606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

+48
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
Armchair
Knight of Thorgothshire
Barry Horne's Equaliser
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
toffee_pies
Hinchcliffe Corner
Yankthattoffee
WellOilBeefHooked
Blue gazza
Mr_Ben
Statman
hairy cataract
SouthernSmugToffee
Goodison_Gringo
RhinoJagz
Sack the Juggler
anticipate_the_pass
ToffeeDan
Dixie Land
Tonteau
VenezuelaBlue
Lumper
fatboblatch
notepad
Bryan
He's Our Tater Not Yours
BB
Margate Blue
The Griffin
Kilted_Toffee
Bluey
yankthetoffee
MagicMike
Valentino Blue
Top Balcony Blue
Da Judge
Albert
Gravy & Chips
callmebubbles
Brummie No Mates
Riggy
Sheep Flavour
Ol' Mother Hibbert
tadpole
Diamond
MyBlueToothBrush
52 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Empty Re: 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Post  Bluey Tue 15 Dec 2009, 8:28 pm

After the FA cup final I have zero time for him. If he plays midweek then he will take a club record. It is a fucking disgrace that he does, but for a squad player I am pleased for him. He is shite, and all his playing time at Everton is about playing squad players like him. We all know what Hibbert is, but sadly that is where we are. Tonts is right, the fact we are in this position for Hibbo is fair enough, because we have excelled, the fact that Hibbo starts in it is a very poor show. I just wish he would go. Even as a squad player now, even though we have used and needed him I just feel we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Bluey
Bluey

Number of posts : 23509
Registration date : 2005-12-07

Back to top Go down

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Empty Re: 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!!

Post  callmebubbles Tue 15 Dec 2009, 8:55 pm

He has all the attributes you would want from any player who turns out for your club. Loyal, hard-working, gives 100% and just gets on with it without any frills.

Only thing he lacks is any talent. It's a shame, but he really is shit. I totally disagree with the 'excelled at CB' comments. He's as dedicated, and shite, there as anywhere else. We've leaked goals and he's made loads of mistakes.

Not good enough for the prem, IMO, but would be a good championship battler.

I like the bloke but not good enough for the blue, for me.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Dixie Land Tue 15 Dec 2009, 8:56 pm

Bluey and Bubbles agree on something..... Shocked Shocked Shocked

It must be Christmas. cheers
Dixie Land
Dixie Land

Number of posts : 20992
Registration date : 2006-01-07

http://www.myspace.com/dixieland1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Tue 15 Dec 2009, 8:59 pm

callmebubbles wrote:He has all the attributes you would want from any player who turns out for your club. Loyal, hard-working, gives 100% and just gets on with it without any frills.

Only thing he lacks is any talent. It's a shame, but he really is shit. I totally disagree with the 'excelled at CB' comments. He's as dedicated, and shite, there as anywhere else. We've leaked goals and he's made loads of mistakes.

He is good enough for the prem, the bottom 12 of it which ironically we are still in.
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 15 Dec 2009, 9:07 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:He has all the attributes you would want from any player who turns out for your club. Loyal, hard-working, gives 100% and just gets on with it without any frills.

He is good enough for the prem, the bottom 12 of it which ironically we are still in.
As a squad player I think he's good. However, he shouldn't be starting many games for us, which he clearly has been. Solid tackler, technically ungifted.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Tue 15 Dec 2009, 9:12 pm

Dixie Land wrote:Bluey and Bubbles agree on something..... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Like for example, a good but fortunate result at Stamford Bridge. 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Icon_cheers
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Tue 15 Dec 2009, 9:13 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Dixie Land wrote:Bluey and Bubbles agree on something..... Shocked Shocked Shocked

Like for example, a good but fortunate result at Stamford Bridge. 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Icon_cheers

I'd definitely take a point there!!!! Very Happy

But not in the Brum game.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Tue 15 Dec 2009, 9:19 pm

callmebubbles wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:

I think it is a must win too, our form is improving and we have enough squad to beat these. Their recent tactics are not rocket science. I think this is a 2-1/ 3-1 result to us on paper. But as always it is on the day. I actually don't fancy the thought of a draw or worse. Moyes for all is his charms is very nervous about the team still in the interviews...
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Tue 15 Dec 2009, 9:29 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:

I think it is a must win too, our form is improving and we have enough squad to beat these. Their recent tactics are not rocket science. I think this is a 2-1/ 3-1 result to us on paper. But as always it is on the day. I actually don't fancy the thought of a draw or worse. Moyes for all is his charms is very nervous about the team still in the interviews...

...I think we all are. The defence look soooooo shaky that it's difficult to be confident. But if Louis remains fit, we should have enough to beat Brum. Shouldn't we?
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Tue 15 Dec 2009, 9:42 pm

callmebubbles wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:

...I think we all are. The defence look soooooo shaky that it's difficult to be confident. But if Louis remains fit, we should have enough to beat Brum. Shouldn't we?

It's a big thing losing our defence, Jags isn't going to be back for quite a while, but I sense that the fans are back behind the team again and at home it is a massive thing. Last year the mantra was keep a clean sheet and we can win, at the moment it is more like we have to score more to win. Moyes thought before the Chelsea game we where in for a hiding, the signs were blatant. Payback for two results. It doesn't always work like that and for sure we did get fortunate twice, but we also could have taken that game. too.

This week we need to be at them, with the same intensity. If we do that we will win. Rafa can't buy the intensity we are showing and that to me is the biggest difference between the two clubs at the moment albeit both are struggling.
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  RhinoJagz Tue 15 Dec 2009, 10:05 pm

Blueyaletdinov wrote:After the FA cup final I have zero time for him. If he plays midweek then he will take a club record. It is a fucking disgrace that he does, but for a squad player I am pleased for him. He is shite, and all his playing time at Everton is about playing squad players like him. We all know what Hibbert is, but sadly that is where we are. Tonts is right, the fact we are in this position for Hibbo is fair enough, because we have excelled, the fact that Hibbo starts in it is a very poor show. I just wish he would go. Even as a squad player now, even though we have used and needed him I just feel we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Sustained Attack on Hapless Fullback of the Year award! cheers

Hibbo will be grateful that Ossie is back this week!

Number of posts : 26901
Registration date : 2006-01-22

http://www.cardboardboxes.ie/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Tue 15 Dec 2009, 10:11 pm

Coleman's mustard wrote:
Blueyaletdinov wrote:After the FA cup final I have zero time for him. If he plays midweek then he will take a club record. It is a fucking disgrace that he does, but for a squad player I am pleased for him. He is shite, and all his playing time at Everton is about playing squad players like him. We all know what Hibbert is, but sadly that is where we are. Tonts is right, the fact we are in this position for Hibbo is fair enough, because we have excelled, the fact that Hibbo starts in it is a very poor show. I just wish he would go. Even as a squad player now, even though we have used and needed him I just feel we are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Lol My time is done with Hibbo, stab my eye with pins first. I like Ossie but like Hibbo he is a squad player. Stab the the other eye if you must. Where's ossie when you need him, eh, eh?
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy & Chips Tue 15 Dec 2009, 11:41 pm

Yeah imagine it hey?, getting unfairly booked in the 6th minute and having no cover from Ossie whatsoever. Goes off at half time with the scores level but it's still Hibbert's fault we lost the final, irrespective if Lescott decided not to mark Drogba for the first 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Doh
Gravy & Chips
Gravy & Chips

Number of posts : 13355
Registration date : 2005-10-16

http://www.break.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Tue 15 Dec 2009, 11:45 pm

I think 'cult hero' fits hibbo a little better than 'legend'.

Also 2nd what G&C said re: bluey's post. We're a weak side, especially down the right.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15993
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 16 Dec 2009, 12:39 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Coleman's mustard wrote:

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Lol My time is done with Hibbo, stab my eye with pins first. I like Ossie but like Hibbo he is a squad player. Stab the the other eye if you must. Where's ossie when you need him, eh, eh?
Ossie is great against teams that are no better than us and goes totally AWOL when we play the top clubs. I can't recall the last good game he had against a top side.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74408
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 16 Dec 2009, 1:46 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Legend is a bit over the top when talking about Hibbert. Now, he's a local lad, and has been faithful by staying, so in that gerard he should be congratulated.

ABSOLUTELY the Freudian slip of the year..... Someone is making a late run for funniest poster...... Very Happy
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Number of posts : 17435
Registration date : 2006-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Wed 16 Dec 2009, 8:56 am

Mate, you're writing off a player for one game? fucking hell. He was outstanding the season we qualified for the CL, he has been steady, if not consistent, you at least know what to expect from him, he has filled in at CB this season and has been consistent, if not impressive - i can't believe this post, really?

Go where? it's very,very rare to get a player who WANTS to play for a club he has grown up in( Giggs?,scholes?)

I'm flabbergasted by this!!

Bryan

Number of posts : 14338
Registration date : 2006-01-30

http://www.nba.com/heat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Albert Wed 16 Dec 2009, 9:12 am

Blueyaletdinov wrote:
Coleman's mustard wrote:

a little harsh bluey, hibbo is an honest, solid player and we need lads like him in the squad. note i said squad, not first team.
Albert
Albert

Number of posts : 15653
Registration date : 2006-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Bluey Wed 16 Dec 2009, 9:18 am

Bryan wrote:

Mate, you're writing off a player for one game? fucking hell. He was outstanding the season we qualified for the CL, he has been steady, if not consistent, you at least know what to expect from him, he has filled in at CB this season and has been consistent, if not impressive - i can't believe this post, really?

Go where? it's very,very rare to get a player who WANTS to play for a club he has grown up in( Giggs?,scholes?)

I'm flabbergasted by this!!

Bryan, I am not, since he got married and picked up that stomach bug he has been poor. At his best he is a solid defender, but for whatever reason we have not seen the same kind of form or anything like. I ain't slagging his desire or work rate for the club, he do anything for it but he doesn't have the ability. You can't progress if your first XI includes someone like Hibbert. He can't even cross a ball, his pass completion is poor and he's 27.
Bluey
Bluey

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 16 Dec 2009, 9:51 am

I actually like the guy, he has a lot to like about him. Perhaps his only failing is that as the role of fullback has changed and evolved over the last few seasons, Hibbo has struggled to come to terms with it. If we start from scratch, too many of the "good" fullbacks fail in the basics. I always selected my FB to be able to defend - to nullify the opposing wide midfielder. IN this regard Hibbo on his day is one of the better players in the position. THe Cup Final will be a haunting memory for the lad if only because he was severely handicapped by the early (and possibly unnecessarily harsh) yellow card. His options to take the risk were stilted and the rest was history.

Be that as it may, Hibbert has generally a decent record of playing notable wide men. He struggled against Young from Villa, but against some of the others he has done performed decently. If Moyes decides that we need to have a more crusading FB almost a quasi winger then fine, I would agree there are better balanced players, however we would then have another problem that the wide midfielder has got to be cuter at dropping back to allow cover. Both Arteta and Osman have some questions to answer in this regard. I do have worries about Billy's work rate coming back. All of which means that Hibbert can sometimes appear to be left out to dry.

He is and always has been a great servant, he does his shift without complaint - and takes one for the team. I would rather the likes of him rather a buch of Insua/Arbeloa and the rest.

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9785
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 16 Dec 2009, 9:55 am

I know one of Hibbo's family members so I've got a lot of time for him, but at the end of the day we need better in that position. We've known this for a while, but nobody has come in (either as a signing or through the ranks) to displace him. Still think he's got a place in the squad as opposed to be binned off completely. At the very least you're gonna get 100% from him in every game he plays.
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 16 Dec 2009, 12:15 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:I know one of Hibbo's family members so I've got a lot of time for him, but at the end of the day we need better in that position. We've known this for a while, but nobody has come in (either as a signing or through the ranks) to displace him. Still think he's got a place in the squad as opposed to be binned off completely. At the very least you're gonna get 100% from him in every game he plays.

Au contraire, I think both Heitinga* and Neill, especially Neill are here as Hibbo's replacement, and Coleman is breathing down his neck. SO we have possibly 4 in that role. I'm more concerned about lack of depth in the other three back positions and especially cover for Baines.

Neither Hibbo or Baines get skinned by old style dribblers, they tend to lose out to the kick and rush types.

* okay Heitinga is possibly Pip/Carsleys replacement.
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  Top Balcony Blue Wed 16 Dec 2009, 12:20 pm

duffyyercarmister? wrote:
Top Balcony Blue wrote:I know one of Hibbo's family members so I've got a lot of time for him, but at the end of the day we need better in that position. We've known this for a while, but nobody has come in (either as a signing or through the ranks) to displace him. Still think he's got a place in the squad as opposed to be binned off completely. At the very least you're gonna get 100% from him in every game he plays.

Au contraire, I think both Heitinga* and Neill, especially Neill are here as Hibbo's replacement, and Coleman is breathing down his neck. SO we have possibly 4 in that role. I'm more concerned about lack of depth in the other three back positions and especially cover for Baines.

Neither Hibbo or Baines get skinned by old style dribblers, they tend to lose out to the kick and rush types.

* okay Heitinga is possibly Pip/Carsleys replacement.

Heittinga is rubbish at right back. Neill looked good at Bolton in that position but we don't know who Moyes prefers and he was hardly a major transfer target during the summer was he? Coleman will hopefully come through but its still early days, look who he favoured at Chelsea. Erm, so yeah my point still stands 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Action-2
Top Balcony Blue
Top Balcony Blue

Number of posts : 9812
Registration date : 2005-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mindyerEnvelopeRef? Wed 16 Dec 2009, 12:31 pm

Top Balcony Blue wrote:....Erm, so yeah my point still stands 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Action-2

Hence the * .......2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Icon_clown
mindyerEnvelopeRef?
mindyerEnvelopeRef?

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernSmugToffee Wed 16 Dec 2009, 4:35 pm

Moyes has made him captain for the game tomorrow!

2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Bowdown 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Bowdown 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Bowdown 2: Tony Hibbert - He Scores When He Wants!! - Page 4 Bowdown
SouthernSmugToffee
SouthernSmugToffee

Number of posts : 3935
Registration date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next