606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

+36
Goodison_Gringo
Statman
RhinoJagz
Made 4 Gwladys
Super
hairy cataract
Hinchcliffe Corner
Tonteau
ToffeeDan
VenezuelaBlue
Yankthattoffee
Blue gazza
Helenqu
Merseyblue
The President
Albert
Barry Horne's Equaliser
SEFTON
Sack the Juggler
Michael Crosby S74
Bryan
Gravy & Chips
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
fatboblatch
Da Judge
Cahill the Great
tadpole
Tenner
Dixie Land
SouthernSmugToffee
notepad
anticipate_the_pass
fourdoors
Lumper
My other LB is a Ferrari
Bluey
40 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal Empty 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Mr_Ben Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:42 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4001723/Everton-back-in-for-Rangers-ace-Nikica-Jelavic.html

If we sign him I am going cry, not in joy either. He is more lazy Michael Madar
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal Empty Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Blue gazza Sun 18 Dec 2011, 12:39 pm

rumours say we are signing him in jan

Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal Empty Re: 7: Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 18 Dec 2011, 6:28 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4001723/Everton-back-in-for-Rangers-ace-Nikica-Jelavic.html

I thought the other headline was interesting:-

MANCHESTER UNITED could be handed an amazing Champions League lifeline.
FIFA will suspend the Swiss FA — and all their clubs — unless the association punish FC Sion for fielding ineligible players.

If the Swiss do not comply, United's conquerers Basel would be slung out of the Champions League.

And that would open up the possibility of a shock reprieve for Alex Ferguson's men.

Sion were hit with a transfer embargo over the signing of Egyptian keeper Essam El Hadary — but still signed SIX players anyway.

They have all turned out in Swiss league matches after a civil court ruled that they were eligble to play.

Five of the six also featured in a Europa League play-off against Celtic — causing Sion to be turfed out of the competition.

FIFA chiefs have told Switzerland to throw the book at them by January 13.

A spokesman said: "Should this deadline not be respected, the Swiss FA will be automatically suspended from 14 January 2012 onwards."

There has been no official word on would what happen to Basel's place.

But it is thought likely that it could go to United as the third-placed team in the qualifying group.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 18 Dec 2011, 7:50 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4001723/Everton-back-in-for-Rangers-ace-Nikica-Jelavic.html

FIFA will suspend the Swiss FA — and all their clubs — unless the association punish FC Sion for fielding ineligible players.

If the Swiss do not comply, United's conquerers Basel would be slung out of the Champions League.

And that would open up the possibility of a shock reprieve for Alex Ferguson's men.

Sion were hit with a transfer embargo over the signing of Egyptian keeper Essam El Hadary — but still signed SIX players anyway.

They have all turned out in Swiss league matches after a civil court ruled that they were eligble to play.

Five of the six also featured in a Europa League play-off against Celtic — causing Sion to be turfed out of the competition.

A spokesman said: "Should this deadline not be respected, the Swiss FA will be automatically suspended from 14 January 2012 onwards."

But it is thought likely that it could go to United as the third-placed team in the qualifying group.

Ridiculous that a club can be booted out of a competition because of the actions of another club. Reminds me of the mid/late-80s...
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 18 Dec 2011, 8:40 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Ridiculous that a club can be booted out of a competition because of the actions of another club. Reminds me of the mid/late-80s...
Indeed it does! Bastards. Would be Utd's luck though to get back into it and will then make a lot more money compared to the E.L.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74423

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 18 Dec 2011, 10:08 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Indeed it does! Bastards. Would be Utd's luck though to get back into it and will then make a lot more money compared to the E.L.

But if Basel get kicked out and Manure leave a gap in the Europa Cup, who will fill that spare Europa Cup place? Sit down Mr. Dogleash.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 19 Dec 2011, 9:25 am

QPR are ready to outbid Sunderland for Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic after watching the Croatian in action during the 2-1 win over Inverness-Caledonian Thistle.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Mon 19 Dec 2011, 10:18 am

Saw Sky Sports News discuss this, they ran a video on him, and he looks decent. Despite obviously playing in the SPL..

Seen them Hibbs hovering above the bog seat on the weekend Benny boy

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal Empty Nikica Jelavic

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:17 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/7464428/Everton-in-bid-for-Jelavic
Sky Sports sources understand Everton have made an official offer to sign Rangers' in-demand striker Nikica Jelavic.

Everton boss David Moyes is eager to boost his attacking options before the close of the transfer window and has been linked with Wolves forward Kevin Doyle.

He is also a fan of Jelavic and has launched a raid for the Croatiainternational ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline.

Jelavic missed Rangers' 4-0 win over Hibernian on Saturday through illness after attracting interest from West Ham Unitedearlier in the transfer window.

The 26-year-old has also been linked with Everton's local rivals Liverpool and Queens Park Rangers,as Gers boss Ally McCoist seeks to hang on to his leading scorer.

McCoist revealed before the weekend that he was hopeful of keeping Jelavic at Ibrox, but subsequently commented that the victory over Hibs proved Rangers could cope without him.

However, Everton are now in pole position to snap up Jelavic and are locked in talks with Rangers in the hope of finalising an agreement before the window shuts.

Sources close to the player say that Jelavic is eager to move to the English Premier League and it would be a dream come true to play in the division.

Everton have money to improve their squad after selling Russian winger Diniyar Bilyaletdinov to Spartak Moscow for an undisclosed fee.

Number of posts : 41029

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 29 Jan 2012, 6:52 pm

All over SSN now. I say this is a goer. Prefer him to Doyle on current form

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

• In August 2010 he joined Rangers for £4m and has since netted 36 goals in 55 matches
• Has 17 caps for Croatia and two goals

So he can score lots when he plays in the Scottish Premiership for one of the two clubs that ever win anything but when he plays proper football his record is hardly inspiring.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:06 pm

Statman wrote:• In August 2010 he joined Rangers for £4m and has since netted 36 goals in 55 matches
• Has 17 caps for Croatia and two goals

So he can score lots when he plays in the Scottish Premiership for one of the two clubs that ever win anything but when he plays proper football his record is hardly inspiring.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Scoring in the SPL means fuck all. Having said that, I watched a YouTube compilation and he can not only head a ball powerfully, but he can hit it accurately from outside the box too. He could be our very own Andy Carroll! cheers cheers drunken clown affraid
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:32 pm

Scoring loads in international football isn't that big a deal either.

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal Miroslav-klose-profile

7:  Nikica Jelavic - Ranging in on Goal Peter-Crouch-001

And can anyone remember Messi scoring loads in the last two world cups?

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:52 pm

Started career at Hajduk Split, scoring eight goals in 41 games
After five years he left for Belgian side S.V. Zulte Waregem where he scored three goals in 25 games in one season at the club
He then spent three seasons at Rapid Vienna, scoring 40 goals in 93 matches
In August 2010 he joined Rangers for £4m and has since netted 36 goals in 55 matches
Has 17 caps for Croatia and two goals

Not exactly inspiring is it? I hope Moyes knows what he is doing.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:57 pm

After five years he left for Belgian side S.V. Zulte Waregem where he scored three goals in 25 games in one season at the club
In August 2010 he joined Rangers for £4m and has since netted 36 goals in 55 matches

Can he be any worse than what we've got though? At least it gives us a glimmer of hope and excitement, which will probably be dashed into a million pieces when we see the useless cunt play....
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:09 pm

Everton have opened talks with Rangers in a bid to sign Nikica Jelavic before the transfer window closes on Tuesday.

West Ham had a £7m offer for the 26-year-old Croatian international striker rejected - now Everton boss David Moyes has made his move.

Rangers are understood to want £8m for Jelavic, who missed Saturday's 4-0 win against Hibernian because of illness

Everton have a limited transfer budget but sold Diniyar Bilyaletdinov to Spartak Moscow for £5m.

However, the Toffees are unlikely to meet Rangers' full asking price for Jelavic.

Talks are ongoing in an attempt to agree a deal, with Everton hoping Rangers may drop the price to what the Goodison Park club will regard as a more realistic valuation.

So is this a crap bid so they can say after that they tried ???
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

Can he be any worse than what we've got though? At least it gives us a glimmer of hope and excitement, which will probably be dashed into a million pieces when we see the useless cunt play....

But we know we haven't the money to spend on a Defoe or even a Bent (not Marcus!). So any signing in our limited budget is going to be a gamble. If they were a proven talent, they would already be in a top 6 team.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sun 29 Jan 2012, 10:21 pm

Watched a bit of Rangers v St Johnstone a week or two ago (for some reason we have ESPN on our telly at the moment) and he was being talked about as a possible transfer to the premier league. They asked the pundit if he thought he was up to it and he just said 'No' - Not a club in the top half anyways. I watched him and I can't say I saw anything worth more than about £1.5 million. But the standard of footy up there is probably the worst it's been in some years. It was awful to watch, and I do enjoy watching football. I hope we don't get him, we need another creative midfielder and we've got enough rubbish strikers who can't score as it is. - Too much of nothing.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:06 am

twitter says initial fee of 3.5
and Nev has tweeted 'Fingers Crossed',

also Davie Wier was apparently at the game Friday. inside info?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:07 am

hairy cataract wrote:

If he's half as good as Gibson he'll be pretty shit really.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:19 am

mindyerho? wrote:twitter says initial fee of 3.5
and Nev has tweeted 'Fingers Crossed',

also Davie Wier was apparently at the game Friday. inside info?

Maybe we can pay £3.5m up front, falling by £250k for every game he doesn't score in? That way he'd be a free transfer cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:09 am

In The Times today, £3.5m accepted.

Also we went for DOyle first but Wolves said no.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:10 am

Sad
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:43 am

I've decided that I'm not very excited about his one.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:55 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16783119.stm

Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next