606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

+52
My other LB is a Ferrari
Dixie Land
Knight of Thorgothshire
Yankthattoffee
Gravy & Chips
hairy cataract
Super
SEFTON
El Pablo
RhinoJagz
Goodison_Gringo
Tonteau
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
anticipate_the_pass
Blue gazza
Merseyblue
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Sack the Juggler
toffee_pies
SouthernSmugToffee
Statman
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Mr_Ben
Helenqu
Albert
WellOilBeefHooked
Cahill the Great
Michael Crosby S74
Lumper
ToffeeDan
Hinchcliffe Corner
fatboblatch
Kilted_Toffee
Bryan
MagicMike
The Griffin
Top Balcony Blue
Luka Perfect
Bluey
Sheep Flavour
Gazbow
paul
BB
Da Judge
Diamond
tadpole
Brummie No Mates
yankthetoffee
notepad
Valentino Blue
VenezuelaBlue
He's Our Tater Not Yours
56 posters

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 10 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Mr_Ben Sat 30 Apr 2011, 7:54 am

off to the shite for £10m, over DM's dead body according to DM
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 10 Empty Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad)

Post  Bryan Sat 30 Apr 2011, 2:46 pm

Mr_Ben wrote:off to the shite for £10m, over DM's dead body according to DM

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/04/30/everton-fc-boss-david-moyes-tells-liverpool-fc-leighton-baines-is-not-for-sale-100252-28609596/

£24m > i reckon

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 30 Apr 2011, 3:55 pm

Bryan wrote:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2011/04/30/everton-fc-boss-david-moyes-tells-liverpool-fc-leighton-baines-is-not-for-sale-100252-28609596/

£24m > i reckon
I think he has enough common sense to not go there. If he were to go, I would think Man Utd or Arsenal would be better options. Not that I want him to go of course.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74428
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cahill the Great Tue 03 May 2011, 8:38 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Bryan wrote:

£24m > i reckon
I think he has enough common sense to not go there. If he were to go, I would think Man Utd or Arsenal would be better options. Not that I want him to go of course.

Has been our best player this season. Didnt we recently sign him on a long term deal?
Cahill the Great
Cahill the Great

Number of posts : 3504
Registration date : 2006-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc( Ninetoes )blue Tue 03 May 2011, 9:38 pm

Cahill the Great wrote:
Bryan wrote:

£24m > i reckon

Has been our best player this season. Didnt we recently sign him on a long term deal?

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Five Year Deal...................................Very Happy
Doc( Ninetoes )blue
Doc( Ninetoes )blue

Number of posts : 2806
Registration date : 2005-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 15 May 2011, 8:31 am

City are also preparing an £18m offer for Everton full-back Leighton Baines.
Full story: Sunday People
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 15 May 2011, 9:22 am

Taken from the NOTW....

Arsenal are ready to fight Manchester City and Liverpool for Everton full-back Leighton Baines. With Gael Clichy looking likely to leave the Emirates in the summer, boss Arsene Wenger has set his sights on England international Baines. The Everton star has had an outstanding season but Arsenal face stiff competition for his signature. Goodison Park chiefs have already dismissed a £12.5m cash offer from City as derisory. But the ambitious Eastlands club are willing to go to £20m or more and to throw in former England left back Wayne Bridge into the deal.
Liverpool are also tracking Baines but the fact that Arsenal are even considering entering the battle suggests Wenger is willing to loosen the purse strings this year. Clichy came close to leaving for Italy last summer and has just a year left on his contract. The Emirates board would rather sell him than let him leave for nothing next year.
Everton boss Daivd Moyes has been told that he will have to sell to buy again this summer, but will not let Baines, 26, go on the cheap.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May 2011, 2:13 pm

Super wrote:Taken from the NOTW....

Arsenal are ready to fight Manchester City and Liverpool for Everton full-back Leighton Baines. With Gael Clichy looking likely to leave the Emirates in the summer, boss Arsene Wenger has set his sights on England international Baines. The Everton star has had an outstanding season but Arsenal face stiff competition for his signature. Goodison Park chiefs have already dismissed a £12.5m cash offer from City as derisory. But the ambitious Eastlands club are willing to go to £20m or more and to throw in former England left back Wayne Bridge into the deal.
Liverpool are also tracking Baines but the fact that Arsenal are even considering entering the battle suggests Wenger is willing to loosen the purse strings this year. Clichy came close to leaving for Italy last summer and has just a year left on his contract. The Emirates board would rather sell him than let him leave for nothing next year.
Everton boss Daivd Moyes has been told that he will have to sell to buy again this summer, but will not let Baines, 26, go on the cheap.
Hmmm, that's atough one. I really like Baines, as a player and as a person since he comes across as very professional and level headed. Now, if someone is willing to offer £20M+, and maybe a player in exchange, it sure would be difficult to turn that down. Or?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Sun 15 May 2011, 2:27 pm

Hmmm, that's atough one. I really like Baines, as a player and as a person since he comes across as very professional and level headed. Now, if someone is willing to offer £20M+, and maybe a player in exchange, it sure would be difficult to turn that down. Or?

Take Lescott back, and play him at leftack again next season plus £20m to buy a decent striker.. Very Happy

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May 2011, 2:46 pm

Bluejags wrote:

Take Lescott back, and play him at leftack again next season plus £20m to buy a decent striker.. Very Happy
lol! Sure, why not eh? He could make it up to the fans that way. lol!

With Baines still being young, he ought to have a very bright future ahead of him irregardless of where he plays. Very Happy
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sun 15 May 2011, 2:48 pm

Doc( Ninetoes )blue wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Bryan wrote:

£24m > i reckon

Re: 3: Leighton Baines - Five Year Deal...................................Very Happy
lol! lol! lol!
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 15 May 2011, 2:58 pm

YAKUBLUE wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Bryan wrote:

£24m > i reckon

lol! lol! lol!
Unfortunately contracts don't mean much these days. They just mean we can, possibly, get more money for a player.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 17 May 2011, 7:26 am

YAKUBLUE wrote:
Cahill the Great wrote:
Bryan wrote:

£24m > i reckon

lol! lol! lol!
Unfortunately contracts don't mean much these days. They just mean we can, possibly, get more money for a player.

This much perhaps?

Manchester City are planning a £25m bid for Everton's 26-year-old left-back Leighton Baines.
Full story: Daily Mirror

I think this story will appear daily over the summer.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Tue 17 May 2011, 8:37 am

Said story......

Manchester City have targeted Everton left-back Leighton Baines as the £25million first stage in their summer reboot. City chief Roberto Mancini spent 20 minutes with Eastlands chairman Kaldoon Al Mubarak in the Wembley corridors following Saturday’s FA Cup Final victory, and agreed on the need to continue improving the squad ahead of a Champions League campaign. England defender Baines is likely to be the start of the summer overhaul, with Mancini deciding he needs to beef up that part of his squad.

Aleksandr Kolarov has not pulled up many trees since his £16million arrival from Lazio, while Jerome Boateng has been linked with a return to the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich after just one season in England. Wayne Bridge will return to Eastlands at the end of his loan spell at relegated West Ham, but Baines is the priority and Everton’s financial position may hasten a deal.

The Merseysiders famously played hardball with City over the protracted and controversial £24m departure of defender Joleon Lescott two years ago. But Baines and Jack Rodwell are the Goodison Park outfit’s two most saleable assets, and with debts of £45m and a need to start making substantial repayments in the summer the former Wigan left-back could be the easiest to prise away.

Spurs and Arsenal have also signaled their interest in the 26-year-old, an ever-present for Everton this season who has now gained four caps under Fabio Capello and secured his status as Ashley Cole’s England understudy. But the Kirkby-born defender is understood to be keen to stay in his native north-west. While he is not in any way pushing for a move, Baines would be attracted by the prospect of playing Champions League football with the emerging force of the English game.

Mancini revealed the need to bolster his squad: “I don’t think we need a lot of new players but I do feel that, this year, we should take Tottenham as an example.
“Tottenham played in the Champions League until the quarter-finals and in the Premier League will be fifth or sixth. “It is difficult in the league if you do not have a big squad, so you can change six or seven players every game. If not, it is difficult to play in the Champions League.”
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38103
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 17 May 2011, 9:32 am

Dunno, can't really see Mancini buying him. Even setting aside my prejudices, Lescott IMO has looked out of his depth in that Citteh squad. Anyone who goes into Mancini's side needs to be of the highest quality at this stage. Baines is not the biggest ego, and we saw what happened when he was played alongside the likes of Gerrard for England - the Sky players always turn inside and don't trust Baines, so he never made any of his runs. Take the attacking side out of his game, and he's a pretty ordinary defender.

So I would say No to this rumour. Arsenal is slightly more likely, but they will never pay what we would ask and I doubt he would go there. How about Spurs, linking up with Baines? Fuck me, that would be some left-side. Harry can have him for £30m plus an extra £1m in a brown paper bag delivered to the Winslow.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25874

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 17 May 2011, 11:21 am

hairy cataract wrote:Dunno, can't really see Mancini buying him. Even setting aside my prejudices, Lescott IMO has looked out of his depth in that Citteh squad. Anyone who goes into Mancini's side needs to be of the highest quality at this stage. Baines is not the biggest ego, and we saw what happened when he was played alongside the likes of Gerrard for England - the Sky players always turn inside and don't trust Baines, so he never made any of his runs. Take the attacking side out of his game, and he's a pretty ordinary defender.

So I would say No to this rumour. Arsenal is slightly more likely, but they will never pay what we would ask and I doubt he would go there. How about Spurs, linking up with Baines? Fuck me, that would be some left-side. Harry can have him for £30m plus an extra £1m in a brown paper bag delivered to the Winslow.

As you say, City are the only ones who might be prepared to pay the sort of money that would interest Moyes (£20m+). I think he'd do well at Arse but they don't really need another defender who can't defender do they?
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 17 May 2011, 11:22 am

Armchair Evertonian wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Dunno, can't really see Mancini buying him. Even setting aside my prejudices, Lescott IMO has looked out of his depth in that Citteh squad. Anyone who goes into Mancini's side needs to be of the highest quality at this stage. Baines is not the biggest ego, and we saw what happened when he was played alongside the likes of Gerrard for England - the Sky players always turn inside and don't trust Baines, so he never made any of his runs. Take the attacking side out of his game, and he's a pretty ordinary defender.

As you say, City are the only ones who might be prepared to pay the sort of money that would interest Moyes (£20m+). I think he'd do well at Arse but they don't really need another defender who can't defender do they?

of course, I meant to say linking up with Bale not Baines.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25874

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 18 May 2011, 1:55 pm

Not for sale...

Number of posts : 41037

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:27 pm

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/80739/default.aspx?

Bizarre.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Sat 04 Jun 2011, 2:48 pm

i seriously hope i'm wrong here, but i heard a RUMOUR last night that baines is off to city for £26 million. as i said , i hope i'm wrong, 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 10 Confused
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 04 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

YAKUBLUE ( BA kovthenet ) wrote:i seriously hope i'm wrong here, but i heard a RUMOUR last night that baines is off to city for £26 million. as i said , i hope i'm wrong, 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 10 Confused
They need to increase that a bit and I suspect he'd be on his way. Crying or Very sad
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 04 Jun 2011, 5:03 pm

YAKUBLUE ( BA kovthenet ) wrote:i seriously hope i'm wrong here, but i heard a RUMOUR last night that baines is off to city for £26 million. as i said , i hope i'm wrong, 3: Leighton Baines - Hotter than Cole (sort ya hair out lad) - Page 10 Confused
They need to increase that a bit and I suspect he'd be on his way. Crying or Very sad
as soon as he leaves he'll all of a sudden be a 1st choice england player...

Number of posts : 41037

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 05 Jun 2011, 12:39 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
as soon as he leaves he'll all of a sudden be a 1st choice england player...
Funny how that works, eh...?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr_Ben Sun 05 Jun 2011, 6:44 am

Would be hard to turn that type of cash down for him
Mr_Ben
Mr_Ben

Number of posts : 18404
Registration date : 2005-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Barry Horne's Equaliser Sun 05 Jun 2011, 11:03 am

Mr_Ben wrote:

Would be hard to turn that type of cash down for him

Agreed. OK, full backs that get in so many crosses as Leighton are few and far between, but a lot of areas of the pitch could be addressed with that kind of money. The biggest problem with him leaving is that we already don't have a great deal of width, so ideally the money would need to be reinvested into wide forward thinking players.

If I were Moyes, I would bite their hands off if that was the level of the offer.

Number of posts : 13161
Registration date : 2005-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next