606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arsenal v Everton

+7
Armchair
Blue gazza
Made 4 Gwladys
Tonteau
Da Judge
Rotterdam 1985
Yankthattoffee
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Arsenal v Everton - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal v Everton

Post  Tonteau Mon 06 Feb 2023, 3:48 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Tunnel access

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFDoIEPAx1Y

One thing is clear from this - Onana, who seems like a really bright lad to me, knows that he has Goodison in the palm of his hand right now. I really hope he doesn't let us down.

The 'I aint fucking going nowhere, bro' at circa 15.50 was pretty encouraging. Him driving the ball up the pitch late in the game, getting disposessed,tackling back to get the ball out of play and then giving it some geeing the crowd up was an enduring image. He was absolutely on it on saturday and he treated the game with the seriousness it deserved. A proper box to box midfielder as well, tackle, run, create, even a little bit of dribbling. He can do it all, like a much better Fellaini.

Yes, he is really starting to look like a star.  The business about staying here is incredibly clever, even if it's just for show.  He's a hero now at Goodison - and even if he fucks off to Chelsea for £80m in the summer, he'll  probably be given a free pass by Evertonians because of his attitude.  But as a player, I'm loving him.  He's a bit too cocky if anything, and is bound to fuck up at some point, but I absolutely love what he's doing at the moment.  I never get a replica shirt, but if I did, he'd be on the back.

That Tunnel Access was one of the best yet, IMO.  Really captured the vibe, the angles are brilliant, and the crowd is turned up to full volume which is what it felt like on the day.  Best since the Palace game at the end of last season I reckon.

I'm actually ok with this. We need it, we need a bit of personality. You can't have every player like that but it makes a huge difference when someone has the minerals to take the game to a team like arsenal. Helps when you're fast and massive, though. We need that from him every week against every team because he carries us to a better level and just inspires confidence in everyone. Makes you wonder what Lampard was actually doing with the team.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 06 Feb 2023, 5:05 pm

Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

One thing is clear from this - Onana, who seems like a really bright lad to me, knows that he has Goodison in the palm of his hand right now. I really hope he doesn't let us down.

The 'I aint fucking going nowhere, bro' at circa 15.50 was pretty encouraging. Him driving the ball up the pitch late in the game, getting disposessed,tackling back to get the ball out of play and then giving it some geeing the crowd up was an enduring image. He was absolutely on it on saturday and he treated the game with the seriousness it deserved. A proper box to box midfielder as well, tackle, run, create, even a little bit of dribbling. He can do it all, like a much better Fellaini.

Yes, he is really starting to look like a star.  The business about staying here is incredibly clever, even if it's just for show.  He's a hero now at Goodison - and even if he fucks off to Chelsea for £80m in the summer, he'll  probably be given a free pass by Evertonians because of his attitude.  But as a player, I'm loving him.  He's a bit too cocky if anything, and is bound to fuck up at some point, but I absolutely love what he's doing at the moment.  I never get a replica shirt, but if I did, he'd be on the back.

That Tunnel Access was one of the best yet, IMO.  Really captured the vibe, the angles are brilliant, and the crowd is turned up to full volume which is what it felt like on the day.  Best since the Palace game at the end of last season I reckon.

I'm actually ok with this. We need it, we need a bit of personality. You can't have every player like that but it makes a huge difference when someone has the minerals to take the game to a team like arsenal. Helps when you're fast and massive, though. We need that from him every week against every team because he carries us to a better level and just inspires confidence in everyone. Makes you wonder what Lampard was actually doing with the team.

Yes, it really does. Early days etc, but we look a different proposition under Dyche. I wonder if someone like Damarai Gray will get a look in, he seems the opposite of a Dyche type player. Problem is we've got so few players who actually fit the bill, if anyone gets injured we're a bit fucked.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25883
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 06 Feb 2023, 5:16 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Tonteau wrote:

Yes,  it really does.  Early days etc, but we look a different proposition under Dyche.  I wonder if someone like Damarai Gray will get a look in, he seems the opposite of a Dyche type player.  Problem is we've got so few players who actually fit the bill, if anyone gets injured we're a bit fucked.  

Me and the lad talked about this yesterday and agreed that he'll be an impact sub for the rest of the season now, assuming Iwobi and McNeil stay fit. I think that's fine - there have been times when we've been utterly dependent on Gray for creativity, which is a problem because, well, he's Demarai Gray. I like him, I think he gives a shit, but I suspect his head drops easily and he's not good enough for us to be so reliant on him. If we can use him when we need him, off the bench when we need something different, I think that might suit him as I think he'll eventually buckle if he feels too much pressure on his shoulders.

Incidentally, my lad watched the game in the pub with his mates and returned home at 2.30am. He did have a fiver on us to win 1-0 which helped his mood. He basically treated that, a single (albeit important) win, as though we'd just won a trophy. Which is a reflection on how far we've fallen, more than anything.

Coming back to Tonts' point about needing some personality, we also agreed yesterday that Onana has taken on Richie's role there. Along with Mina, Coady and one or two others, we should have enough infectious positivity to keep everyone going while they're chundering after their latest bleep test.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14855
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 06 Feb 2023, 8:00 pm

Gray is an interesting one. Bags of talent, great set piece delivery, can score goals and a genuine ball carrier. But he’s never really settled anywhere and maybe hasn’t fulfilled his potential. I read he was slightly injured/unwell on Saturday so wasn’t used.
If we’d been a goal down going into the final 20 minutes we may well have seen him. I’m sure if his attitude is right Dyche will find a way to use him.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 06 Feb 2023, 8:54 pm

Tonteau wrote:Gray is an interesting one. Bags of talent, great set piece delivery, can score goals and a genuine ball carrier. But he’s never really settled anywhere and maybe hasn’t fulfilled his potential. I read he was slightly injured/unwell on Saturday so wasn’t used.
If we’d been a goal down going into the final 20 minutes we may well have seen him. I’m sure if his attitude is right Dyche will find a way to use him.

I hope so. He's a clichéd old-fashioned winger in many ways - full of ability but no consistency, it all seems to depend on how he feels that day. He is capable of magical things though, so I hope he doesn't just get sidelined, as there will be times when we'll need him to pull something out of the bag.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14855
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3