606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

+42
Sack the Juggler
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Goodison_Gringo
Super
WellOilBeefHooked
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Armchair
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
RhinoJagz
The President
Mr_Ben
hairy cataract
SEFTON
El Pablo
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
ToffeeDan
Lumper
Sheep Flavour
Da Judge
BB
The Griffin
Blue gazza
SouthernSmugToffee
yankthetoffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
Albert
Bryan
Valentino Blue
notepad
tadpole
toffee_pies
Michael Crosby S74
paul
Bluey
Top Balcony Blue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
MyBlueToothBrush
Landon_toffee
46 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 8 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 21 Jan - 18:00

BB wrote:Should be back to face West Ham.
But the question will be if he should walk straight back into the team. I think Heitinga has done enough, not that he's been spectacular per se, to warrant a starting spot. Jags has been a bit so-so this season.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74423
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket" - Page 8 Empty Re: Phil Jagielka - "Torres in my Pocket"

Post  BB Fri 21 Jan - 18:05

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
But the question will be if he should walk straight back into the team. I think Heitinga has done enough, not that he's been spectacular per se, to warrant a starting spot. Jags has been a bit so-so this season.

I think you're right KOT. Jags has been a bit hit or miss. Heitinga has had to wait, and done ok so far. It would be poor form to give the job straight back to Jags, especially as Heitinga is a recognised International, and not just a muppet. The only way to play both for me is to play Baines on the wing.
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Sat 22 Jan - 11:57

BB wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

I think you're right KOT. Jags has been a bit hit or miss. Heitinga has had to wait, and done ok so far. It would be poor form to give the job straight back to Jags, especially as Heitinga is a recognised International, and not just a muppet. The only way to play both for me is to play Baines on the wing.

Johnny 5 needs to keep his place been pretty solid the last 2 games. People were having a go at Distin at the start of the season, but I think it's clear now that he was mopping up Jags' mess!
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  toffee_pies Fri 18 Mar - 17:06

Just signed new 4 year contract:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/03/18/new-deal-for-jags
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 19 Mar - 3:29

Great to see. He's been much better lately.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 7 May - 9:01

Arsenal have rekindled their interest in signing Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka after failing to capture the England defender last summer.
Full story: Daily Mail

We should get a hefty fee now the new contract is in place.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Mon 18 Jul - 21:41

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
Arsenal have rekindled their interest in signing Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka after failing to capture the England defender last summer.
Full story: Daily Mail

We should get a hefty fee now the new contract is in place.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/phil-jagielka-snub-shows-arsenals-fading-appeal-2315469.html

Bit of flimsy hearsay

The Everton defender Phil Jagielka remains Arsène Wenger's first choice when it comes to solving the troublesome absence of a commanding, injury-free centre-back but there are concerns that he will again reject the chance of a move to Arsenal.

Jagielka, 28, and an England international, signed a new four-year contract in March, having been sounded out about a move to Arsenal last summer. On that occasion he was not prepared to push for it. With the club again losing some of their leading lights this summer, the early soundings that Arsenal have had is that Jagielka does not regard a move to Arsenal as a more attractive option than staying at Everton.

Everton value the player at around £15m–£20m – about the same as Bolton's price tag for Gary Cahill, another potential option for Wenger as he looks at possible partners for the newly fit Thomas Vermaelen.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 18 Jul - 21:42

Jgs is worth at least as much as Lescott, ought to be more. Hence make it £25M and we'll at least listen to them. Knowing Wenger though, he'll try to weasel his way into a cheap deal.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Tue 19 Jul - 15:50

[quote="Knight of Thorgothshire"]Jgs is worth at least as much as Lescott, ought to be more. Hence make it £25M and we'll at least listen to them. Knowing Wenger though, he'll try to weasel his way into a cheap deal.[/quote]

knowing kenwright , he'll take a cheap deal as well Mad
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 19 Jul - 18:54

I would not have thought Jags would be one to get the push from DM.
Rods, J5, Bily, even Big Fella and Baines, but not Jags.
OK, if J5 or even Rodwell were to fill the void, Dizzy has maybe 1 season left in him, and where will we be then? and where is the cover for the rest of this season?
Can't see it, unless Jags himself wants out?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 21 Jul - 9:57

ARSENE WENGER is under pressure to make a move for a central defender after failing with a £10million bid for Everton’s Phil Jagielka.

Having already made an enquiry about Bolton’s Gary Cahill, Arsene Wenger put in an offer for Phil Jagielka that fell well short of Everton’s £20m-plus valuation.

He is expected to step up his efforts to strengthen his defence in the next 10 days.

Jagielka may now be deemed too expensive, but Wenger retains a strong interest in Cahill and will try to strike a deal for the £17m-rated 25-year-old.

The Daily Express understands, however, there is frustration within the club that Wenger has not moved faster and more decisively to boost his squad.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 21 Jul - 11:14

Super wrote:
ARSENE WENGER is under pressure to make a move for a central defender after failing with a £10million bid for Everton’s Phil Jagielka.

Having already made an enquiry about Bolton’s Gary Cahill, Arsene Wenger put in an offer for Phil Jagielka that fell well short of Everton’s £20m-plus valuation.

He is expected to step up his efforts to strengthen his defence in the next 10 days.

Jagielka may now be deemed too expensive, but Wenger retains a strong interest in Cahill and will try to strike a deal for the £17m-rated 25-year-old.

The Daily Express understands, however, there is frustration within the club that Wenger has not moved faster and more decisively to boost his squad.

yeah, bbc reckon Wenger offered £10m today, £2m less than he offered last time! £10m? In today's market, Wenger needs his bumps feeling. I mean, in the real world, Jags is probably a £10-£12m defender, but in 2011 RS/Citteh world, he's worth £20m. In fact, the way Dalglish is over-paying for English players, you'd have to say north of £20m.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Thu 21 Jul - 12:02

Since Aug 2007, Everton have kept a clean sheet in 37% of PL games when Jags has started compared to 26% when he hasn’t!
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 21 Jul - 13:11

hairy cataract wrote:
Super wrote:

yeah, bbc reckon Wenger offered £10m today, £2m less than he offered last time! £10m? In today's market, Wenger needs his bumps feeling. I mean, in the real world, Jags is probably a £10-£12m defender, but in 2011 RS/Citteh world, he's worth £20m. In fact, the way Dalglish is over-paying for English players, you'd have to say north of £20m.

Agree £10m is not worth even discussing. What will prevent a bid of £20m comin though is the fact that he turns 29 next month. I think a bid of around £15m would see him go though.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 21 Jul - 13:46

Cahill the Great wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Super wrote:

Agree £10m is not worth even discussing. What will prevent a bid of £20m comin though is the fact that he turns 29 next month. I think a bid of around £15m would see him go though.

hmmm, actually thought he was about a year younger than that. Even so, he's in his prime and has a good four years left in him at the top. He's the same age as Vidic and how much would he go for? Okay, I'll take £17m then. Deal?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Thu 21 Jul - 14:39

hairy cataract wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Super wrote:

hmmm, actually thought he was about a year younger than that. Even so, he's in his prime and has a good four years left in him at the top. He's the same age as Vidic and how much would he go for? Okay, I'll take £17m then. Deal?

£17m would be hard to turn down wouldnt it. Maybe just enough to sign 2/3 decent players.
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 21 Jul - 16:37

If we sell him, i can only hope we can buy a replacement and a decent CF
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 21 Jul - 17:10

Mr_Ben wrote:If we sell him, i can only hope we can buy a replacement and a decent CF

If DM needs £15-20M to buy a striker etc, I would have thought there were 3-4 players ahead of Jags in the we-can-do-without-him catagory?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Thu 21 Jul - 19:12

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Mr_Ben wrote:If we sell him, i can only hope we can buy a replacement and a decent CF

If DM needs £15-20M to buy a striker etc, I would have thought there were 3-4 players ahead of Jags in the we-can-do-without-him catagory?

I think that just comes down to quantum. If we sell 4 to buy 1 striker we are then still 3 players down, squad wise.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 21 Jul - 19:38

Mr_Ben wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

I think that just comes down to quantum. If we sell 4 to buy 1 striker we are then still 3 players down, squad wise.

It would be difficult to imagine DM selling more than one marque player.
Yobo, Vaughan and Yak are presumably past their prime and DM is looking to get something for them.
So it would seem a straight swap financially, for one of our quality players for one known striker?
scratch
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  toffee_pies Fri 22 Jul - 0:28

If we were to sell then it comes down to if DM thinks the likes of Duffy or Rodwell are ready to move into that position or we keep Yobo for another season until they are.

There is no point selling him if the money we get is wiped out having to buy a decent replacement like Samba or Cahill who would cost about the same.

If DM thinks any of the youngsters are ready then a deal would make sense especially if the money is spent on a CF.
toffee_pies
toffee_pies

Number of posts : 5080
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Fri 22 Jul - 11:21

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/869988-phil-jagielka-worth-more-than-18m-say-everton-as-arsenal-eye-gary-cahill
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 22 Jul - 11:24

toffee_pies wrote:If we were to sell then it comes down to if DM thinks the likes of Duffy or Rodwell are ready to move into that position or we keep Yobo for another season until they are.

There is no point selling him if the money we get is wiped out having to buy a decent replacement like Samba or Cahill who would cost about the same.

If DM thinks any of the youngsters are ready then a deal would make sense especially if the money is spent on a CF.
I don't want to sell Jags.. but if the likes of Duffy are ready for the plunge... maybe it's good business...

If we knew what was going on with Yobo (ie will he kiss & make up), it may also help the decision

Number of posts : 41029

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  tadpole Fri 22 Jul - 15:03

18mil + Eboue, Rosicky and Bendtner?
tadpole
tadpole

Number of posts : 4824
Registration date : 2005-11-02

http://Is, the Daddy.......... :)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 23 Jul - 9:47

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Everton-could-sell-Jack-Rodwell-fund-move-Charles-N-Zogbia-but-clinging-onto-Arsenal-target-Phil-Jagielka-article774445.html
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next