606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

+42
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
WellOilBeefHooked
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
The President
Mr_Ben
hairy cataract
SEFTON
El Pablo
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
ToffeeDan
Lumper
Sheep Flavour
Da Judge
BB
The Griffin
Blue gazza
SouthernSmugToffee
yankthetoffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Albert
Bryan
Valentino Blue
notepad
tadpole
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
paul
Bluey
Top Balcony Blue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
MyBlueToothBrush
Landon_toffee
46 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 15 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Tonteau Mon 26 Oct - 13:06

Fucking hell. Suddenly our stretch of 'easier' games looks a whole lot harder.

Time to man up Mori and Stones.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 15 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Armchair Mon 26 Oct - 13:11

No
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 26 Oct - 13:19

I honestly think Mori has proven himself to step into jags position, Only concern is if Stones or Mori get injured? No cover.

Small squad, sort it out Martinez.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Mon 26 Oct - 13:39

Galloway and Browning with be cover for centre halves.

Coleman back and hopefully Oviedo soon too.
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 26 Oct - 14:04

Gravy & Chips wrote:Galloway and Browning with be cover for centre halves.

Yes, I think we'll miss Jags, but we've actually got adequate cover for a change.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 26 Oct - 14:07

hairberto cataract wrote:

Yes, I think we'll miss Jags, but we've actually got adequate cover for a change.

When is Leighton Baines due back? Galloway is a naturally central player anyway isn't he, or have I just made that up? Agreed, it seems as though we've got sufficient defenders to see us through until January when we sell Stones anyway, albeit a very young back line.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 26 Oct - 16:21

I thought both goals on Saturday made Jags look poor. He's diabolical in the air, and Tim just adds to the scariness.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 26 Oct - 19:37

hairberto cataract wrote:

Browning is the better Centre Half.... over Galloway. Galloway is better on LB. Unsworth thinks Browning is already the best 1:1 defender in the Club. I thought Mori was excellent on Saturday. Galloway has had a tough couple of weeks vs Man U and Arse... he looked comfortable against Shoite and Chelski

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Mon 26 Oct - 19:38

Yankthattoffee wrote:I thought both goals on Saturday made Jags look poor. He's diabolical in the air, and Tim just adds to the scariness.

I'd put some of the blame for the first on Stones and Coleman. Neither tracked Giroud.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6845
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  WellOilBeefHooked Mon 26 Oct - 22:25

Out for 6 to 8 weeks but confident Mori can step up but hope both he and Stones don't get injured before Jags is back
WellOilBeefHooked
WellOilBeefHooked

Number of posts : 1197
Location : Nantwich, Cheshire via Lydiate, Middlesbrough, Darlington, Didsbury and Stockport

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 31 Dec - 13:35

Everton's England international defender Phil Jagielka will return from injury within the next three matches, manager Roberto Martinez has revealed.

The 33-year-old Toffees skipper has not played since suffering knee ligament damage against Arsenal on 24 October.

Everton host Tottenham on Sunday, Manchester City in midweek and Dagenham & Redbridge in the FA Cup on 9 January.

"The weekend could be too early but he will be involved I would say in the next seven to 10 days," Martinez said.

Everton have only lost twice without Jagielka, who signed from Sheffield United in 2007, but they have only kept three clean sheets in those 11 games.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 11 Feb - 14:10

http://talksport.com/football/roberto-martinez-rubbishes-rumours-everton-defender-phil-jagielka-china-bound-160211184644
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 10 Aug - 7:52

A lot of rumours today that Jags is going to Sunderland to join Moyesie ... maybe in a swap deal Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 15 Confused

Number of posts : 41029

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 10 Aug - 8:53

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:A lot of rumours today that Jags is going to Sunderland to join Moyesie ... maybe in a swap deal Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 15 Confused

Yeah, there was talk about this on twitter yesterday. How old is Jags now?
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Wed 10 Aug - 10:40

Not good reading that, he's our best defender by miles
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 10 Aug - 12:32

Gravy & Chips wrote:Not good reading that, he's our best defender by miles
Agreed. Him and Williams at the back will be very solid.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 7 Oct - 14:21

Everton centre-half Phil Jagielka is out of the England squad that will playing Malta in the World Cup qualifier at Wembley on Saturday.
The 34-year-old has suffered a thigh injury and his club side Everton, who are fifth in the table will be hoping it is nothing serious, especially as they play away at league leaders Manchester City on Saturday, 15 October.

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 7 Oct - 20:47

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Everton centre-half Phil Jagielka is out of the England squad that will playing Malta in the World Cup qualifier at Wembley on Saturday.
The 34-year-old has suffered a thigh injury and his club side Everton, who are fifth in the table will be hoping it is nothing serious, especially as they play away at league leaders Manchester City on Saturday, 15 October.
I hope this report is accurate
The injury to Jagielka is not thought to be serious with Everton's captain expected to be fit for the his side's trip to Premier League leaders Manchester City next Saturday.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 16 Jan - 11:48

Everton defender Phil Jagielka is set for discussions about his future amid interest from Sunderland and West Ham, according to the Daily Mail.

Jagielka, 34, is club captain, but manager Ronald Koeman is reportedly seeking a younger centre-back either in January or the summer.

Jagielka joined Everton from Sheffield United in 2007.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Mon 16 Jan - 12:23

Going back to Moyes?
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 16 Jan - 12:44

Gravy & Chips wrote:Going back to Moyes?
..would be good for them... I wonder if Ossie should come out of retirement too & help out Davie... heaven knows Sunderland need some help

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Mon 16 Jan - 18:04

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
..would be good for them... I wonder if Ossie should come out of retirement too & help out Davie... heaven knows Sunderland need some help

Jags has been great for the club, but he seems to have run out of steam this season? I've always thought of him as a last ditch defender rather than a brilliant defender, but I don't know if he's that because the rest of our defence is shit.

Still think he could do a job at our club, as I'm not convinced our current defence is the finished article.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 16 Jan - 21:47

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Jags has been great for the club, but he seems to have run out of steam this season?  I've always thought of him as a last ditch defender rather than a brilliant defender, but I don't know if he's that because the rest of our defence is shit.

Still think he could do a job at our club, as I'm not convinced our current defence is the finished article.

We need a proper replacement before we let him go.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4516
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 20 Jan - 17:17

Everton manager Ronald Koeman is unsure if 34-year-old defender Phil Jagielka, who has been linked with Sunderland, will be at the club beyond this month.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/756480/Everton-boss-Ronald-Koeman-Phil-Jagielka-exit-Sunderland-interested-News-Gossip
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74425

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Fri 20 Jan - 17:24

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Everton manager Ronald Koeman is unsure if 34-year-old defender Phil Jagielka, who has been linked with Sunderland, will be at the club beyond this month.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/756480/Everton-boss-Ronald-Koeman-Phil-Jagielka-exit-Sunderland-interested-News-Gossip

Did wonder earlier this week whether or not Sunderland would end up being linked as Moyes builds an even older Everton mk II.

Number of posts : 13161

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next