606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

+39
hairy cataract
Gravy & Chips
Made 4 Gwladys
SouthernSmugToffee
Da Judge
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
Blue gazza
Armchair
Statman
SEFTON
Hinchcliffe Corner
WellOilBeefHooked
Albert
Tonteau
Valentino Blue
Yankthattoffee
RhinoJagz
Knight of Thorgothshire
The President
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Super
Merseyblue
Helenqu
Cahill the Great
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
VenezuelaBlue
Gazbow
anticipate_the_pass
Michael Crosby S74
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
notepad
Bryan
Luka Perfect
tadpole
paul
ToffeeDan
43 posters

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 3 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  notepad Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:40 am

£20m is a joke for a lad who has play about 200 minutes of Premiership Football, he's 1 year into a 5 year deal and Chelsea have an abundance of Midfield options. Slow news day at The Mirror.
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future - Page 3 Empty Re: 20: Ross Barkley - Royal Blue future

Post  Tonteau Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:23 pm

mindyerho? wrote:the connection is that the Everton Scout who recruited Barkley has moved to Chavski. Probably nicking all his files when he left. Expect Bill to sue Chelsea for the return of the binders and paper clips.

Doubt it. Mick Docherty who moved to Chelsea was our European scout. Got us the likes of Vellios and Coleman. Barkley would have been scouted by someone else at a different level.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:38 pm

Its amazing for such a 'weak squad' the media have valued Barkley, Baines, Fellaini, Rodwell and Jagielka all around the £20m mark!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Tue 20 Sep 2011, 12:55 pm

notepad wrote:£20m is a joke for a lad who has play about 200 minutes of Premiership Football, he's 1 year into a 5 year deal and Chelsea have an abundance of Midfield options. Slow news day at The Mirror.

sell him!

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

Bryan wrote:
notepad wrote:£20m is a joke for a lad who has play about 200 minutes of Premiership Football, he's 1 year into a 5 year deal and Chelsea have an abundance of Midfield options. Slow news day at The Mirror.

sell him!
Chelsea have money, let's make it £25M. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

The thing that irritates me.... and makes me think that the lazy journos are actually paid by the likes of Chelski and Manure to make it up is that for a side that is quote struggling unquote - we are ding remarkably better than at least 12 other sides including Shoite and Arse.

Anyway... there are more important things to worry about....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9787
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:33 am

Everton are confident of holding onto the latest product of their youth system, Ross Barkley, after assistant manager Steve Round dismissed any talk of the midfielder joining Chelsea for £20m as nonsense.
Full story: Metro

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:21 am

UWIST61 wrote:The thing that irritates me.... and makes me think that the lazy journos are actually paid by the likes of Chelski and Manure to make it up is that for a side that is quote struggling unquote - we are ding remarkably better than at least 12 other sides including Shoite and Arse.

Exactly - I've been banging on about this all week, but the media are still going on about how much better the Shite are doing under Dalglish, while they describe us as "struggling". How does that work, when we're above them in the table with a game in hand?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25874

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 21 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

UWIST61 wrote:The thing that irritates me.... and makes me think that the lazy journos are actually paid by the likes of Chelski and Manure to make it up is that for a side that is quote struggling unquote - we are ding remarkably better than at least 12 other sides including Shoite and Arse.

What irritates me is how unsettling it can be for a young lad who's balls have only just dropped, to have all this £20M talk surrounding him.
It turned Rooney's head, and wrecked Rodders form, but I'm hoping 3rd time lucky for Barks.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:18 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

What irritates me is how unsettling it can be for a young lad who's balls have only just dropped, to have all this £20M talk surrounding him.
It turned Rooney's head, and wrecked Rodders form, but I'm hoping 3rd time lucky for Barks.

Ross Barkley has handed in a transfer request after becoming disillusioned with the lack of playing time this season. After the full 90mins of football against QPR, he has only played 52mins of the following 3 games buts feels that he has had enough Premier league experience to make the step up to the next level. "I want to play in the Champions League. The lads here are shite and the manager smells" stated the hotly prized youngster.

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Ross Barkley has handed in a transfer request after becoming disillusioned with the lack of playing time this season. After the full 90mins of football against QPR, he has only played 52mins of the following 3 games buts feels that he has had enough Premier league experience to make the step up to the next level. "I want to play in the Champions League. The lads here are shite and the manager smells" stated tweeted the hotly prized youngster.

Just one small correction for you.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:56 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Ross Barkley has handed in a transfer request after becoming disillusioned with the lack of playing time this season. After the full 90mins of football against QPR, he has only played 52mins of the following 3 games buts feels that he has had enough Premier league experience to make the step up to the next level. "I want to play in the Champions League. The lads here are shite and the manager smells" stated the hotly prized youngster.
lol! lol! lol! lol!
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Wasn't that an extract from Gosling....

Number of posts : 41036

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:51 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Wasn't that an extract from Gosling....

Super Dan G started for The Toon last night.
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:54 am

Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are preparing for a £30m transfer battle for Everton's 17-year-old midfielder Ross Barkley. The fee would shatter the world record paid for a teenager, which stands at the £26.5m United gave Everton for Wayne Rooney.
Full story: Mail on Sunday
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22552
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:22 am

Just pluck the figures out of the air valuation.

Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:50 am

£30m? He can't even make the bench for us can he? That must make Vellios worth £50m. Let's sell them both and go on holiday.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm

hairy cataract wrote:£30m? He can't even make the bench for us can he? That must make Vellios worth £50m. Let's sell them both and go on holiday.

throw rodders in and buy the club cheers
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

Take the £30m and send them Baxter instead Smile
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22552
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:38 pm

FEED THE STRAQ wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:£30m? He can't even make the bench for us can he? That must make Vellios worth £50m. Let's sell them both and go on holiday.

£100m for the three of them, clear the debt, tart up the Old Lady, and there'll still be enough loose change for pies all round cheers
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:42 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
FEED THE STRAQ wrote:

£100m for the three of them, clear the debt, tart up the Old Lady, and there'll still be enough loose change for pies all round cheers
chicken & mushroom please

Number of posts : 41036

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:48 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
FEED THE STRAQ wrote:

chicken & mushroom please

Sorry, we've run out of them. We've still got cheese & nipple, or curried custard & peas.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  The President Thu 06 Oct 2011, 12:59 am

Arsenal are believed to have joined the race to sign Everton's 17-year-old midfielder Ross Barkley.
Full story: Caught Offside

The President
The President

Number of posts : 11907
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

I'm sure he will make a decent living out of football, but for all the hype, he isn't THAT good (yet) is he?

I think a lot of people are waiting on the next Wayne Rooney, but I think he will be more of a Leon Osman, which isn't that bad a thing, maybe he needs a season out on loan like Ossie had?

It just seems he has become some kind of wonderkid before actually doing anything.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sack the Juggler Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:56 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:I'm sure he will make a decent living out of football, but for all the hype, he isn't THAT good (yet) is he?

I think a lot of people are waiting on the next Wayne Rooney, but I think he will be more of a Leon Osman, which isn't that bad a thing, maybe he needs a season out on loan like Ossie had?

It just seems he has become some kind of wonderkid before actually doing anything.

I know what you mean, but to be honest, he's stronger than osman, and faster and more skillful. To be in Rooney's class he needs to score more goals... or at least one goal - he needs to be a game changer. Not sure he is at the minute, but hopefully that will come with more games. I know he is only young but I keep thinking that if you are good enough then you are old enough, so at the minute, he's good enough, but not great.
Sack the Juggler
Sack the Juggler

Number of posts : 25877
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://something-wild.org/gallery/Hotties3/aaa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next