606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

+50
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
Super
Lumper
Knight of Thorgothshire
RhinoJagz
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
Mr_Ben
Statman
Gravy & Chips
SEFTON
Helenqu
Bryan
Yankthattoffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
Merseyblue
The President
VenezuelaBlue
Michael Crosby S74
anticipate_the_pass
Royal Blue Mersey
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
fatboblatch
tadpole
My other LB is a Ferrari
Tonteau
Top Balcony Blue
Albert
BB
fourdoors
Valentino Blue
Cahill the Great
tadpole3
callmebubbles
SouthernSmugToffee
The Griffin
Garry Adams
ToffeeDan
Diamond
Sheep Flavour
Dixie Land
toffee_pies
He's Our Tater Not Yours
paul
MagicMike
detroitblue
Bluey
Mick-J-
54 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

DAVID MOYES - ex Boss - Page 27 Empty Re: DAVID MOYES - ex Boss

Post  Helenqu Wed 08 May 2013, 3:27 pm

I don't want him to go but I think it's quite a bit about fear of the unknown rather than actively wanting Moyes to stay. It's all felt very stale at times this year, he has done all he can with the resources he has. I think he would have stayed if we had got Europe. I wish him all the very best at Man U if he goes. I need another avatar!
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 08 May 2013, 3:51 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
the jellyman wrote:if he has agreed to join them, i am sure there will be a very different atmosphere for our last home game on sunday

If he agrees to join Man Utd then I would let him leave straight away.

if this is true and it seems it is , WHAT HAS KENRIGHT AND THE BOARD DONE, to keep David Moyes? probably nothing.

To be fair... what could they do?
At least go public and tell the fans what's going on? as it seems the Everton way is let the media break the story first and the excuses follow.

a) what would that do to keep Moyes? which was your initial question
b) I don't agree that going public on rumours is a smart move. Do the business behind the scenes and then announce when there's something concrete to announce.

My initial question was ? WHAT HAS KENRIGHT AND THE BOARD DONE, to keep David Moyes.
Rumours are generally associated to lazy journalism,seems every one in the media is running this story ,if Moyes doesn't join United . their will be a lot of red faces in the media world, you don't get company's like talk-sport reporting that Moyes has joined United unless their is solid substance . Hence the reason Everton football club should have put out a statement that David Moyes is talking to United about the vacant managers job.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 08 May 2013, 3:51 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
the jellyman wrote:if he has agreed to join them, i am sure there will be a very different atmosphere for our last home game on sunday

if this is true and it seems it is , WHAT HAS KENRIGHT AND THE BOARD DONE, to keep David Moyes? probably nothing.

Exactly. Still have no pot to piss in. New Sky deal will just inflate transfer fees and wages so still back where we started.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Wed 08 May 2013, 3:57 pm

Bluejags wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Exactly. Still have no pot to piss in. New Sky deal will just inflate transfer fees and wages so still back where we started.

What worries me more is what players Moyes will take with him to ManU?? Shocked
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 08 May 2013, 4:01 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Its not rocket science SST, Baines & Fellaini will be high on his list , also he could try for Jagielka? as I said in a previous post? wait for the mass exodus.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Wed 08 May 2013, 4:08 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Its not rocket science SST, Baines & Fellaini will be high on his list , also he could try for Jagielka? as I said in a previous post? wait for the mass exodus.
Plus, Phil Neville as his assistant.
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 08 May 2013, 4:09 pm

Whichever players he takes, we'll be sure to get a decent wedge for them.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 08 May 2013, 4:10 pm

If he does sign any of our players, let's hope he does us a favour and pays over the odds. £30m for Felli, £35m for Baines, £5.25 for Naismith.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22555
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 08 May 2013, 4:11 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

Plus, Phil Neville as his assistant.
no I see Steve round going with him, Phil Neville has said he wants to continue playing.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 08 May 2013, 4:13 pm

SEFTON wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

At least go public and tell the fans what's going on? as it seems the Everton way is let the media break the story first and the excuses follow.

sell the frigging club at a fair price , not an over inflated one to line their pockets. i am well pissed off if this happens Mad Mad Mad
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 08 May 2013, 4:16 pm

Helenqu wrote:I don't want him to go but I think it's quite a bit about fear of the unknown rather than actively wanting Moyes to stay. It's all felt very stale at times this year, he has done all he can with the resources he has. I think he would have stayed if we had got Europe. I wish him all the very best at Man U if he goes. I need another avatar!

I've been expecting you to change your avatar since the rumours started ... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboblatch Wed 08 May 2013, 4:19 pm

[quote="the jellyman"][quote="SEFTON"][quote="Hinchcliffe Corner"][quote="SEFTON"][quote="Mr_Ben"][quote="the jellyman"]if he has agreed to join them, i am sure there will be a very different atmosphere for our last home game on sunday
[/quote]

If he agrees to join Man Utd then I would let him leave straight away. [/quote]

if this is true and it seems it is , WHAT HAS KENRIGHT AND THE BOARD DONE, to keep David Moyes? probably nothing.[/quote]

[b]To be fair... [b]what could they do[/b][/b]?[/quote] At least go public and tell the fans what's going on? as it seems the Everton way is let the media break the story first and the excuses follow.[/quote]

sell the frigging club at a fair price , not an over inflated one to line their pockets. i am well pissed off if this happens :x :x :x [/quote]

If the move to Manure is true Moyes can fuck right off, the fuckin glory hunter....It's like that Mrs Merton gag with Debbie Mcgee, 'what first attracted you to millionaire Paul Daniels....?' I am reserving my right to be bitter about this!!
fatboblatch
fatboblatch

Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2007-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 08 May 2013, 4:27 pm

mindyerho? wrote:
Helenqu wrote:I don't want him to go but I think it's quite a bit about fear of the unknown rather than actively wanting Moyes to stay. It's all felt very stale at times this year, he has done all he can with the resources he has. I think he would have stayed if we had got Europe. I wish him all the very best at Man U if he goes. I need another avatar!

I've been expecting you to change your avatar since the rumours started ... lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Hold on to your avatar Helenqu.

I'm gonna put a spoke in this by saying is Moyes a decoy to protect the manager being negociated behind closed doors ? wishful thinking I know , read this comment from David Gill chief executive of United

Here’s what Manchester United chief executive David Gill said today regarding what he’s looking for in the next manager:

“The qualities [needed] are the ones that have been inherent in Manchester United for many years. If you look at what has happened with the two most successful eras – Sir Matt Busby and Alex – they are managers who got involved in the whole aspect of the club, whether it be from the youth team up to the first team.

“All aspects of it, plus that degree of loyalty and the understanding of the football club that it’s not just what happens on the first-team pitch, is crucial to the success of Manchester United.

“Those are the sort of things we’ll be looking at. Clearly he has to have the requisite football experience, both in terms of domestic and European experience, so I think it’s a small pool but we’ll move forward.”

I don’t doubt that Moyes is the leading contender, but it’s quite possible that Manchester United may have someone else in mind . Stand up Jose Mourinho.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 08 May 2013, 4:31 pm

what a dickhead i am, i just went onto the O/S to see if there was any news on moyes Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 08 May 2013, 4:38 pm

David Moyes accepts United job

David Moyes has reportedly accepted the manager's job at Manchester United, just hours after Sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement.

Source: David Moyes accepts United job

source NSNO
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 08 May 2013, 4:44 pm

the jellyman wrote:what a dickhead i am, i just went onto the O/S to see if there was any news on moyes Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Moyes joins Everton from Preston North End
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22555
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 08 May 2013, 4:58 pm

http://sportsnewsireland.com/soccer/soccer_irish/boylesports-next-permanent-everton-manager-betting-2013-05-08/
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 08 May 2013, 5:31 pm

tadpole wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:By the way, Martinez is odds on favourite to be the next Everton manager, with Neil Lennon in second place though way behind Martinez. Emma Bunton is third favourite with Michael Crosby as an outside bet and some smart money being put on the bloke down the pub who once gave Bill a lift to the station.

affraid Both of those names fill me with dread!

Any name mentioned fills me with dread.....

Surely we're above a Norwich or Sunderland appointment of someone with no high PL level experience!!!!

What about Di Matteo or Laudrup?
agree... Di Matteo is the man I want

Number of posts : 41048

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 08 May 2013, 5:35 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
tadpole wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:By the way, Martinez is odds on favourite to be the next Everton manager, with Neil Lennon in second place though way behind Martinez. Emma Bunton is third favourite with Michael Crosby as an outside bet and some smart money being put on the bloke down the pub who once gave Bill a lift to the station.

Surely we're above a Norwich or Sunderland appointment of someone with no high PL level experience!!!!

Not convinced on DiMatteo.

He did well for half a season at Chealsea. However his record is not the best.

Just need someone who can take the job running and continue
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 08 May 2013, 5:37 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
tadpole wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

forest gump it is then Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 08 May 2013, 5:37 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4919286/David-Moyes-to-Man-Utd-Everton-deny-official-approach.html

sorry if already posted.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 08 May 2013, 5:37 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
tadpole wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:

he's free too

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 08 May 2013, 5:40 pm

Big Dunc
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Wed 08 May 2013, 5:41 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4919286/David-Moyes-to-Man-Utd-Everton-deny-official-approach.html

sorry if already posted.

published 6 hrs ago, a lot can change mate
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 08 May 2013, 5:41 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:Big Dunc
with Peter Reid Smile