606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

19 - Ellis Simms - will he make it?

+4
Goodison_Gringo
Rotterdam 1985
Knight of Thorgothshire
Armchair
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

19 - Ellis Simms - will he make it? - Page 2 Empty Re: 19 - Ellis Simms - will he make it?

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 16 Mar 2024, 6:07 pm

Tonteau wrote:Two goals and an assist as Cov beat wolves 3-2 away.
it's sad isn't it that our coaches couldn't see & enhance his potential ....

btw he missed a couple of other good chances too... one a real sitter... he could have had 4 today

Number of posts : 41036
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

19 - Ellis Simms - will he make it? - Page 2 Empty Re: 19 - Ellis Simms - will he make it?

Post  Tonteau Sat 16 Mar 2024, 9:01 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

btw he missed a couple of other good chances too... one a real sitter... he could have had 4 today

I think Dyche has been quite candid in saying that because of our financial situation we were forced into selling players he would have preferred to have kept. Namely Simms and Cannon.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 16 Mar 2024, 10:31 pm

Tonteau wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

I think Dyche has been quite candid in saying that because of our financial situation we were forced into selling players he would have preferred to have kept. Namely Simms and Cannon.

I know there is some nuance and complexity to this that I'm going to deliberately ignore for the purposes of this post, but we did spend most of the Simms/Cannon money in the same transfer window on Chermiti.

For the record I didn't think either Simms or Cannon had it in them to be Prem footballers, but there is no guarantee that I'm right, and it would have been nice to keep both for a little longer, particularly Simms, to see if they could develop further. But even with his recent purple patch, the fact is that he has 9 goals in 37 league games this season, in the Championship. He only scored in one game before Christmas, and he starts for them most weeks. Despite what the Twitter misery-fucks are saying right now, I don't necessarily think we let our saviour slip through our fingers.

He might still end up better than Chermiti though. Whatever, I'm pleased he's doing well. I still think he's at the right level for him.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14836
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 16 Mar 2024, 11:20 pm

I agree that Ellis was never going to be our saviour, and that it's great to see him doing well. But most of all, what a fucking cracker of a cup tie that was. The second half was everything the FA Cup should be - exciting, unpredictable, high-tempo. The media are constantly gaslighting us about the PL being the best in the world, and what an incredible title battle it is this season, and how every time the Shite play Citteh the world has a massive fucking wank etc etc, but the Wolves v Coventry game was real football. Both of those teams were desperate to get to a semi final, and walk out at Wembley. Both sets of fans were urging their team to get over the line because it really meant something to them

Meanwhile, Citteh have qualified for the ninety-fourth cup semi final in a row or something and, no matter what shit Foden or one of their other multi-millionaires comes up with about how motivated they are, it's just business as fucking usual and boring as fuck that they beat Newcastle and will no doubt reach a final against the RS unless they fuck up the draw and play them in the semi-final.

Anyway, whatever happens, either the Shite or City will win the FA Cup. So good luck Coventry, and enjoy your day.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25874
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 17 Mar 2024, 12:13 am

hairy cataract wrote:I agree that Ellis was never going to be our saviour, and that it's great to see him doing well.  But most of all, what a fucking cracker of a cup tie that was.  The second half was everything the FA Cup should be - exciting, unpredictable, high-tempo.  The media are constantly gaslighting us about the PL being the best in the world, and what an incredible title battle it is this season, and how every time the Shite play Citteh the world has a massive fucking wank etc etc, but the Wolves v Coventry game was real football. Both of those teams were desperate to get to a semi final, and walk out at Wembley.  Both sets of fans were urging their team to get over the line because it really meant something to them

Meanwhile, Citteh have qualified for the ninety-fourth cup semi final in a row or something and, no matter what shit Foden or one of their other multi-millionaires comes up with about how motivated they are, it's just business as fucking usual and boring as fuck that they beat Newcastle and will no doubt reach a final against the RS unless they fuck up the draw and play them in the semi-final.

Anyway, whatever happens, either the Shite or City will win the FA Cup.  So good luck Coventry, and enjoy your day.

I always had a soft spot for Cov, good luck to them. They've got zero chance of winning it, but semi final weekend will belong to them. I wouldn't mind seeing Leicester shock Chelsea tomorrow and then them drawing Coventry, allowing City and the Shite to knock seven bells out of each other again while Sky and their commentators wank themselves unconscious over it.

(Voice in my head: "hey, why have a pop at Sky? Isn't the Cup on terrestrial telly?")

(Me: "shut the fuck up, voice in my head, you're spoiling my narrative.")
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14836
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2