606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match Thread league 2016-17 season

+7
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Da Judge
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
SouthernSmugToffee
Hinchcliffe Corner
Made 4 Gwladys
Sack the Juggler
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Match Thread league 2016-17 season Empty Match Thread league 2016-17 season

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 06 Aug 2016, 5:54 pm

Ok... here we go again.

so the same as last season then ...

Same rules as before..

3pts for a win, 1 for draw & 0 for a loss
Poster keeps the thread honour until he (or she) loses a game
1 bonus point for the correct score prediction

Same rule of -5 points for match thread theft & a visit from legal counsel.

Winner is obviously on points and if needed Goal Difference, then Goals scored... if it's still a tie you get to sleep with Mrs4G & Hairy's prettiest goat, both dressed in Everton CWC retro blue lingerie

Competitive matches only ... Premier League, FA cup & League cup all count (AET counts.. penalties do not)... friendlies for fun .... Europe would count but Martinez fucked that up

The President to start the first competitive thread as last season's champion.. anyone else will be fined under match thread theft rule

Last year's Brucie Bonuses remain in force.. of ONE bonus point for EVERY GOAL that our super striker KONE scores and also 1 point per GOAL for our resident League one standard Red Lion barman... Mo Besic..... Last season Kone delivered 7 points & the Barman fuck all (surprise eh !).. There is a chance he'll do better this year as he's badly injured.

Enjoy & COYB    

HALL OF FAME
2015-16 The President
2014-15 M4G
2013-14 BHE
2012-13 jellyman (blueberto)
2011-12 M4G
2010-11 Tater

Rules, including agreed amendments during last season

1 ... In the event of thread theft the person who the thread was stolen from can re-take it without penalty in the next game only if he gets in fast enough, otherwise the thief may continue without further penalty. Whoever is first gets the honour out of the stolen from or the thief.

2... If the person who has the thread honour does not start the next thread before 48 hours of kick off, anyone may start the next thread without a theft penalty ... anyone starting the thread prior to 48 hours from kick off will be considered to be a thread thief & fined accordingly

3... basic schoolboy errors such as wrong Home/Away order in title will be punishable by a public burning outside Analfield or a fine of choice by our very fair justice system known as Lord UWIE

4... Snitch points will be awarded & deducted as deemed reasonable by the Uwist for ruthless supergrassing (or failing to grass for the reigning snitcher) and pointing out flagrant match thread misdemeanours

5... at any time during the competition season M4G may be awarded (by M4G and at M4G's sole discretion) 25 point for administering the competition. This rule is not negotiable & is not subject to normal Uwie judgements

Number of posts : 41001
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Match Thread league 2016-17 season Empty Re: Match Thread league 2016-17 season

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 10 Aug 2016, 12:50 pm

cop cop cop cop cop

Calling all people called THE PRESIDENT...

...we have never had a defaulter in the FIRST game of the season...

....the thread vultures are looming

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Wed 10 Aug 2016, 1:12 pm

just to clarify, match thread theft is allowed (without penalty) if it is within 48 hours of kick off?
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 10 Aug 2016, 1:27 pm

Just teasing Smile
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 13 Aug 2016, 12:03 pm

Da Judge wrote:Ignorantia juris  non excusat

I have before me judgement docket 2016-7M1EVE-TOT
So.. in English I translate this to mean Very Happy

Ruling 1
At worst: Victimisation for those who cannot spell... At best: no mercy for innocent errors...
The President -2
Super +1 (but not promoted to Chief Snitcher) ... I presume this means the title remains with BHE

Ruling 2
Super +5 for a piece of work that is totally non-related to the best league in the world (this league)
I presume that Da Judge & Super are in cahoots & looking to share Supers newly acquired STD

Ruling 3
BHE misses a 'snitch' (albeit a very lame one that normal citizens expected to be waved away by a sane Judge) and remains as Chief Snitcher but is not sanctioned with any points penalties & gets a warning Mad .... dirty snidey shit going on here

Ruling 4
The CS (Chief Snitcher) is fined -10 for "ultra vires transgression" .. whatever the fuck that is... so as per above I conclude that BHE is fined -10 for being a snidey snide but not snidey enough to appease a bent judge who is sleeping with the organiser of a lesser league

Ruling 5
Mr Ben -5 for an attempted coup against The President... this I feel is possibly (but only possibly) a fine that is fair... considering that a coup against The President is fairly serious... unless it's in 6 months time when de-Trumping is in play

As organiser I shake my head & would have expected no fines, but rather some stern words instead from Judge Clattenburg-Atkinson Melchard... to set a precedent to the president  Smile

study

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Sat 13 Aug 2016, 12:09 pm

I have lodged an appeal with the European Court of Justice
Only to be told that because of Brexit they can no longer help - But they do feel it was a very harsh judgement
The President is now looking into passing his own laws
The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 22 Aug 2016, 2:15 pm

Are we going to have a table this season? Two games in and nothing.......
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 22 Aug 2016, 3:27 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Ruling 1
At worst: Victimisation for those who cannot spell... At best: no mercy for innocent errors...
The President -2
Super +1 (but not promoted to Chief Snitcher) ... I presume this means the title remains with BHE

Ruling 2
Super +5 for a piece of work that is totally non-related to the best league in the world (this league)
I presume that Da Judge & Super are in cahoots & looking to share Supers newly acquired STD

Ruling 3
BHE misses a 'snitch' (albeit a very lame one that normal citizens expected to be waved away by a sane Judge) and remains as Chief Snitcher but is not sanctioned with any points penalties & gets a warning Mad .... dirty snidey shit going on here

Ruling 4
The CS (Chief Snitcher) is fined -10 for "ultra vires transgression" .. whatever the fuck that is... so as per above I conclude that BHE is fined -10 for being a snidey snide but not snidey enough to appease a bent judge who is sleeping with the organiser of a lesser league

Ruling 5
Mr Ben -5 for an attempted coup against The President... this I feel is possibly (but only possibly) a fine that is fair... considering that a coup against The President is fairly serious... unless it's in 6 months time when de-Trumping is in play

As organiser I shake my head & would have expected no fines, but rather some stern words instead from Judge Clattenburg-Atkinson Melchard... to set a precedent to the president  Smile

study

The joys of new fatherhood and family visiting mean that I haven't been able to get to a computer as frequently as I would like, and as such I've only just been made aware of these shocking miscarriages of justice of which I am a victim. I hereby appeal in the strongest manner against these shocking rulings and punishments.

The case for the defence:
BHEs defence barrister advises that it is stated in no post prior to the start of the 2016/17 season that BHE is to be considered to be the Chief Snitcher for the coming season and, until such a time that any one individual is recognised to make a snitch worthy of such a title, that no one person presently holds the responsibilities of a Chief Snitcher nor have they done at any point in this season so far.

He further points out that it is foolhardy to assume that the role of Chief Snitcher for the 2016/17 season would be automatically awarded to the final Chief Snitcher of the 2015/16 season. Indeed, the first of these rulings only serve to demonstrate how weak the prosecution is, having only 'presumed' the defendant is Chief Snitcher.

The defendant had not made the same presumption outlined in ruling 1 and challenges its accuracy. Already, a precedent for non-continuation of roles from one season to the next has been set. Mr Ben was not only denied the opportunity to start this match thread for the opening match of this season, but was also been fined 5 points for having made an incorrect assumption that the roles earned at the conclusion of one season should roll over to the next. It therefore cannot be right and proper that some, but not all, roles continue from one season to the next and that the identity of these roles is only known by the select few and that this group known as 'the select few' exclude the very people who are most affected.

In short, the role of Chief Snitcher has not been awarded thus far in the 2016/17 season and so it follows that no punishment can be thrust upon any individual for not having fulfilled such duties associated with the aforementioned role.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 23 Aug 2016, 7:01 pm

Super wrote:Are we going to have a table this season?  Two games in and nothing.......
sorry .. i'm way too busy to be arsed with football at the moment apart from a few responses here & there..

more than happy if someone else wants to pick this up for now... or take it over completely... it's a piece of piss to run if you can make sense of the rules & the da judgements

if no-one wants to then... fine... I'll pick it up again when I have time... I'm also away across all of Sept so will be pretty low key till October really

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 23 Aug 2016, 10:32 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:

Ruling 1
The President -2

Ruling 2

Ruling 3

Ruling 4

Ruling 5

study

The joys of new fatherhood and family visiting mean that I haven't been able to get to a computer as frequently as I would like, and as such I've only just been made aware of these shocking miscarriages of justice of which I am a victim. I hereby appeal in the strongest manner against these shocking rulings and punishments.

The case for the defence:
BHEs defence barrister advises that it is stated in no post prior to the start of the 2016/17 season that BHE is to be considered to be the Chief Snitcher for the coming season and, until such a time that any one individual is recognised to make a snitch worthy of such a title, that no one person presently holds the responsibilities of a Chief Snitcher nor have they done at any point in this season so far.

He further points out that it is foolhardy to assume that the role of Chief Snitcher for the 2016/17 season would be automatically awarded to the final Chief Snitcher of the 2015/16 season. Indeed, the first of these rulings only serve to demonstrate how weak the prosecution is, having only 'presumed' the defendant is Chief Snitcher.

The defendant had not made the same presumption outlined in ruling 1 and challenges its accuracy. Already, a precedent for non-continuation of roles from one season to the next has been set. Mr Ben was not only denied the opportunity to start this match thread for the opening match of this season, but was also been fined 5 points for having made an incorrect assumption that the roles earned at the conclusion of one season should roll over to the next. It therefore cannot be right and proper that some, but not all, roles continue from one season to the next and that the identity of these roles is only known by the select few and that this group known as 'the select few' exclude the very people who are most affected.

In short, the role of Chief Snitcher has not been awarded thus far in the 2016/17 season and so it follows that no punishment can be thrust upon any individual for not having fulfilled such duties associated with the aforementioned role.

The chief snitched is a court awarded appointment

I am sensitive to some of your points but not to the extent I would revise penalties apart from the 10 points ultra vires being akin to doing the job of someone else without the directed mandate. Perhaps a waiver for first offence.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 24 Aug 2016, 8:49 am

Think this table is correct, but not 100% sure.....

Match Thread league 2016-17 season Match_11
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:32 am

Super wrote:Think this table is correct,  but not 100% sure.....

I think the -10 points has been dropped...

"but not to the extent I would revise penalties apart from the 10 points"

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:43 am

Super wrote:Think this table is correct,  but not 100% sure.....

I think the -10 points has been dropped...

"but not to the extent I would revise penalties apart from the 10 points"

Apologies. Hard to work out who has got minus points, having to check different threads. Have amended the table and will upload updated table after the Stoke game at the weekend.

Hard keeping track of so many different competitions.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:07 am

Star man Super... thanks..

really under pressure at the moment with contract closures + too many personal issues to shake a stick at....

..cn't wait to his my hols in Sept sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:44 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Star man Super... thanks..

really under pressure at the moment with contract closures + too many personal issues to shake a stick at....

No worries mate. Sorry about my original comment, was only joking about the whereabouts of the table. But happy to pick this up.
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:53 am

Super wrote:

No worries mate.  Sorry about my original comment, was only joking about the whereabouts of the table.  But happy to pick this up.

Sod the apologies. It's as refreshing as it is welcome to see a man with integrity administering the league these days. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:11 pm

Super wrote:

No worries mate.  Sorry about my original comment, was only joking about the whereabouts of the table.  But happy to pick this up.

Sod the apologies. It's as refreshing as it is welcome to see a man with integrity administering the league these days. Very Happy

Are you offering that up as a snitch?

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:14 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Super wrote:

I'm not convinced that stating the obvious qualifies as being snitching. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 24 Aug 2016, 3:46 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Super wrote:

I'm not convinced that stating the obvious qualifies as being snitching. Very Happy
no prob super.. no offense ever taken mate...

judge... nail that snidey b'stard Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 30 Aug 2016, 12:59 pm

Match Thread league 2016-17 season Match_12
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 30 Aug 2016, 1:49 pm

Super Match Thread league 2016-17 season F_ale

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Tue 06 Sep 2016, 11:15 am

Its about time the next match thread was posted, even though the game isn't till Monday night.  Suspect
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 06 Sep 2016, 12:07 pm

SouthernSmugToffee wrote:Its about time the next match thread was posted, even though the game isn't till Monday night.  Suspect

There is no role or open position for official timekeeper... the rules are in place...

Da Judge
Da Judge

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 13 Sep 2016, 2:01 pm

Match Thread league 2016-17 season Match_10
Super
Super

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Tue 13 Sep 2016, 3:24 pm

Hooray for The President. Long may he reign!
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next