606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 0 Sunderland 1

+15
Yankthattoffee
The President
Tonteau
SouthernSmugToffee
Helenqu
Knight of Thorgothshire
hairy cataract
Armchair
Blue gazza
Cahill the Great
RhinoJagz
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Dixie Land
19 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Everton 0 Sunderland 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: Everton 0 Sunderland 1

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 27 Dec 2013, 3:40 pm

The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Gus Poyet - "Everton are the best team we have played against this season, even with 10 men,"

I want points not plaudits - we really missed a great opportunity yesterday

I'm giving Dixie's babies back now.

Ah, the Tim Sherwood school of thought. I think the fact we played for the win with 10 men for 70 odd minutes speaks volumes for how we're playing at the moment. Shit happens, you get games like that, but how you respond is important. This hasn't destroyed our season, we're still in a great position and playing positive, exciting football.

Agreed
Makes the game against Southampton really important
The stats for the Sunnerlund game look like they were the ones playing with 10 men.
Just a bit more poise and Barks, BO, Jelly may have saved at least a point.
Oh well, roll on Sunday

(I am hugely superstitious on game days. My wife once washed my steak-pie-stained scarf before the Wigan game last year. Ahhh. Then we swapped seats around for the following game, and we've been looking good ever since. This game? My wife decided not to go, as was the case with another friend of mine. So I sat with my friend, and I gave our 2 season tickets to another buddy to take his daughter. NEVER AGAIN! Normal service will be resumed against S'hampton.)
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 27 Dec 2013, 3:46 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Gus Poyet - "Everton are the best team we have played against this season, even with 10 men,"

Ah, the Tim Sherwood school of thought. I think the fact we played for the win with 10 men for 70 odd minutes speaks volumes for how we're playing at the moment. Shit happens, you get games like that, but how you respond is important. This hasn't destroyed our season, we're still in a great position and playing positive, exciting football.

Agreed
The stats  for the Sunnerlund game look like they were the ones playing with 10 men.
Oh well, roll on Sunday

(I am hugely superstitious on game days. My wife once washed my steak-pie-stained scarf before the Wigan game last year. Ahhh.  Then we swapped seats around for the following game, and we've been looking good ever since. This game? My wife decided not to go, as was the case with another friend of mine. So I sat with my friend, and I gave our 2 season tickets to another buddy to take his daughter. NEVER AGAIN!  Normal service will be resumed against S'hampton.)
Me too ... I had to visit relatives this Boxing Day & had to dress up a wee bit to keep mrs4G happy.. on top of that I was given a RED jumper as a pressie ... fucking RED !!! ... this is the first game I can remember that I didn't have my ECWC shirt on... or a 93 blue chang .... gutted ... I will wear the CWC shirt on Sunday Saints had better watch out !!

Number of posts : 41046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 27 Dec 2013, 3:54 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:

Agreed
The stats  for the Sunnerlund game look like they were the ones playing with 10 men.
Oh well, roll on Sunday

(I am hugely superstitious on game days. My wife once washed my steak-pie-stained scarf before the Wigan game last year. Ahhh.  Then we swapped seats around for the following game, and we've been looking good ever since. This game? My wife decided not to go, as was the case with another friend of mine. So I sat with my friend, and I gave our 2 season tickets to another buddy to take his daughter. NEVER AGAIN!  Normal service will be resumed against S'hampton.)
Me too ... I had to visit relatives this Boxing Day & had to dress up a wee bit to keep mrs4G happy.. on top of that I was given a RED jumper as a pressie ... fucking RED !!! ... this is the first game I can remember that I didn't have my ECWC shirt on... or a 93 blue chang .... gutted ... I will wear the CWC shirt on Sunday Saints had better watch out !!
and do people understand us?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 27 Dec 2013, 3:57 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
The President wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
The President wrote:

Agreed
Oh well, roll on Sunday

and do people understand us?  
My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I know better ... tbh Sacko wasn't nearly scathing enough of Kone, Alcatraz & Martinez either ... so he has to take considerable blame too... but at the end of the day it's Dixie's fault as it was his match thread !... Dixie ruined my Christmas the fucker

Number of posts : 41046
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 27 Dec 2013, 4:35 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Barks and Barry on 4 yellows.
We need to stay calm boys.  Just 2 more games.

You see, I messed up with this post.
I make it a point during the game not to say anything about how well/badly a player has been performing.
As soon as you say "Player B has had a fab season so far," he will promptly feck up like never before.
"This goalie is shyte!" Expect world class performance.
I blame anything, even Fellaini came into my Sunnerlund rant, back in the pub.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 28 Dec 2013, 2:03 pm

I boycotted the internet for 2 days after that loss. Just wanted to pretend it didn't happen.

I assume Howard serves his ban against the Saints. At least he won't pick up a yellow and will then have his other 4 wiped clean with the NY amnesty.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sat 28 Dec 2013, 2:29 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I boycotted the internet for 2 days after that loss. Just wanted to pretend it didn't happen.

I assume Howard serves his ban against the Saints. At least he won't pick up a yellow and will then have his other 4 wiped clean with the NY amnesty.

At least he won't get a one match suspension - due to him serving a one match suspension.  Laughing 

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 29 Dec 2013, 7:38 pm

Helenqu wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:The BBC report seems to suggest Tim was unlucky. Is that right? Were we robbed?

Not robbed but our 10 men were more than a match for their 11. It was a bad backpass by Ossie that caused the problem. Just a simple mistake. We deserved to win the game IMHO.

Only saw this quickly on MOTD but it looked like Howard gave Osman a ball that could only be returned to Howard. My question would be - if he was going to hoof a ball returned to him by Osman then why not just hoof the dead ball?
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8