606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnley V Everton

+6
hairy cataract
Armchair
Rotterdam 1985
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Burnley V Everton Empty Burnley V Everton

Post  SEFTON Tue 05 Apr 2022, 3:10 pm

Burnley v Everton Wednesday 6th April 2022, K/O 19.30pm AT Turf Moor.

The game might be on Sky tv.

Both teams need a result from this game,

Everton losing to West Ham showed a bit of fight but Van der beek who got injured in the warm-up to West Ham might not make this game pending on a late fitness,
Seamus Coleman may return as he was knocked for six by a virus, nobody knows if it was covid-19, if so he'll miss the game.
Damian Delph has come into contention for this game after being side-lined a few weeks. Andre Gomes faces a late fitness.
rumours allegedly suggest that Manager Frank Lampard is considering giving Calvert Lewin a start on the bench as his fitness level not been up to much
with Rondon a rare run out from start but, they are only rumours at the moment.

Going for a Toffees win,0-2 Gordon and Richarlison. UTFT's cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10620
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Burnley V Everton Empty Re: Burnley V Everton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 05 Apr 2022, 3:31 pm

I fancy us to turn the corner now Sef... I know I'm mad !

0-1 in this game with a Dele Alli super sub wonder goal late on & then we'll follow it by burying Manure.

COYB cheers

Number of posts : 41069
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 05 Apr 2022, 3:36 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I fancy us to turn the corner now Sef... I know I'm mad !

0-1 in this game with a Dele Alli super sub wonder goal late on & then we'll follow it by burying Manure.

COYB cheers
The weekend must have started early for you mate - already on a bender. Good for you.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74444

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 05 Apr 2022, 3:45 pm

SEFTON wrote:Burnley v Everton Wednesday 6th April 2022, K/O 19.30pm AT Turf Moor.

Everton losing to West Ham showed a bit of fight but Van der beek who got injured in the warm-up to West Ham might not make this game pending on a late fitness,
Seamus Coleman may return as he was knocked for six by a virus, nobody knows if it was covid-19, if so he'll miss the game.
Damian Delph has come into contention for this game after being side-lined a few weeks. Andre Gomes faces a late fitness.
rumours allegedly suggest that Manager Frank Lampard is considering giving Calvert Lewin a start on the bench as his fitness level not been up to much

I'll have some of what you're smoking, Sef.

I like optimistic people so I'm not going to do you down for calling an Everton win here. I usually try to look on the bright side of life myself, but I simply cannot predict an Everton win in any game we play these days. Apart from Borehamwood, I cannot remember the last time I had any hint of optimism for a game.

I would happily go for a night out with Jacob Rees-Mogg and Piers Morgan in return for a 0-0, right now.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 05 Apr 2022, 3:51 pm

Burnley will bombard us won't they? Their striker is 8 foot tall I think. But if we score first, I think we'll win.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22566
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 05 Apr 2022, 4:06 pm

lol! have faith blues lol!

we've been here before Very Happy

Burnley V Everton Captur92

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 05 Apr 2022, 4:42 pm

Natty Patty is out for the season after tripping over a packet of Starbursts at Finch Farm but - hurrah! - Delph is back, assuming someone moves the Starbusts before the useless fucker breaks his cock falling over them.  DCL is in intensive jumping practice with and without his Chanel handbag, and Dele has promised to turn up as long as he remembers to get some petrol for his Rolls Royce before tomorrow night.  Central defence will be Godfrey and Holgate, which is marginally better than Laurel and Hardy but possibly not as good as Sooty and Sweep.

Frank Lampard says it's all good because there are still 13 12 11 10 games to go and Paul Clement saved Swansea from relegation once so what could possibly go wrong.

Burnley are shite, so I'm going for just a 3-1 win for the home side, Delph red card after 4 minutes.

I won't be watching this one, as I'm up in Liverpool for my daughter's delayed graduation ceremony and promised to take her out for dinner. So while you lot are crying into your beer, I'll be tucking into chorizo sausage in honey, fritto misto and crab linguini at Bacaro in Castle St. You're all welcome to join me for pudding.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 05 Apr 2022, 11:57 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Natty Patty is out for the season after tripping over a packet of Starbursts at Finch Farm but - hurrah! - Delph is back, assuming someone moves the Starbusts before the useless fucker breaks his cock falling over them.  DCL is in intensive jumping practice with and without his Chanel handbag, and Dele has promised to turn up as long as he remembers to get some petrol for his Rolls Royce before tomorrow night.  Central defence will be Godfrey and Holgate, which is marginally better than Laurel and Hardy but possibly not as good as Sooty and Sweep.

Frank Lampard says it's all good because there are still 13 12 11 10 games to go and Paul Clement saved Swansea from relegation once so what could possibly go wrong.

Burnley are shite, so I'm going for just a 3-1 win for the home side, Delph red card after 4 minutes.

I won't be watching this one, as I'm up in Liverpool for my daughter's delayed graduation ceremony and promised to take her out for dinner.  So while you lot are crying into your beer, I'll be tucking into chorizo sausage in honey, fritto misto and crab linguini at Bacaro in Castle St.  You're all welcome to join me for pudding.

Well enjoy the ceremony, and delayed congrats to your daughter. You have a night of applauding hundreds of strangers to look forward to, with your daughter bringing 30 seconds of personal pride and cheer into what will otherwise be blister-inducing boredom while you sit there wondering whether Ben Mee has scored unmarked from a corner yet. I recommend you take at least one hip flask with you, and maybe a scotch egg to tide you over until you get to the posh scran. Whatever you do, don't leave the half-eaten scotch egg hanging out of your gob while you applaud someone - it will look uncouth.

Uni graduation ceremonies are the nearest British equivalent to a Kim Jong-un rally. You stop applauding briefly to stare disbelievingly at your weeping hands, only to glance up and see another parent giving you daggers (probably their son that you didn't applaud - so then your hands are sore and you feel like an utter shit for the rest of the night.) This all means that by the time you get to dinner your hands will be too fucking raw to hold a knife and fork properly, but I hear that Bacaro are quite happy to feed their guests one mouthful at a time and will provide a curly straw with your Rioja Crianza 2004.

Ah but you and I know that the smile on her face when she goes up onstage to collect her certificate will be worth the pain and the bleeding, and most certainly beats watching Everton lose to some godforsaken mill town that would be ceded to Yorkshire if I had my way. The first of my brood will graduate next year, so I've taken up bricklaying and taekwondo to toughen my hands up in readiness.

Just researched Bacaro on Trip Advisor. It ranks a perfectly respectable 44th of over 1,000 Liverpool eateries. But German Doner Kebab came in at 26 mate. Like, your call though.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 06 Apr 2022, 9:53 am

Anyone else "excited" ... cause I'm shitting my pants with worry !

Burnley V Everton Captur93

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 06 Apr 2022, 11:14 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Anyone else "excited" ... cause I'm shitting my pants with worry !

Burnley V Everton Captur93

Yes it's a similar level of excitement to being cornered by a rabid, half-starving Doberman.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 06 Apr 2022, 11:33 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Natty Patty is out for the season after tripping over a packet of Starbursts at Finch Farm but - hurrah! - Delph is back, assuming someone moves the Starbusts before the useless fucker breaks his cock falling over them.  DCL is in intensive jumping practice with and without his Chanel handbag, and Dele has promised to turn up as long as he remembers to get some petrol for his Rolls Royce before tomorrow night.  Central defence will be Godfrey and Holgate, which is marginally better than Laurel and Hardy but possibly not as good as Sooty and Sweep.

I won't be watching this one, as I'm up in Liverpool for my daughter's delayed graduation ceremony and promised to take her out for dinner.  So while you lot are crying into your beer, I'll be tucking into chorizo sausage in honey, fritto misto and crab linguini at Bacaro in Castle St.  You're all welcome to join me for pudding.

Well enjoy the ceremony, and delayed congrats to your daughter. You have a night of applauding hundreds of strangers to look forward to, with your daughter bringing 30 seconds of personal pride and cheer into what will otherwise be blister-inducing boredom while you sit there wondering whether Ben Mee has scored unmarked from a corner yet. I recommend you take at least one hip flask with you, and maybe a scotch egg to tide you over until you get to the posh scran. Whatever you do, don't leave the half-eaten scotch egg hanging out of your gob while you applaud someone - it will look uncouth.

Uni graduation ceremonies are the nearest British equivalent to a Kim Jong-un rally. You stop applauding briefly to stare disbelievingly at your weeping hands, only to glance up and see another parent giving you daggers (probably their son that you didn't applaud - so then your hands are sore and you feel like an utter shit for the rest of the night.) This all means that by the time you get to dinner your hands will be too fucking raw to hold a knife and fork properly, but I hear that Bacaro are quite happy to feed their guests one mouthful at a time and will provide a curly straw with your Rioja Crianza 2004.

Ah but you and I know that the smile on her face when she goes up onstage to collect her certificate will be worth the pain and the bleeding, and most certainly beats watching Everton lose to some godforsaken mill town that would be ceded to Yorkshire if I had my way. The first of my brood will graduate next year, so I've taken up bricklaying and taekwondo to toughen my hands up in readiness.

Just researched Bacaro on Trip Advisor. It ranks a perfectly respectable 44th of over 1,000 Liverpool eateries. But German Doner Kebab came in at 26 mate. Like, your call though.

I'm intending to boo all the other graduates, chant "hello hello Red and White Shite" at half of them just to be on the safe side, and start a fight with at least one other dad. University of Liverpool (otherwise known as That Fucking Useless University) are trying to slot in a million graduation ceremonies this year, so I reckon the kids will be on a super fast conveyor belt with cattle-prods and security guards to speed them along. I'll probably be looking the other way when mine gets her degree. Afterwards they've told us we get a cup of tea then we can fuck off without even a note of thanks for the 27 grand tuition fees each graduate wasted on on-line tuition and strike-delayed marking. Bastards.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 06 Apr 2022, 12:21 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I'm intending to boo all the other graduates, chant "hello hello Red and White Shite" at half of them just to be on the safe side, and start a fight with at least one other dad.  University of Liverpool (otherwise known as That Fucking Useless University) are trying to slot in a million graduation ceremonies this year, so I reckon the kids will be on a super fast conveyor belt with cattle-prods and security guards to speed them along.  I'll probably be looking the other way when mine gets her degree.  Afterwards they've told us we get a cup of tea then we can fuck off without even a note of thanks for the 27 grand tuition fees each graduate wasted on on-line tuition and strike-delayed marking.  Bastards.

You raise an interesting point, one that the UoL has doubtless ignored for years now - how can you be sure that you won't be applauding Redshites or their offspring? That's the scary thing about Kopites - they look like us, dress like us, and until the subject turns to famous European nights or the footballing capabilities of Mamadou Sakho, they even sound like us. Be careful mate, there might be some of them there tonight, hiding in plain sight.

So, I propose that the UoL declares the football allegiances of all graduates or, if they're not into football, the allegiances of their parents. This will allow you to be choosy about who you applaud, mitigating the blistered hands issue, while also leaving you reassured that you've not congratulated any Kopites, Mancs or twats born and raised in Heswall who weirdly describe themselves as lifelong Barca fans. This will also allow you to hand-pick the Burnley-supporting arl arse in that ill-fitting suit that he only ever wears "for special" (preferably a short bloke) to pick your fight with.

Honestly, if they had any sense, they'd appoint me as Vice Chancellor tomorrow.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Wed 06 Apr 2022, 12:32 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I'm intending to boo all the other graduates, chant "hello hello Red and White Shite" at half of them just to be on the safe side, and start a fight with at least one other dad.  University of Liverpool (otherwise known as That Fucking Useless University) are trying to slot in a million graduation ceremonies this year, so I reckon the kids will be on a super fast conveyor belt with cattle-prods and security guards to speed them along.  I'll probably be looking the other way when mine gets her degree.  Afterwards they've told us we get a cup of tea then we can fuck off without even a note of thanks for the 27 grand tuition fees each graduate wasted on on-line tuition and strike-delayed marking.  Bastards.

You raise an interesting point, one that the UoL has doubtless ignored for years now - how can you be sure that you won't be applauding Redshites or their offspring? That's the scary thing about Kopites - they look like us, dress like us, and until the subject turns to famous European nights or the footballing capabilities of Mamadou Sakho, they even sound like us. Be careful mate, there might be some of them there tonight, hiding in plain sight.

So, I propose that the UoL declares the football allegiances of all graduates or, if they're not into football, the allegiances of their parents. This will allow you to be choosy about who you applaud, mitigating the blistered hands issue, while also leaving you reassured that you've not congratulated any Kopites, Mancs or twats born and raised in Heswall who weirdly describe themselves as lifelong Barca fans. This will also allow you to hand-pick the Burnley-supporting arl arse in that ill-fitting suit that he only ever wears "for special" (preferably a short bloke) to pick your fight with.

Some brilliant points there, you should not only be Vice Chancellor of the FUUofL, but also replace Bill as Chairman of our glorious football club. I might spraypaint "Bill Out Rotts In" all over the Gladwys Street end on Saturday. Not to mention all over the "Yoko Ono Lennon Centre" at the uni. I'm hoping that Yoko herself will be there to give a speech. I've offered to recreate the cover of Two Virgins with her if she turns up.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Wed 06 Apr 2022, 12:35 pm

This is bigger than an FA cup final.
There will be several like it between now and Arsenal.
Do we have the bottle?
Do we have a defensive midfielder.....anywhere in the club? OK Delph it is.
What a mashed up team this is. Seemingly injuries and suspensions all over the place.
No clear and regular line up. Consistency will come with a consistent line up and tactics.
Aaaaagh!!!
Being an Evertonian is.....Aaaagh!!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 06 Apr 2022, 3:16 pm

Not sure whether to watch tonight or not. I think I'll give it a miss and do something more constructive.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22566
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 06 Apr 2022, 3:53 pm

I'll be following the game on the BBC Live Text while at work. I'd take a draw at the moment, no doubt. Yet at the same time I'm secretly hoping that all of a sudden we'll score on our chances and it starts to "click". But I'm likely just a fool thinking that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 06 Apr 2022, 4:33 pm

being a massive masochist I'll probably look for a dodgy feed so I can watch the half naked dancer in the ribbon when we pass to them for a clear cut chance on goal and/or when we get a player red carded.

I think we'll win though Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 06 Apr 2022, 4:38 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
SEFTON wrote:Burnley v Everton Wednesday 6th April 2022, K/O 19.30pm AT Turf Moor.

I like optimistic people so I'm not going to do you down for calling an Everton win here. I usually try to look on the bright side of life myself, but I simply cannot predict an Everton win in any game we play these days. Apart from Borehamwood, I cannot remember the last time I had any hint of optimism for a game.

I would happily go for a night out with Jacob Rees-Mogg and Piers Morgan in return for a 0-0, right now.

Smoking a vape Rotts, No nicotine or drugs, haven't had a beer in over a year, so my prediction is based on my outer body experience of going mad with the frustrations that of EVERTON FC have brought upon me over the season, plus I have had better fortune than most with Predictions just my memory to post them has fallen by the wayside. Very Happy

Hopefully we all will be feeling a little more at ease regards to relegation.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10620
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Wed 06 Apr 2022, 4:52 pm

2-0 Burnley.

If it's on tv I'll tune in. If not, I'll be down at Bacaro for pudding.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Wed 06 Apr 2022, 5:18 pm

With both sides very clear on what's at stake, I can see:

a) The crowd getting behind Burnley like a pack of rabid dogs, and
b) A low quality, high desire (at least from the home side) game which to the average first time foreign viewer will prompt the question "this is supposed to be the best league around?"
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 06 Apr 2022, 5:22 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:2-0 Burnley.

If it's on tv I'll tune in. If not, I'll be down at Bacaro for pudding.
good call .. I'll have the tiramisu .. about time that tight twat Hairy put his hand in his wallet

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Wed 06 Apr 2022, 5:48 pm

Avoiding like the plague. Just cannot see us getting anything out of this. Have laid £50 on Burnley just to have something out of what would be a horrific result. Desperately hope it loses. Probably be a 5-0 drubbing which is enough to put us bottom 3. Shitting myself about it all now. We are just sooooo shite!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 06 Apr 2022, 6:28 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Smoking a vape Rotts, No nicotine or drugs, haven't had a beer in over a year, so my prediction is based on my outer body experience of going mad with the frustrations that of EVERTON FC have brought upon me over the season, plus I have had better fortune than most with Predictions just my memory to post them has fallen by the wayside. Very Happy

Hopefully we all will be feeling a little more at ease regards to relegation.

Good on you Sef. I'm also a vaper, haven't smoked for over three years now, and I haven't had a beer since, errrr....Saturday.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 06 Apr 2022, 6:35 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Some brilliant points there, you should not only be Vice Chancellor of the FUUofL, but also replace Bill as Chairman of our glorious football club.  I might spraypaint "Bill Out Rotts In"  all over the Gladwys Street end on Saturday.  Not to mention all over the "Yoko Ono Lennon Centre" at the uni.  I'm hoping that Yoko herself will be there to give a speech.  I've offered to recreate the cover of Two Virgins with her if she turns up.

Lol!

Not sure I can handle the Uni gig and the Chairmanship of the club. This is going to be a tough choice....I might defer my decision until after I know whether we're down or not. The Uni job does appeal to me, if only because oppressing Kopites with a never-ending list of demeaning diktats (such has having to wear a bonnet hat at all times in public, not being allowed in the restaurant between the hours of 11am and 4pm etc) would be a lot of fun.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 06 Apr 2022, 6:40 pm

Burnley V Everton Captur94