606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines)

+26
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Armchair
notepad
Goodison_Gringo
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
Valentino Blue
SouthernSmugToffee
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Bluey
Tonteau
anticipate_the_pass
Made 4 Gwladys
Super
Dixie Land
Garry Adams
hairy cataract
fatboblatch
Bryan
Albert
Mr_Ben
El Pablo
Sheep Flavour
Michael Crosby S74
Statman
30 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Empty Re: Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines)

Post  BB Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:33 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Garry Adams wrote:
BB wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:

Possession

* Man City 60%
* Everton 40%

Attempts on target

* Man City 15
* Everton 3

Attempts off target

* Man City 10
* Everton 1

Corners

* Man City 11
* Everton 0

Fouls

* Man City 7
* Everton 13

We were battered to be fair but swings and roundabouts - we've hammered enough teams and got nothing so tonight was our turn. And most of their efforts were from long range anyway.

We weren't battered. We knocked the other guy out twice, and then sat on the ropes for 10 rounds soaking up punishment. Anything not to lose.

It might be a win, but I don't follow Everton to get 3 points like that. I follow them because they get stuck in and don't let big teams push us about without a fight.

This is why I shout at Moyes so much. To him, it's 3 points, but to me, it's 70 minutes of thinking WTF?

We both want the same thing, but as a fan, I want to be entertained, and that was not entertaining, but frustrating. Their goal also cost me 8 points.

Dixie for fan of the night. Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Smileyse

So are you saying we gave up without a fight tonight?

No. That's what you're saying. What I said was fairly clear. Very Happy

So are you saying "It might be a win, but I don't follow Everton to get 3 points like that. I follow them because they get stuck in and don't let big teams push us about without a fight"???

Very Happy Wink

How dare you accuse me of such words. lol! lol! lol!
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Empty Re: Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines)

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:34 pm

Heart - Effort - Bollox (and a little luck), that performance finally put some real pride back in the jersey. Yes, on another night we might have been on the end of a hammering, but we were more up for it then Citeh tonight. We dispensed with all the thermals and just got stuck into them early on. Most of the time, football is simple. Its about wanting it more then the other lot, willing to get stuck in and win the physical battle first then taking chances when they come regardless of who's on the pitch. I remember last year when we lost to Birmingham in the cup. We were on a great run at the time, playing great football but on the day, they just wanted it more and took their chances early on and defended like demons for the rest of the game, very much like tonight's game by us. If I was a Citeh fan, I would have been disappointed at the desire of some of their players, especially the two pre-madonnas up front.

We rode our luck at times but we deserved it. Howard and Distin outstanding..

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:36 pm

Look who was impressed with Everton tonight cheers cheers cheers
Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Captureub

Number of posts : 41045
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:39 pm

Bluejags wrote:Heart - Effort - Bollox (and a little luck), that performance finally put some real pride back in the jersey. Yes, on another night we might have been on the end of a hammering, but we were more up for it then Citeh tonight. We dispensed with all the thermals and just got stuck into them early on. Most of the time, football is simple. Its about wanting it more then the other lot, willing to get stuck in and win the physical battle first then taking chances when they come regardless of who's on the pitch. I remember last year when we lost to Birmingham in the cup. We were on a great run at the time, playing great football but on the day, they just wanted it more and took their chances early on and defended like demons for the rest of the game, very much like tonight's game by us. If I was a Citeh fan, I would have been disappointed at the desire of some of their players, especially the two pre-madonnas up front.

yeah, this game had all the drama. I watched it at home live on ESPN, I didn't really fell nervous at any time, it was a great team performance along with the little bit o' luck

cheers cheers cheers
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipate_the_pass Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:41 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Look who was impressed with Everton tonight cheers cheers cheers
Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Captureub

Landon probably watches ESPN too Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Food-smi
anticipate_the_pass
anticipate_the_pass

Number of posts : 1014
Registration date : 2006-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:48 pm

cheers cheers cheers

You snoods, you lose!
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:53 pm

anticipate_the_pass wrote:
Bluejags wrote:Heart - Effort - Bollox (and a little luck), that performance finally put some real pride back in the jersey. Yes, on another night we might have been on the end of a hammering, but we were more up for it then Citeh tonight. We dispensed with all the thermals and just got stuck into them early on. Most of the time, football is simple. Its about wanting it more then the other lot, willing to get stuck in and win the physical battle first then taking chances when they come regardless of who's on the pitch. I remember last year when we lost to Birmingham in the cup. We were on a great run at the time, playing great football but on the day, they just wanted it more and took their chances early on and defended like demons for the rest of the game, very much like tonight's game by us. If I was a Citeh fan, I would have been disappointed at the desire of some of their players, especially the two pre-madonnas up front.

yeah, this game had all the drama. I watched it at home live on ESPN, I didn't really fell nervous at any time, it was a great team performance along with the little bit o' luck

cheers cheers cheers

I sat in the kitchen and it was live on the telly? Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Yahoo_34
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 20 Dec 2010, 10:56 pm

I thought it was a very good result, No creative outlets other than a fullback. I have been very critical of this team not having any balls. Well tonight, that was a good start, took there chances and kept the other lot out.

When they scored, I did expect a cave in, but a pet hate of mine pulled off a couple of goos saves. MoM in reality of a game of few chances. So hopefully onwards and upwards.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 20 Dec 2010, 11:16 pm

I don't usually bother reading other fan sites but after we play City each year I do enjoy a read of the comments on the Manchester Evening News; http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1401198_manchester_city_1_everton_2#comments

Once again they didn't disappoint. I love their sense of injustice. I thought we were the bitter ones?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 20 Dec 2010, 11:28 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I don't usually bother reading other fan sites but after we play City each year I do enjoy a read of the comments on the Manchester Evening News; http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1401198_manchester_city_1_everton_2#comments

Once again they didn't disappoint. I love their sense of injustice. I thought we were the bitter ones?

We parked the bus for a change, most teams have done us for points this season, The difference is today we scored. Where would we be with goals! No complaints we used our resources.
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 20 Dec 2010, 11:29 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:I don't usually bother reading other fan sites but after we play City each year I do enjoy a read of the comments on the Manchester Evening News; http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1401198_manchester_city_1_everton_2#comments

lol! lol! lol! You would think they have actually won something in the last 30 years!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Mon 20 Dec 2010, 11:30 pm

Bluejags wrote:

lol! lol! lol! You would think they have actually won something in the last 30 years!

It was the 20's when the topped they league tables... Laughing
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Tue 21 Dec 2010, 12:05 am

my favourite quote of the night, from Lawro

BBC Radio 5 live's Mark Lawrenson: "The body language of the Manchester City players isn't good, hasn't been all night. I've just been looking around and most of the Everton players are wearing short-sleeves..."
Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Tue 21 Dec 2010, 1:03 am

MEN comments - they hate us.. who cares?

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Tue 21 Dec 2010, 2:29 am

Premier League Top Scorers: Number of Games in which they have scored
Cahill Everton 9
Carroll Newcastle 8
Tevez Man City 7
Elmander Bolton 6
Nasri Arsenal 6
Bent Sunderland 6
Chamakh Arsenal 6
Berbatov Man Utd 5
Nolan Newcastle 5
Drogba Chelsea 5
Malouda Chelsea 5
Kalou Chelsea 5
Odemwingie West Brom 5
Van der Vaart Tottenham 5

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 21 Dec 2010, 3:04 am

Cheers all for an entertaining match thread read. Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Food-smi
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 21 Dec 2010, 8:43 am

BB wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:BB and Hairy, you both make a good point. But look at the players and resources available to Mancini and look at what Moyes has to work with. We may have gone to Eastlands and dominated in previous seasons but that was at full strength with Pienaar and (an on form) Arteta, plus strikers who looked like scoring. Given where we were after the West Brom and Wigan games we can take an enormous amount of pride and satisfaction from tonight's result. We're nowhere near top form but we ground out a result, just like Wigan did against us last week.

If City started to dominate us, I could understand putting 11 men behind the ball, but they weren't. We were dominating them for the first 20 minutes, and we went 2-0 up.

THEN ................

We said come on City .... come and attack us for the next 74 minutes. It's that, that frustrates me. If I was Anichebe I'd belt Moyes in the mouth for getting me sent off, because that's what happens when you let the opposition bend you over. They pressure the refs and the refs give in.

I hear what you are saying BB but I would challenge any team to go 2-0 up at Eastlands and carry on pushing for the third. Giving priority to defending would always come first at that point and of course that does invite pressure.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 21 Dec 2010, 8:43 am

Just as a quick aside, I thought both Bily and Saha did well when they came on.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Tue 21 Dec 2010, 9:06 am

BB wrote:
Armchair Evertonian wrote:BB and Hairy, you both make a good point. But look at the players and resources available to Mancini and look at what Moyes has to work with. We may have gone to Eastlands and dominated in previous seasons but that was at full strength with Pienaar and (an on form) Arteta, plus strikers who looked like scoring. Given where we were after the West Brom and Wigan games we can take an enormous amount of pride and satisfaction from tonight's result. We're nowhere near top form but we ground out a result, just like Wigan did against us last week.

If City started to dominate us, I could understand putting 11 men behind the ball, but they weren't. We were dominating them for the first 20 minutes, and we went 2-0 up.

THEN ................

We said come on City .... come and attack us for the next 74 minutes. It's that, that frustrates me. If I was Anichebe I'd belt Moyes in the mouth for getting me sent off, because that's what happens when you let the opposition bend you over. They pressure the refs and the refs give in.

no idea what point of the match that was, the only time we got close to dominating them was when they were down to 10 men when Zabelleta was injured. for the opening 20 mins the possession stats on sky were 60% - 40% which is pretty much what they were at the end of the game. we played a smash and grab game and eventually conceded when we were over run due to two very harsh yellow cards. I wouldn't go so far to say that we were comfortable before the sending off but we were holding out and restricting city's natural game. City haven't scored a header so we knew we were unlikely to get bombarded with crosses so as long as we stopped them getting in behind us they would be restricted to long range efforts.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Tue 21 Dec 2010, 11:18 am

The Griffin wrote:We were always rubbish at Main Road but don't have a bad record at Eastlands - since 2005 we have won 4 and lost 2 of our games there with no draws.

With Tevez throwing yet another moody to disrupt their dressing room and their players being weighed down with gloves and scarves I can see us winning this one.

2-0 Everton - don't care who scores

"Ner ner ner ner ner" Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Moon (almost right score too - it was 3-0 - Jags og Very Happy )
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Tue 21 Dec 2010, 12:22 pm

http://thisisourcitymanchester.blogspot.com/2010/12/cheating-everton-verdict-still-in-top.html?
Our club will probably do nothing about it because the FA are as corrupt as Fifa, this show respect for referee's campaign is a complete joke as we are just allowing referee's to walk over us and get away with anything and everything.

I have replayed the full 90 odd minutes of the game versus Everton and there is clear video evidence of Everton fielding 11 goalkeepers and a referee as corrupt as a leaking battery.

Hold your heads high City fans because there is nothing to feel down for, our players maybe guilty of an extremely poor first half handing two goals on a golden plate for Everton but they tried and tried their best to come back.

Sure we did not deserve to lose and Everton robbed us in broad daylight but that is whats wrong with parts of Great Britain highlighting Everton itself and all we can do is move on.

On the up side they gain nothing more than three points from it, we can only hope they get caught in a relegation fight for their lower than despicable team of Thierry Henry's and have a miserable end of year.

Referee Peter Walton has to go down in history as the worst ever Premier League referee after failing to award City rightful penalties, atleast three of the six handballs were as clear as clear glass. Atleast two Everton players should have been sent off, the other being Fellaini when he showed his studs on a City player a second time in the game.

If cheating is what makes them happy then so be it, video footage clearly shows who is right and who was wrong so we will leave it at that.

Moving on I wish all City fans a very Merry Christmas and hope it brings us what we need, see you all on Boxing Day and here's to a happy ending to the Newcastle game.

mmmm bitter

also seen a number saying that howard should have been sent off after tackiling the ball away from Balloti following the rebound off the post.

Don't want to tar them all with the same brush so there also this more balanced piece though

http://www.bluedays.co.uk/2010/12/21/verdict-manchester-city-1-everton-2/?

So much for a merry Christmas and a happy first birthday for Roberto Mancini. The City manager took a well aimed kick at the Lucozade bottles after Everton’s second to sum up another night of frustration against the Toffees.

Rather than sitting top of the league, such a game brings back fears of whether we will finish above one of last season’s top four to secure a Champions League place. We sit third, but with our rivals now having games in hand, our position is less convincing.

It all began so brightly with the news that Carlos Tevez had withdrawn his transfer request and was committed to the club, following a meeting with Khaldoon al Mubarak. The captain was once again able to lead the team out to a warm reception from the crowd.

Mancini’s team selection saw Kolarov returned to left-back with Zabaleta winning the battle for the right-back slot. Milner replaced de Jong in central midfield as a reward for his recent efforts in that position.

After comfortably knocking the ball about in the opening minutes, to concede an early goal was a disaster. Mancini knows from last season’s experiences just how difficult to break down Everton can be when they have something to hang on to.

The softness of the goal made it particularly infuriating with Kolarov turning his back on Coleman as he crossed, and Cahill criminally being left unmarked. There was to be no such generosity from the Everton back line.

Following a clash of heads, the seemingly epic absence of Zabaleta for treatment left Mancini raging on the touchline and brought back memories of our chaotic past. With a second goal conceded, created where Zabaleta would have been, Boateng was finally set to come on when Zabaleta reappeared with a partially mummified head.

Pablo continued to be on the receiving end of some strong challenges throughout the match. The Argentine didn’t complain but nor did he offer the skill required to get behind Baines. There was a case for bringing on Boateng to give a little more skill and subtlety to our attacking on the right flank.

While it is tempting to blame conceding two soft goals on the absence of de Jong, they both came from the flanks and Nigel would have been unlikely to prevent either. He may well have had something to say about them though.

Everton are normally feisty and difficult to subdue in midfield, so it was timely of Gareth Barry to step up to the plate. Spreading the play and constantly looking to get us on the front foot, Gareth ensured de Jong wasn’t missed as much as had been feared.

Two goals behind gave us a mountain to climb against our most unforgiving of opponents and the fear of it being insurmountable was palpable. So it proved, but it could have been different as enough chances were created.

Shots rained in for a spell in the first half, and we ought to have had one back before half-time. We managed one in the second half, but it should have been two or more.

Everton’s defending saw them block 16 attempts on goal – a Premier League record this season. Tim Howard did well, but most of our shots were from distance and optimistic. There was a failure to create chances within the penalty area.

This illustrates the current limitation of Mancini’s side. When teams defend deep, narrow and don’t allow space between the lines, we can become frustrated. It was also seen in the goalless draw at home to Birmingham. Tevez doesn’t have space to operate and we remain the only Premier League not to score a headed goal this season.

Rarely do our forwards get on the end of crosses, as balls now being played in by Kolarov are demonstrating. The case for 6′ 2” Dzeko looks ever more compelling after matches like this. We need an alternative to Tevez, and Balotelli isn’t the answer at present.

In fairness to Mancini, Silva and Yaya are now settling into the Premier League and offering more creative options, even if the Spaniard had a relatively poor game here. He had good chances to equalise at 1-0 and 2-1, and failed to get a shot on target for either.

Tevez had a shot deflected over by Howard after Balotelli hit the post, and was thwarted again by the Everton keeper in the dying minutes. Leighton Baines had earlier provided the kind of controlled finish we lacked throughout.

Anichebe’s sending off gave us added hope but changed little in Everton’s set-up. By that time were already looking to close the game out and continued to defend as resolutely as before. Likewise the sending off of Kolo Toure changed nothing and simply added to the sense of farce.

Unlike last year’s defeat, we did create chances and with improved finishing or a better final ball could have won the game. In this regard at least, progress was evident. It’s not enough mind.

As with the Carling Cup semi-final last season, and the penultimate fixture against Spurs, we haven’t been able to make the transition to a side that wins the big games. With Khaldoon al Mubarak watching from the stands, Mancini’s fury was constantly apparent.

Had this been United, Arsenal or Chelsea then they might have turned the game round. We couldn’t and this, more than the conceding of the goals, shows we have yet to become a top team.

Presented with the chance to lead the table at Christmas, the big three would most likely have taken it. We didn’t and winning important games is something Mancini needs to change.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Tue 21 Dec 2010, 12:36 pm

When half of the Man City team came out last night wearing gloves, polo-necks, and spandua under shorts, you can guess that their hearts are not going to be in it!

Mind you it was -8C!

rendeer
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Tue 21 Dec 2010, 1:18 pm

just noticed on watching their goal back that Tevez and ballotelli are stood in offside positions when Traore took his shot. I wouldn't personally say they were interfering with play but then how can you not be if youre inside the 6 yard box. if it hadn't come off jags it would have been a pass to tevez not a shot on goal

http://70.38.71.117/~premtube/mncvsever.html

don't really care as we won, more a highlight of the ridiculousness of the offside rule at the moment how can you be ruled "inactive" in the 6 yard box Man City 1 Everton 2 (Cahill, Baines) - Page 10 Confused
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 21 Dec 2010, 1:56 pm

Bloody hell, they are a bunch of whingers, aren't they? Spoiled by their new-found wealth. None of the handballs were penalties, Fellaini's tackles were firm but fair and Vic was unlucky to be sent off. And even with only 10 men to beat, their overpaid, over-rated mercenaries couldn't muster more than a couple of decent efforts on goal. Pathetic.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue 21 Dec 2010, 1:57 pm

Hat of the year

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/8216398/Is-Manchester-City-striker-Mario-Balotellis-chicken-hat-a-fashion-own-goal.html
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next