606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

+16
Sack the Juggler
Dixie Land
Merseyblue
hairy cataract
Mr_Ben
Made 4 Gwladys
Statman
Blue gazza
The President
Helenqu
SEFTON
Armchair
Tonteau
Yankthattoffee
Da Judge
Lumper
20 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 14 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sat 01 Feb 2014, 9:50 pm

Made FooFoo Gwladys wrote:
Statman wrote:Reading about the 'not given' foul leading up to Villa's goal was interesting because I was listening to 5 Live eariler (they were at the United game) and the commentators (Alan Green, in particular) were fuming about a free kick that wasn't given for Ashley Young.

Wonder if MOTD will make a fuss of both, either or neither?
at the time I thought it was a foul, but as soon as I saw the replay it clearly wasn't... Stones was caught in possession by Delph.. it was a good tackle

Was it Stones? I thought it was Barkley. Either way, the tackle looked clumsy because the Villa player got his leg around ours but definitely played the ball before the man.

There was an incident later definitely involving Stones, where he was chopped on the edge of the area and nothing was given, and he got up and chased down the Villa player and made a similar and as good a tackle as the one that lead to their goal - difference was that they got a free kick for it.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 14 Empty Re: Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas)

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 01 Feb 2014, 9:51 pm

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:
Statman wrote:Reading about the 'not given' foul leading up to Villa's goal was interesting because I was listening to 5 Live eariler (they were at the United game) and the commentators (Alan Green, in particular) were fuming about a free kick that wasn't given for Ashley Young.

at the time I thought it was a foul, but as soon as I saw the replay it clearly wasn't... Stones was caught in possession by Delph.. it was a good tackle

Was it Stones? I thought it was Barkley. Either way, the tackle looked clumsy because the Villa player got his leg around ours but definitely played the ball before the man.

There was an incident later definitely involving Stones, where he was chopped on the edge of the area and nothing was given, and he got up and chased down the Villa player and made a similar and as good a tackle as the one that lead to their goal - difference was that they got a free kick for it.
yeah .. i thought it was a good tackle .. maybe it was Barks .. the feed was a bit iffy at times...

Number of posts : 40996
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 02 Feb 2014, 2:11 am

Wasn't it Barkley who lost possession?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74405

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 02 Feb 2014, 2:12 am

Barry Horne's Equaliser wrote:

Yeah, I think it was Barkley. Under Moyes he would not feature more this season.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 02 Feb 2014, 1:34 pm

hairberto cataract wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Just back from the game.  Poor first half, much better second half thoughts:

McGeedy can't beat a man, can't pass to a man, and is crap - that's all really

I mcAgreedy with you.  Ha!  See what I did there?  McAgreedy?  Though to be fair he has a few tricks up his sleeve.  Problem is they come to nothing. Waste of money.  I don't think he'll keep his place when everyone else is fit.  

Malcolm I don't think he was bought as one of best starting XI players. I'd say Pienaar and Kev 11 will be our wingers with Aiden first choice back up.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 02 Feb 2014, 1:35 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Just back from the game.  Poor first half, much better second half thoughts:

I mcAgreedy with you.  Ha!  See what I did there?  McAgreedy?  Though to be fair he has a few tricks up his sleeve.  Problem is they come to nothing. Waste of money.  I don't think he'll keep his place when everyone else is fit.  

Malcolm I don't think he was bought as one of best starting XI players. I'd say Pienaar and Kev 11 will be our wingers with Aiden first choice back up.

Who is Malcolm?  scratch 
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Merseyblue Sun 02 Feb 2014, 2:25 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

I think it's too early really to tell. His shot off the post was a good effort. Granted, the defender was too far away from him but he moved the ball to the inside and produced a good finish, too bad it didn't go in.

He doesn't seem very mobile though, something which worries me. Maybe he'll get more room to move around (and when he's match fit) when Coleman gets back since he likes to overlap more than Stones does. That should free up some room for McGeady to move around and make more of an impact.
I think it's clear he's not match fit.
He hadn't played since November time and I don't think the Russian league is anywhere near as good or as fast as the Premier League. I think he need a bit of time and some games before we can judge him properly.
Merseyblue
Merseyblue

Number of posts : 9163

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Sun 02 Feb 2014, 5:21 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:

Who is Malcolm?  scratch 

The one in the middle.
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Sun 02 Feb 2014, 6:14 pm

Super wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Having a pint in rigbys with my cousin and graham Stuart is in here too! Diamond geezer!

cheers cheers Everton 2 Aston Villa 1 (Naismith, Mirallas) - Page 14 Food-smi 
Met a load of lads I went to the European games with before I left rigbys, so agreed to meet up there again after the match, was gabbing away ay the bar and guess who turned up?

Spoiler:
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 02 Feb 2014, 6:15 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Super wrote:
Sack the Juggler wrote:Having a pint in rigbys with my cousin and graham Stuart is in here too! Diamond geezer!

Met a load of lads I went to the European games with before I left rigbys, so agreed to meet up there again after the match, was gabbing away ay the bar and guess who turned up?

Spoiler:
Good to hear he's doing well.  Very Happy 
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 02 Feb 2014, 7:33 pm

Sack the Juggler wrote:
Super wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoke to him the other day actually. Told him a load of us were heading up for the Cardiff game next month, but unfortunately he is heading to snowboarding that day.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38101
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 02 Feb 2014, 8:54 pm

Was at my dads 70th on Saturday so nervously checking the phone every 5 seconds especially after we went 1-0 down. Lets not underestimate this, that was a massive 3 points considering what happen midweek and what faces us at Spurs next week. The players and manager showed a lot of character to pull that out of the bag and deserve huge credit. Considering the results of the teams around us this weekend its been a brilliant reply to Shite disaster.

Well done Blues. cheers 

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Mon 03 Feb 2014, 9:23 am

Over the years, there's not been too weekends where I've been delighted with either Steven Naismith or Big Vic. You know it's been a crazy week when both deliver the goods.  Very Happy 

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14