606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

+47
Armchair
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Qld Toffee
Goodison_Gringo
Yankthattoffee
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
Helenqu
VenezuelaBlue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Mr_Ben
ToffeeDan
SEFTON
Lumper
jags
Margate Blue
Michael Crosby S74
Kilted_Toffee
Blue gazza
Dixie Land
Bryan
Cahill the Great
notepad
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
paul
Gravy & Chips
Tonteau
Statman
Diamond
Valentino Blue
Top Balcony Blue
BB
Albert
Bluey
Da Judge
Gazbow
The Griffin
Riggy
MagicMike
fatboblatch
Brummie No Mates
detroitblue
duncs pigeons
Landon_toffee
MyBlueToothBrush
51 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) Empty 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  RhinoJagz Sat 03 Oct 2009, 12:08 pm

Whilst I thought the handcuffs celebration was ill advised and Cahill acknowledged it afterward, I didnt think the canoe tribute was in bad taste. Tim simply brought attention to the disaster and re-affirmed it afterwards. As we all know Tim has a history of charity work back home in Australia and think he had the best of intentions on thursday. He may even go back there during the international break for all we know.
The point is, I thought it was a unnecessary weasely piece of 'journalism' and its Kelly rather the Cahill trying to draw attention to himself as a 'tell it as it is' Journo. Finally he desperately trys to assend the moral high ground by stating he might 'chip in something myself' as if it now equals the efforts (granted a well paid) Cahill makes back home.

For the whole cringing rant and exaggeration

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1217803/DES-KELLY-Celebrate-moment-don-t-push-boat-far.html

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  hairy cataract Sat 03 Oct 2009, 1:23 pm

I hear what your saying, but personally I agree with the piece. Cahill is clearly a decent bloke and has spoken eloquently on a number of issues, but a rowing boat celebration simply diminishes the importance of a tragic disaster by seeming to suggest some kind of equivalence between the joy of scoring of a goal in a footy match and the the wiping out of entire communities in an earthquake or tsunami. It's comes across as an egotistical, tasteless gesture and, above all, trivialises the disaster. And I personally will shoot the next footballer to raise his shirt to reveal a wifebeater vest telling us he belongs to God. No, you overpaid big-headed cunt, you belong to your fucking agent.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) Empty Re: 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least)

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 03 Oct 2009, 1:34 pm

What he did was the beginning of a Maori/Samoan dance about missing home. Seen it elsewhere when Maoris are on tour and drink too much kava.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 03 Oct 2009, 2:14 pm

mindyercarmister? wrote:What he did was the beginning of a Maori/Samoan dance about missing home. Seen it elsewhere when Maoris are on tour and drink too much kava.

In which case, fair enough. I do a little dance when I'm away from home - it involves two scantily clad lapdancers, my lap, and a bottle of champagne.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sat 03 Oct 2009, 5:15 pm

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) Lol
We get a lot of Maoris at Oldies rugby festivals and they're a fairly emotional bunch when they've had a few.
That said, they're massive bullshitters too so it might mean ''my paddle is bigger than yours...."
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 04 Oct 2009, 10:36 am

Who the fuck is Des Kelly and why should anyone give a fuck what he writes in that horrible, hate-mongering collection of garbage that passes for a newspaper?
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22501
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Sun 04 Oct 2009, 12:00 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Who the fuck is Des Kelly and why should anyone give a fuck what he writes in that horrible, hate-mongering collection of garbage that passes for a newspaper?

I LAUGHED, OUT LOUD.

Laughing

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 04 Oct 2009, 1:43 pm

[quote="Bryan"]
Armchair Evertonian wrote:Who the fuck is Des Kelly and why should anyone give a fuck what he writes in that horrible, hate-mongering collection of garbage that passes for a newspaper?[/quote]

I LAUGHED, OUT LOUD.

Laughing

dead right... Des who 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) 298904 fuck off 17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) Moon

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Sun 04 Oct 2009, 1:56 pm

The Daily Mail doesn't like any foreign players..... immigrants stealing our jobs, shagging our Sleep Sleep Sleep clown
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sun 04 Oct 2009, 2:37 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
mindyercarmister? wrote:What he did was the beginning of a Maori/Samoan dance about missing home. Seen it elsewhere when Maoris are on tour and drink too much kava.

In which case, fair enough. I do a little dance when I'm away from home - it involves two scantily clad lapdancers, my lap, and a bottle of champagne.

But he did shrug off Bily to do his little number who provided the assist. Not exactly the best way to treat a new team mate. Personally I didn't like it either. I mean what's next? Is he going to jump round like skippy the next time there is a bush fire?
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 04 Oct 2009, 2:40 pm

Bluey wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

But he did shrug off Bily to do his little number who provided the assist. Not exactly the best way to treat a new team mate. Personally I didn't like it either. I mean what's next? Is he going to jump round like skippy the next time there is a bush fire?
I don't really care what he does as long he puts the ball in the back of the net

Number of posts : 40811

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 04 Oct 2009, 3:59 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Who the fuck is Des Kelly ?

In Ireland he sells shit carpets.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Sun 04 Oct 2009, 8:12 pm

is there a video of this, missed this i think? Idea

Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 04 Oct 2009, 9:30 pm

Bryan wrote:is there a video of this, missed this i think? Idea
It was all of 2 seconds mate, Cahill just kneed and starting rowing down his side.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74305

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sun 04 Oct 2009, 10:19 pm

Des Kelly writes shite. He (was) married to The Vorderman so you'd think he'd keep his mouth shut (being as he's the thick one in the house) and just get on with his life. But obviously he has to demonstrate something that passes for articulation when around her.. and, he's patently failed... which is easily explained by the fact that he writes for this Tory rag.
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  MyBlueToothBrush Sun 04 Oct 2009, 10:41 pm

Bluey wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Tut tut........ Rolling Eyes

whats that Skip?
MyBlueToothBrush
MyBlueToothBrush

Number of posts : 8297
Registration date : 2006-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Landon_toffee Mon 05 Oct 2009, 1:02 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:Who the fuck is Des Kelly and why should anyone give a fuck what he writes in that horrible, hate-mongering collection of garbage that passes for a newspaper?

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) Action-s
Landon_toffee
Landon_toffee

Number of posts : 1505
Registration date : 2006-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 05 Oct 2009, 1:05 pm

When I saw the celebration I thought "yes, it is very rainy there tonight isn't it". So the point was lost on me (not for the first time).

I would agree though that a football goal celebration to 'raise awareness' to a natural disaster that has cost masses of human lives does trivialise it somewhat. Not Cahill's smartest move. He could have just dedicated it in an after match interview.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Mon 05 Oct 2009, 1:11 pm

I hope his next 'controversial' celebration comes in the derby at Anfield when, after netting the winner in the 97th minute of stoppage time at the Kop end, he drops his shorts and takes a massive dump on the penalty spot, pulls his kecks back up, takes a run up and smacks the turd against the top of the cross bar causing it to splat into millions of pieces straight into the Norwegians behind the goal who only have their scarves, bobble hats, badges and paving slabs for cover.

That'll give you something to right about Des, you fuckin bell-whiff.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Mon 05 Oct 2009, 11:41 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:I hope his next 'controversial' celebration comes in the derby at Anfield when, after netting the winner in the 97th minute of stoppage time at the Kop end, he drops his shorts and takes a massive dump on the penalty spot, pulls his kecks back up, takes a run up and smacks the turd against the top of the cross bar causing it to splat into millions of pieces straight into the Norwegians behind the goal who only have their scarves, bobble hats, badges and paving slabs for cover.

That'll give you something to right about Des, you fuckin bell-whiff.

That's crazy.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

17: Tim Cahill - Scores (on FIFA XII at least) Empty Cahill..whats happened to him

Post  duncs pigeons Fri 23 Oct 2009, 7:59 am

Made captain last night and one of the more experienced players on show but showed no willingness to help out Gosling who was clearly targeted in the second half..he seems a shadow of the player of old...he's never been the best in a 4 man midfield but some of his performances lately have been shocking...
duncs pigeons
duncs pigeons

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 23 Oct 2009, 8:13 am

duncs pigeons wrote:Made captain last night and one of the more experienced players on show but showed no willingness to help out Gosling who was clearly targeted in the second half..he seems a shadow of the player of old...he's never been the best in a 4 man midfield but some of his performances lately have been shocking...

i think tim has given his all to help the aussies qualify for the world cup at the expence of his club football
which has been poor for a while , maybe cahill needs a rest but unfortunately we don't have the squad fit enough to accomadate this yet,fellaini is another that hasn't got going yet this season maybe when arteta -jags -pienaar are fit we may see the step up of perfomances.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Fri 23 Oct 2009, 9:33 am

SCAPGEGOAT ALERT. This is not a LFC Forum.

Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 23 Oct 2009, 9:38 am

He is still a hugely important player for us. Against BATE we would not have won if it wasnt for him. He hasnt been as good as he has been in other seasons but neither have most of our players. Last night was a bad, bad day at the office for the entire team and I cant blame one player who was being played out of position. Perhaps he does need a break and perhaps his mind is half on the World Cup but, as I said, he is still vitally important for us.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Fri 23 Oct 2009, 9:40 am

He's been played too deep to be effective going forward.

When there are more players back he will be back to battering corner flags again.
Michael Crosby S74
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next