606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka)

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka) - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka)

Post  Statman on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 12:02 am

Bluejags wrote:from the MOTD highlights the green shoots of Arteta are encouraging. And with plenty of mid to lower table opposition coming up, hopefully we can make an unlikely drive for 6th. Mikel stepping up to the plate.

But surely they have been our problem this season. affraid
Statman
Statman

Number of posts : 7091
Age : 57
Location : Northants
Registration date : 2005-12-08

Back to top Go down

Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka) - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 2:55 am

Got text updates from my wife since I was not able to watch the game, and then reading this thread, great to see we deserved the win. cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70136
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka) - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka)

Post  ToffeeDan on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 9:34 am

LOL Victor vs The Nolanderthal

_________________
Liverpoole Echo Sun 12 March 1234: Euerton celebrate another drubbing of ye Shoite - quaffing muche Ale (Ye Spellowe, Blacke Horse, Wims Lowe (upstairs)) and spliffs & oft singing new chant "1,2 - 1,2,3 - 1,2,3,4 - 5-Nil." Big Dunkane (Bird Keeper of Euerton) was, yet again, sent-off by Judge Polle for landing several blows at head of serf James of Carreggore & Red Shoite Stephen Meelaar, Squire of Hitune fame who wed Ladie of The Night Alexa de Curraine and is wont to fight pubbe minstrels, was given an earlie dunking in Ye Mere of Stanlee Parke for an elbough to face of local serf Hibbeyrt. After being given ye olde clothe of vinegar by Rath-Boyne Hibbeyrt returned to scoreth fifth & finale goale past Ye Flying Pigge Thomas of Lawrence in Parke Ende - a riot followed. Euerton: Weste, Hibbeyrt, Wilsone, La Boyne, Mountyfielde, Balle, Kendel, Harveigh, Fergusaine, Latcheford, Deen of Tran Mere
ToffeeDan
ToffeeDan

Number of posts : 20142
Age : 59
Location : Wirral
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.packers.com/

Back to top Go down

Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka) - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka)

Post  Armchair on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 11:01 am

[quote="Yankthattoffee"]
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
YAKUBLUE wrote:we should be outta sight by now,
you know what will happen next Mad

Yearh, we win!!!!

Again, Vic is more interested in looking to hold off the man every time he gets it, instead of moving it into space etc.
Looked like he was looking for Nolan the moment he came on.
So we continue to ask what Vic brings to a game, that Becks doesn't?

Couldn't see what Vic was trying to do after the whistle, other than Pip trying to drag him away towards our fans.

BTW I don't know if anyone commented earlier in this thread but Collocini's studs down Saha's calf was well bookable, and yet went unpunished.

Considering the number of changes to the line up, we looked solid when they tried their bullyboy-hoof-it tactics, and should have had a couple more goals for our goal difference. Arteta better out wide. Rodders played the stopper fairly well after Pip went off. J5 still not showing what I thought he would be good at.
2 good goals although I don't theink Leon meant the nutmeg goal.
All in all we showed good spirit, as has often been the case, when we adopt the 'problems, what problems?' appraoch.


I thought we played better when Pip when off. J5 is at least a bit more cultured on the ball and did a good job of closing down the Toon players.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 20298
Age : 40
Location : Hampshire
Registration date : 2006-06-01

http://www.heavyrotation.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka) - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka)

Post  RhinoJagz on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 1:42 pm

Statman wrote:
Bluejags wrote:from the MOTD highlights the green shoots of Arteta are encouraging. And with plenty of mid to lower table opposition coming up, hopefully we can make an unlikely drive for 6th. Mikel stepping up to the plate.

But surely they have been our problem this season. affraid

True, but with Arteta ACTUALLY starting to make a difference now in these types of games, maybe they might not be such a problem now!

_________________
The Liverpool was again a heartless equipment, without ideas nor criterion. A victim who died yesterday at the hands of her eternal rival, the Everton.
RhinoJagz
RhinoJagz

Number of posts : 26901
Age : 41
Location : Belfast Nord Iron
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka) - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka)

Post  Yankthattoffee on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 2:13 pm

Bluejags wrote:
Statman wrote:
Bluejags wrote:from the MOTD highlights the green shoots of Arteta are encouraging. And with plenty of mid to lower table opposition coming up, hopefully we can make an unlikely drive for 6th. Mikel stepping up to the plate.

But surely they have been our problem this season. affraid

True, but with Arteta ACTUALLY starting to make a difference now in these types of games, maybe they might not be such a problem now!

The extra space he found, was telling. Maybe he can start looking to bring Baines into play more often?
Ossie has been at his best since he reclaimed the wide spot from Bily.
Then there's Vic......

(Shyt, the Shyte just scored Evil or Very Mad )
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 6534
Age : 67
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka) - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka)

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire on Sun 06 Mar 2011, 2:15 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Bluejags wrote:
Statman wrote:
Bluejags wrote:from the MOTD highlights the green shoots of Arteta are encouraging. And with plenty of mid to lower table opposition coming up, hopefully we can make an unlikely drive for 6th. Mikel stepping up to the plate.

But surely they have been our problem this season. affraid

True, but with Arteta ACTUALLY starting to make a difference now in these types of games, maybe they might not be such a problem now!

The extra space he found, was telling. Maybe he can start looking to bring Baines into play more often?
Ossie has been at his best since he reclaimed the wide spot from Bily.
Then there's Vic......

(Shyt, the Shyte just scored Evil or Very Mad )
Twice. No
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 70136
Age : 47
Location : Denver, Colorado (via the west coast of Sweden)
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka) - Page 8 Empty Re: Newcastle U 1 Everton 2 (Osman, Jagielka)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum