606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

+58
Armchair
Sack the Juggler
SEFTON
Tonteau
Helenqu
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Yankthattoffee
Michael Crosby S74
Super
Blue gazza
RhinoJagz
hairy cataract
Dixie Land
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
My other LB is a Ferrari
Goodison_Gringo
Albert
Lumper
Bryan
The President
Mr_Ben
tadpole
fatboblatch
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
Da Judge
blueFire
Diamond
VenezuelaBlue
Sheep Flavour
toffee_pies
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
notepad
Luka Perfect
MyBlueToothBrush
BB
Top Balcony Blue
The Griffin
ToffeeDan
Valentino Blue
Bluey
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
WellOilBeefHooked
paul
Kilted_Toffee
He's Our Tater Not Yours
Garry Adams
detroitblue
Blue_Monkey
callmebubbles
Ol' Mother Hibbert
Brummie No Mates
Synth_fg®
Royal Blue Mersey
62 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 9 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 12 Jan 2010, 6:48 pm

Mustafi New Name wrote:Off Topic - I've never brought into the whole Ibrahimovic hype. In fact i've never seen anything from him to suggest he is more than a best of the rest Premiership player. You get people raving over him at club level, but whenever i get to watch him (Champions League & Internationals) he's always been disappointing. Until he can perform consistantly at that level, and emphasis on consistantly, cos i'm sure he has had matches of brilliance at that level, i struggle to see how he can go down as one of the best of his generation.

On Topic - Fellaini's dad is just saying how it is. In today's football world, we're not a big club. Even knowledgeable fans will struggle to call us anything more than a 'traditional' big club. Your always going to want your son to be a success, and unfortunately, that tends to involve joining the Sky Four/Five now. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 9 Confused
To be fair, there's no surprise Ibra doesn't perform for Sweden. Let's be frank and acknowledge the fact that the players he has around him when playing for Sweden are not the best. He has now put his international duties on hold to focus on Barc, and I suspect he's doing this because the national team is not very good.

It's defo a "problem" though that he has not done better in the CL. Maybe this year is the year he'll do well there.

Again, I'm not his biggest fan, but you can't doubt his skills, especially for someone who is 195cm.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74444
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 9 Empty Re: 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side

Post  Bluey Tue 12 Jan 2010, 6:48 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Mustafi New Name wrote:Off Topic - I've never brought into the whole Ibrahimovic hype. In fact i've never seen anything from him to suggest he is more than a best of the rest Premiership player. You get people raving over him at club level, but whenever i get to watch him (Champions League & Internationals) he's always been disappointing. Until he can perform consistantly at that level, and emphasis on consistantly, cos i'm sure he has had matches of brilliance at that level, i struggle to see how he can go down as one of the best of his generation.

On Topic - Fellaini's dad is just saying how it is. In today's football world, we're not a big club. Even knowledgeable fans will struggle to call us anything more than a 'traditional' big club. Your always going to want your son to be a success, and unfortunately, that tends to involve joining the Sky Four/Five now. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 9 Confused

I's the transfer window and they only one Chavs can spend in for the next two. If Moyes sells him he'll want £30 million. Anything else does not help him.

Pretty sure Ancelotti has come out and said he's definitely not buying during the transfer window. But hopefully Fellaini can see he's at a good club and has good people around him. He's valued here and is playing regularly. Ideally we could do with not selling any of our best players for the next 2-3 seasons as we're getting close to having a squad capable of winning a cup and challenging for europe (beginning of the season excepted).
He actually said he would go round naked if he did! They're all for sale though Tonts at the right price, but there isn't many at the moment we would want to ship out.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 12 Jan 2010, 6:48 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:

I's the transfer window and they only one Chavs can spend in for the next two. If Moyes sells him he'll want £30 million. Anything else does not help him.

Pretty sure Ancelotti has come out and said he's definitely not buying during the transfer window. But hopefully Fellaini can see he's at a good club and has good people around him. He's valued here and is playing regularly. Ideally we could do with not selling any of our best players for the next 2-3 seasons as we're getting close to having a squad capable of winning a cup and challenging for europe (beginning of the season excepted).
He actually said he would go round naked if he did! They're all for sale though Tonts at the right price, but there isn't many at the moment we would want to ship out.
We have no players left as it is. Laughing
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Wed 13 Jan 2010, 12:22 pm

I thought we weren't allowed to acknowledge Goal.com?? Rolling Eyes
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Wed 13 Jan 2010, 12:30 pm

Mustafi New Name wrote:On Topic - In today's football world, we're not a big club. Even knowledgeable fans will struggle to call us anything more than a 'traditional' big club. Your always going to want your son to be a success, and unfortunately, that tends to involve joining the Sky Four/Five now. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 9 Confused

You've been spending far too much time trying to talk to Boro fans about football.

Boring Belgian Bastard (Fellaini's Dad)
The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  VenezuelaBlue Wed 13 Jan 2010, 1:56 pm

The Griffin wrote:
Mustafi New Name wrote:On Topic - In today's football world, we're not a big club. Even knowledgeable fans will struggle to call us anything more than a 'traditional' big club. Your always going to want your son to be a success, and unfortunately, that tends to involve joining the Sky Four/Five now. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 9 Confused

You've been spending far too much time trying to talk to Boro fans about football.

Boring Belgian Bastard (Fellaini's Dad)

Can´t we stab his dad with a poisoned-tipped umbrella?

Oh no, it´s the Bulgarians who do that. Always mix them up
VenezuelaBlue
VenezuelaBlue

Number of posts : 2082
Registration date : 2006-11-13

Back to top Go down

25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 9 Empty Fellaini.... developing genius or Belgian turnip? Discuss..

Post  Da Judge Sat 16 Jan 2010, 7:31 pm

I said the dau he joined he would eventually be seen to be Everton's Vieira.... today as we have for most of his performances seen a young lad (he's only 22 FFS) begin to boss the park. I believe that we are beginning to see the world tilt and Merseyblue domination becoming a reality.

Forza Azzurri!

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9794
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Sat 16 Jan 2010, 7:31 pm

So long as it isn't Chelsea blue Smile
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  He's Our Tater Not Yours Sat 16 Jan 2010, 7:33 pm

Bossed the game today, won everything. I'd let him shag my missus if i had one.
He's Our Tater Not Yours
He's Our Tater Not Yours

Number of posts : 9158

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 16 Jan 2010, 7:36 pm

He was absolutely massive today - I can't count the number of 50/50's he won. Very impressive. He also appears to have a calming influence on the midfield by not giving away the ball much.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sat 16 Jan 2010, 7:38 pm

Loved him from day one. Great footballing brain and does have that bit of class needed to be a great player. I have never had a doubt in my mind that he would go on to be a top player at Everton and I am made up with that performance today. I think that he will only get better as well. He said that he was a defensive midfielder when he came here and alot slatted him for some poor performances when he was played out of position. Great buy by Moyes in my opinion and £16 million will look like a snip in 12 months time.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 16 Jan 2010, 7:48 pm

Dixie Landon Donovan wrote:Loved him from day one. Great footballing brain and does have that bit of class needed to be a great player. I have never had a doubt in my mind that he would go on to be a top player at Everton and I am made up with that performance today. I think that he will only get better as well. He said that he was a defensive midfielder when he came here and alot slatted him for some poor performances when he was played out of position. Great buy by Moyes in my opinion and £16 million will look like a snip in 12 months time.
He has really improved his attacking part of the game as well. He does make forward passes as well now. Very great to see. He also has a good shot, something that he might use a bit more with the added confidence he now must be experiencing.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 16 Jan 2010, 7:49 pm

More people agree about Fellaini:

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Goodison Park: "Roberto Mancini samples defeat for the first time since he arrived at Eastlands - and it was far more emphatic than the scoreline suggests. Everton were superior in every department to expensively-assembled Manchester City. Everton fans afford their team a standing ovation and it is fully deserved. And literally head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch was Marouane Fellaini. Top-class."
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Kilted_Toffee Sat 16 Jan 2010, 8:21 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:More people agree about Fellaini:

BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Goodison Park: "Roberto Mancini samples defeat for the first time since he arrived at Eastlands - and it was far more emphatic than the scoreline suggests. Everton were superior in every department to expensively-assembled Manchester City. Everton fans afford their team a standing ovation and it is fully deserved. And literally head and shoulders above every other player on the pitch was Marouane Fellaini. Top-class."

He was real class today.....and you can see the signs Moyes is getting some good players through. Building for the future and Fellaini in DCM and Rodwell at CB then we havea solid spine to the team. BTW, Coleman looked good as well, giving fuck all away to Bellend when he came on!!!
Kilted_Toffee
Kilted_Toffee

Number of posts : 6253
Registration date : 2005-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Sat 16 Jan 2010, 8:22 pm

It's fair to say he is winning the doubters over. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 9 Icon_biggrin
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Kilted_Toffee Sat 16 Jan 2010, 8:24 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:It's fair to say he is winning the doubters over. 25: Marouane Fellaini - Short, Back, in Side - Page 9 Icon_biggrin

afro Gotta love the big man!!!!
Kilted_Toffee
Kilted_Toffee

Number of posts : 6253
Registration date : 2005-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Sat 16 Jan 2010, 8:42 pm

Today was the best performance I can remember from one individual Everton player.

It didn't help that City were shite and disinterested, but he didn't let them, he won EVERY header, broke the play up, and the turn on Bellamy at the end just summed the whole performance.

I just hope his and Pienaars recent improvement has not been because of the transfer window.
Michael Crosby S74
Michael Crosby S74

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  ToffeeDan Sat 16 Jan 2010, 9:10 pm

Immense - the best performance in an Everton shirt since.. probably we were a top class side (Reid, Sheedy etc.)

Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20252
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 16 Jan 2010, 9:11 pm

Just maybe.......................TD's sequence will keep going and we will win next year's Premiership.

That will put it up them.
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7093
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  paul Sat 16 Jan 2010, 9:41 pm

felli was absolutely amazing today, a real joy to watch and that turn on bellend was one of the best pieces of skill that i've seen in ages!!!

was happy to cos been raving about him to mates who still think he uses his elbows 24/7 thanks to MOTD2 so for them to see him as he really is is always nice!
paul
paul

Number of posts : 6879
Registration date : 2006-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sat 16 Jan 2010, 9:49 pm

absolutely chuffed the big feller is finally getting the applaudits from the media and fans alike,never doubted his skill or commitment to the course ,most on here complained he doesn't have the pace or quickness of some midfielders we could meantion,but even i have been surprised how agile he looks on his feet,he strtches out a foot and gains two yards on his opponent ,hes finally settled into his position and hes loving every minute ,only concern regards to fellaini and pienaar is they both are being singled out as the reason for are form moyes needs to get pienaars contract sorted soon & fellaini on an even longer contract.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10618
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 16 Jan 2010, 11:21 pm

Shades of 606?
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 16 Jan 2010, 11:38 pm

Statman wrote:Shades of 606?

Wink

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Statman Sat 16 Jan 2010, 11:46 pm

UWIST61 wrote:

Wink

Wink back at you. Do you reckon we could win one of the cups this season (luck permitting)?
Statman
Statman

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 17 Jan 2010, 12:19 am

Statman wrote:
UWIST61 wrote:

Wink

Wink back at you. Do you reckon we could win one of the cups this season (luck permitting)?
Stat....

IF we manage to get past the Turks (means last 8 in Europa) I think we will find it easier to win Europa rather than FA Cup. I hope I am not tempting fate but teams I would not like to face in the FA Cup are Chelsea, Spuds, Arse, Fulham and funnily enough Brum. If we can get past them into 5th round then lets see how the draw pans out.

I actually hate the thought of us being a decent Cup side... but realistically what Shearer said of us tonight was pleasing... the Everton of old... bright, solid at the back and very competetive. Its true we have had our injuries, now it appears to be the Shoites misfortune and others - so perhaps over the season iy might still even up.

I went theough the BBC predictor last night and I was suprised I had Chelsea / Arsenal close , Man U 3-4 lengths behind with a close race between Citteh, Spurs and Us for 4th - 6th. The next 3-4 weeks without Ladyboy will be key for the Shoite. Without him even Europa League looks challenging. I can actually see the Shoite not in Europe at all next year.

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next