606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

+32
hairy cataract
Da Judge
Yankthattoffee
Knight of Thorgothshire
Lumper
Made 4 Gwladys
Statman
The President
Gravy & Chips
Mr_Ben
SEFTON
Cahill the Great
Tonteau
RhinoJagz
SouthernSmugToffee
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Michael Crosby S74
VenezuelaBlue
Helenqu
Bryan
Hinchcliffe Corner
Kilted_Toffee
Albert
Diamond
tadpole
notepad
Bluey
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Sheep Flavour
36 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 2 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Dixie Land Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

Pienaar not even on the bench for Spuds tonight. His career really has died since he left Everton.

Quite surprised that he is 30 in March. I can't see us spending £6 million on a player that old and, as Hairy said, one that we sold for £2.5 million not so long ago. It will be a loan or nothing IMO.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 2 Empty Re: 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:35 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Pienaar not even on the bench for Spuds tonight. His career really has died since he left Everton.

Quite surprised that he is 30 in March. I can't see us spending £6 million on a player that old and, as Hairy said, one that we sold for £2.5 million not so long ago. It will be a loan or nothing IMO.
It makes sense that he is that old since he was at Ajax a long time ago, but like you said, still somewhat surprising in the end.

And yeah, we are not going to buy him, no way. Unless we can get him back for about what we sold him for, let's say £2M, then I think Moyes would go for it. Since we don't have £2M, it'll be a loan, if anything...
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 04 Jan 2012, 7:26 am

One player likely to leave White Hart Lane is Steven Pienaar, who is expected to go out on loan for the remainder of the season. Pienaar is thought to favour a return to Everton, but Sunderland and Aston Villa are also interested.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 04 Jan 2012, 9:34 am

If we did loan him for the rest of the season then it would be a huge vote of no co confidence for Royston Drenthe, who plays in the same position, and it would probably put an end to any hope of signing him.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 04 Jan 2012, 9:55 am

Dixie Land wrote:If we did loan him for the rest of the season then it would be a huge vote of no co confidence for Royston Drenthe, who plays in the same position, and it would probably put an end to any hope of signing him.

Royston is a left footer on the right, pienaar is a right footer on the left. Thay're not really that similar.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:12 am

Tonteau wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:If we did loan him for the rest of the season then it would be a huge vote of no co confidence for Royston Drenthe, who plays in the same position, and it would probably put an end to any hope of signing him.

Royston is a left footer on the right, pienaar is a right footer on the left. Thay're not really that similar.

Don't think Royston ever played on the right until the other week. He is a left winger really.

Still don't want that diving South African back in the side though. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:19 am

Tonteau wrote:

Plus SP thrived in the middle when Mikky was injured, isn't PL Football all about squads these days anyway?
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Wed 04 Jan 2012, 10:20 am

notepad wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Plus SP thrived in the middle when Mikky was injured, isn't PL Football all about squads these days anyway?

Yes but it is also sadly about greedy, money grabbing cheats.... I put Pienaar into that category so don't want him back. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:48 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
notepad wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Yes but it is also sadly about greedy, money grabbing cheats.... I put Pienaar into that category so don't want him back. Very Happy

Player of the season when he left though, always gives 100%, linked up well with Leighton, added that missing spark to our play.
Sign him! (as long we can afford his wages)
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
notepad wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Player of the season when he left though, always gives 100%, linked up well with Leighton, added that missing spark to our play.

The 2 main problems I have are:

1) If we buy him he will cost £3.5 million more despite not playing in the Premier League this season.

2) If we loan him he will be on £10 grand more despite not playing in the Premier League this season.

Surely a player who cannot make Spur's bench should be willing to take a pay drop to play first team football again? If he would accept £50k a week then I would sign him. If he still wants £75k a week then I would leave him to rot as money is obviously what he plays for.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
notepad wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

1) If we buy him he will cost £3.5 million more despite not playing in the Premier League this season.

2) If we loan him he will be on £10 grand more despite not playing in the Premier League this season.

Surely a player who cannot make Spur's bench should be willing to take a pay drop to play first team football again? If he would accept £50k a week then I would sign him. If he still wants £75k a week then I would leave him to rot as money is obviously what he plays for.

My problem with your problems are:

1) We are rubbish

2) really, really rubbish

Pienaar goes some way to solving that issue so we should sign him. And perhaps fit him with stabilisers so he doesn't fall over so much Very Happy
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Mon 09 Jan 2012, 2:45 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:
notepad wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

My problem with your problems are:

1) We are rubbish

2) really, really rubbish

Pienaar goes some way to solving that issue so we should sign him. And perhaps fit him with stabilisers so he doesn't fall over so much Very Happy

I get the feeling that:

1) Pienaar is a mercenary who will go to the club that pays him most.

2) Sunderland and Villa can afford to pay him more so he will go to one of them.

The stabalisers would be a great idea though. 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 2 F_laugh
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 13 Jan 2012, 5:35 pm

2 Million -- SIGN HIM !!!!! cheers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2085905/QPR-Spurs-midfielder-Steven-Pienaar.html

and manager Harry Redknapp is willing to let him go 12 months after signing him from Everton for £2million.

+ confirmation in here that Sparky is sniffing around Cahill

Number of posts : 41001

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:2 Million -- SIGN HIM !!!!! cheers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2085905/QPR-Spurs-midfielder-Steven-Pienaar.html

and manager Harry Redknapp is willing to let him go 12 months after signing him from Everton for £2million.

How much would we get for Cahill? Can't be much.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 15 Jan 2012, 5:04 pm

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Tha doesn't seem to say that Spurs will let him go for £2 million, rather that Spurs bought him from Everton for £2 million.

The headline says that QPR are ready to bid £3 million, I know Sparky Hughes isn't the smartest but I am sure that even he wouldn't bid £3 million when Spurs would accept £2 million... only Kenny Dalglish would do that.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 Jan 2012, 10:02 pm

Dixie Land wrote:

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

Tha doesn't seem to say that Spurs will let him go for £2 million, rather that Spurs bought him from Everton for £2 million.

The headline says that QPR are ready to bid £3 million, I know Sparky Hughes isn't the smartest but I am sure that even he wouldn't bid £3 million when Spurs would accept £2 million... only Kenny Dalglish would do that.
Yeah, I didn't want to point that out, but since you did.... you are correct, it says they bought him for £2M. I am guessing that some German club would pay £4M minimum for him.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 23 Jan 2012, 6:59 pm

Spurs have slapped a 6M price tag on Pienaar ...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 23 Jan 2012, 7:45 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Spurs have slapped a 6M price tag on Pienaar ...

Spoiler:
What would your thoughts be on a deal where whatever we get for Bily is spent on Peanut?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 23 Jan 2012, 7:50 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Spoiler:
What would your thoughts be on a deal where whatever we get for Bily is spent on Peanut?
not for me.. we need a striker.. nothing else will do

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 23 Jan 2012, 7:56 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Spoiler:
not for me.. we need a striker.. nothing else will do
Agreed. 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 2 Food-smi
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 23 Jan 2012, 8:10 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

Spoiler:

Yes please. If we create enough chances we'll eventually score but at the moment we may only create 2 or 3 decent chances per game, which isn't enough. We have no one who can unlock a defence; our most creative player is our left back FFS 22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 2 Crash In any case, £5m or so doesn't buy a proven striker but it can by a good midfielder.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

22: Steven Pienaar - Back where he belongs - Page 2 Empty Saha for Pienaar?

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

Been a rumor all morning, now McNulty says the first bit is right. Very Happy

This part of Harry's fine? lol! cheers
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

I'll drive him. study

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm

If we get pienaar back, I will be over the moon. Now watch Saha score bag-fulls with decent service.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

Tonteau wrote:If we get pienaar back, I will be over the moon. Now watch Saha score bag-fulls with decent service.

I can't see him getting a game ahead of Adebayor, Defoe and even VdV, plus isn't he cup tied?
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next