606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.)

+19
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
ToffeeDan
Knight of Thorgothshire
Mr_Ben
The President
Armchair
Made 4 Gwladys
RhinoJagz
Helenqu
Merseyblue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Albert
Super
Blue gazza
Dixie Land
SEFTON
Goodison_Gringo
Sack the Juggler
skanks123
23 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 14 Empty Re: Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.)

Post  hairy cataract Wed 1 Jan - 19:47

Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:I have to say though, Bobby's subs were a bit odd today. Jelli hasn't scored for months, so why not bring him on in a game we are winning comfortably when the pressure is off, rather than today when he surely would have fluffed his, ruining his condifence even further? I'd like to see him start at the weekend.

And Naismith...what does he offer? I'd rather have kept a tired Pienaar on the pitch, or bring on Oviedo and switch Kev to the right.
totally agree ... we should sell Nais & Jelli immediately ... couple of useless wage burners .... better are available with the funds we'd make

on the other hand, we scored with them on the pitch.  And his other sub, Ossie, changed the game.  

Martinez walks on water.

We scored despite them being on the pitch.

I wouldn't sell Jelli, I just give him game time at the right time...when we are 2 goals up, against lower league clubs etc.

If he's good enough for Bobby, he's good enough full stop.  Total faith in Martinez at the moment, he's already the best manager we've had since Harry Catterick.

Are you thinking of a name change?  Very Happy 

hmmmm. I've never changed my name on here, maybe I should. Not sure how to honour Bobby M though. If I can come up with something, I will. Probably safer than getting his name tattooed all over my forehead, which is also an option.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 14 Empty Re: Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 1 Jan - 22:16

hairy cataract wrote:
Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:I have to say though, Bobby's subs were a bit odd today. Jelli hasn't scored for months, so why not bring him on in a game we are winning comfortably when the pressure is off, rather than today when he surely would have fluffed his, ruining his condifence even further? I'd like to see him start at the weekend.

And Naismith...what does he offer? I'd rather have kept a tired Pienaar on the pitch, or bring on Oviedo and switch Kev to the right.
totally agree ... we should sell Nais & Jelli immediately ... couple of useless wage burners .... better are available with the funds we'd make

on the other hand, we scored with them on the pitch.  And his other sub, Ossie, changed the game.  

Martinez walks on water.

I wouldn't sell Jelli, I just give him game time at the right time...when we are 2 goals up, against lower league clubs etc.

If he's good enough for Bobby, he's good enough full stop.  Total faith in Martinez at the moment, he's already the best manager we've had since Harry Catterick.

hmmmm.  I've never changed my name on here, maybe I should.  Not sure how to honour Bobby M though.  If I can come up with something, I will.  Probably safer than getting his name tattooed all over my forehead, which is also an option.

Bobby Cataract has a nice ring to it....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Thu 2 Jan - 0:51

We were robbed! Should have had all 3 points. Jammy Stoke.
How can Hughes say they deserved 3 points and threw 2 points away with the pen?
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Thu 2 Jan - 1:09

mindyerho? wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Martinez walks on water.

hmmmm.  I've never changed my name on here, maybe I should.  Not sure how to honour Bobby M though.  If I can come up with something, I will.  Probably safer than getting his name tattooed all over my forehead, which is also an option.

I was thinking Hairy Martinez. He, Bobby not Hairy, is Spanish after all and, by default, is hairy.  scratch 
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 2 Jan - 2:34

Mr_Ben wrote:Just one of those days. Albeit many times we would walk away with Nil points.

Osman changed the game, Pienaar looked off the boil. Unsure about Alcatraz.

How many times would have No11's free kicks gone in.

Also how shit is Jermaine Pennant, seriously it was like a guy paying to play in the PL.

I think Alcaraz looks fine, 2 games so far, one on the left one on the right. Reads the game, gave little away and his distribution is better than jags. A few more games and he'll be at his best.
Poor clearing header from Stones, but looks like he'll be the dogs bollards by the end of the season.
Peanut got clobbered loads of times, hacked whenever he looked dangerous. Forgiven on this occasion.
The barging of Seamus in the second half was unbelievable. Can't see how that was not a pen.
Maybe a few tired players out there. Hibbo to get a game on Saturday, with maybe 2 or 3 others rested to the bench, just in case. Let's see if Apocalypse Now can get on the scoresheet.
Stoke just one horrible team. Maybe the second coming of Wimbledon 1980s style.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 2 Jan - 10:41

Statman wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Statman wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Martinez walks on water.

I was thinking Hairy Martinez. He, Bobby not Hairy, is Spanish after all and, by default, is hairy.  scratch 

just a slight change...  cheers 
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14