606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brighton and Hove Albion V Everton

+3
Rotterdam 1985
Knight of Thorgothshire
Yankthattoffee2
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brighton and Hove Albion V Everton Empty Brighton and Hove Albion V Everton

Post  Yankthattoffee2 Wed 21 Feb 2024, 10:48 pm

I'll take the Palace game as a point gained and try opening this post.
OK, so the Shyte had us worried until half time. Nice dent in Luton's GD.
So off to Hove we go.
We've had some wild games in recent years. Methinks, here comes another one, with us besting a multi=goal treat.
We need to get the general feeling of lethargy out of our systems. It pervaded all around GP on Monday, on and off the field.
SD should have a fit squad and reinstate Harrison and anyone else who can pay RB other than Young/Godfrey. Get some fire up their arses and tell his backroom boys to practice triangles and tricky tacky. We;; at least our version of it. Get a hypnotist to work of DCL.
COYBs
Yankthattoffee2
Yankthattoffee2

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2023-10-30

Back to top Go down

Brighton and Hove Albion V Everton Empty Re: Brighton and Hove Albion V Everton

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 21 Feb 2024, 11:29 pm

I think a lot of us have said for a long time "Surely DCL is due some goals soon", but it just hasn't happened. Pretty amazing really.

Not sure that Beto is that much better of an option though. And god knows when Chirmiti will score a goal for us. He was arguably, at least so far, a lot of money spent on a player who has made very little impact on our fortunes.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 22 Feb 2024, 1:47 am

Yankthattoffee2 wrote:I'll take the Palace game as a point gained and try opening this post.
So off to Hove we go.
We've had some wild games in recent years. Methinks, here comes another one, with us besting a multi=goal treat.
We need to get the general feeling of lethargy out of our systems. It pervaded all around GP on Monday, on and off the field.
SD should have a fit squad and reinstate Harrison and anyone else who can pay RB other than Young/Godfrey. Get some fire up their arses and tell his backroom boys to practice triangles and tricky tacky. We;; at least our version of it. Get a hypnotist to work of DCL.
COYBs

It's not even Hove. It's in Falmer, a brownfield splat adjacent to the A27 on the way to Lewes. The Uni of Sussex is in Falmer. That's one of the Uni's that my youngest lad REJECTED when we were doing his open days. Too middle class, he informed me. He wanted grime and grease and strange accents and back yards full of rats and murder victims. Which is why he ended up in Leeds.

What's weird about that though, is that he's absolutely middle class in every other way possible. Especially cooking. You can't just stick some lamb cutlets into the slow cooker when he's around, oh no. You have to sear them first. You can't just make a curry with powdered spices, you have to roast whole spices first, and then grind them for hours like you've got all the time in the world to play with. Which he has, the unemployed layabout. He's a good cook mind you, fair play to him.

I'm appalled at how middle class my kids are. They've taken their firebrand left wing politics from me, and absolutely everything else from their South Bucks-born mother. They don't even fart out loud. What's all that about? It's only me and the dog who are happy - nay, proud - to emit wind around here. No apologies, it's my house, I'll fart when I want.

Anyway, we're going to fuck these fuckers. 11-3. DCL (5), Duke (4), Harrison (2), Beto (2), Chermiti (6) and Hibbert for us. A garbage-time Jimmy Melia hat-trick for them.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14841
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 22 Feb 2024, 7:29 am

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I think a lot of us have said for a long time "Surely DCL is due some goals soon", but it just hasn't happened. Pretty amazing really.

Not sure that Beto is that much better of an option though. And god knows when Chirmiti will score a goal for us. He was arguably, at least so far, a lot of money spent on a player who has made very little impact on our fortunes.
surely we need to give Beto a start & bench DCL... what we really need is an in form deep lying striker like...... Maupeydick Embarassed

Number of posts : 41037

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 22 Feb 2024, 8:48 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee2 wrote:I'll take the Palace game as a point gained and try opening this post.
So off to Hove we go.
COYBs

It's not even Hove. It's in Falmer, a brownfield splat adjacent to the A27 on the way to Lewes. The Uni of Sussex is in Falmer. That's one of the Uni's that my youngest lad REJECTED when we were doing his open days. Too middle class, he informed me. He wanted grime and grease and strange accents and back yards full of rats and murder victims. Which is why he ended up in Leeds.

What's weird about that though, is that he's absolutely middle class in every other way possible. Especially cooking. You can't just stick some lamb cutlets into the slow cooker when he's around, oh no. You have to sear them first. You can't just make a curry with powdered spices, you have to roast whole spices first, and then grind them for hours like you've got all the time in the world to play with. Which he has, the unemployed layabout. He's a good cook mind you, fair play to him.

I'm appalled at how middle class my kids are. They've taken their firebrand left wing politics from me, and absolutely everything else from their South Bucks-born mother. They don't even fart out loud. What's all that about? It's only me and the dog who are happy - nay, proud - to emit wind around here. No apologies, it's my house, I'll fart when I want.

Anyway, we're going to fuck these fuckers. 11-3. DCL (5), Duke (4), Harrison (2), Beto (2), Chermiti (6) and Hibbert for us. A garbage-time Jimmy Melia hat-trick for them.

I've been to the Brighton ground a few times. It's like you're in the country out there. And they are very polite. Very white too. Mind you, so are we. I can't remember when I last saw a "person of colour" in the home ground at Goodison. Anyway, the UofS is indeed very middle class, but your lad could have chosen University of Brighton which also has its halls out by the ground. I mean, it's a shit uni - my mate was a lecturer there and even he said it was a bit shit - but probably marginally less middle class. One of my daughters went to the Uni of Liverpool, and her mates there thought she was pretty much aristocracy because she spoke with a long A and didn't go the Aldi in her curlers. Anyone who wants a proper northern working class uni should put Liverpool top of their list. Leeds is full of privately educated Tarquins and Arabellas, which probably would have suited my daughter better, but at least she got to live with the common people for three years. She's vowed never to go north of Hampstead again though, she's served her time.

Anyway, Brighton. We'll win this one 1-0, an early goal off the arse of Branthwaite and then hang on grimly for 89 minutes. What fun.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 22 Feb 2024, 12:51 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
So off to Hove we go.
COYBs

I've been to the Brighton ground a few times. It's like you're in the country out there.  And they are very polite.  Very white too.  Mind you, so are we.  I can't remember when I last saw a "person of colour" in the home ground at Goodison.  Anyway, the UofS is indeed very middle class, but your lad could have chosen University of Brighton which also has its halls out by the ground.  I mean, it's a shit uni - my mate was a lecturer there and even he said it was a bit shit - but probably marginally less middle class.  One of my daughters went to the Uni of Liverpool, and her mates there thought she was pretty much aristocracy because she spoke with a long A and didn't go the Aldi in her curlers.  Anyone who wants a proper northern working class uni should put Liverpool top of their list.  Leeds is full of privately educated Tarquins and Arabellas, which probably would have suited my daughter better, but at least she got to live with the common people for three years.  She's vowed never to go north of Hampstead again though, she's served her time.

Anyway, Brighton.  We'll win this one 1-0, an early goal off the arse of Branthwaite and then hang on grimly for 89 minutes.  What fun.

I saw an Asian guy in the crowd at GP on Monday, and was moved to point him out to my lad. It's that rare.

Leeds was indeed full of Tarquins and Arabellas - most of his Uni mates have millionaire parents, it seems. His girlfriend, who he met up there, is massively middle class, from East Finchley, but she's lovely and so are her folks so that's OK.

His Uni experience was, therefore, an obvious mix of the sons and daughters of millionaires on the one hand, and rugby league-following northern types on the other. He wasn't bowled over by the average denizen of Leeds, to be honest. He wasn't that impressed. Too parochial. He said that Leeds made Milton Keynes feel like an oasis of inclusivity and sophistication. And remember that being on London's doorstep, my kids think MK is an absolute backwater in comparison to the big city down the road. So he'll be shacking up with Miss East Finchley after she graduates in the summer, and they'll probably move to Manchester. Clearly he still wants the grime and the grease, but Leeds was just too grimy and greasy for him. And she'll end up in some kind of career related to arts or the media, so if you can't afford London then Manchester it is.

I'm very fond of Brighton as a place, had many happy nights down there due to it being the home town of one of my bezzies. It's a shame, in a way, what we're going to do to their football team this weekend, for the second year running. They don't deserve that pain. I've revised my prediction up to 13-4. Every time DCL touches the ball, it's going in.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 22 Feb 2024, 4:01 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
So off to Hove we go.
COYBs

I've been to the Brighton ground a few times. It's like you're in the country out there.  And they are very polite.  Very white too.  Mind you, so are we.  I can't remember when I last saw a "person of colour" in the home ground at Goodison.  Anyway, the UofS is indeed very middle class, but your lad could have chosen University of Brighton which also has its halls out by the ground.  I mean, it's a shit uni - my mate was a lecturer there and even he said it was a bit shit - but probably marginally less middle class.  One of my daughters went to the Uni of Liverpool, and her mates there thought she was pretty much aristocracy because she spoke with a long A and didn't go the Aldi in her curlers.  Anyone who wants a proper northern working class uni should put Liverpool top of their list.  Leeds is full of privately educated Tarquins and Arabellas, which probably would have suited my daughter better, but at least she got to live with the common people for three years.  She's vowed never to go north of Hampstead again though, she's served her time.

Anyway, Brighton.  We'll win this one 1-0, an early goal off the arse of Branthwaite and then hang on grimly for 89 minutes.  What fun.

I saw an Asian guy in the crowd at GP on Monday, and was moved to point him out to my lad. It's that rare.

Leeds was indeed full of Tarquins and Arabellas - most of his Uni mates have millionaire parents, it seems. His girlfriend, who he met up there, is massively middle class, from East Finchley, but she's lovely and so are her folks so that's OK.

His Uni experience was, therefore, an obvious mix of the sons and daughters of millionaires on the one hand, and rugby league-following northern types on the other. He wasn't bowled over by the average denizen of Leeds, to be honest. He wasn't that impressed. Too parochial. He said that Leeds made Milton Keynes feel like an oasis of inclusivity and sophistication. And remember that being on London's doorstep, my kids think MK is an absolute backwater in comparison to the big city down the road. So he'll be shacking up with Miss East Finchley after she graduates in the summer, and they'll probably move to Manchester. Clearly he still wants the grime and the grease, but Leeds was just too grimy and greasy for him. And she'll end up in some kind of career related to arts or the media, so if you can't afford London then Manchester it is.

I'm very fond of Brighton as a place, had many happy nights down there due to it being the home town of one of my bezzies. It's a shame, in a way, what we're going to do to their football team this weekend, for the second year running. They don't deserve that pain. I've revised my prediction up to 13-4. Every time DCL touches the ball, it's going in.

My mum lives in East Finchley! I'm not saying your son is shagging my ma like, but you have to agree its a hell of a coincidence.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 22 Feb 2024, 5:48 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
So off to Hove we go.
COYBs

My mum lives in East Finchley!  I'm not saying your son is shagging my ma like, but you have to agree its a hell of a coincidence.

Maybe they know each other? Might share the same therapist or pilates tutor or something.

If it is your ma then she looks really good for her age, but I have to say someone of that age shouldn't have so many tattoos.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 23 Feb 2024, 11:01 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
So off to Hove we go.
COYBs

My mum lives in East Finchley!  I'm not saying your son is shagging my ma like, but you have to agree its a hell of a coincidence.

Maybe they know each other? Might share the same therapist or pilates tutor or something.

If it is your ma then she looks really good for her age, but I have to say someone of that age shouldn't have so many tattoos.

I've had a word with her but, to be honest, it's the piercings that worry me the most - I'm not sure why a woman of 93 would want silver studs in places like that.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 23 Feb 2024, 1:38 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
So off to Hove we go.
COYBs

I've had a word with her but, to be honest, it's the piercings that worry me the most - I'm not sure why a woman of 93 would want silver studs in places like that.

Yeah my lad showed me some pics, they look weird.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Feb 2024, 2:03 pm

UTFT - FTPL

Brighton and Hove Albion V Everton Captu295

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 24 Feb 2024, 3:53 pm

Brighton played some lovely stuff, but thankfully we were able to put a stop to that and turn the match into the kind of turgid anti-football that suits us.

Fuck me, we are poor. Never has a squad been so worthy of the term "journeyman" than ours this season. Horrible to watch. I blame the PL - if we had our full points, we'd be able to play the kind of expansive, free flowing football that our players are so capable of... uh, maybe not.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Feb 2024, 4:35 pm

JArrrroooodddddddd cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Feb 2024, 4:36 pm

Woooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Feb 2024, 4:41 pm

Red card cheers cheers cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Feb 2024, 4:43 pm

Gilmour off Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Feb 2024, 4:44 pm

Ama injured though Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Feb 2024, 4:53 pm

9 minutes of Premier League time.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Feb 2024, 4:54 pm

Armchair wrote:9 minutes of Premier League time.
Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Feb 2024, 4:56 pm

fucking hell

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Feb 2024, 4:56 pm

Fuck
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 24 Feb 2024, 5:03 pm

Ugh, frustrating. But we'd have taken a point before kick off, and better teams than us will lose at the Amex. So, on balance, a point gained.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Feb 2024, 5:03 pm

good point.. especially when yo look at the stats below...
but very irritating that we couldn't hold out against ten men for all 3 points

Brighton and Hove Albion V Everton Captu297

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 24 Feb 2024, 5:05 pm

Forest losing is good... but I'd have preferred a Bumley win against Palarse

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 24 Feb 2024, 5:06 pm

FUcking hell, could have really done with the three points, but must admit I thought we were going to get a spanking in the first 20 minutes. Still, the misery continues.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next