606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Leeds

+6
Knight of Thorgothshire
callmebubbles
Goodison_Gringo
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
Armchair
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Everton v Leeds - Page 4 Empty Re: Everton v Leeds

Post  hairy cataract Sat 12 Feb 2022, 9:08 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:Right, so where are we?

Everton v Leeds - Page 4 League10

From the bottom up, if Burnley win their 5 games in hand, they'll only be 34 points behind City. I don't think their cunning plan to draw their way to safety is going to work. Games in hand are great but can be a burden on small squads. Prediction: Down

Watford just can't score. They went through their amusing little period of twatting big clubs like us and United. Then they had a phase of losing every week while scoring, now they're losing every week without scoring. Could be a job too far for old Wobbleneck Hodgson, although he is a canny old bird. I think they're too shit for Hodgson to save them. Prediction: Down

Norwich are pretty bad overall with a couple of decent players. They have a good manager though, who seems to get the best out of what he has to work with. Back to back games against Leeds and Brentford in early March will show whether they've got the cojones to stay up or not. Prediction: Probably down.

Newcastle spent well in January, and now that the toxic atmosphere has gone from their ground thanks to that evil bastard Mike Ashley being replaced by some pleasant, live-and-let-live Saudis, their crowd will probably push them to get enough points to stay up comfortably. Prediction: Safer than any journalists who criticise their owners.

Everton (3pm version) - we're fucking doomed, Holgate and Keane at centre back, what the fuck? DCL still isn't fit, like, Kenny's playing FFS. Prediction: Obviously down, sack Lampard, sack the board, sack Doris the tea lady, sack everyone, fold the fucking club, start again in the I Zingari.

Everton (5pm version) - we're back, baby. Don't see where we're going to drop points tbh. Holgate and Keane are dominant. DCL looks back to his best. Kenny is Cafu. Prediction: Top six, Lampard manager of the year

Leeds - I love Bielsa but his teams have always had a tendency to run out of steam from March onwards, cos they're knackered. So with their injuries, they'll be worried.  Horrible run of games coming up now. Will get dragged into it but I suspect there are three worse teams in the league. Prediction: Probably OK

Brentford - point against Palace today was only their fourth in nine games. They've been rumbled, basically. After Arsenal next week they've got Newcastle, Norwich and Burnley in successive weeks, which will reveal what they've got. Played more games than everyone else. If they get sucked into it, they'll go, I reckon. Prediction: Them or Norwich to go.

Good analysis. The BBC should fuck that cunt lineker off and get you on MOTD pronto. And I bet you’re not a sex pest like him (allegedly).

I like Leeds but their fans were horrible today. On the way into the ground there were gangs of the little twerps trying to start fights with us, the police, the police horses, the roadsigns etc. It was like an episode of Life On Mars. Is it really still 1973 up there? So because of that I hope they go down. You don’t get that kind of shit from Fulham
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 12 Feb 2022, 10:13 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

Good analysis. The BBC should fuck that cunt lineker off and get you on MOTD pronto. And I bet you’re not a sex pest like him (allegedly).

I like Leeds but their fans were horrible today. On the way into the ground there were gangs of the little twerps trying to start fights with us, the police, the police horses, the roadsigns etc. It was like an episode of Life On Mars. Is it really still 1973 up there? So because of that I hope they go down. You don’t get that kind of shit from Fulham

I would like to see a Danny Dyer or Ross Kemp series focusing on middle-class firms meeting up in, say, Chipping Norton, for a good old ruckus after a game. "Tristram met the Bournemouth crew head-on and intimidated their leader by downing in one a really rather good bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild. Claret everywhere. And Giles handled a dangerous situation when cornered near the Garden House by laying on a wonderful spread of cheese for his adversaries. The French Cantal was held in particularly high regard. He earned respect."

But hang on, that can't be presented by Danny Dyer or Ross Kemp. Maybe give it to Kirstie Allsopp or Jack Whitehall.

With Leeds it's usually the kids who think they're hard. 14/15-year-olds trying to stare you out as they walk to the ground. I find it genuinely funny. I quite like going to Leeds and have always found it a friendly place, but my youngest lad is studying/working in a bar there and isn't impressed, he's appalled by the parochial nature of many of the locals in what is supposed to be a large, cosmopolitan, multiracial city. The usual; suppressed racism and homophobia and dislike of students simply for being students (actually that one's fair enough, when I think about it.)
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 13 Feb 2022, 11:00 am

Aye the problem with the premier league is that, despite its riches, it’s dominated by teams from northern working class towns. Now If the big six was Cheltenham, Tunbridge Wells, Knightsbridge, Sandringham, Eton and Marlborough, I would be quaffing champagne with rival fans, not asking my valet to set the dogs on them
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sun 13 Feb 2022, 2:56 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Aye the problem with the premier league is that, despite its riches, it’s dominated by teams from northern working class towns. Now If the big six was Cheltenham, Tunbridge Wells, Knightsbridge, Sandringham, Eton and Marlborough, I would be quaffing champagne with rival fans, not asking my valet to set the dogs on them

I could sure get behind that, what, what. When I was just a scruffy northern urchin I used to despise teams like Fulham, in particular, with their neutral fan zone. What the fuck is that all about, I thought, but after moving to London many moons ago, I put myself through a personal gentrification cleansing process. I'd go watch us at Craven Cottage and sit in the said neutral zone. While fellow Blues would be jumping for joy and slipping in their own piss, I would revel in the sight of the sun bouncing off the Thames while masticating my swan sandwiches. Happy days.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 13 Feb 2022, 3:15 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Aye the problem with the premier league is that, despite its riches, it’s dominated by teams from northern working class towns. Now If the big six was Cheltenham, Tunbridge Wells, Knightsbridge, Sandringham, Eton and Marlborough, I would be quaffing champagne with rival fans, not asking my valet to set the dogs on them

I could sure get behind that, what, what. When I was just a scruffy northern urchin I used to despise teams like Fulham, in particular, with their neutral fan zone. What the fuck is that all about, I thought, but after moving to London many moons ago, I put myself through a personal gentrification cleansing process. I'd go watch us at Craven Cottage and sit in the said neutral zone. While fellow Blues would be jumping for joy and slipping in their own piss, I would revel in the sight of the sun bouncing off the Thames while masticating my swan sandwiches. Happy days.

Too right old chap. My favourite thing about the Fulham ground - apart from its leafy setting in an expensive part of town, and it’s riverside pubs full healthy looking blonde girls from the exclusive neighbouring rowing clubs - is the chance to watch the ebb and flow of the Thames when the match gets boring. Looking forward to the new stand at Craven Cottage, I believe it has a rooftop swimming pool. What japes!
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sun 13 Feb 2022, 4:06 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Goodison_Gringo wrote:

Too right old chap. My favourite thing about the Fulham ground - apart from its leafy setting in an expensive part of town, and it’s riverside pubs full healthy looking blonde girls from the exclusive neighbouring rowing clubs - is the chance to watch the ebb and flow of the Thames when the match gets boring. Looking forward to the new stand at Craven Cottage, I believe it has a rooftop swimming pool. What japes!

Roof top swimming pool at craven cottage? You mean the Thames Very Happy back to the game Donny van de Beek is the kind player our midfield has needed ,credit to both Jonjo Kenny and Iwobie as both ran their socks off while Seamus gave a Captains performance play with this kind of intensity and Atmosphere think we will be ok.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10620
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Tue 15 Feb 2022, 3:17 am

There was some trouble during the game caused by some Leeds fans.

Everton v Leeds: Pepper spray use towards fans 'proportionate and necessary', say police.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60380518
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74444

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4