606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

+48
Sack the Juggler
Made 4 Gwladys
Goodison_Gringo
Knight of Thorgothshire
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
El Pablo
BB
The President
Dixie Land
Michael Crosby S74
Sheep Flavour
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Top Balcony Blue
Mr_Ben
Hinchcliffe Corner
MyBlueToothBrush
Armchair
RhinoJagz
yankthetoffee
Diamond
SouthernSmugToffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Gazbow
Da Judge
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Luka Perfect
Albert
The Griffin
Super
MagicMike
Bluey
Valentino Blue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
toffee_pies
Blue gazza
Royal Blue Mersey
Cahill the Great
fatboblatch
Bryan
notepad
paul
Synth_fg®
anticipate_the_pass
SEFTON
detroitblue
52 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  BB Wed 11 Aug 2010, 10:49 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
MyBlueToothBrush wrote: I love you

Cheers Brushie. That means a lot. I love you to you as well.

Oh, it was for Arteta??? Crying or Very sad

I love you You can have ny heart if you are gentle with it. 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Smiley_a
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  Dixie Land Wed 11 Aug 2010, 10:59 pm

BB wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

I love you You can have ny heart if you are gentle with it. 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Smiley_a

lol! lol! lol!

A good heart these days is hard to find. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 11 Aug 2010, 11:03 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

so please be gentle with this heart of mine 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 161189
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Thu 12 Aug 2010, 3:56 am

Dixie Land wrote:
BB wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

Is your knife sharp enough? I find it helps to keep the fingers stiff as you feel around under the ribs. Twisted Evil cheers
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Thu 12 Aug 2010, 11:15 am

Dixie Land wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
I know some fans have been asking 'will he be loyal?' Well, I am loyal and I believe in what is happening here.

The guy is a legend! 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Action-s

I'd be loyal too for £35k a week extra. cyclops
Is he getting £75k/wk? That's what I read somewhere. Maybe it was on here.

He could have got a lot more at Man City, Arsenal or Barca to be fair to him. He deserves a big pay packet as he does compare to some of the best in the league.

Yeah, I agree, if the rumours were correct of which teams were after him, he could have got a lot more £££ elsewhere!
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Thu 12 Aug 2010, 11:17 am

Does anyone know what wage rise he received?
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 12 Aug 2010, 11:19 am

BB wrote:Does anyone know what wage rise he received?

I read he was on £75k a week. Could be bullshit. I'd expect him to be somewhere around £50-60k.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 12 Aug 2010, 11:20 am

Tonteau wrote:
BB wrote:Does anyone know what wage rise he received?

I read he was on £75k a week. Could be bullshit. I'd expect him to be somewhere around £50-60k.

GBP 75k has been doing the rounds
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Thu 12 Aug 2010, 12:19 pm

Nice to read that. He got a brilliant reception at Wolfsburg on Saturday. The way he talks about the manager and the club speaks volumes, so unlike Lescunt last summer when he stuck the knife in.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Fri 13 Aug 2010, 1:32 pm

More words of comfort:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/12/mikel-arteta-everton-five-years

Mikel Arteta has made two vows this summer: to love, honour and obey his long-term partner and former Miss Spain, Lorena Bernal, which is perfectly understandable, and to commit the next five years of his career to Everton, which raised an eyebrow or two.

Both commitments involved hitches plus awkward conversations with the manager David Moyes but, with the exception of not being able to invite his team-mates to the wedding, neither is a source of regret to the Spanish midfielder.

The 28-year-old will officially become the highest paid player in Everton's history tomorrow when he signs a £75,000-a-week contract following months of speculation over his future. Arsenal or Barcelona were cited as possible destinations for the Spaniard, while Manchester City were also interested in inflating his bank balance. There was, Arteta insists, a genuine offer to leave Goodison Park for a club "with Champions League, or a club with a lot of good players" – and an opportunity to earn more money. "It wasn't for financial reasons. If that was the case I wouldn't be here now," he says. In the end, however, and in an all-too rare show of gratitude and loyalty, the Basque decided the grass was not greener elsewhere.

"This club has the ability to make you feel at home," Arteta said. "When you are at home and you are building a beautiful house and you are close to completing it, you want to enjoy that house. You don't want to move away, and that is how I felt about Everton. We have been working really hard and I, personally, have been complaining to the chairman about how we need to improve this and that. The club has done it and now is the moment to enjoy it. That was a big part. This is the moment we have been waiting for in the last four or five years.

"Plus, the manager and chairman were both saying they needed me for a big project, and not to walk away. The manager told me he has been in a similar situation and he decided to stay. So this was my time to acknowledge that they have been unbelievable with me, when I was injured or had other problems, and it was the moment for me to step forward and say: 'It is my time now.'"

As the summer passed without any white smoke being released from Goodison on Arteta's future, the former Barcelona youth graduate, a wandering star until he joined Moyes's side on loan in 2005, broke off from the club's pre-season tour of Australia to get married in Mallorca. It was a sure sign, the conspiracy theorists argued, of a star player having his employers over a barrel during contract negotiations. The truth was far simpler, although not for Arteta and his bride to be.

"This is something I feel really bad about," he admits. "I don't think it was right but, originally, we were due to be in Liverpool at that point in pre-season. I went to the gaffer last year and told him the place we wanted to get married in had only one date available. He said: 'What can you do? You only get married once in your life – you can have two days off.' That was fine. Seven months later the club changed its pre-season plans and decided to go on tour of Australia. There was no way I could go to and from Australia and get married in 48 hours. I was in big trouble now.

"I had to explain to the gaffer and he was very understanding and gave me six days off. It wasn't nice to leave my team-mates while they were all working hard in Australia, but I had arranged my wedding a year before and it was impossible to tell 250 guests to go home. My wife was really worried about it too, but the manager was fine and said he couldn't ruin the wedding for reasons that were not my fault. It happened, it had to happen, but it wasn't good. Tim [Cahill] was free [because of a post-World Cup holiday] and he was my best man. I was sad because I wanted players and staff at the wedding too, but we just couldn't do it."

Arteta may have the respect of his peers, the devotion of the Goodison faithful and a lucrative contract, but he would not have re-tied the knot with Everton had he any reservations about the club's ability to compete at the top. "I want to win things. I want to play in the Champions League and I want to make sure that when I leave this club they are in the top four at least," he stated. "I think I can achieve that here."

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Fri 13 Aug 2010, 7:51 pm

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6310555,00.html

Steven Gerrard has revealed he would "love" Everton counterpart Mikel Arteta to come into the England fold.

Arteta, who is from the Basque Country and is Spanish by nationality, has never been capped by the reigning European and world champions.

He qualifies for England through the residency rule like his compatriot Manuel Almunia, the Arsenal goalkeeper.

And Liverpool skipper Gerrard admits he would welcome his Merseyside rival into the England camp.

He told TalkSPORT's Drive Time: "I'd certainly love nothing better than to see Mikel Arteta available for England.

"You want to play with the best players, and if it makes the England squad better, of course I'd like to see it.

"I think it happens to most national teams [that they pick non-nationals], but it's up to him if he wants to make himself available.

"You want to play with the best players, and if it makes the England squad better, of course I'd like to see it."

Gerrard added: "Fabio Capello is the man to answer the question because he's the manager, but for me he's an excellent player."

Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6844
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Fri 13 Aug 2010, 9:29 pm

Darren Gough on the Drive Time show called Areta World Class.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Fri 13 Aug 2010, 9:32 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:Darren Gough on the Drive Time show called Areta World Class.

I dont hold Darren Goughs opinion in any high regard.
Michael Crosby S74
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Fri 13 Aug 2010, 9:44 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:
Sheep Flavour wrote:Darren Gough on the Drive Time show called Areta World Class.

Neither do I and the show is poorer since Ian Wright left but he is more than welcome to say that. Smile
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Fri 13 Aug 2010, 10:33 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:

Neither do I and the show is poorer since Ian Wright left but he is more than welcome to say that. Smile

Darren Gough also said the other day that he had no idea why Rodwell wasnt in the England squad to face Hungary. He called him the most promising English youngster in the Premier League. I quite like Darren Gough if Im honest, I find him quite funny.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 22 Aug 2010, 12:58 am

Don't do it Mikel affraid

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/21/england-mikel-arteta-everton-spain

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 22 Aug 2010, 1:29 am

The President wrote:Don't do it Mikel affraid

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/21/england-mikel-arteta-everton-spain

He's probably just calling Spains bluff. "Play me, or lose me " so to speak.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 01 Sep 2010, 9:02 pm

Arteta not eligible for Englan anyway...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/01/arteta-not-eligible-for-england

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Thu 02 Sep 2010, 1:56 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:Arteta not eligible for Englan anyway...

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/09/01/arteta-not-eligible-for-england

as someone on the OS said, lucky escape....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Thu 02 Sep 2010, 11:59 am

Had he played, and the next England manager was slightly patriotic, it would have been all over for him. He should keep fighting for a place in the Spanish squad. It must hurt him that the squad is winning things and he isn't part of it, and one of the reasons could be because he plays for lowly Everton unfortunately.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 15 Sep 2010, 10:38 am

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1122/9/arsenal-move-arteta-should-fabregas-leave
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38097
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 15 Sep 2010, 11:06 am

Super wrote:http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1122/9/arsenal-move-arteta-should-fabregas-leave

Super this is an old story... and one we would do well to ignore in the future.... IMHO cheers

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9784

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 15 Sep 2010, 1:24 pm

UWIST61 wrote:
Super wrote:http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1122/9/arsenal-move-arteta-should-fabregas-leave

Super this is an old story... and one we would do well to ignore in the future.... IMHO cheers

Yeah i know, jsut love how it gets used time and time again.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38097
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 15 Sep 2010, 2:07 pm

Super wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

Yeah i know, jsut love how it gets used time and time again.
Is this a case of a Super...? Wink That's twice today (not by Super both times though). Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 03 Jan 2011, 3:00 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0%2C%2C11671_6619077%2C00%2Ben-USS_01DBC.html

Moyes anxious over Arteta

Everton manager David Moyes is hoping that Mikel Arteta can soon recapture his form.

The Spaniard has been Everton's10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Spacer leading light in recent years, but he has failed to live up to his own high expectations this season.

And with Australian ace Tim Cahill10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Spacer ready to take part in the Asia Cup,10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Spacer which means around six weeks out, Moyes10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Spacer is desperate for Arteta10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 14 Spacer to take up some of the slack.
"We really need him to come back to form," said Moyes.
"Mikel would be the first to admit he's not had the best start. I'm trying to find reasons because he's a big part of how we go forward.
"We were determined to keep him in the face of a lot of interest in the summer, and maybe because of that, Mikel is carrying a lot of expectation on his shoulders.
"But he can step up in Tim's absence. The players look up to Mikel for his play and I hope the second half of the season will see him come back the way he did last year.
"Quality is permanent and it will come back. He's regarded as one of the best midfielders in the league for a reason."
Moyes admits the absence of Cahill will be a huge blow to Everton and he insists he has never signed a better player.
"Tim's probably the best bit of business I've ever done and I don't think I will ever do one as good as that again," he said.
"You might pick someone up from abroad but lower league players are all identified quickly now. It may be five or six million, which would be difficult for us.
"We know we need an addition but where do you find a striker in January for no real cash?
"We have lacked the type of player who can take the fight to the opposition. Tim has done that very well and we'll certainly miss him for that."

Number of posts : 40996
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next