606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

7 - Richarlison - Kev to his mates

+12
Yankthattoffee
Da Judge
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
Goodison_Gringo
Sack the Juggler
hairy cataract
Blue gazza
Lumper
Gravy & Chips
Statman
Hinchcliffe Corner
16 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

7 - Richarlison - Kev to his mates - Page 5 Empty Re: 7 - Richarlison - Kev to his mates

Post  hairy cataract Tue 28 Jun 2022, 11:58 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Scott's eh?  Very nice.  I wonder why the multi-millionaire Spurs chairman and the multi-millionaire Everton chairman would meet each other for dinner, in a very public place?  I wonder if it's just because, well, they know each other and like to chat shit in expensive restaurants.  I mean, I wonder if Bill really was about to sell our entire team to Spurs for a quid behind Moshiri's back, whether they would meet in a slightly less public spot?  Or at least a cheaper restaurant.

Anyway, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that no deals for the sale of any of our players were done last night in a fish restaurant in Mayfair.

You could be right.

Then again...

Like, it looks very much like we have to sell someone to get us out of FFP lumber. And I've read that this might have to be done before 30th June. Now this could all be bollocks - none of us know for sure - but if there is any grain of truth in all that then I'd be astonished if the topic of who Everton might be willing to sell didn't come up in conversation while two PL chairmen were having a meal together, irrespective of how pleasant the restaurant is.

Anyway given our financial difficulties, I'd much prefer it if Bill arranged these conversations in a takeaway kebab house. "So then, £50m plus add-ons, and we can...Adana shish with chips? Yeah that's me...anyway, we can chat about Anthony Gordon another time. Wetherspoons on Sunday?"

To be fair, they'd be a lot less likely to be sitting next to some poncy journalist if they did their business at a kebab shop in Tottenham.

Anyway, whatever our FFP status, Richarlison will be leaving because he wants to leave. I'll only start frothing at the mouth if we let him go for less than £50m, or accept shit players in part exchange. Which might happen of course. Rumour is the only reason El Ghazi came to us was to offset the wages of Digne at Villa, so we certainly have form for doing weird deals.

The Anthony Gordon rumour is most likely just to fill column inches. THough it could be a distraction so that when we don't sell him, we'll be so delighted that we won't notice that we've sold Richie to Spurs for £20m plus Glen Hoddle, and DCL to the barcodes for a fiver and some cheap petrol.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

7 - Richarlison - Kev to his mates - Page 5 Empty Re: 7 - Richarlison - Kev to his mates

Post  Yankthattoffee Tue 28 Jun 2022, 12:17 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Scott's eh?  Very nice.  I wonder why the multi-millionaire Spurs chairman and the multi-millionaire Everton chairman would meet each other for dinner, in a very public place?  I wonder if it's just because, well, they know each other and like to chat shit in expensive restaurants.  I mean, I wonder if Bill really was about to sell our entire team to Spurs for a quid behind Moshiri's back, whether they would meet in a slightly less public spot?  Or at least a cheaper restaurant.

Anyway, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that no deals for the sale of any of our players were done last night in a fish restaurant in Mayfair.

You could be right.

Then again...

Like, it looks very much like we have to sell someone to get us out of FFP lumber. And I've read that this might have to be done before 30th June. Now this could all be bollocks - none of us know for sure - but if there is any grain of truth in all that then I'd be astonished if the topic of who Everton might be willing to sell didn't come up in conversation while two PL chairmen were having a meal together, irrespective of how pleasant the restaurant is.

Anyway given our financial difficulties, I'd much prefer it if Bill arranged these conversations in a takeaway kebab house. "So then, £50m plus add-ons, and we can...Adana shish with chips? Yeah that's me...anyway, we can chat about Anthony Gordon another time. Wetherspoons on Sunday?"

To be fair, they'd be a lot less likely to be sitting next to some poncy journalist if they did their business at a kebab shop in Tottenham.  

Anyway, whatever our FFP status, Richarlison will be leaving because he wants to leave.  I'll only start frothing at the mouth if we let him go for less than £50m, or accept shit players in part exchange.  Which might happen of course.  Rumour is the only reason El Ghazi came to us was to offset the wages of Digne at Villa, so we certainly have form for doing weird deals.

The Anthony Gordon rumour is most likely just to fill column inches.  THough it could be a distraction so that when we don't sell him, we'll be so delighted that we won't notice that we've sold Richie to Spurs for £20m plus Glen Hoddle, and DCL to the barcodes for a fiver and some cheap petrol.

I think Gordon is exactly the kind of stunt Levy would pull, knowing our financial plight.
I'm trusting Billy didn't tell Levy all the FFP details that have been imposed on us.
Gordon would give us a better transfer coefficient.
If he has Levy has pole position.
Gladdy would not forgive the loss of the local boy made good.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 28 Jun 2022, 1:14 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

You could be right.

Then again...

Anyway, whatever our FFP status, Richarlison will be leaving because he wants to leave.  I'll only start frothing at the mouth if we let him go for less than £50m, or accept shit players in part exchange.  Which might happen of course.  Rumour is the only reason El Ghazi came to us was to offset the wages of Digne at Villa, so we certainly have form for doing weird deals.

The Anthony Gordon rumour is most likely just to fill column inches.  THough it could be a distraction so that when we don't sell him, we'll be so delighted that we won't notice that we've sold Richie to Spurs for £20m plus Glen Hoddle, and DCL to the barcodes for a fiver and some cheap petrol.

I think Gordon is exactly the kind of stunt Levy would pull, knowing our financial plight.
I'm trusting Billy didn't tell Levy all the FFP details that have been imposed on us.
Gordon would give us a better transfer coefficient.
If he has Levy has pole position.
Gladdy would not forgive the loss of the local boy made good.
I'd be furious if we sold Gordon.. or Branthwaite come to that, as I think they have great futures.

...I rather sell DCL than them ... obv Richie wants out so take the highest bid & wish him well

Number of posts : 40996

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 28 Jun 2022, 2:54 pm

And, given our financial predicament, I hope Levy paid the restaurant bill.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22542
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 28 Jun 2022, 4:55 pm

It'll be sad to see him go, but what worries me even more is that we clearly won't be replacing him.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 28 Jun 2022, 5:09 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:It'll be sad to see him go, but what worries me even more is that we clearly won't be replacing him.

You've forgotten about Harry Winks!

jocolor
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 28 Jun 2022, 6:19 pm

Armchair wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:It'll be sad to see him go, but what worries me even more is that we clearly won't be replacing him.

You've forgotten about Harry Winks!

jocolor
7 - Richarlison - Kev to his mates - Page 5 F_laugh

but seriously.. Richie is predominantly a winger... and we have Gordon, Townsend, Gray, Iwobi and Dele (I thought he was great at the end of the season !!)... that's not bad cover / replacement !!

We have Tarky incoming for much needed CB cover ... Centre forward cover when Richie goes is the worry for me... if DCL is crocked again we are in trouble.. I mean Rondon FFS ...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 30 Jun 2022, 11:48 pm

is anyone really arsed at him going , i am not bothered tbh, pulled his arse out in the last 6 months ( shop window ) but 10 goals a season ? not great is it

hope we can get better in to replace him

good luck to him but feel he made the wrong move
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 30 Jun 2022, 11:54 pm

Blue gazza wrote:is anyone really arsed at him going , i am not bothered tbh,   pulled his arse out in the last 6 months  ( shop window ) but  10 goals a season ?  not great is it

Come to think of it, he missed a few howlers earlier in the season.
In that case he can do one.
cheers

btw did he ever get a fine or suspension for the flare throwing thing.
Cause I recon he should get 8 matches. Fecking stupid that. Could have put someone's eye out.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 01 Jul 2022, 1:04 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:is anyone really arsed at him going , i am not bothered tbh,   pulled his arse out in the last 6 months  ( shop window ) but  10 goals a season ?  not great is it

cheers

Cause I recon he should get 8 matches. Fecking stupid that. Could have put someone's eye out.

He regularly drove me mad. His excellence and commitment down the stretch may be making me a bit more misty eyed than I should be.

But whatever else you say about him, by fuck did he run his arse off for us, and he was rarely injured despite not having had a proper break for two or three years. They're difficult attributes to replace.

Come to think of it, he is due an injury. i wouldn't wish it on him, but I do wish it on Spurs, for him to do his achilles on the opening day.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14802
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Jul 2022, 8:25 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

cheers

He regularly drove me mad. His excellence and commitment down the stretch may be making me a bit more misty eyed than I should be.

But whatever else you say about him, by fuck did he run his arse off for us, and he was rarely injured despite not having had a proper break for two or three years. They're difficult attributes to replace.

Come to think of it, he is due an injury. i wouldn't wish it on him, but I do wish it on Spurs, for him to do his achilles on the opening day.

Yeah, over-rated, fuck him.  

Actually, I did see stats comparing Richarlison and Emmanuel Dennis - a potential replacement - and there was very little difference between them, including defensively.  That's pretty weird, considering everyone reckons Dennis isn't a team-player and has a bad attitude.  I wonder if we saw Richie through Richie-shaped glasses?
He made sure you always noticed him, so maybe we just think he was exceptionally committed.  Maybe he was actually no more committed than any other player?

edit: I just ran the two of them through this https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison and pretty much the only stat in which Richie beats Dennis is headed clearances. It seems Dennis is a more accurate shooter, put in more tackles, has better hair and bigger bollocks. Quite incredible.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 01 Jul 2022, 9:04 am

Just been confirmed on Sky

Tottenham sign Richarlison
Tottenham have signed Richarlison from Everton in a £60m deal.

See ya lad ... not ALWAYS great but we would have been relegated without you in those final games

Shame ... best wishes but hopefully you'll be fighting relegation with Spuds soon

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 01 Jul 2022, 9:15 am

Richarlison has completed a transfer from Everton to Tottenham Hotspur for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old forward departs the Blues after four years at Goodison Park, making 152 appearances and scoring 53 goals.

Richarlison joined Everton from Watford in July 2018 and, during his time with the Club, made his senior Brazil debut, going on to earn 36 caps for the five-time world champions.

Everyone at Everton would like to thank Richarlison for his service and commitment during his time with the Club.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2663732/richarlison-departs-everton

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 01 Jul 2022, 9:17 am

I never liked him. And we've still got Rondon, so no problems there.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 01 Jul 2022, 9:19 am

hairy cataract wrote:I never liked him.  And we've still got Rondon, so no problems there.
true.. and Dele Alli is a better winger .. so actually we have right royally fucked Spurs over on this one Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 01 Jul 2022, 5:17 pm

bye Richie Sad Sad

7 - Richarlison - Kev to his mates - Page 5 Captu124

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 02 Jul 2022, 12:31 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 02 Jul 2022, 1:16 pm

7 - Richarlison - Kev to his mates - Page 5 F_laugh
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 05 Jul 2022, 2:32 pm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62050373

One game ban for the flare incident. lol!
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 08 Sep 2022, 9:57 am

I've got a mate who's a big Spurs fan, and I really had to convince him about what they were getting when they signed our Richie. Now he gets it. The Spurs lot are starting to love him in the way that we did - his total commitment, his shithousery, his infuriating talent. He gives them something they were missing, and he's Conte's type of character.

Watching him score twice last night and then be overcome with emotion at the end was a bit like watching an ex, after you parted on good terms, happily marry some guy who's better looking and has a better job than you. You want them to fail, and can't help thinking about what might have been, but you also wish them luck.

I know there are some who say Richarlison is dead to them once he left us, but I like the fucker.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 08 Sep 2022, 10:14 am

hairy cataract wrote:I've got a mate who's a big Spurs fan, and I really had to convince him about what they were getting when they signed our Richie.  Now he gets it.  The Spurs lot are starting to love him in the way that we did - his total commitment, his shithousery, his infuriating talent. He gives them something they were missing, and he's Conte's type of character.

Watching him score twice last night and then be overcome with emotion at the end was a bit like watching an ex, after you parted on good terms, happily marry some guy who's better looking and has a better job than you.  You want them to fail, and can't help thinking about what might have been, but you also wish them luck.

I know there are some who say Richarlison is dead to them once he left us, but I like the fucker.

Same. He just gets what it is to support a football club, specifically Everton. It's one thing to be a brilliant player but quite another to be brilliant and still take every decision that went against us as a personal insult. His trolling liverpool fans on twitter and laying into the likes of Carragher is honestly quite refreshing. No agent-drafted statements, no diplomacy, just pure Richarlison.

Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 08 Sep 2022, 11:25 am

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:I've got a mate who's a big Spurs fan, and I really had to convince him about what they were getting when they signed our Richie.  Now he gets it.  The Spurs lot are starting to love him in the way that we did - his total commitment, his shithousery, his infuriating talent. He gives them something they were missing, and he's Conte's type of character.

Watching him score twice last night and then be overcome with emotion at the end was a bit like watching an ex, after you parted on good terms, happily marry some guy who's better looking and has a better job than you.  You want them to fail, and can't help thinking about what might have been, but you also wish them luck.

Same. He just gets what it is to support a football club, specifically Everton. It's one thing to be a brilliant player but quite another to be brilliant and still take every decision that went against us as a personal insult. His trolling liverpool fans on twitter and laying into the likes of Carragher is honestly quite refreshing. No agent-drafted statements, no diplomacy, just pure Richarlison.

he's brilliant... and I hope & reckon he'll be back to us some day

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 08 Sep 2022, 4:26 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

In fairness, I haven't heard/read any Everton fans wishing him anything but the best. I guess there must be some, but we were never going to be able to offer him CL footy.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 08 Sep 2022, 5:05 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

In fairness, I haven't heard/read any Everton fans wishing him anything but the best. I guess there must be some, but we were never going to be able to offer him CL footy.

Indeed, everything I've seen has ranged from best wishes and thanks for saving our arses last season, all the way up to Hairy wanting his arse back in his life, it would appear.

Was there ever an Everton player who left us (at the peak of his powers) with so much goodwill and understanding? I love that Spurs fans are starting to love him. Just not looking forward to us having to play against him. That's where Hairy's "ex" analogy turns from goodwill on her wedding day, to bitter recrimination in the pub when you've had one too many and are pissing in your mate's ear about despising the bitch while she's up dancing to Hey Ya with her mates.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14802
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 08 Sep 2022, 9:31 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Indeed, everything I've seen has ranged from best wishes and thanks for saving our arses last season, all the way up to Hairy wanting his arse back in his life, it would appear.

Was there ever an Everton player who left us (at the peak of his powers) with so much goodwill and understanding? I love that Spurs fans are starting to love him. Just not looking forward to us having to play against him. That's where Hairy's "ex" analogy turns from goodwill on her wedding day, to bitter recrimination in the pub when you've had one too many and are pissing in your mate's ear about despising the bitch while she's up dancing to Hey Ya with her mates.

Spurs-supporting mate text me today and said “you were right about Richarlison. I like him a lot. Can’t wait to see him play against Arsenal.”
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next