606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton vs Brighton

+4
Armchair
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
Tonteau
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Everton vs Brighton - Page 2 Empty Re: Everton vs Brighton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 04 Nov 2023, 5:59 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Armchair wrote:Brighton's Pascal Gross: "We were the better team for the whole 90 minutes. We tried to play active football. We came here to play football. They played for a result from the first minute. We approached the game differently. I'm proud of the boys for keep going."

Everton vs Brighton - Page 2 Countdow

He can fuck off. We had this with Martinez. What's the point of all that possession if you only end up drawing with a team you're being condescending about after the game?

"They played for a result from the first minute" - yeah, what's wrong with that? Knob.

Anyway, I feel a bit disappointed that we only drew with Brighton. That in itself is another little reminder that we're making progress.

Maybe it requires successive relegation battles for us to be more prosaic about such matters. I too consider myself something of a football purist when times are good, I like to see good football being played. But we cannot afford beauty contest stuff right now, we're having to battle. I think Pascal Gross should be querying why they made so little use of 80% possession (as we used to under Bobby) rather than bemoaning the playing style of the opposition.
Gross can go fuck himself .. he's not a great manager.. he's lucky that he's employed by a well run entity... that's all.

He'll be as shit as Potter was when they finally bin him or he fucks off because he thinks he's great
Everton vs Brighton - Page 2 Buttkick Everton vs Brighton - Page 2 Jerkit

Number of posts : 41045
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 04 Nov 2023, 6:07 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Armchair wrote:Brighton's Pascal Gross: "We were the better team for the whole 90 minutes. We tried to play active football. We came here to play football. They played for a result from the first minute. We approached the game differently. I'm proud of the boys for keep going."

He can fuck off. We had this with Martinez. What's the point of all that possession if you only end up drawing with a team you're being condescending about after the game?

"They played for a result from the first minute" - yeah, what's wrong with that? Knob.

Anyway, I feel a bit disappointed that we only drew with Brighton. That in itself is another little reminder that we're making progress.

Maybe it requires successive relegation battles for us to be more prosaic about such matters. I too consider myself something of a football purist when times are good, I like to see good football being played. But we cannot afford beauty contest stuff right now, we're having to battle. I think Pascal Gross should be querying why they made so little use of 80% possession (as we used to under Bobby) rather than bemoaning the playing style of the opposition.
Gross can go fuck himself .. he's not a great manager.. he's lucky that he's employed by a well run entity... that's all.

He'll be as shit as Potter was when they finally bin him or he fucks off because he thinks he's great

When did they sack De Zerbe? Gross is their average midfielder no? Anyway what he said was Gross... I'll get my coat

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 04 Nov 2023, 6:11 pm

Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

When did they sack De Zerbe? Gross is their average midfielder no? Anyway what he said was Gross... I'll get my coat
haha well spotted .. I was just registering in mind that bthe manager had said that Very Happy lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 04 Nov 2023, 6:12 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

haha well spotted .. I was just registering in mind that bthe manager had said that Very Happy  lol
gross misjudgemnet .. and I'm a bit Everton vs Brighton - Page 2 Smiley_a
Everton vs Brighton - Page 2 F_laugh

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 04 Nov 2023, 6:19 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Da Judge wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

haha well spotted .. I was just registering in mind that bthe manager had said that Very Happy  lol
gross misjudgemnet .. and I'm a bit Everton vs Brighton - Page 2 Smiley_a
Everton vs Brighton - Page 2 F_laugh

Very Happy

I can imagine de Zerbi saying the same thing though. In fact it's more understandable (although no less irritating) when a manager comes out with this "only one team wanted to play football" bollocks - managers, after all, are always talking to their directors in their post-game interviews, they have their job to protect and therefore need to divert attention from the fact that they had 80% possession but didn't win.

It's more baffling when a player comes out with this shit. It's just a deflecting tactic, a form of cognitive dissonance. When alone with his thoughts, Gross will also be thinking "how shit was that? 80% possession and we didn't win".

Fuck 'em. We have our own problems and our own battles to fight, and we'll do that however we see fit. Dogs of War. Brighton, credit to them, don't have our issues. So we're playing different forms of the game at the moment. Gross should understand that and, I think, he actually probably does. It's actually a bit of a shame he's said this because I admire Brighton so much, they're usually all class in everything they do.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14843
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 04 Nov 2023, 6:58 pm

Yes, Gross is a knobhead. That must be why after grabbing an equaliser with less than 10 minutes to go, they spent the next 5 or 6 minutes passing it between themselves in defence.

I thought we were almost excellent today. It just wasn't quite working everytime we broke them down and countered. Too many wrong choices. It was pretty much the same plan that we used when we tonked them 1-5 last season. On another day we would have won by 3 or 4.

I don't understand Dyche waiting until 89 mins to make the substitutions, or why he kept Young on for so long. Brighton only ever looked dangerous through Mitoma on their left.

It was also nice to see Gana playing well.

Still, I thought we got lucky with the VAR call for their goal so probably a fair result. Disappointed we didn't hold out, but all in all a decent point.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 04 Nov 2023, 8:28 pm

Didn’t watch the game so hard to offer much by way of analysis. Radio seemed to think we decent shout for a penalty on Dom. Bit galling to have an 84th minute own goal deflect in off a 38year old who played 90 minutes on Wednesday and the same again today. Sounded like Young was largely good, but Dyche could have subbed him well before he did. Having said that, the greatest thing that can be said about Sean Dyche is that I now no longer dread Saturdays on account of Everton. And that in itself is progess.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 05 Nov 2023, 1:21 am

I was happy, relieved, satisfied when the final whistle blew. Brighton with the vast vast majority of possession, but they created very little in the end. I bet though that our players could barely walk to their cars after the showers after the game was over. They ran and battled like crazy.

Having said that, we'll be well knackered by mid-season if we keep on chasing the ball like that. It's simply not sustainable.

Brighton can be a very good team if they get that midfield general who can unlock defenses better. All this passing the ball around with loads of one touch passes was impressive, but they created so little for all that possession.

In the end, I'll take the point and regroup. cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2