606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

+48
Sack the Juggler
Made 4 Gwladys
Goodison_Gringo
Knight of Thorgothshire
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
El Pablo
BB
The President
Dixie Land
Michael Crosby S74
Sheep Flavour
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Top Balcony Blue
Mr_Ben
Hinchcliffe Corner
MyBlueToothBrush
Armchair
RhinoJagz
yankthetoffee
Diamond
SouthernSmugToffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Gazbow
Da Judge
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Luka Perfect
Albert
The Griffin
Super
MagicMike
Bluey
Valentino Blue
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
toffee_pies
Blue gazza
Royal Blue Mersey
Cahill the Great
fatboblatch
Bryan
notepad
paul
Synth_fg®
anticipate_the_pass
SEFTON
detroitblue
52 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 8 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 26 May 2010, 4:41 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
treblA wrote:players come and go. we've got to be realistic (and i thik on this message board we are). if the price is right then thanks mikel and goodbye. Sad

agreed
Considering his age, he still has 3-5 good years left in him, but if we have a young great player lined up, it'll be tempting to accept.

True, but if he got us into the CL next season and we got 3-5 years in there, then maybe it'd be best to keep him

The reason i say let him go is his age. I do think he has 3-5 years left in him but in 2 years we'd do well to get over £7m for him, consensus in idem

True mate, but a loss of £14m on a transfer fee now might equate to a couple of years in the CL earning an extra £10m per annum Very Happy

for which we'd pay him about 4m?

which we'd only spend on his replacement

So sell him and get a replacement? We'd presumably get someone on a 5 year contract. If we are assuming that by the age of 30 we need to move players on or risk getting nothing then we shouldn't be in the market for anyone of more than 25 years. If we allow him, say, two seasons to really gel in the squad before he becomes irreplaceable that means he'll be 27. That in turn would give any replacement 1 great season with us before he's 28 and we need to sell him before his value drops.

I'm not sure I follow what I've just said but I think I'm trying to say that sometimes we should just fuck the monetary value and consider how valuable a player is to the team. For me, in the type of market we operate in, Arteta is irreplaceable. Any replacement we bring in is going to need time which means we are just going to keep going round in circles, never progressing.

Conclusion - tell Man City to fuck right off, unless they come with a £40m cheque.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 8 Empty Re: 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed!

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 26 May 2010, 4:53 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
treblA wrote:players come and go. we've got to be realistic (and i thik on this message board we are). if the price is right then thanks mikel and goodbye. Sad

agreed
Considering his age, he still has 3-5 good years left in him, but if we have a young great player lined up, it'll be tempting to accept.

True, but if he got us into the CL next season and we got 3-5 years in there, then maybe it'd be best to keep him

The reason i say let him go is his age. I do think he has 3-5 years left in him but in 2 years we'd do well to get over £7m for him, consensus in idem

True mate, but a loss of £14m on a transfer fee now might equate to a couple of years in the CL earning an extra £10m per annum Very Happy

So sell him and get a replacement? We'd presumably get someone on a 5 year contract. If we are assuming that by the age of 30 we need to move players on or risk getting nothing then we shouldn't be in the market for anyone of more than 25 years. If we allow him, say, two seasons to really gel in the squad before he becomes irreplaceable that means he'll be 27. That in turn would give any replacement 1 great season with us before he's 28 and we need to sell him before his value drops.

I'm not sure I follow what I've just said but I think I'm trying to say that sometimes we should just fuck the monetary value and consider how valuable a player is to the team. For me, in the type of market we operate in, Arteta is irreplaceable. Any replacement we bring in is going to need time which means we are just going to keep going round in circles, never progressing.

Conclusion - tell Man City to fuck right off, unless they come with a £40m cheque.

consensus in idem Very Happy
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 26 May 2010, 4:59 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

agreed

Yes, I realise we agree. I replied to the wrong thread 10: Mikel Arteta - Best Little Spaniard - Arsed! - Page 8 F_doh
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4509
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 26 May 2010, 5:24 pm

The thought of Mikel in another Premier League team shirt sickens me. Its like been dumped and then seeing your ex in your local with a new man. Rather he would go back to Spain. Out of sight out of mind.

Frankly I dont believe Mikel wants to leave for another PL team but perhaps back home but I dont see that for maybe another 2-3 years.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 26 May 2010, 6:13 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
mindyerho? wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:

agreed

far too much bad language on this site
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazbow Wed 26 May 2010, 6:45 pm

Areta for me is our talisman, when he plays he raises the players and the crowd.

Much much more valuable than Lescott. It would have to be a huge Cheque and i'd still cry.
Gazbow
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18433
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 26 May 2010, 7:21 pm

Gazbow wrote:Areta for me is our talisman, when he plays he raises the players and the crowd.

Much much more valuable than Lescott. It would have to be a huge Cheque and i'd still cry.

christ you still affected by the last episode of Lost
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Gazbow Wed 26 May 2010, 9:33 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Gazbow wrote:Areta for me is our talisman, when he plays he raises the players and the crowd.

christ you still affected by the last episode of Lost

cheers
Gazbow
Gazbow

Number of posts : 18433

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Tue 01 Jun 2010, 7:27 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-planning-summer-move-for-Everton-star-Mikel-Arteta-article443891.html
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Tue 01 Jun 2010, 7:42 am

Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-planning-summer-move-for-Everton-star-Mikel-Arteta-article443891.html

Manchester United are ready to make an audacious swoop to sign Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta, who is struggling to make progress with the Merseyside club over an extension to his contract, which has two years still to run.
Full story: The Daily Mirror

affraid
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheep Flavour Tue 01 Jun 2010, 8:58 am

The President wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-planning-summer-move-for-Everton-star-Mikel-Arteta-article443891.html

Manchester United are ready to make an audacious swoop to sign Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta, who is struggling to make progress with the Merseyside club over an extension to his contract, which has two years still to run.
Full story: The Daily Mirror

affraid

I cant remember the last time the Mirror got somthing right bar Beckford which every paper or at least a lot already had.
Sheep Flavour
Sheep Flavour

Number of posts : 4020
Registration date : 2005-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 01 Jun 2010, 10:06 am

So by the start of the season

Arteta will be at City/Utd

Jagielka will be at City

Hietinga will be at City

Peinaar will be at Tottenham

Fellaini will be at Real Madrid

Yakubu will be at West Ham

We will have a huge transfer kitty for deadline day! cheers

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 01 Jun 2010, 10:17 am

Bluejags wrote:So by the start of the season

Arteta will be at City/Utd

Jagielka will be at City

Hietinga will be at City

Peinaar will be at Tottenham

Fellaini will be at Real Madrid

Yakubu will be at West Ham

And end up with Dickov, Savage, Earnshaw, Trundle
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38093
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Tue 01 Jun 2010, 12:04 pm

Bluejags wrote:So by the start of the season

Arteta will be at City/Utd £30m

Jagielka will be at City £15m

Hietinga will be at City £15m

Peinaar will be at Tottenham £15m

Fellaini will be at Real Madrid £30m

Yakubu will be at West Ham £10m

£115million would pay for a new stadium Very Happy
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue 01 Jun 2010, 1:22 pm

That reporter has a bit of a reputation as being a troll.
I don't think Arteta would be sold for £10 mill to any club any time soon. He's not the best, but he's much better than that figure suggests. Any team would need to double it, and think of a number etc.

Even the Mancs have put him on their own pages for some reason:

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BB4CEE8FA%2D9A47%2D47BC%2DB069%2D3F7A2F35DB70%7D&newsid=6649535
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:29 pm

BB wrote:

I don't think Arteta would be sold for £10 mill to any club any time soon. He's not the best, but he's much better than that figure suggests. Any team would need to double it, and think of a number etc.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BB4CEE8FA%2D9A47%2D47BC%2DB069%2D3F7A2F35DB70%7D&newsid=6649535

I shouldn't read too much into that. The EFC website does a round up of newspaper speculation as well. I think it's fairly standard.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 01 Jun 2010, 3:36 pm

BAAAXXXTTTERRRRRRR!!!!!!! wrote:
BB wrote:

I shouldn't read too much into that. The EFC website does a round up of newspaper speculation as well. I think it's fairly standard.

Ours is two weeks behind everyone elses though Laughing
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22536
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Tue 01 Jun 2010, 6:25 pm

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
BAAAXXXTTTERRRRRRR!!!!!!! wrote:
BB wrote:

Ours is two weeks behind everyone elses though Laughing

They probably steal their links from Everton forums weeks after we have read and discussed them. drunken
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sun 06 Jun 2010, 7:22 am

Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta is set to reject offers from Manchester United and Arsenal to sign a new deal to stay at Goodison Park.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

Lets hope this one is TRUE
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 06 Jun 2010, 1:08 pm

The President wrote:Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta is set to reject offers from Manchester United and Arsenal to sign a new deal to stay at Goodison Park.

Lets hope so mate. Arteta has always spoken of his love for the club so it could be true. I agree with some on here by saying that if he does go then I hope it is abroad.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 06 Jun 2010, 1:24 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
The President wrote:Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta is set to reject offers from Manchester United and Arsenal to sign a new deal to stay at Goodison Park.

Lets hope so mate. Arteta has always spoken of his love for the club so it could be true. I agree with some on here by saying that if he does go then I hope it is abroad.

I would be suprised if Arteta goes. Players are going to shine in the world cup and clubs will go after them, forgeting about Arteta untill he scores in the opening game of the season!
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 06 Jun 2010, 1:25 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

I would be suprised if Arteta goes. Players are going to shine in the world cup and clubs will go after them, forgeting about Arteta untill he scores in the opening game of the season!

Good point mate. I have always wanted to see Arteta get in the Spain squad while playing for us but thinking about it maybe it is a good thing that he isnt in the World Cup squad.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 06 Jun 2010, 5:19 pm

Dixie Land wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:

Good point mate. I have always wanted to see Arteta get in the Spain squad while playing for us but thinking about it maybe it is a good thing that he isnt in the World Cup squad.
True. He needs to get 100% fit for next season. I hope he signs soon since that might make Pienaar want to sign as well.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Sun 06 Jun 2010, 8:47 pm

There will be an injury and he will be called up and win the golden boot. It is written.
BB
BB

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 07 Jun 2010, 2:21 am

BB wrote:There will be an injury and he will be called up and win the golden boot. It is written.
He better sign a new contract first then!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74366

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next