606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Villa v Everton

+6
Armchair
Blue gazza
Rotterdam 1985
Made 4 Gwladys
Da Judge
hairy cataract
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Villa v Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Villa v Everton

Post  Blue gazza Wed 27 Sep 2023, 10:36 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Just watched a cup draw with a modicum of anticipation for the first time in god knows how long.

Burnley at home. That'll do.

could be worse pal
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 27 Sep 2023, 10:41 pm

So it feels like we might have something rolling here, out of nowhere. Saturday was nice but it was only one game. To go to Villa and win (we never beat Villa) even allowing for Villa being shite, gives us a huge confidence boost.

The next step is to start doing the business at home. Should be a nice positive atmosphere for the Luton game. We need consistency now, and ruthlessness. Also some clean sheets would be nice.

The squad is smaller than last year, still too small of course, but at least pretty much every player in the squad can do a job in a Dyche system. Injuries can still de-rail us but we now have to ride this momentum while we can and pick up some points at home. No point getting carried away but neither am I going to be fatalistic about this and just assume it's a false dawn. We have something to build on.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14845
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 27 Sep 2023, 10:43 pm

Blue gazza wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Just watched a cup draw with a modicum of anticipation for the first time in god knows how long.

could be worse pal

I was a bit concerned that none of the big guns came out in the first two ties. Then they all started coming out one after the other during the next four fixtures. I'm sad enough to have memorised the numbers to avoid before the draw started and I knew we had a winnable one before our name was called.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 27 Sep 2023, 10:51 pm

What did y'all think of Harrison?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 27 Sep 2023, 10:55 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:

could be worse pal

I was a bit concerned that none of the big guns came out in the first two ties. Then they all started coming out one after the other during the next four fixtures. I'm sad enough to have memorised the numbers to avoid before the draw started and I knew we had a winnable one before our name was called.

We owed Aston Villa for are embarrassing 4-0 league defeat earlier in the season to Villa we didn’t just win it it was the best first half by an Everton team in a long time ,second half was a different story with many changes made that affected our game but we managed to hold on.thousands Villa fans stayed away from tonights cup game due to some dispute with their club, Everton got the North stand and brought 4,300 away fans what a fantastic noise and surely it spurred on the Everton players great result Burnley iat home round four but for now back to the premiership Saturday against Luton Town .
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 27 Sep 2023, 11:50 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:What did y'all think of Harrison?

I only saw bits and bobs of the game. My lad said he worked really hard and looked OK on the ball given he must have been carrying a bit of rust.

I've always liked Harrison and it's nice he's now available. We need all the depth and quality we can get.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 28 Sep 2023, 1:10 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:What did y'all think of Harrison?

I only saw bits and bobs of the game. My lad said he worked really hard and looked OK on the ball given he must have been carrying a bit of rust.

I've always liked Harrison and it's nice he's now available. We need all the depth and quality we can get.
From the highlights, I notice we've not learned anything about defending corners.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 28 Sep 2023, 8:26 am

for me, one of the best things was we were able to field a good side & still be able to bring on Beto & Gueye.... normally we have to bring on kids or Maupey.

COYB cheers

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 28 Sep 2023, 8:32 am

hail lord hairy... king of the match thread starts.... albeit in the wrong order Very Happy

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 28 Sep 2023, 8:52 am

Haven't seen any of it yet, except DCL's goal which looked good, but two wins on the bounce, away from home at teams we'd expect to get fuck all from is a lot more like it. We should go into the Luton game brimming with confidence. £xpectations are suddenly high, and most Blues will see no reason why two wins can't become four wins after the two home games ahead of us.

Great to see a bit of depth in the squad, with a better bench than we've seen in years.

Anyway, we still have the chance of a treble, which is all Citteh can manage as well, so that means we've pretty much caught up with them doesn't it?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Thu 28 Sep 2023, 10:29 am

UTFT! Nice to actually beat Villa for a change, and a little bit of payback for the drubbing we got off them in august. Couple of points: Garner, this is why he needs to not be at right back. He's the most creative number 8 we've had in a while, two-footed and great to see him scoring. Onana looked to be at the centre of everything good we did, the reverse pass for Garner's goal is lovely. Nice to see he's not just a wrecking ball. Keane, I'm all for giving players a chance and he has some decent qualities, but he also has a big mistake in him every game. The best save pickford had to make came after Keane got dispossessed wandering up the pitch. I'm pretty sure there's a reason that ball deflects in off him for the goal as well. Seems harsh, but the amout of goals that deflect in off Michael Keane suggests to me it's something about his positioning rather than just bad luck. Harrison looked bright, he can definitely bring something to the team. The through ball which Dom nearly scored from was excellent. Positive signs all in all, but not getting carried away. Time to get that elusive home win.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2