606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Spuds

+5
Yankthattoffee
SEFTON
Da Judge
callmebubbles
Armchair
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Everton v Spuds  Empty Everton v Spuds

Post  Armchair Sun 03 Nov 2019, 3:50 pm

Is no one else doing this? Kane out for them. Mina fit but Bernie injured.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22502
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Everton v Spuds  Empty Re: Everton v Spuds

Post  Armchair Sun 03 Nov 2019, 5:29 pm

Sounds like a thriller.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 03 Nov 2019, 6:13 pm

Gomes off injured. Looks bad No
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 03 Nov 2019, 6:33 pm

Cenk rescues a point but another abject performance and the shortest match thread in history.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 03 Nov 2019, 7:26 pm

We are in massive shit. No Gomes now and a horrendous December fixture list. Cant see how we won't be bottom 3, possibly rock bottom, by the time the January window opens. Nightmare!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5532
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sun 03 Nov 2019, 11:37 pm

callmebubbles wrote:We are in massive shit. No Gomes now and a horrendous December fixture list. Cant see how we won't be bottom 3, possibly rock bottom, by the time the January window opens. Nightmare!!
we were surviving until you came back.... lol...... seriously glad you are back.... MoTD where at least sensitive to how shit VAR is treating us the moment....

Penalties for both Richarlison tackle and handball.... and Sandro needed to have been binned as last man...

Shocking... it should now be compulsory for all referees to look at the screen./... of course too late for us...we will be the victims...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 03 Nov 2019, 11:53 pm

why? Did it take so long’’25 takes ‘’for VAR to see Ali handball,Richarlison not given a pen? The premier league are going to have to suspend VAR it’s not full proof,
As Bubbles said? Referees need to check the screens and take responsibility ,supporters need feed back from VAR like they do in rugby explaining the decision called.
Wishing Andre Gomes Speedy recovery, shocking tackle by Son, I know Gomes ankle dislocated before Aurer challenge but? Sons challenge was with intent as he just had a challenge previously and so he went after Gomes.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10591
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 04 Nov 2019, 1:12 am

VAR worse than useless. Alli's hand above head! Richie clearly kicked as he pinched the ball at the death.
Son should have been booked for the "dive" but I'm told by experts in the Top House, that after the ref let play continue and not deem it a dive, VAR cannot be used to call it back for a yellow. Should Son get booked, he doesn't touch Gomes a few minutes later.
Good fight back, but some woeful use of the ball when in strong positions.
Last 2 minutes - Get the feckin' cross in!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Mon 04 Nov 2019, 2:34 am

We look awful and are in deep shit, but none of it seems relevant after what happened to Gomes, absolute sickener.

VAR is a waste of fucking time. It doesn't clear anything up at all. I'll take my blue-tinted specs of for a sec here and try and be honest...

1. In real time Mina's challenge on Son is clumsy, but it looks like a clear dive from Son. When they showed the reply, it's still clumsy from Mina, it's still a dive from Son, but there was contact so I feared the worse. I was relieved they didn't give it, but it's a subjective decision, and on a different day it could have been given, so what is the point in VAR?

2. For the handball, if VAR didn't exist, that's never a penalty. Nobody claims it at the time, and nobody who has ever played football would. The fact that the game is stopped for 5 minutes for them to look at an incident like that is ridiculous, however given that they have stopped it, and given it clearly does hit Alli's arm, how the fuck isn't it a penalty? So again, what's the point in VAR?

3. The Richarlison penalty. If I'm the referee and I see Richarlison go down in the box, I don't give it. I think the more he continues to fall over and hold every part of his body, the less and less he is going to get decisions. In real time I didn't think it was a penalty. When they slowed it down on VAR, there is clear contact and it looks a clear penalty, so yet again, what's the point in VAR?

4. The Richarlison through on goal incident, I can only imagine he didn't give it in real time for the same reason as the above point. In a way I can't blame the ref, I'm certainly fucking bored of seeing Richarlison on the deck every time the ball goes near him. Having said that, I've no idea how it's not a foul and a red card, or how they can ignore it when they watch the replay, so again, what's the point of VAR.

In summary, VAR is a big bag of dogs dicks and should be sacked off.

I also wonder whether Son had he's yellow over-turned because of the injury to Gomes. Well, I don't wonder, I think it's pretty clear that was the case. If the injury doesn't happen, that is never questioned, so in that sense I think he's unlucky. At the same time he can't complain, because the injury is a direct result of his challenge, which is a clear foul. I would show some empathy and humility though. There is no way he intended what happened to happen. They guy was obviously distraught and there's no need for people to give him shit over it.

....anyway, like I say, we are shit and in deep trouble, but none of it really matters today. Wishing speedy recovery for Andre!

Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4506
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 04 Nov 2019, 1:14 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:

1. In real time Mina's challenge on Son is clumsy, but it looks like a clear dive from Son. When they showed the reply, it's still clumsy from Mina, it's still a dive from Son, but there was contact so I feared the worse. I was relieved they didn't give it, but it's a subjective decision, and on a different day it could have been given, so what is the point in VAR?

2. For the handball, if VAR didn't exist, that's never a penalty. Nobody claims it at the time, and nobody who has ever played football would. The fact that the game is stopped for 5 minutes for them to look at an incident like that is ridiculous, however given that they have stopped it, and given it clearly does hit Alli's arm, how the fuck isn't it a penalty? So again, what's the point in VAR?

3. The Richarlison penalty. If I'm the referee and I see Richarlison go down in the box, I don't give it. I think the more he continues to fall over and hold every part of his body, the less and less he is going to get decisions. In real time I didn't think it was a penalty. When they slowed it down on VAR, there is clear contact and it looks a clear penalty, so yet again, what's the point in VAR?

4. The Richarlison through on goal incident, I can only imagine he didn't give it in real time for the same reason as the above point. In a way I can't blame the ref, I'm certainly fucking bored of seeing Richarlison on the deck every time the ball goes near him. Having said that, I've no idea how it's not a foul and a red card, or how they can ignore it when they watch the replay, so again, what's the point of VAR.

Agreed on all of that. No one seems know what role VAR should play and to what level decisions should be scrutinised.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 04 Nov 2019, 1:19 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:We look awful and are in deep shit, but none of it seems relevant after what happened to Gomes, absolute sickener.

VAR is a waste of fucking time. It doesn't clear anything up at all. I'll take my blue-tinted specs of for a sec here and try and be honest...

I also wonder whether Son had he's yellow over-turned because of the injury to Gomes. Well, I don't wonder, I think it's pretty clear that was the case. If the injury doesn't happen, that is never questioned, so in that sense I think he's unlucky. At the same time he can't complain, because the injury is a direct result of his challenge, which is a clear foul. I would show some empathy and humility though. There is no way he intended what happened to happen. They guy was obviously distraught and there's no need for people to give him shit over it.

....anyway, like I say, we are shit and in deep trouble, but none of it really matters today. Wishing speedy recovery for Andre!

Agree with just about every bit of that. As you say, it's possible that none of those VAR calls would have been given without VAR, for varying reasons including Richarlison's incredibly embarrassing diving and feigning injury. So what is the point of VAR except to destroy the game for the match-going fan. Generally that was a dreadful match - partly because of two terrified teams so completely out of form that they both seemed to be happy with 0-0 before a ball with kicked, partly because of the sickening injury to Gomes, and partly because of the VAR farce. The only thing that saved it was Tosun's well-deserved equaliser.

One interesting thing for me is that the crowd isn't really getting on the team's backs so far this season, despite us being utterly dreadful. The referee copped most of the flack yesterday, together with Richarlison for his antics.

Finally, I'm firmly of the belief that Son's red was justified. Sure, he didn't mean to break Andre's ankle, but his foul was clearly a deliberate act of retribution with asolutely no intent to win the ball. If he hadn't made that reckless, angry, nasty challenge, Gomes would be playing next week instead of facing the rest of the season in rehab. I'm sorry for Son, he's clearly genuinely distraught as you say, but so he should be. Hopefully will be a lesson to other players not to go in with the sole intent of fouling an opponent.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25826
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Mon 04 Nov 2019, 1:48 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:We look awful and are in deep shit, but none of it seems relevant after what happened to Gomes, absolute sickener.

Agree with just about every bit of that.  As you say, it's possible that none of those VAR calls would have been given without VAR, for varying reasons including Richarlison's incredibly embarrassing diving and feigning injury.  So what is the point of VAR except to destroy the game for the match-going fan.  Generally that was a dreadful match - partly because of two terrified teams so completely out of form that they both seemed to be happy with 0-0 before a ball with kicked, partly because of the sickening injury to Gomes, and partly because of the VAR farce.  The only thing that saved it was Tosun's well-deserved equaliser.

One interesting thing for me is that the crowd isn't really getting on the team's backs so far this season, despite us being utterly dreadful.  The referee copped most of the flack yesterday, together with Richarlison for his antics.

Finally, I'm firmly of the belief that Son's red was justified.  Sure, he didn't mean to break Andre's ankle, but his foul was clearly a deliberate act of retribution with asolutely no intent to win the ball.  If he hadn't made that reckless, angry, nasty challenge, Gomes would be playing next week instead of facing the rest of the season in rehab. I'm sorry for Son, he's clearly genuinely distraught as you say, but so he should be.  Hopefully will be a lesson to other players not to go in with the sole intent of fouling an opponent.

I have no remorse for Heung Min Son, a few weeks back Son was challenged and got up and carried out his own retribution on a player, caused him to get sent off,
This morning Andre Gomes has surgery to repair a dislocated ankle and double fracture, I'm pretty sure Heung Min Son doesn't feel as much pain physically as Andre Gomes,
Min Son will return to premiership action after a 3 game ban, Andre Gomes could easily have had his career ended. lets not forget the fractures to gomes ankle were caused by Aurier's late Challenge on gomes;.
both tackles were made with Intent to stop gomes.i hope both players are brought before a tribunal and charged with trying to end a players career.

Marco Silva should have been forcing the issue with the referee after two VAR decisions gone against Everton, not one player did I see protest both penalty decisions.
Everton mentality soft as shit, Klopp would have been prepared to take off his team.

The difference in winners and losers I guess.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 04 Nov 2019, 2:27 pm

SEFTON wrote:

Marco Silva should have been forcing the issue with the referee after two VAR decisions gone against Everton, not one player did I see protest both penalty decisions.
Everton mentality soft as shit, Klopp would have been prepared to take off his team.

To be fair Sef, nobody in the ground - not even the players - seemed to be asking for a pen for the Alli handball. In fact, it looked like Mina was mouthing "what for?" to the ref when it went to VAR. Same with Richarlison being bundled over - there were very few shouts for a pen so it wasn't the most blatent thing you'll ever see.

But as said above - what's the point of VAR if it's not to pick up the obvious errors that were missed by the ref (and the players and fans for that matter)?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 05 Nov 2019, 9:55 am

hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

To be fair Sef, nobody in the ground - not even the players - seemed to be asking for a pen for the Alli handball.  In fact, it looked like Mina was mouthing "what for?" to the ref when it went to VAR.  Same with Richarlison being bundled over - there were very few shouts for a pen so it wasn't the most blatent thing you'll ever see.

But as said above - what's the point of VAR if it's not to pick up the obvious errors that were missed by the ref (and the players and fans for that matter)?

When it went to VAR, Ref: Atkinson should have checked the pitch side screen, he is supposed to be in charge, not Var.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 05 Nov 2019, 10:40 am

SEFTON wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

To be fair Sef, nobody in the ground - not even the players - seemed to be asking for a pen for the Alli handball.  In fact, it looked like Mina was mouthing "what for?" to the ref when it went to VAR.  Same with Richarlison being bundled over - there were very few shouts for a pen so it wasn't the most blatent thing you'll ever see.

When it went to VAR, Ref: Atkinson should have checked the pitch side screen, he is supposed to be in charge, not Var.

The pitch side screen thing doesn't seem to have happened. That's one of the worst things about VAR - the ref is NOT in charge, he shrugs off responsibility by pointing to his ear and saying "nothing to do with me, I'm being told what to do".

I'm fairly sure they will totally overhaul VAR at the end of the season, but it seems like we're suffering more than most so far and it will be too late forus if we end up going down because of VAR!

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 05 Nov 2019, 4:25 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

The pitch side screen thing doesn't seem to have happened.  That's one of the worst things about VAR - the ref is NOT in charge, he shrugs off responsibility by pointing to his ear and saying "nothing to do with me, I'm being told what to do".

I'm fairly sure they will totally overhaul VAR at the end of the season, but it seems like we're suffering more than most so far and it will be too late forus if we end up going down because of VAR!

I read, or heard someone say, that the PL has instructed referees not to use the pitch side monitors because they want to keep the disruptions short as possible. That obviously isn't working when you look at the delays to Sunday's game. Presumably there have been instances in non-Everton games where decisions have taken an age as well.

Hopefully this is something the PL will reconsider. I'm not sure why they are making such a hash of it so far. I seem to remember it being reasonably successful during the World Cup (until they seemingly decided to stop using it in the final rounds).
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Tue 05 Nov 2019, 7:02 pm

Son's red card is over-turned on appeal - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50309594

Now I'm really confused. I don't necessarily agree that it should have been a red, but I don't understand how the PL releases a statement after the game, explaining why it's a red and that it's inline with the rules, only to then overturn it on appeal. That just suggests that they really are effing clueless.

Also, if his red is overturned, does it mean it's downgraded to yellow, or has he escaped sanction altogether?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumper Tue 05 Nov 2019, 9:22 pm

Football is corrupt and Everton are getting shafted again. It’s a joke to overturn that decision buts it’s not surprising because Everton always appear to be at the worse side of any decision.
Lumper
Lumper

Number of posts : 6833
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Wed 06 Nov 2019, 9:45 am

Lumper wrote:Football is corrupt and Everton are getting shafted again. It’s a joke to overturn that decision buts it’s not surprising because Everton always appear to be at the worse side of any decision.

Maybe because we don't have anyone at the club with the balls to challenge the FA and its corrupt referee decisions, Marco Silva had an opportunity to hit out at the FA over Gomes / for VAR ,sometimes when you rattle organisations they tend to react, Sir Alex Fergusson would have made sure his voice was heard, Moshiri-Brands-Silva not one them has come out and spoke on behalf of Andre Gomes, It's like nobody was to blame for Andre Gomes injury, because he did it all to himself'' if you believe the people defending Heung Min Son'' like he was the victim.

Anyone seen the tackle from Aurier that caused the double fracture to Gomes ankle? Nothing been said about him,you can bet if this was Gomes tackling Son/Aurier he would have been banned ten games

Football corrupt.FA corrupt. affraid
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy&Chips2 Wed 06 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm

Need to take a leaf out of Moyes's book.

Send a video to the head ref to show how many times we have been royally shafted by absolutely dogshit decisions and demand a response.

It happened with Johnson after Wenger called him a diver and it was agreed that 8 of the 10 submissions should have been a penalty.

Send the video, make it public and await the response.

Is this the first red to be overturned this season?

Niasse, Keane and now this?
Gravy&Chips2
Gravy&Chips2

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2019-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Gravy&Chips2 Wed 06 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm

To be fair, it was never a red..... Very Happy
Gravy&Chips2
Gravy&Chips2

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2019-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Wed 06 Nov 2019, 7:18 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

The pitch side screen thing doesn't seem to have happened.  That's one of the worst things about VAR - the ref is NOT in charge, he shrugs off responsibility by pointing to his ear and saying "nothing to do with me, I'm being told what to do".

I read, or heard someone say, that the PL has instructed referees not to use the pitch side monitors because they want to keep the disruptions short as possible. That obviously isn't working when you look at the delays to Sunday's game. Presumably there have been instances in non-Everton games where decisions have taken an age as well.

Hopefully this is something the PL will reconsider. I'm not sure why they are making such a hash of it so far. I seem to remember it being reasonably successful during the World Cup (until they seemingly decided to stop using it in the final rounds).

To be honest VAR worked well in the World Cups (Male and Female) because the referees went over to the monitor.

The logic is realistically straight forward. VAR - it should do what is says on the tin. VIDEO ASSISTANT REFEREE.

1. During the match the appointed referee is in charge of the game. Only that referee knows what he has actually seen with his own eyes. He therefore should go to the screen to allow him/herself the opportunity to see if there is something that he might have missed. Upon being played the film he can then decide based on his recollection has he been shown anything that he has not seen that would cause him to change his decision. I would ban slow motion replays... he never witnessed first hand slow motion (unless its Suarez, Owen, Sturridge who did go down in slow motion - fuck me there's a correlation developing there...) - so what he should be shown is normal speed as many times as he needs to confirm his decision.

2. Having reviewed - HE MAKES THE DECISION - and allows us all to debate it in the pubs and clubs that evening - just like normal.

Any player/coach moving towards the referee upon decision will automatically be carded - let the ref look and then let HIM referee.

On the Moyes point I think we forget being knocked out of a cup by a lower team who did not need to have VAR installed!!!

I do think it was a red - because or the issue of reckless endangerment. The FA made a huge error in linking level of injury as part of the reasoning... particularly as the ref had already brought a yellow out...

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9778
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 07 Nov 2019, 10:40 am

Da Judge wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
SEFTON wrote:

To be honest VAR worked well in the World Cups (Male and Female) because the referees went over to the monitor.

The logic is realistically straight forward. VAR  - it should do what is says on the tin. VIDEO ASSISTANT REFEREE.

1. During the match the appointed referee is in charge of the game. Only that referee knows what he has actually seen with his own eyes. He therefore should go to the screen to allow him/herself the opportunity to see if there is something that he might have missed. Upon being played the film he can then decide based on his recollection has he been shown anything that he has not seen that would cause him to change his decision. I would ban slow motion replays... he never witnessed first hand slow motion (unless its Suarez, Owen, Sturridge who did go down in slow motion - fuck me there's a correlation developing there...) - so what he should be shown is normal speed as many times as he needs to confirm his decision.

2. Having reviewed - HE MAKES THE DECISION - and allows us all to debate it in the pubs and clubs that evening - just like normal.

Any player/coach moving towards the referee upon decision will automatically be carded - let the ref look and then let HIM referee.

On the Moyes point I think we forget being knocked out of a cup by a lower team who did not need to have VAR installed!!!

I do think it was a red - because or the issue of reckless endangerment. The FA made a huge error in linking level of injury as part of the reasoning... particularly as the ref had already brought a yellow out...

Plus the contradiction of Judgement when Mina was alleged to of brought Down, Heung Min Song, Var or the referee Atkinson should have given a penalty to Spurs,then booked Mina for the offence,
failing to do so ,he then should have given Heung Min Son a yellow card for obviously diving, nothing was given, only Niassie and Lanzini at West ham have been brought to justice on diving.

Is it any wonder people call Referee's corrupt?

SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 07 Nov 2019, 4:25 pm

....and once you've booked Son for diving, the chances of him committing another foul diminishes, and the Gomes incident doesn't happen.
As for overturning the red card, it's Son's reaction that has influenced that.
The "professional" "cynical" foul or "taking one for the team", has has always had a degree of recklessness, and it's surprising that other Gomes incidents haven't happened more often. The red card should have been a lesson and warning to other players.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 07 Nov 2019, 4:59 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:....and once you've booked Son for diving, the chances of him committing another foul diminishes, and the Gomes incident doesn't happen.
As for overturning the red card, it's Son's reaction that has influenced that.
The "professional" "cynical" foul or "taking one for the team", has has always had a degree of recklessness, and it's surprising that other Gomes incidents haven't happened more often. The red card should have been a lesson and warning to other players.

I can see the FA throwing out VAR, before end of season, sighting it as unreliable.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next