606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v ManUre

+4
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
hairy cataract
callmebubbles
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Everton v ManUre - Page 4 Empty Re: Everton v ManUre

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 09 Apr 2022, 2:53 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Armchair wrote:Good performances all over pitch. Especially pleasing after the Burnley result.
Iwobi, ok not the best player in the world but he ran his bollocks off again... Delph was class... Richie worked & worked & never shy'd a tackle... back 4 much better... strong & hoofed when needed... Myko ran & ran.... JP wonderful.

Today was all about experience and like many have said? not a fan of Damian Delph but , he slotted in well that midfield with Allan . Awobie ran his socks off as did Richarlison and Anthony Gordon.

12 months ago Delph was an expensive bench warmer. But we are now so lacking in leadership and character (pre-today at least) that Delph could actually play a critical role in the run-in.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14845
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 09 Apr 2022, 2:54 pm

Armchair wrote:I'm stuck indoors with Covid so will probably watch.

You doing OK mate? Any symptoms?
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 09 Apr 2022, 2:58 pm

Delph and Allan superb today, Iwobi worked his bollocks off, and some top saves by Pickford. Richie never stops does he? I was looking at ronaldo today, and you can see how much it matters to him even though he’s done it all in his career. Richarlison is the same.

COYB!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25880
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 09 Apr 2022, 3:05 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Armchair wrote:I'm stuck indoors with Covid so will probably watch.

You doing OK mate? Any symptoms?

Bit of cough and low on energy, but sometimes it's hard to distinguish between Covid symptoms and my usual post-Everton game state Everton v ManUre - Page 4 F_laugh
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 09 Apr 2022, 3:39 pm

Everton v ManUre - Page 4 Screen14
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74432

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 09 Apr 2022, 4:00 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:Everton v ManUre - Page 4 Screen14

lol!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Sat 09 Apr 2022, 8:43 pm

Huge win, that. United are clearly absolute garbage, but it only takes one of their world class players to do something ridiculous (or even semi-competent) and they get a point or more out of that. It’s what happened at Leicester. I was properly down after Wednesday. I think I’d convinced myself I didn’t care that much, but I still do. Loads in fact. Time to pin that fucking Sean Dyche quote on the dressing room wall and ensure we send the knuckle dragging, ‘white lives matter’ banner-flying bellends down to the championship where they belong. Up the fucking toffees!
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 10 Apr 2022, 12:40 am

Tonteau wrote:Huge win, that. United are clearly absolute garbage, but it only takes one of their world class players to do something ridiculous (or even semi-competent) and they get a point or more out of that. It’s what happened at Leicester. I was properly down after Wednesday. I think I’d convinced myself I didn’t care that much, but I still do. Loads in fact. Time to pin that fucking Sean Dyche quote on the dressing room wall and ensure we send the knuckle dragging,  ‘white lives matter’ banner-flying bellends down to the championship where they belong. Up the fucking toffees!

Yep. I have no problem with him saying what he said to his players, and while it feels like a lack of class to say it publicly, it's part of the mind-games of football. But yeah, I would love to ram those words back down his throat. The irony, of course, is that we've won twice as many league games as them this season.

The clean sheet today is so important. Clean sheets are the necessary foundation for rebuilding confidence. That's how the likes of Allardyce get their reputations for being relegation Houdini's - sort things out at the back first. If you know you can keep clean sheets then it can ease the pressure on the team, you then know that one goal might be all it takes. And we've spent an unbelievable number of minutes trailing this season, chasing the game all the time.

Even a dull 0-0 in the next game, if accompanied by a favour from Norwich tomorrow, might just get me believing again. As it is, and fucking beautiful and uplifting though today was, it is just one game. We didn't build on the Leeds and Newcastle wins but we must build on this, keep that workrate and togetherness going, and take it into away games as well.

I'm hoping to be at the Leicester game, we've still got the tickets from the original postponed match. Only found out about the rearranged date yesterday so am having to move a lot of work and personal stuff around to try and get there. I said to my lad this morning that it could be our last chance to see a Prem game at Goodison. A long, mournful silence followed! But hey, maybe not...
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 10 Apr 2022, 11:34 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Tonteau wrote:Huge win, that. United are clearly absolute garbage, but it only takes one of their world class players to do something ridiculous (or even semi-competent) and they get a point or more out of that. It’s what happened at Leicester. I was properly down after Wednesday. I think I’d convinced myself I didn’t care that much, but I still do. Loads in fact. Time to pin that fucking Sean Dyche quote on the dressing room wall and ensure we send the knuckle dragging,  ‘white lives matter’ banner-flying bellends down to the championship where they belong. Up the fucking toffees!

Yep. I have no problem with him saying what he said to his players, and while it feels like a lack of class to say it publicly, it's part of the mind-games of football. But yeah, I would love to ram those words back down his throat. The irony, of course, is that we've won twice as many league games as them this season.

The clean sheet today is so important. Clean sheets are the necessary foundation for rebuilding confidence. That's how the likes of Allardyce get their reputations for being relegation Houdini's - sort things out at the back first. If you know you can keep clean sheets then it can ease the pressure on the team, you then know that one goal might be all it takes. And we've spent an unbelievable number of minutes trailing this season, chasing the game all the time.

Even a dull 0-0 in the next game, if accompanied by a favour from Norwich tomorrow, might just get me believing again. As it is, and fucking beautiful and uplifting though today was, it is just one game. We didn't build on the Leeds and Newcastle wins but we must build on this, keep that workrate and togetherness going, and take it into away games as well.

I'm hoping to be at the Leicester game, we've still got the tickets from the original postponed match. Only found out about the rearranged date yesterday so am having to move a lot of work and personal stuff around to try and get there. I said to my lad this morning that it could be our last chance to see a Prem game at Goodison. A long, mournful silence followed! But hey, maybe not...

That's the problem - we didn't build on Leeds or Newcastle. Though, to be fair, you could point to our home games under Lampard and say that we've become a bit of a fortress kind of thing - just the one goal conceded to Citteh and one to Wolves, none to Leeds, Newcastle or Man Utd. If we can shut out Leicester, then it would be three home league shut-outs on the run. If.

We were solid enough yesterday, but a more passionate team than Utd would probably have beaten us 3-1. Leicester will be a better opponent. Although they've had a mixed season, they are a very good team and we'll do well to take a point off them. My hope is that they don't give a fuck on the night, and we tear into them.

After we beat the Barcodes, we were brought back down to earth very quickly by Leeds winning at Wolves. If Burnley win today, there'll be something of the same feeling; our win was great, but we're no better off then we were before this round of games, and the pressure will be back on us. By the time we play Leicester, we could be in the bottom three. If we are, I think we're in big trouble. Well, even bigger trouble, because it means Burnley will be on a hell of a run.

My heart is telling me we're going to survive after yesterday, but my head is still telling me that we will go down. COME ON NORWICH!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25880

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 10 Apr 2022, 12:04 pm

It was a strange old game. Atmosphere great at the start but as ManUre pummelled us for 25 mins and we were hanging on, it was gradually changing. Luckily Gordons goal came at the perfect time and it was full steam after that. 2nd half was squeaky bum the whole way through but luck went our way for a change. Havent seen MOTD but we all thought Gordon was tripped for a pen? After game atmosphere was incredible and a little bit of hope rekindled.
Iwobi is crap but ran his arse off, Delph made good decisions all game, Pickford saved us along with Godfrey, Keane looked shaky as usual, gave it away a few times but did his job at the back, Mykolenko had his best game and actually looked like a footballer and Gordon is just a revelation. No udea what has happened to DCL but he was a shadow and needs to step up a.s.a.p.
Great 3 pts but we must get something out of Leicester at home as pretty likely to lose the next 3 after that. Still looka dismal but there is a small chink of light. Come on Norwich!!!!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 12 Apr 2022, 2:09 pm

Loved the quote from Sean Dyche (Burnley Manager) having just beaten Everton ''They don't know how to win'' was his remark,

the irony that Burnley lost to Norwich below them in the league and Everton beat Mid table Manchester United.

Keep the quote on the dressing room walls home/away. Very Happy
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 23 Sep 2022, 4:14 pm

Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has been charged by the Football Association over footage which appeared to show him knocking a phone out of a fan's hand.

A video was shared on social media alongside comments claiming he smashed the device as he left the pitch after a 1-0 loss at Everton in April.

Ronaldo, 37, later apologised on social media.

He was cautioned by police regarding the incident in August.

"It is alleged that the forward's conduct after the final whistle was improper and/or violent," the FA said in a statement.

Manchester United said they would support Ronaldo in his response to the charge.

The defeat at Everton dealt a blow to United's hopes of qualifying for the Champions League. They went on to finish sixth.

In an Instagram post after the incident, Ronaldo said it was "never easy to deal with emotions in difficult moments such as the one we are facing".

He added: "Nevertheless, we always have to be respectful, patient and set the example for all the youngsters who love the beautiful game.

"I would like to apologise for my outburst and, if possible, I would like to invite this supporter to watch a game at Old Trafford as a sign of fair play and sportsmanship.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63012264?at_campaign=64&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom4=84D0E5CE-3B49-11ED-A27A-4A5416F31EAE&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_medium=custom7&fbclid=IwAR0Chr1HRhSEdADFyI1Vw5Qc76dNYu52SFARMnRs9rqh_QltTmGOQ67f_tI

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4