606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spuds v Everton

+5
Goodison_Gringo
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
Armchair
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spuds v Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Spuds v Everton

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 07 Mar 2022, 8:37 pm

Kane 3-0 ... looked offside

Number of posts : 41069
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 07 Mar 2022, 8:38 pm

VAR ---- onside... naturally

3-0 Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 07 Mar 2022, 8:40 pm

Nah that's it, I can't watch anymore of this, it's too painful.

Happy to run the risk of missing a glorious comeback but I'm off to Morrisons.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 07 Mar 2022, 8:40 pm

I'm out too. See you all in the Championship.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 07 Mar 2022, 8:42 pm

50% possession

6 shots Spurs... us FUCKING ZERO AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Mon 07 Mar 2022, 8:43 pm

i'm here guys, 6-4 everton, a very nervy late flurry from us, Very Happy Very Happy
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 07 Mar 2022, 8:45 pm

Blue gazza wrote:i'm here guys, 6-4 everton, a very nervy late flurry from us, Very Happy Very Happy
Spuds v Everton - Page 2 F_laugh

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 07 Mar 2022, 8:49 pm

nah.. fuck this.

I'm off to bed for a 5am start tomorrow

...wake me when Rondon & Iwobi come on to change the game please.....

shite Spuds v Everton - Page 2 661318

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 07 Mar 2022, 9:01 pm

Oh dear Frankie Lampard, what were you thinking of? This is spurs, they’re shit but they love playing on the counter.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 07 Mar 2022, 9:29 pm

The speed of Spurs attack vs Everton's defence is like watching Usain Bolt run at Danny DeVito.

Andrew
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74444

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 07 Mar 2022, 9:32 pm

No wonder we are losing - Rondon, a.k.a. Messiah, is on the bench.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 07 Mar 2022, 9:40 pm

5-0, 10 minutes to go. I might get shot down in flames for saying this, but I don't think we'll turn this one around.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22566
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 07 Mar 2022, 10:06 pm

On form, and with the fixtures to come, we're as good as down. I can't fucking believe this.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure I can drag myself up to Goodison again at the weekend, especially as the trains are fucked next Sunday so it will be a three and a half hour journey back to Euston. And the Thursday fixture against the Barcodes doesn't appeal either - they're going to thrash us. Finally, do I renew my season ticket for next season? I do love my trips up to Liverpool, but to see us trying to kick our way out of the Championship, with no dosh to spend because all our sponsors have walked..... I dunno.

Admittedly, I'm still getting over the covids tonight, but I am very very very miserable.

Any chance of a group hug?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 07 Mar 2022, 10:27 pm

hairy cataract wrote:On form, and with the fixtures to come, we're as good as down.  I can't fucking believe this.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure I can drag myself up to Goodison again at the weekend, especially as the trains are fucked next Sunday so it will be a three and a half hour journey back to Euston. And the Thursday fixture against the Barcodes doesn't appeal either - they're going to thrash us.  Finally, do I renew my season ticket for next season?  I do love my trips up to Liverpool, but to see us trying to kick our way out of the Championship, with no dosh to spend because all our sponsors have walked..... I dunno.

Admittedly, I'm still getting over the covids tonight, but I am very very very miserable.  

No, but we should get together for a relegation party. Or wake.

Hope you're feeling OK with the bug. Covid and Everton is not a good combo.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Mon 07 Mar 2022, 10:41 pm

I had to step out at down 5-0 with the odd 5 minutes to go. Did we turn it around?
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Mon 07 Mar 2022, 11:10 pm

hairy cataract wrote:On form, and with the fixtures to come, we're as good as down.  I can't fucking believe this.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure I can drag myself up to Goodison again at the weekend, especially as the trains are fucked next Sunday so it will be a three and a half hour journey back to Euston. And the Thursday fixture against the Barcodes doesn't appeal either - they're going to thrash us.  Finally, do I renew my season ticket for next season?  I do love my trips up to Liverpool, but to see us trying to kick our way out of the Championship, with no dosh to spend because all our sponsors have walked..... I dunno.

I can see why you have the sensation, but I look at the Leeds/Burnley/Brentford and Watford/Norwich matches and still think we can be OK

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9794
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 07 Mar 2022, 11:43 pm

Hard to state how shit I feel. First game was in 1969, Sandy Brown's infamous og and a loss to the Shite. Many many years of ups and downs, thousands of games but this is the worst. The club in a total state, probable relegation and unlikely to return quickly. Cannot find a single positive tonight, even the new stadium is going to be an albatross around our necks in the championship. AllI can say is shit, fuck and cunt!!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 08 Mar 2022, 10:27 am

Da Judge wrote:

I can see why you have the sensation, but I look at the Leeds/Burnley/Brentford and Watford/Norwich matches and still think we can be OK
I agree about those games Judge... but I wouldn't be so bold as to say I think we will be ok... but I think we have a reasonable chance IF we perform in these games & collect a very good amount of points from them... IF, IF, IF

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 08 Mar 2022, 10:33 am

I'm clinging on to the hope that Lamps has improved things a little since he got here. We've had some bad performances, but also some decent ones too - Brentford, Leeds, City (albeit we lost). We are inconsistent, but at least that is better than under Rafa, when we were bad every game.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22566
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 08 Mar 2022, 10:55 am

Armchair wrote:I'm clinging on to the hope that Lamps has improved things a little since he got here. We've had some bad performances, but also some decent ones too - Brentford, Leeds, City (albeit we lost). We are inconsistent, but at least that is better than under Rafa, when we were bad every game.

True, but Lampard has shown himself to be tactically incompetent, playing the way we did last night.  He must have been the only man in the stadium - from either side - who thought playing a high line against this Spurs side, with our defenders, was a good idea.  Does he not watch any football?  Not even MOTD occasionally?  My Spurs mate was almost embarrassed by the way the game went - he was so shocked at how Lampard had us set up.  

I love Frank, but two things concern me. Firstly, its taken him half a dozen matches to work out what anyone of us could have told him about our squad on Day One (and what Big Dunc should have told him on Minute One), and secondly that he hasn't got the experience to set up a team based on their strengths and the attributes of the opposition, rather than how he wants a Frank Lampard team to look.

Having said that, I can't blame Lampard for the squad he's inherited. Who the fuck was in charge of our transfer business when we sold Digne and bought two useless full backs?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 08 Mar 2022, 4:07 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Armchair wrote:I'm clinging on to the hope that Lamps has improved things a little since he got here. We've had some bad performances, but also some decent ones too - Brentford, Leeds, City (albeit we lost). We are inconsistent, but at least that is better than under Rafa, when we were bad every game.

True, but Lampard has shown himself to be tactically incompetent, playing the way we did last night.  He must have been the only man in the stadium - from either side - who thought playing a high line against this Spurs side, with our defenders, was a good idea.  Does he not watch any football?  Not even MOTD occasionally?  My Spurs mate was almost embarrassed by the way the game went - he was so shocked at how Lampard had us set up.  

I love Frank, but two things concern me. Firstly, its taken him half a dozen matches to work out what anyone of us could have told him about our squad on Day One (and what Big Dunc should have told him on Minute One), and secondly that he hasn't got the experience to set up a team based on their strengths and the attributes of the opposition, rather than how he wants a Frank Lampard team to look.

Having said that, I can't blame Lampard for the squad he's inherited.  Who the fuck was in charge of our transfer business when we sold Digne and bought two useless full backs?

On the plus side, you'd hope that last night's performance opened his eyes to the blaringly obvious. If he hasn't learnt anything from it, then we are down.

You'd think that he should be setting up to take a point from all our remaining away games, while continuing to adapt tactics to the opposition for home games, where we have looked a lot better at least.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 08 Mar 2022, 4:15 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Having said that, I can't blame Lampard for the squad he's inherited.  Who the fuck was in charge of our transfer business when we sold Digne and bought two useless full backs?

On the plus side, you'd hope that last night's performance opened his eyes to the blaringly obvious. If he hasn't learnt anything from it, then we are down.

You'd think that he should be setting up to take a point from all our remaining away games, while continuing to adapt tactics to the opposition for home games, where we have looked a lot better at least.

Aye but is it too late? He's spent his first six weeks telling the lads they can play football, so what does he do - go in tomorrow and tell them "ok boys, about turn. I was wrong, you're shit, Rafa was right, now form two defensive lines of five while Big Dunc hammers the ball at you"?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2