10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 13 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  Dixie Land on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 6:00 pm

My other LB is a Ferrari wrote:
Great news !!

.... Any coincidence that this happened the day after Fabregas committed himself to Arse ??

My brother said exactly the same when he heard the news. Cynical bastard. Very Happy
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 13 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 6:08 pm

I shall celebrate with a bowl of soup. (Not well today) cheers cheers

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 6:35 pm

I wonder if that will spurn Peanuts into signing his contract now?
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3936
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 8:23 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:I wonder if that will spurn Peanuts into signing his contract now?

You get the sense the squad know they are on the verge of something special and whether Peanuts wants to be part of that or purely financial.He maybe waiting to see if Spurs make the group stages of the CL before quitting but everyone else had made their position clear. Arteta is irreplaceable, Peinaar isnt.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diamond on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 8:26 pm

Bluejags wrote:
SouthernSmugToffee wrote:I wonder if that will spurn Peanuts into signing his contract now?

You get the sense the squad know they are on the verge of something special and whether Peanuts wants to be part of that or purely financial.He maybe waiting to see if Spurs make the group stages of the CL before quitting but everyone else had made their position clear. Arteta is irreplaceable, Peinaar isnt.

I actually think Pienaar is just as if not more important then Arteta.
Diamond
Diamond

Number of posts : 1941
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Sat 07 Aug 2010, 8:52 pm

Arteta is the stylish icing on a cake of steel, marinated in team spirit....

http://www.footballtransfertavern.co...rsenal/arteta?

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20095
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 13 Empty Mikel Arteta: Statement on Official Site

Post  ToffeeDan on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 2:41 am

Separate article: Worthy of comment in it's own right:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2010/08/07/exclusive-mikel-interview?comment_success=1

Mikel Arteta has spoken exclusively to evertonfc.com of his delight at agreeing a new five year contract that will keep him at Goodison until 2015.

The 28-year-old has brought an end to speculation over his future by agreeing the deal.

It was his faith in David Moyes and his Goodison teammates that convinced the Spanish playmaker to turn his back on a possible transfer away from Goodison.

Mikel exclusively told evertonfc.com: "I'm so pleased. There has been a lot of speculation through the media all summer but I have not been in the press saying anything either way. I have just been speaking to the manager, the Chairman and my agent.

"I know there were two clubs interested in me and we needed to make a decision. I got together with the manager and the Chairman and we talked things through and I had a decision to make over whether I wanted to move away or stay and build on what we have here. I know some fans have been asking 'will he be loyal?' Well, I am loyal and I believe in what is happening here.

"It was a decision that needed to be made and in some ways it was hard for everyone because it would have been big money for the Club. But from the very first moment the Chairman and the manager made it clear there was no doubt that they wanted me to stay and be a part of this team.

"I felt very honoured and privileged because the Club could have looked at the money and been tempted. But that was never a consideration and that said a lot to me.

"I'm pleased with the way it has all been conducted. Myself, my agent, the Chairman and the manager have talked but nobody has put pressure on by saying things in the media and that has been important. It has all been done in the right way.

"There has been a chance to go elsewhere but I think I have done something very important by staying here and committing my future to this Club. I'm a very happy man because I believe in this Club in every sense and I am really looking forward to the next five years."

Indeed, Arteta believes the events of recent months - and media speculation - has helped to further strengthen his ongoing love affair with the Blues.

He added: "What this summer has made me realise is how important I am to the Club and how important the Club is to me. The manager wanted me to stay 120 per cent and that makes me feel proud. We are all seeing the Club and the future in the same way and that is special - something that you don't always find. I have not felt under any pressure because of the way the Chairman and the manager conducted themselves."

And having now agreed to a new contract, the player is looking forward to the new season with a growing sense of optimism because of the quality of players in Moyes' squad.

"I believe in this squad," he continued. "We have got a very strong squad now and it is getting difficult to pick an 11 because of the players we have. Something is happening here and I want to be a part of it.

"We have got some really good young players coming through and we have experience as well. We know if we perform to the level we know we can we have a really good chance of doing something special.

"First of all, though, we have to do something we haven't done for a few years and that is start the season well. We need to start strongly, taking points and gathering confidence. If we can do that and if we don't have injury problems like we have had in the past then we have a good chance. They are the two big things for me - but if we can do that this could be a special year."

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  yankthetoffee on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 12:58 pm

This would appear to be our do or die year.
yankthetoffee
yankthetoffee

Number of posts : 5006
Registration date : 2005-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 1:47 pm

yankthetoffee wrote:This would appear to be our do or die year.

We say that every year.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19740
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 2:09 pm

I agree, if we don't achieve something tangible this year we could slide a little and lose some of our better players next season. Moyes might start to look at his options as well.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 2:10 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:

We say that every year.

But this time it really is! You get the feeling clubs will be circling around Heitinga, Jags, Fellaini, Arteta, Pienaar and Rodwell if we end up empty handed next season.

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 4:21 pm

Bluejags wrote:

We say that every year.

But this time it really is! You get the feeling clubs will be circling around Heitinga, Jags, Fellaini, Arteta, Pienaar and Rodwell if we end up empty handed next season.
I'm not so worried about being empty handed to be honest, I'd be more worried about not making progress. We need to have a good start to the season and make the players believe that we can achieve something, and push for the top 4 spots.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 68516

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The President on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 5:30 pm

"First of all, though, we have to do something we haven't done for a few years and that is start the season well. We need to start strongly, taking points and gathering confidence. If we can do that and if we don't have injury problems like we have had in the past then we have a good chance. They are the two big things for me - but if we can do that this could be a special year."

cheers COME ON YOU BLUES cheers
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 5:44 pm

The President wrote:

cheers COME ON YOU BLUES cheers
I think we all feel this way. If we can start the season well and stay injury free, this could indeed be a special year.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 6:19 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Bluejags wrote:

We say that every year.

I'm not so worried about being empty handed to be honest, I'd be more worried about not making progress. We need to have a good start to the season and make the players believe that we can achieve something, and push for the top 4 spots.

I include top 4 as a 'trophy' of sorts as finishing up there would be seen as a success. You've got a top 8 in the PL now consisting of Man U,Chelsea,Man C, Arse, Shite, Villa, Spurs and us. Getting a top 4 spot will be tougher then ever but we have the squad now to really compete.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 6:39 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Bluejags wrote:

We say that every year.

I include top 4 as a 'trophy' of sorts as finishing up there would be seen as a success. You've got a top 8 in the PL now consisting of Man U,Chelsea,Man C, Arse, Shite, Villa, Spurs and us. Getting a top 4 spot will be tougher then ever but we have the squad now to really compete.

Agreed.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 08 Aug 2010, 7:19 pm

Sheep Flavour wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Bluejags wrote:

We say that every year.

Agreed.
Yes we do, especially if we stay injury free and start the season well.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:33 am

more of the same:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/08/09/2062246/i-am-privileged-to-play-for-everton-mikel-arteta

Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta: I am 'privileged' to play for Toffees
Spaniard had been prepared to leave if Merseyside club decided to cash in...

Mikel Arteta has declared that he feels "privileged" to play for Everton.

The Spaniard recently agreed to new a five-year deal to commit his future to the Merseyside club, ending months of speculation concerning his future.

Arsenal, Barcelona, Manchester City and Sevilla were thought to have been interested in procuring the 28-year-old's services prior to his signing a fresh contract with the Toffees.

Now the midfielder believes that he made the right decision in having his long term future settled at Goodison Park.

"I think some day you need to realise what you’ve got," Arteta said, according to the Liverpool Daily Post.

"I realise what I’ve got and how privileged I am to be here.

"We haven’t got everything at Everton because we haven’t been able to win things or play in the Champions League.

"You can go to another club for more money or to play in the Champions League but if you move on from here you know you are going to miss many things.

"Those things are really important as well."

He also revealed that he had indicated to the club's top bosses that he would have been willing to accept being sold to another club, if the Toffees had decided to cash in on the player.

However, their staunch refusal to let him go convinced him to agree to a new contract.

"I knew everything from the end of last season about the other clubs," he said. "The club knew about it and we just had to deal with it.

"I said to the club 'maybe this is a good chance for you. I’m 28 years old, maybe you want to move me on and get a lot of money'.

"But they said 'no, we don’t want that and we want you to stay here for as long as possible' so we agreed the contract.

"There was never a chance I was going back to Spain. People said things about how I wanted to go back because of personal things but that wasn’t true. I always wanted to stay in England."

ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 11:59 am

He says all the right things doesn't he? I reckon he is after the captain's armband Laughing
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 19740
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner on Wed 11 Aug 2010, 3:48 pm

I know some fans have been asking 'will he be loyal?' Well, I am loyal and I believe in what is happening here.

The guy is a legend! 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 13 Action-s
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2395
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau on Wed 11 Aug 2010, 4:47 pm

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
I know some fans have been asking 'will he be loyal?' Well, I am loyal and I believe in what is happening here.

The guy is a legend! 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 13 Action-s

I'd be loyal too for £35k a week extra. cyclops
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15249
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Wed 11 Aug 2010, 7:19 pm

Tonteau wrote:

Is he getting £75k/wk? That's what I read somewhere. Maybe it was on here.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Wed 11 Aug 2010, 8:49 pm

Tonteau wrote:

Is he getting £75k/wk? That's what I read somewhere. Maybe it was on here.

He could have got a lot more at Man City, Arsenal or Barca to be fair to him. He deserves a big pay packet as he does compare to some of the best in the league.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  MyBlueToothBrush on Wed 11 Aug 2010, 9:17 pm

I love you
MyBlueToothBrush
MyBlueToothBrush

Number of posts : 8297
Registration date : 2006-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land on Wed 11 Aug 2010, 10:08 pm

MyBlueToothBrush wrote: I love you

Cheers Brushie. That means a lot. I love you to you as well.

Oh, it was for Arteta??? Crying or Very sad
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum