606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

+33
Valentino Blue
Gravy & Chips
WellOilBeefHooked
Lumper
Tonteau
Royal Blue Mersey
anticipate_the_pass
Dixie Land
My other LB is a Ferrari
SEFTON
hairy cataract
Sack the Juggler
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SouthernSmugToffee
The President
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Made 4 Gwladys
Yankthattoffee
Albert
Helenqu
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Hinchcliffe Corner
Statman
Mr_Ben
Cahill the Great
Merseyblue
fourdoors
ToffeeDan
37 posters

Page 33 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 33 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 09 May 2016, 1:30 pm

Gravy & Chips wrote:I'm with you Judge, I said after the game at Goodison that they weren't that good and Vardy was pretty much anonymous that day.

There is no way that they deserved to win that game at Goodison, didn't watch the shite on Saturday thankfully but I can imagine they were good for the win.

Leicester have been like that throughout the season, shite but strong in defence and managing to nick late goals or 1-0 wins.

Fair play to them, they found a formula that worked, but we should not have been beat at Goodison, especially with that ultra dodgy hand ball decision that went against us.
Leicester 13 pens this year. Only Palace in 2004/5 have had more in the PL era.
At the weekend it was a Zola Budd/Stevie Me pen. Have a look at the video, he's alongside Pennington, touches the ball with his left foot, to a position he cannot get to, throws his left leg in front of the defender and trips Pennington and himself up, in a style not dissimilar to the sending off 3 games ago.
At the game, the throw in that led to Vardy's goal was as poorly defended as I can remember. Just no awareness of what's happening around them, particularly Cleverley. Stones then just gave up, as he did on a few occasions.
...and if RM is looking to the future, playing Oviedo at RB was a calamity. If he's not going to play the likes of Connelly, then where was Hibbo? Not even on the bench.
I was so disappointed in our performance rather than the result, so much so, I didn't stay for the presentation, which I had every intention of doing before the KO. If we had played one of our suicidal but entertaining 4-3 games, I'd have been happy as Larry, but there you go RM, we couldn't even lose properly.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?) - Page 33 Empty Re: ROBERTO MARTINEZ - Meet the new boss (Same as the old boss?)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 09 May 2016, 1:53 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Gravy & Chips wrote:I'm with you Judge, I said after the game at Goodison that they weren't that good and Vardy was pretty much anonymous that day.

There is no way that they deserved to win that game at Goodison, didn't watch the shite on Saturday thankfully but I can imagine they were good for the win.

Leicester have been like that throughout the season, shite but strong in defence and managing to nick late goals or 1-0 wins.

Fair play to them, they found a formula that worked, but we should not have been beat at Goodison, especially with that ultra dodgy hand ball decision that went against us.
At the weekend it was a Zola Budd/Stevie Me pen. Have a look at the video, he's alongside Pennington, touches the ball with his left foot, to a position he cannot get to, throws his left leg in front of the defender and trips Pennington and himself up, in a style not dissimilar to the sending off 3 games ago.
At the game, the throw in that led to Vardy's goal was as poorly defended as I can remember. Just no awareness of what's happening around them, particularly Cleverley. Stones then just gave up, as he did on a few occasions.
...and if RM is looking to the future, playing Oviedo at RB was a calamity. If he's not going to play the likes of Connelly, then where was Hibbo? Not even on the bench.
I was so disappointed in our performance rather than the result, so much so, I didn't stay for the presentation, which I had every intention of doing before the KO. If we had played one of our suicidal but entertaining 4-3 games, I'd have been happy as Larry, but there you go RM, we couldn't even lose properly.
I thought it was a carbon copy tbh... he could easily have stayed on his feet but the refs are easily conned so over he goes

..we were shite though

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 09 May 2016, 2:59 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Hibbert strangely enough was injured in training so we are led to believe.Oveido is too light-weight to be a defender.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10608
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 09 May 2016, 5:51 pm

sefton wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Hibbert strangely enough was injured in training so we are led to believe.Oveido is too light-weight to be a defender.
Leicester win 4-3 and Hibbo gets a goal. Everyone#s happy.
But Hibbo defends with his life, which is not the RM way.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 10 May 2016, 5:51 pm

Just to keep you all up to date, Spoke to one of my two brother(today) who work at Everton Football club,regards to the Martinez saga, to get confirmation regards Latest Bull-shit rumour doing its social media rounds ? Moureen(Jose Mourinho) announcement Imminent? This is NOT happening, Martinez signed a contract extension that takes effect from 1st June 2016, should Everton sack Martinez the club would have to pay Martinez £2.9 million, If Everton wait until 1st June 2016, compensation would be a lot less.
This is the kenwright way.

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 10 May 2016, 8:47 pm

sefton wrote:Just to keep you all up to date, Spoke to one of my two brother(today) who work at Everton Football club,regards to the Martinez saga, to get confirmation regards Latest Bull-shit rumour doing its social media rounds ? Moureen(Jose Mourinho) announcement Imminent? This is NOT happening, Martinez signed a contract extension that takes effect from 1st June 2016, should Everton sack Martinez the club would have to pay Martinez £2.9 million, If Everton wait until 1st June 2016, compensation would be a lot less.

Is your brother the bloke who fixes the ice machine?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked Tue 10 May 2016, 10:34 pm

As long as they're working behind the scenes to announce a replacement on the 2nd June
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1197
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 10 May 2016, 11:09 pm

WellOilBeefHooked wrote:As long as they're working behind the scenes to announce a replacement on the 2nd June
If we can save the club £2.9M, why not wait 3 weeks? Makes sense to me.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 11 May 2016, 8:24 am

Armchair wrote:
sefton wrote:Just to keep you all up to date, Spoke to one of my two brother(today) who work at Everton Football club,regards to the Martinez saga, to get confirmation regards Latest Bull-shit rumour doing its social media rounds ? Moureen(Jose Mourinho) announcement Imminent? This is NOT happening, Martinez signed a contract extension that takes effect from 1st June 2016, should Everton sack Martinez the club would have to pay Martinez £2.9 million, If Everton wait until 1st June 2016, compensation would be a lot less.

Is your brother the bloke who fixes the ice machine?

No mate, they both throw people out the ground for being abusive(Sarcastic) Drunk.at the away end. Very Happy
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 11 May 2016, 12:24 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
WellOilBeefHooked wrote:As long as they're working behind the scenes to announce a replacement on the 2nd June

Yes I think that is what's going on. Even Martinez knows now he is on his bike in the summer.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 11 May 2016, 12:35 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:

Yes I think that is what's going on.  Even Martinez knows now he is on his bike in the summer.

Two slightly different betting markets. This one is 'next permanent Everton manager'...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/everton/next-permanent-manager

... and this one is 'manager of Everton on opening day of 2016/2017 season'...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/everton/manager-on-1st-day-of-next-season

Martinez was at 8/1 yesterday, but is down to 4/1 now. That's slightly concerning that it's come down (and is probably a symptom of people betting on the board doing nothing about it) but even now Skybet rate it as a 20% chance which is still very low.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 11 May 2016, 1:55 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Yes I think that is what's going on.  Even Martinez knows now he is on his bike in the summer.

Two slightly different betting markets. This one is 'next permanent Everton manager'...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/everton/next-permanent-manager

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/everton/manager-on-1st-day-of-next-season

Martinez was at 8/1 yesterday, but is down to 4/1 now. That's slightly concerning that it's come down (and is probably a symptom of people betting on the board doing nothing about it) but even now Skybet rate it as a 20% chance which is still very low.
he's a clueless twat.. but I really can't see him going at all... we are stuck with him

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 11 May 2016, 2:03 pm

Made 4 Sackys wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

he's a clueless twat.. but I really can't see him going at all... we are stuck with him

Bobby gone out to 6/1 now. Mark Hughes 2/1 favourite. It's changing by the hour this one!

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 11 May 2016, 3:34 pm

Made 4 Sackys wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

Bobby gone out to 6/1 now. Mark Hughes 2/1 favourite. It's changing by the hour this one!

Out to 7/1 now. Reassuring that Martin O'Neill has drifted out to 12/1 in both markets too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Wed 11 May 2016, 4:17 pm

Made 4 Sackys wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

This just shows how many twats there are out there who know nothing about Everton
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 12 May 2016, 7:06 am

Surely today is the day. This can't go on any longer.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Thu 12 May 2016, 7:40 am

Apparent De Boer resigned from Ajax last night .....
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 12 May 2016, 9:25 am

Helenqu wrote:Apparent De Boer resigned from Ajax last night .....

He was always due to leave at the end of the season wasn't he? He is the stand-out odds on favourite for us now.

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Thu 12 May 2016, 10:03 am

De Boer now 8/15, bookies think its nailed on.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 12 May 2016, 11:40 am

Roberto is a nice man, we should really be nice to him now, he is out of his depth, let him go NOW
Even if it cost's us money - It will cost us far more if he stays.
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 12 May 2016, 11:47 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:De Boer now 8/15,  bookies think its nailed on.

Odds mean nothing ? This is Everton we are talking about, Frank De Boer has said he's thinking about his future but? Also the possibility of taking a year out from football,

With the Martinez saga dragging on and the thoughts of Bill Kenwright hogging the lime-light through-out the summer whilst a new man is appointed, I just hope Moshiri can get some players In or it will be another long season.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Thu 12 May 2016, 11:57 am

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:De Boer now 8/15,  bookies think its nailed on.

Can you change your signature please? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Thu 12 May 2016, 12:59 pm

Interesting

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3586450/Roberto-Martinez-misses-Everton-training-players-anticipate-fire-manager-s-sacking-Premier-League-slump.html
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 12 May 2016, 1:12 pm

Just a matter of compo amount now
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 12 May 2016, 1:34 pm

Sacked. SSN
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 36 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next