606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Arsenal

+5
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
Tonteau
hairy cataract
Rotterdam 1985
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Everton v Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton v Arsenal

Post  hairy cataract Sun 17 Sep 2023, 6:31 pm

Gary Neville is just a massive cunt, but to be fair he got it right when he called us "basic".

Arsenal were streets ahead of us, including in the dark arts, and the reffing was utterly fucking ridiculous - 4 minutes injury time? And then he let Arsenal waste most of it, and blew up when we were on the attack after 4 mins and about 25 seconds.

We did our best, and kept them out mostly, but we never looked like scoring. Sadly, our midfield is awful. I know the pundits keep going on about Onana, and I'm obviously a bit thick, but what the fuck is the point of him?

Danjuma and McNeil were invisible, Beto was strong and will do okay for us - or he would if there was anyone else in the team to help him.

Didn't expect anything from this game, but we nearly fluked a point, so hey ho. Brentford will beat us and then we have two must win games at home.

One other thing, the only thing keeping Dyche in a job is that nobody else would do any better, and we are being sold anyway. I know the players are shite, but we don't actually seem to have a clue what to do going forward. Why is Ashley Young taking set pieces - he's fucking rank? We seem to have absolutely no ideas at all.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Sun 17 Sep 2023, 6:34 pm

Armchair wrote:
Lumper wrote:4 minutes added time is a joke

Could play 40 and we wouldn't score

It not really the point. Arsenal consistently time wasting today, throwing themselves over and taking forever on set pieces and the ref added 4 minutes. He could have added 5 minutes for substitutions and the goal alone. He couldn’t wait to give Arsenal the points.

Anyway, Dyche out!
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6846
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 17 Sep 2023, 6:41 pm

Lumper wrote:
Armchair wrote:
Lumper wrote:4 minutes added time is a joke

Could play 40 and we wouldn't score

It not really the point. Arsenal consistently time wasting today, throwing themselves over and taking forever on set pieces and the ref added 4 minutes. He could have added 5 minutes for substitutions and the goal alone. He couldn’t wait to give Arsenal the points.

Anyway, Dyche out!

I agree, the fact that we couldn't score in a brothel doesn't excuse the weirdness of just 4 minutes injury time, when every other PL game has about 12. Not does it excuse the ref allowing Arsenal to waste 2 of those 4 minutes, yet he still blew up on 4 and a bit. It just annoys me.

Arsenal's goal was good. I think the gap between the top teams and the rest is getting bigger - City, Shite, Arse are miles ahead, while Brighton are a huge breath of fresh air. But we need to beat the likes of Wolves if we are to stay up. Luton and Bournemouth are massive home games for us, but it's very hard to see where our goals come from.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 17 Sep 2023, 11:12 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Gary Neville is just a massive cunt, but to be fair he got it right when he called us "basic".

Arsenal were streets ahead of us, including in the dark arts, and the reffing was utterly fucking ridiculous - 4 minutes injury time?  And then he let Arsenal waste most of it, and blew up when we were on the attack after 4 mins and about 25 seconds.  

We did our best, and kept them out mostly, but we never looked like scoring.  Sadly, our midfield is awful.  I know the pundits keep going on about Onana, and I'm obviously a bit thick, but what the fuck is the point of him?

Danjuma and McNeil were invisible, Beto was strong and will do okay for us - or he would if there was anyone else in the team to help him.

Didn't expect anything from this game, but we nearly fluked a point, so hey ho.  Brentford will beat us and then we have two must win games at home.  

One other thing, the only thing keeping Dyche in a job is that nobody else would do any better, and we are being sold anyway.  I know the players are shite, but we don't actually seem to have a clue what to do going forward.  Why is Ashley Young taking set pieces - he's fucking rank?  We seem to have absolutely no ideas at all.

Yeah so I left it until after 11pm before I logged on to face this thread, to find that you've said pretty much everything I was going to say (and said during the game) anyway.

The ref was terrible. Any Spanish, or Spanish-managed team, does exactly the same thing - on around 40 minutes, if they haven't scored, they start chipping away at the ref, pretending they've been elbowed etc. Working on the notion that they're being cheated or kicked to bits and he's just not controlling it. At around 60-65 minutes this morphs into outright frustration and narkiness. It's a well-rehearsed routine, they must practice it or at least discuss it. It's the job of the ref to not be led by this. The ref today was awful and the amount of injury time played was scandalous...

...not that it made any difference to the result one bit. We're just awful. Nothing we could do about the goal, it was a good 'un. Some individuals performed well. But overall we're fucking rank. I'm not going to call for Dyche's head because there's no point, I don't think it will change anything and I'm tired of us moulding teams in the image of the manager only to bin him off and bring in someone with a completely different philosophy (or none, in the case of Lamps) to pick up the pieces. But Dyche isn't inspiring a shred of confidence in me right now.

For the second time in a couple of weeks, Myko did well against Saka. Tarko was fine, Branthwaite generally excellent, he's a keeper, at least until he refuses to sign a new contract and gets sold at the end of the season. Beto did what he could with the scraps offered to him.

On the debit side, Onana and McNeil were shit, Danjuma pretty anonymous, everyone else was "meh" at best. We nearly got a point by boring Arsenal to sleep. Arsenal were as boring as us. But you're right, we're playing a different game to Arsenal, we're in different galaxies.

I'm so bored with it all.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14843
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 17 Sep 2023, 11:27 pm

Something not shown on motd, was a foul given against us in the econd half, when their GK ran out and tried to grab the ball, but was clobbered by 3 of his own players. No efc players within 5 years.
Anyone catch it and why the ref did what he did, or was he just a wanker?
Was tat a pan on the Duke? Looked like a leg when I saw it live.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 18 Sep 2023, 8:19 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:Something not shown on motd, was a foul given against us in the econd half, when their GK ran out and tried to grab the ball, but was clobbered by 3 of his own players. No efc players within 5 years.

Was that the one where Tarks was pushed into the goalie by Arsenal defenders and the ref gave them a free kick? If so, that's exactly what happened when we had a goal disallowed against Fulham or Wolves or whoever it was. And do you know what really annoyed me - Tarks just smiled. To give him the benefit of the doubt, players are not allowed to show dissent at all these days or they get a yellow. Except that doesn't apply to teams like Arsenal who cheat constantly, grabbing their noses or their heads or their bollocks and rolling around for thirty seconds. Even Arteta must have been astonished at how little injury time as added on. That was just weird. But, again, what annoys me about it is how - as Rotts says - the cheating and gamesmanship is clearly something discussed on the training ground with Arteta, along with their 45 second slow corner routines, one of which led to the goal. Brilliant stuff from them, though they were lucky to have such a compliant ref. But why do we persist with playing the game like it's 1973? Why do we have Ashley Young floating every corner and free kick straight into their goalie's arms? Why don't we have brilliant set ball routines and constant little cheating ideas?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 18 Sep 2023, 9:11 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Something not shown on motd, was a foul given against us in the econd half, when their GK ran out and tried to grab the ball, but was clobbered by 3 of his own players. No efc players within 5 years.

Was that the one where Tarks was pushed into the goalie by Arsenal defenders and the ref gave them a free kick?  If so, that's exactly what happened when we had a goal disallowed against Fulham or Wolves or whoever it was.  And do you know what really annoyed me - Tarks just smiled.  To give him the benefit of the doubt, players are not allowed to show dissent at all these days or they get a yellow.  Except that doesn't apply to teams like Arsenal who cheat constantly, grabbing their noses or their heads or their bollocks and rolling around for thirty seconds.  Even Arteta must have been astonished at how little injury time as added on.  That was just weird. But, again, what annoys me about it is how - as Rotts says - the cheating and gamesmanship is clearly something discussed on the training ground with Arteta, along with their 45 second slow corner routines, one of which led to the goal.  Brilliant stuff from them, though they were lucky to have such a compliant ref.  But why do we persist with playing the game like it's 1973?  Why do we have Ashley Young floating every corner and free kick straight into their goalie's arms?  Why don't we have brilliant set ball routines and constant little cheating ideas?

I loved Arteta when he played for us. I didn't even hate him when he engineered his deadline day move to Arsenal - I understood and I wished him well.

So it took some effort for him to make me dislike him, he had to work really hard at that. Same for Arsenal in general really, they're the Sky Six club that I've always found the least disagreeable, the one that used to at least sometimes try to go about their business with a touch of class. I really do dislike them now, for the way they go about things. That feeling has been building up for a while but crystallised yesterday when, of course, they were doing it to us.

And it pains me that when we see teams fucking around like that, we bemoan the fact that we're not as savvy as them and don't play the ref as effectively as them. I would love for us to be the club that rises above that kind of thing - Moyes to an extent did exactly that, fining Phil Neville for diving etc (although maybe he was fined for diving so obviously and ineffectually!) but it's now 2023 and we're shit and, yeah, we should also be looking for every wrinkle in the rule-book and exploiting every single little advantage we can identify.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14843
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 18 Sep 2023, 11:59 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Was that the one where Tarks was pushed into the goalie by Arsenal defenders and the ref gave them a free kick?  If so, that's exactly what happened when we had a goal disallowed against Fulham or Wolves or whoever it was.  And do you know what really annoyed me - Tarks just smiled.  To give him the benefit of the doubt, players are not allowed to show dissent at all these days or they get a yellow.  Except that doesn't apply to teams like Arsenal who cheat constantly, grabbing their noses or their heads or their bollocks and rolling around for thirty seconds.  Even Arteta must have been astonished at how little injury time as added on.  That was just weird. But, again, what annoys me about it is how - as Rotts says - the cheating and gamesmanship is clearly something discussed on the training ground with Arteta, along with their 45 second slow corner routines, one of which led to the goal.  Brilliant stuff from them, though they were lucky to have such a compliant ref.  But why do we persist with playing the game like it's 1973?  Why do we have Ashley Young floating every corner and free kick straight into their goalie's arms?  Why don't we have brilliant set ball routines and constant little cheating ideas?

I loved Arteta when he played for us. I didn't even hate him when he engineered his deadline day move to Arsenal - I understood and I wished him well.

So it took some effort for him to make me dislike him, he had to work really hard at that. Same for Arsenal in general really, they're the Sky Six club that I've always found the least disagreeable, the one that used to at least sometimes try to go about their business with a touch of class. I really do dislike them now, for the way they go about things. That feeling has been building up for a while but crystallised yesterday when, of course, they were doing it to us.

And it pains me that when we see teams fucking around like that, we bemoan the fact that we're not as savvy as them and don't play the ref as effectively as them. I would love for us to be the club that rises above that kind of thing - Moyes to an extent did exactly that, fining Phil Neville for diving etc (although maybe he was fined for diving so obviously and ineffectually!) but it's now 2023 and we're shit and, yeah, we should also be looking for every wrinkle in the rule-book and exploiting every single little advantage we can identify.
I recall us using delasying tactics against the shyte last year, and motdf killed us.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 21 Sep 2023, 9:22 pm

Not good to read.
Club working with police to investigate reported racist abuse of Arsenal player

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66881295
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com