Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.)

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 13 Empty Re: Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:53 pm

FT .... fucking hell we deserved to win but are lucky to draw
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Number of posts : 34490
Registration date : 2005-10-17

View user profile http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 13 Empty Re: Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.)

Post  Merseyblue on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:53 pm

A point at Stoke isn't what I wanted but other teams will leave with less this season!
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:53 pm

At least we got a point, but it really should have been all three based on the play.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68396

View user profile http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:54 pm

Phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

Probably deserved 12 from 12 from Xmas period but 7 pts is a decent return, especially with injuries and tiredness mounting.

Well done to keep fighting to the end blues... Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 13 Action-s 

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

View user profile http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:54 pm

That was an incredible game. We were magnificent at times and it woudl have been a travesty if we'd lost.

For me, this game more than any other shows what Martinez has brought to the club. Incredible, almost the same bunch of players but we look a world class side instead of just a "playing above our status" team. And we kept playing beautiful footie right to the end, with Ossie winning the pen with a lovely jinking run.

Very happy.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 24035

View user profile http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:55 pm

We had 60% possession, actually thought it was more than that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:56 pm

Big point in a away, keeps us 4 ahead of Utd and Spurs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:56 pm

Alcaraz & Stones btw  Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 13 Action-s Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 13 Action-s 
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm

Another desperate race to the line finish for us. Glad we got the point but disappointed not to get the three we really deserved. Martinez's "no fear" approach seems to be getting the results we need.
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4880
Registration date : 2005-10-15

View user profile http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 4:59 pm

Shite go to Stoke next. Hopefully Suarez gets the shite kicked out of him there, while we at home to Norwich. Chance to leapfrog them again.

Probably see a scratch team out for cu game on Saturday. A lot of the players could do with a break.

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:00 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:Alcaraz & Stones btw    Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 13 Action-s Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 13 Action-s 

Yes, well spotted. Neither seemed to put a foot wrong and, whisper it, Alcaraz looked class. Comfortable on the ball, you can see he's well-schooled in the Martinez way of playing. Great to have decent back-up for our central defence.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:01 pm

Bluejagz wrote:Shite go to Stoke next. Hopefully Suarez gets the shite kicked out of him there, while we at home to Norwich. Chance to leapfrog them again.

Probably see a scratch team out for cu game on Saturday. A lot of the players could do with a break.

If Stoke play as well against the Shite as they did against us, they should be capable of frustrating them. Really hope they give Ratboy the kicking he so richly deserves.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:02 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:Alcaraz & Stones btw    Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 13 Action-s Stoke City 1 Everton 1 (Baines, pen.) - Page 13 Action-s 

They looked good.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19702
Registration date : 2006-06-01

View user profile http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:06 pm

I have to say though, Bobby's subs were a bit odd today. Jelli hasn't scored for months, so why not bring him on in a game we are winning comfortably when the pressure is off, rather than today when he surely would have fluffed his, ruining his condifence even further? I'd like to see him start at the weekend.

And Naismith...what does he offer? I'd rather have kept a tired Pienaar on the pitch, or bring on Oviedo and switch Kev to the right.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:08 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:I have to say though, Bobby's subs were a bit odd today. Jelli hasn't scored for months, so why not bring him on in a game we are winning comfortably when the pressure is off, rather than today when he surely would have fluffed his, ruining his condifence even further? I'd like to see him start at the weekend.

And Naismith...what does he offer? I'd rather have kept a tired Pienaar on the pitch, or bring on Oviedo and switch Kev to the right.
totally agree ... we should sell Nais & Jelli immediately ... couple of useless wage burners .... better are available with the funds we'd make
Made 4 Gwladys
Made 4 Gwladys

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:12 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:I have to say though, Bobby's subs were a bit odd today. Jelli hasn't scored for months, so why not bring him on in a game we are winning comfortably when the pressure is off, rather than today when he surely would have fluffed his, ruining his condifence even further? I'd like to see him start at the weekend.

totally agree ... we should sell Nais & Jelli immediately ... couple of useless wage burners .... better are available with the funds we'd make

on the other hand, we scored with them on the pitch. And his other sub, Ossie, changed the game.

Martinez walks on water.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:18 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

on the other hand, we scored with them on the pitch.  And his other sub, Ossie, changed the game.  

Martinez walks on water.

We scored despite them being on the pitch.

I wouldn't sell Jelli, I just give him game time at the right time...when we are 2 goals up, against lower league clubs etc.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:21 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

on the other hand, we scored with them on the pitch.  And his other sub, Ossie, changed the game.  

Martinez walks on water.

I wouldn't sell Jelli, I just give him game time at the right time...when we are 2 goals up, against lower league clubs etc.

If he's good enough for Bobby, he's good enough full stop. Total faith in Martinez at the moment, he's already the best manager we've had since Harry Catterick.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:30 pm

Had to go and pick my son up
Nearly had an accident when baines Scored
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm

Mark Hughes deluded twat shocker!

We're disappointed. We put a huge effort in. We were good value for a 1-0 lead. I felt we coped really well with Everton. Four or five weeks ago we were beaten 4-0 by them. Today we more than matched them.

"It's a clear penalty. We made a mistake and it allowed them a way back. I thought we deserved three points. We played really well.

It was indeed a clear penalty, and we did beat them 4-0 a few weeks ago. The rest is just drug talk.

Taxi to Colorado for Hughes.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:15 pm

Just one of those days. Albeit many times we would walk away with Nil points.

Osman changed the game, Pienaar looked off the boil. Unsure about Alcatraz.

How many times would have No11's free kicks gone in.

Also how shit is Jermaine Pennant, seriously it was like a guy paying to play in the PL.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm

Bluejagz wrote:Shite go to Stoke next. Hopefully Suarez gets the shite kicked out of him there, while we at home to Norwich. Chance to leapfrog them again.

We haven't beat them since they came up. About time we put that right.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7088
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Martinez walks on water.

If he's good enough for Bobby, he's good enough full stop.  Total faith in Martinez at the moment, he's already the best manager we've had since Harry Catterick.

Are you thinking of a name change?  Very Happy 
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7088
Registration date : 2005-12-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 7:24 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

Martinez walks on water.

I have totally lost all faith in Jelly. Naismith on the other hand I thought did OK when he came on. He's just not an all out striker and hence won't score that much.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Wed 01 Jan 2014, 7:46 pm

2 fouls in the area to get the penalty - kicked all over the place (particularly in critical areas when chances were about to materialise) - a draw is the very least we deserved even if we weren't that great and you have to concede how well Stoke defended, especially Onecap Ryan.

Sometimes luck deserts you, bar, post, opps score from their one decent shot, defence keep us out by luck rather than good judgement and then finally we get something - although I wonder if we were clean away when Marriner called time - having added nothing for the delay on the penalty.

But at least we've beaten the curse of the reserve keeper - I know for sure we never score at home against sub keepers.

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20091
Registration date : 2005-10-14

View user profile http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next