606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

+34
Armchair
Bryan
VenezuelaBlue
Helenqu
Statman
RhinoJagz
anticipate_the_pass
Mr_Ben
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Blue gazza
ToffeeDan
Da Judge
Cahill the Great
Yankthattoffee
hairy cataract
WellOilBeefHooked
Sack the Juggler
Tonteau
Lumper
Hinchcliffe Corner
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Sheep Flavour
Michael Crosby S74
The President
BB
Kilted_Toffee
My other LB is a Ferrari
notepad
Valentino Blue
The Griffin
Albert
tadpole
SouthernSmugToffee
Barry Horne's Equaliser
38 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 3 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  Blue gazza Tue 21 Dec 2010, 9:53 pm

don't need him anyway Sad Sad
coleman is the biz

we need a goalscorer
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 3 Empty Re: Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally!

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 22 Dec 2010, 12:00 am

maybe he'll buy himself out of his contract? Or how about we loan Coleman to the Galaxy? Very Happy

Personally I think he's just trying to avoid an increase in child support.....
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 22 Dec 2010, 1:41 am

notepad wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Michael Crosby S74 wrote:http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2010/12/landon-donovan-forgo-loan-opportunities-ahead-2011-mls-season

That's the end of that then.
As much as it "hurts", it does make sense for him to take the time off after playing so much much during the last 2 years.

But an athlete's career is so short, you'd think they need to take any opportunity to show their potential?
True, but I suspect that he's getting some pressure from the Galaxy and in addition to that, it's no good to him to be run down when the MLS season starts.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74434

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Wed 22 Dec 2010, 7:55 am

From the BBC:

Donovan rules out Everton return

LA Galaxy lost in last season's Western Conference championship game
LA Galaxy captain Landon Donovan will not return for a second loan spell with Everton as he plans to use the Major League Soccer off-season to rest.

The 28-year-old scored two goals in 10 appearances while on loan with Everton earlier in 2010 and boss David Moyes had been keen to repeat the move.

But Donovan plans to prepare for the resumption of the MLS in March.

He said: "I feel it is important to continue to rest and recover this off-season as opposed to going on loan."

Donovan, the record goalscorer for the United States, played in the 2010 World Cup finals in South Africa in June before helping the Galaxy to the MLS Western Conference championship game in November, where they lost 3-0 to Dallas.

After playing more than 50 games this year he will now concentrate on pre-season training from January.

"I enjoyed my time at Everton last season and still appreciate all the support their fans have given me," he added.

"I never considered being loaned to a club other than Everton, but I have been playing nearly non-stop for the past two years and I believe that this decision will allow me to perform at my best for the Galaxy and the national team throughout the upcoming year.

"I look forward to rejoining my Galaxy team-mates for the start of pre-season training next month and beginning our quest for another MLS Cup championship."

The Griffin
The Griffin

Number of posts : 4994
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Wed 22 Dec 2010, 8:06 am

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2010/12/landon-donovan-forgo-loan-opportunities-ahead-2011-mls-season

That's the end of that then.
As much as it "hurts", it does make sense for him to take the time off after playing so much much during the last 2 years.

Ah, bless the little American cunt! He must be knackered, poor thing.

He gets 2-3 months off solid each of those last two years plus he doesn't do 8-9 hours 5-6 days every week for the other 9-10 months.

Think I'll have a word with my boss in a bit. I've been working for 33 years with a maximum of 30 working days off each year (1 month - recently increaded from 25 days due to lonnnnnng service) plus a few bank holidays. I need a rest and to prepare myself for the start of 2011.

Wanker! (Donovan)
The Griffin
The Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Wed 22 Dec 2010, 8:32 am

The Griffin wrote:
He gets 2-3 months off solid each of those last two years

How do you figure that? He's spent the entire USA closed season with Bayern in 2009 and then Us in 2010. That's 2 years solid training and playing... most players wouldn't even dream of doing that.
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Wed 22 Dec 2010, 9:14 am

Hinchcliffe Corner wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

How do you figure that? He's spent the entire USA closed season with Bayern in 2009 and then Us in 2010. That's 2 years solid training and playing... most players wouldn't even dream of doing that.

Does he train all day, every day? Did he play soccer every day for the short time he was at the WC? When USA were knocked out of the WC did he play for Galaxy again as soon as the plane landed? Did he play 90 minutes every game for us and Bayern?

As said on another thread, there's nothing in it for him to come on loan as no WC in 2011. In the previous 2 years he was just keeping himself fit for the WC qualifiers and the WC itself, not playing football for 2 years solid, so "Yes" he is a mercenary, 'soundbite', cunt! Very Happy

I'm not arsed whether he came, or not. Coleman is doing a cracking job. Just don't give it the "poor me, I'm tired". What a self-obsessed wanker (Donovan)!

As for 'playing continuously' for a number of years............... Tim Cahill............... I think it depends how much you want it (and whether or not you've got a sprog in the country you're going on loan to). Players like Cahill want it. Players like Donovan don't. Just say "I don't want to go on loan" instead of making it sound like "the hardest game in the world..."
The Griffin
The Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 22 Dec 2010, 9:35 am

The Griffin wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

Does he train all day, every day? Did he play soccer every day for the short time he was at the WC? When USA were knocked out of the WC did he play for Galaxy again as soon as the plane landed? Did he play 90 minutes every game for us and Bayern?

As said on another thread, there's nothing in it for him to come on loan as no WC in 2011. In the previous 2 years he was just keeping himself fit for the WC qualifiers and the WC itself, not playing football for 2 years solid, so "Yes" he is a mercenary, 'soundbite', cunt! Very Happy

I'm not arsed whether he came, or not. Coleman is doing a cracking job. Just don't give it the "poor me, I'm tired". What a self-obsessed wanker (Donovan)!

As for 'playing continuously' for a number of years............... Tim Cahill............... I think it depends how much you want it (and whether or not you've got a sprog in the country you're going on loan to). Players like Cahill want it. Players like Donovan don't. Just say "I don't want to go on loan" instead of making it sound like "the hardest game in the world..."

fair enough if he wants some time off. if he was a mercenary wouldnt he come for the extra money?
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Wed 22 Dec 2010, 9:59 am

It's ' her indoors ', nothing to do with the PR currently being broadcast by MLS and Lando.

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Wed 22 Dec 2010, 10:02 am

treblA wrote:
The Griffin wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

fair enough if he wants some time off. if he was a mercenary wouldnt he come for the extra money?

mercenary : adj :influenced by greed or desire for gain

his desire for gain was to stay fit for the WC qualifiers and the WC itself, ergo, he is a mercenary

Not everything is about money!
The Griffin
The Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 22 Dec 2010, 11:21 am

The Griffin wrote:
treblA wrote:
The Griffin wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

his desire for gain was to stay fit for the WC qualifiers and the WC itself, ergo, he is a mercenary

last season it was mutually beneficial, this season it isn't. doesnt make him a cunt Laughing
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Thu 23 Dec 2010, 11:47 am

as i said previously, its 'her indoors'

here m'lord is the evidence.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/1222_donovan.pdf

Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Thu 23 Dec 2010, 11:58 am

Bryan wrote:as i said previously, its 'her indoors'

Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 3 Bianca_kajlich_08
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Number of posts : 7380
Registration date : 2005-10-14

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 23 Dec 2010, 12:24 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:

why cant my bird look like that?
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Thu 23 Dec 2010, 12:25 pm

treblA wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

she can if you prin and cut out the above picture then stick it to her face.
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Thu 23 Dec 2010, 1:55 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

if she lost 2 stone she could at least have the body and the same coloured hair. that would be enough
Albert
Albert

Back to top Go down

Post  The Griffin Thu 23 Dec 2010, 2:59 pm

treblA wrote:
The Griffin wrote:
treblA wrote:
The Griffin wrote:
The Griffin wrote:

last season it was mutually beneficial, this season it isn't. doesnt make him a cunt Laughing

OK. How's about gobshite? Permission for that?
The Griffin
The Griffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 23 Dec 2010, 3:16 pm

treblA wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

if she lost 2 stone she could at least have the body and the same coloured hair. that would be enough

Well she's not going to know to change unless you tell her. Most women respond pretty well to this kind of appearance advice, I find.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  BB Thu 23 Dec 2010, 4:05 pm

Valentino Blue wrote:

She looks like she's constipated and trying to have a number 2. Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 3 Yahoo_34
BB
BB

Number of posts : 2456
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentino Blue Thu 23 Dec 2010, 4:06 pm

BB wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

She looks like she's constipated and trying to have a number 2. Landon Donovan - a Loan Again, naturally! - Page 3 Yahoo_34

whatever turns you on fella
Valentino Blue
Valentino Blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Thu 23 Dec 2010, 4:12 pm

Tonteau wrote:
treblA wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:
treblA wrote:
Valentino Blue wrote:

Well she's not going to know to change unless you tell her. Most women respond pretty well to this kind of appearance advice, I find.

lol! lol! lol! lol! Albert is too busy reading the FHM wondering why all women don't look like them.

Bryan

Back to top Go down

Post  notepad Fri 24 Dec 2010, 10:23 am

Maybe nothing but....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1341372/Landon-Donovan-reopens-Everton-debate-eye-opening-Twitter-discussion.html
notepad
notepad

Number of posts : 5167

http://blogs.soccernet.com/everton/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinchcliffe Corner Fri 24 Dec 2010, 10:49 am

Come on Landon, come home, you know it makes sense!
Hinchcliffe Corner
Hinchcliffe Corner

Number of posts : 2425
Registration date : 2006-01-27

http://www.phil-cooper.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 24 Dec 2010, 2:57 pm

notepad wrote:Maybe nothing but....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1341372/Landon-Donovan-reopens-Everton-debate-eye-opening-Twitter-discussion.html
Pretty much a non-story to fill a section of a paper.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74434

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Fri 24 Dec 2010, 8:52 pm

notepad wrote:Maybe nothing but....
Pretty much a non-story to fill a section of a paper.

it's the Daily Fail, non-stories are their strong suit.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next