
Mr_Ben
The President
Hinchcliffe Corner
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

5 - Samuel Eto'o - After one last Champions League medal - Page 3 Empty Re: 5 - Samuel Eto'o - After one last Champions League medal

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 27 Jan 2015, 3:34 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30968778

Samuel Eto'o: Everton striker completes move to Sampdoria

Everton striker Samuel Eto'o has joined Italian Serie A side Sampdoria, signing a deal with the club until 2018.

The 33-year-old passed a medical on Sunday, posting a picture on Twitter with the message: "Successful medical. Ready for a new challenge."

Eto'o joined the Toffees on a free transfer in August 2014 and scored four goals in 20 appearances.

"We thank Samuel for his efforts and for bringing his know-how to the team," said Everton boss Roberto Martinez.

"He has passed on some of his terrific experiences to all of the young players. The memory of his performances in Europe stand out especially.

"On behalf of all Evertonians, we wish him well for the next chapter in his career."

Sampdoria are fifth in Serie A, 15 points behind leaders Juventus.

He returns for a second spell in Italy having joined Inter Milan for £28m in July 2009, where he scored 25 league goals during his two-year spell.

Eto'o, four-time African Footballer of the Year, scored 12 goals in 35 appearances for Chelsea last season after signing a one-year deal from Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala.

Good luck to him, let's hope we can get a replacement in.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

5 - Samuel Eto'o - After one last Champions League medal - Page 3 Empty Re: 5 - Samuel Eto'o - After one last Champions League medal

Post  Super Tue 27 Jan 2015, 3:56 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30968778

Everton striker Samuel Eto'o has joined Italian Serie A side Sampdoria, signing a deal with the club until 2018.

The 33-year-old passed a medical on Sunday, posting a picture on Twitter  with the message: "Successful medical. Ready for a new challenge."

Eto'o joined the Toffees on a free transfer in August 2014 and scored four goals in 20 appearances.

"We thank Samuel for his efforts and for bringing his know-how to the team," said Everton boss Roberto Martinez.

"He has passed on some of his terrific experiences to all of the young players. The memory of his performances in Europe stand out especially.

"On behalf of all Evertonians, we wish him well for the next chapter in his career."

He returns for a second spell in Italy having joined Inter Milan for £28m in July 2009, where he scored 25 league goals during his two-year spell.

Eto'o, four-time African Footballer of the Year, scored 12 goals in 35 appearances for Chelsea last season after signing a one-year deal from Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala.

KONE!!!!
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 27 Jan 2015, 6:19 pm

Super wrote:

The 33-year-old passed a medical on Sunday, posting a picture on Twitter  with the message: "Successful medical. Ready for a new challenge."

KONE!!!!

What is going on at the club? Eto'o got off to a really good start then completely disappeared off the team sheet after Christmas. Its all a bit wierd. What does this actually mean - are we just trimming the wage bill or do we have someone else lined up? It feels to me that the club are just slowly writing off the season and looking to minimise the damage financially.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:03 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Super wrote:

KONE!!!!

What is going on at the club?  Eto'o got off to a really good start then completely disappeared off the team sheet after Christmas.   Its all a bit wierd.    What does this actually mean - are we just trimming the wage bill or do we have someone else lined up?   It feels to me that the club are just slowly writing off the season and looking to minimise the damage financially.
I don't understand this one at all either. Really makes you wonder what is going on.

Was he not fitting in with the other players in the dressing room, or was there something else going on?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 27 Jan 2015, 7:08 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Super wrote:

KONE!!!!

What is going on at the club?  Eto'o got off to a really good start then completely disappeared off the team sheet after Christmas.   Its all a bit wierd.    What does this actually mean - are we just trimming the wage bill or do we have someone else lined up?   It feels to me that the club are just slowly writing off the season and looking to minimise the damage financially.
I don't understand this one at all either. Really makes you wonder what is going on.

Was he not fitting in with the other players in the dressing room, or was there something else going on?

I think he got a great offer from Sampdoria - a 2.5 year contract for a 33 year old compared to the six months left on his deal with us. There's no point us keeping a player who wants to leave (especially one that has played so little). We need a replacement though...or one of the kids to step up.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 27 Jan 2015, 10:31 pm

Armchair wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Super wrote:

KONE!!!!

I think he got a great offer from Sampdoria - a 2.5 year contract for a 33 year old compared to the six months left on his deal with us. There's no point us keeping a player who wants to leave (especially one that has played so little). We need a replacement though...or one of the kids to step up.

I don't think Martinez will be given a penny in this window!
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 28 Jan 2015, 7:45 am

Cahill the Great wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Super wrote:

KONE!!!!

I don't think Martinez will be given a penny in this window!

Probably a good thing Neutral
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 28 Jan 2015, 7:48 am

Everton manager Roberto Martinez says the January transfer window rarely offers "value for money" and has ruled out bringing in a replacement for striker Samuel Eto'o, 33, following his departure to Sampdoria. (Liverpool Echo)

Unlike the summer transfer window when you can spend £6m on Kone and £28m on Lukaku clown
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:03 am

With Arouna Kone being fully fit, I see him as a replacement for Samuel's position

So there you have it. The "over the hill striker coming on from the bench for ten minutes and playing in the odd Europa game" slot is filled.

Our striking options:

Kone (see above)
Luka (in the "over-priced banjo-toting cow's arse missing" slot)
Naismith (in the "works really really hard honest Scotsman used to play for Rangers you know and they won some trophies by beating St Mirren" slot)
Mirallas (in the "selfish sky-pixie pointing give me the ball I'm playing for a transfer to a big club cos I'm fucking great I am" slot)
and a couple of kids in the "out on loan or warming the bench fantastic potenial but next year will be sold to Blackpool" slot)

We're doomed.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 28 Jan 2015, 11:47 am

hairberto cataract wrote:
With Arouna Kone being fully fit, I see him as a replacement for Samuel's position

So there you have it. The "over the hill striker coming on from the bench for ten minutes and playing in the odd Europa game" slot is filled.  

Our striking options:

Kone (see above)
Naismith (in the "works really really hard honest Scotsman used to play for Rangers you know and they won some trophies by beating St Mirren" slot)
Mirallas (in the "selfish sky-pixie pointing give me the ball I'm playing for a transfer to a big club cos I'm fucking great I am" slot)
and a couple of kids in the "out on loan or warming the bench fantastic potenial but next year will be sold to Blackpool" slot)

We're doomed.
we won't sign anyone apart from 'Doris the tea lady' standard... so should we start to play lads like Henen & McAleny up front... at least for 30 minutes here & there ??

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:23 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Our striking options:

Kone (see above)

We're doomed.
we won't sign anyone apart from 'Doris the tea lady' standard... so should we start to play lads like Henen & McAleny up front... at least for 30 minutes here & there ??

We can't sign anyone cause Bill's home computer is bust, he works from home a lot, hence the reason its hard for any club to know who exactly is running the club.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 28 Jan 2015, 12:24 pm

Sefton wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Our striking options:

Kone (see above)

We're doomed.

We can't sign anyone cause Bill's home computer is bust, he works from home a lot, hence the reason its hard for any club to know who exactly is running the club.  
Laughing

Albert could send him a keyboard

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 28 Jan 2015, 3:15 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Sefton wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Our striking options:

Kone (see above)

We're doomed.

Laughing

Albert could send him a keyboard

Or a few goats to play with.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 02 Feb 2015, 3:21 pm

BBC World Service Sport's John Bennett: "The Italian press are reporting that Samuel Eto'o was so upset that Sampdoria boss Sinisa Mihajlovic had organised a double training session that he stormed out of the training ground to drive to his home in Milan. Sampdoria officials are said to have chased after him, without success.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 02 Feb 2015, 3:30 pm

Super wrote:BBC World Service Sport's John Bennett: "The Italian press are reporting that Samuel Eto'o was so upset that Sampdoria boss Sinisa Mihajlovic had organised a double training session that he stormed out of the training ground to drive to his home in Milan. Sampdoria officials are said to have chased after him, without success.

He's used to having it easy where players are only expected to be semi-fit.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 02 Feb 2015, 3:33 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Super wrote:BBC World Service Sport's John Bennett: "The Italian press are reporting that Samuel Eto'o was so upset that Sampdoria boss Sinisa Mihajlovic had organised a double training session that he stormed out of the training ground to drive to his home in Milan. Sampdoria officials are said to have chased after him, without success.

He just sounds like a massive drama queen, to be honest.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 02 Feb 2015, 3:58 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

He just sounds like a massive drama queen, to be honest.
ahh... you can't blame him really... I mean he's only earning £1million per season, for the next two-and-a-half years with the potential to become a club director once he has finished playing...

...the poor soul silent

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 17 Feb 2015, 7:26 pm

Has bought a (haunted) 40 room house in Italy for 25M Euros...

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/planeta-barca/etoo-compra-mansion-maldita-tutankamon-3944657
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sat 13 Jun 2015, 8:58 am

Former Everton striker Samuel Eto'o is on the move again, according to Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero.

The 34-year-old joined the Italian club in January when he decided to leave Goodison Park just six months into a two-year contract.

Eto'o scored four times in 12 starts for the Blues after signing as a free agent last summer but a desire for regular first-team football - and to be closer to his family home in Milan - led him to push for a return to Italy.

Cameroon's record scorer agreed a deal until June 2018 with the Genoa outfit but now wants out having struggled in his second spell in Serie A.

Eto's netted just twice in 18 appearances and fell out with coach Sinisa Mihajlovic, who resigned earlier this month.

Ferrero told Sky Italia he expected the three-time Champions League winner to leave this summer with a move to the MLS rumoured.

"I think this little bird is destined to fly towards other shores," said Ferrero. "As far as I'm concerned, he could stay for life as I wanted him and chose him to come here. "He is a great champion but if he wants to leave, then he can follow his heart... and his wallet."

Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 14 Jun 2015, 9:35 pm

Super wrote:
"I think this little bird is destined to fly towards other shores," said Ferrero.  "As far as I'm concerned, he could stay for life as I wanted him and chose him to come here.  "He is a great champion but if he wants to leave, then he can follow his heart... and his wallet."

Yep. And (unfortunately) zzzzzzzzzzzzzz................
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 01 Jul 2015, 11:32 am

I think he really took to us... and Sampdoria:

5 - Samuel Eto'o - After one last Champions League medal - Page 3 CI0k-m_WEAAYhSO
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 01 Jul 2015, 12:11 pm

Tonteau wrote:I think he really took to us... and Sampdoria:

5 - Samuel Eto'o - After one last Champions League medal - Page 3 CI0k-m_WEAAYhSO

lol!

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Wed 01 Jul 2015, 12:15 pm

Tonteau wrote:I think he really took to us... and Sampdoria:

Nob.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 01 Jul 2015, 12:40 pm

Next time you see a player kissing the Everton badge, remember this thread. They don't give a flying fuck who writes their pay cheque, as long as there are plenty of noughts on it.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 01 Jul 2015, 1:14 pm

He's got some balls lol!
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3