606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Leeds

+6
Knight of Thorgothshire
callmebubbles
Goodison_Gringo
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
Armchair
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Everton v Leeds - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton v Leeds

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:36 pm

RICHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

3-0 bounce bounce bounce

Number of posts : 41069
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:38 pm

keep it tight .. .don't even give them a glimmer of hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:40 pm

Ghazi on for Gordon ... wonder what he's like ?????

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:41 pm

Dele shoots wide from a tight angle

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:45 pm

Richie took a small knock there.... replaced by Rondon

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:46 pm

Watford losing as well.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22566
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:46 pm

Armchair wrote:Watford losing as well.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:49 pm

Great effort by Rondon ... good save

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:49 pm

3 added mins

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:52 pm

Looks like a bad injury Hjelde after clashing with Seamus

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:54 pm

FT 3-0
Coleman, Keane, Richarlison

Well played Everton... that's more like the old fight Everton v Leeds - Page 3 Action-s Everton v Leeds - Page 3 Action-s

I can't wait to hear a report from someone who was in the ground... it sounded like it was fooking rocking on the feed

Onwards !!!
bounce bounce

COYB cheers cheers cheers

Everton v Leeds - Page 3 Food-smi Everton v Leeds - Page 3 Food-smi

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 4:55 pm

first league win since 6 December Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 5:08 pm

Everton v Leeds - Page 3 Captur77

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 12 Feb 2022, 5:08 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:first league win since 6 December Very Happy

Yeah, a nine week period during which we only actually played 6 league games because of all the postponements. So not quite as bad as it sounds. Very Happy

We only played one league game between 16th Dec and 15th Jan. We lost it, of course. Brighton.

My first thought when I saw the starting XI was fuck, Allan will get overrun even more than he normally does. Then I remembered we were playing Leeds, who like to stretch the field and play open anyway. So that's starting to look like a masterstroke from Lamps - take advantage of who we're playing against to maximise the numbers we can get forward, knowing that we won't get crowded out in midfield and starved of possession.

I didn't see the game though! Just speculating that that's how it played out. What a relief. I'd have welcomed a jammy 1-0 but the fact that we appeared to have matched them for workrate and played well is even better. I can now I look at our games in hand positively, as an opportunity to climb a bit further clear, rather than merely seeing them as likely to damage our goal difference still further.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Sat 12 Feb 2022, 5:12 pm

callmebubbles wrote:Will deffo lose this one. I have actually made a fortune betting against us this season as the bookies are clueless as to how shit we really are. I got odds of 15-8 on the barcodes to win!!! Easy money. I lumped on us to be relegated back when we were 50-1, so the season ticket will be already paid for in our Championship campaign next season. Lamps probably already realises, too late, that our defence is the worst in prem memory and he has virtually no chance of saving us. Will he be sacked when we go down?

Your thoughts and other points of high erudition?

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9794
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 5:12 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Yeah, a nine week period during which we only actually played 6 league games because of all the postponements. So not quite as bad as it sounds. Very Happy

We only played one league game between 16th Dec and 15th Jan. We lost it, of course. Brighton.

My first thought when I saw the starting XI was fuck, Allan will get overrun even more than he normally does. Then I remembered we were playing Leeds, who like to stretch the field and play open anyway. So that's starting to look like a masterstroke from Lamps - take advantage of who we're playing against to maximise the numbers we can get forward, knowing that we won't get crowded out in midfield and starved of possession.

I didn't see the game though! Just speculating that that's how it played out. What a relief. I'd have welcomed a jammy 1-0 but the fact that we appeared to have matched them for workrate and played well is even better. I can now I look at our games in hand positively, as an opportunity to climb a bit further clear, rather than merely seeing them as likely to damage our goal difference still further.
... and 25 September before that win !!!!

VDB was tremendous help for Allan... Gordon & Iwobi both were excellent today... nice have Richie & DCL up there..

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 12 Feb 2022, 5:20 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

... and 25 September before that win !!!!

VDB was tremendous help for Allan... Gordon & Iwobi both were excellent today... nice have Richie & DCL up there..

Yeah it was the workrate that VdB and Gordon have that put my mind at rest a bit, when I thought about it. Won't work against a lot of teams but it seemed like a gamble well worth taking today.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 12 Feb 2022, 5:41 pm

Da Judge wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:Will deffo lose this one. I have actually made a fortune betting against us this season as the bookies are clueless as to how shit we really are. I got odds of 15-8 on the barcodes to win!!! Easy money. I lumped on us to be relegated back when we were 50-1, so the season ticket will be already paid for in our Championship campaign next season. Lamps probably already realises, too late, that our defence is the worst in prem memory and he has virtually no chance of saving us. Will he be sacked when we go down?

Your thoughts and other points of high erudition?

3-0. Get the fuck in!! Luckily I know fuck all haha. Atmosphere was immense today, right from the start, and the team matched it straight away. Outpressed dirty Leeds and fought for everything. Really like the look of VDB, Gordon had a shitload of shots and all hit the target, and even Iwoful put in a stint. Bit of luck with the crossbar but JP didnt have to make a save and a totally deserved win. If Lamps can keep this attitude going, then there's hope. Fucking brilliant today and I hear a beer (or 10) calling me. Im well chuffed my prediction was a load of bollox. COYB!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 12 Feb 2022, 6:33 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Great effort by Rondon ... good save
Understatement!!
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 12 Feb 2022, 6:34 pm

excuse me?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 12 Feb 2022, 6:38 pm

hairy cataract wrote:No Mykolenko tomorrow either.  Also, listening to Lampard's presser, he'll be picking Seamus over Patterson for the forseeable future.

He sounded miserable today, and who can blame him.  It's going to be a cobbled together team against a high pressing, high energy side who will be licking their lips at playing us after seeing what the Barcodes did on Tuesday.

i've just put a fiver on Leeds to win, both teams to score. Might as well make a few quid out of my misery
I've just got in after the game.
GP was rocking the whole game.
No negative vibes at all.
Kenny with 2 Cruyff turns and a few good tackles has that slot for a few weeks.
I will call him iwobe.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 12 Feb 2022, 6:41 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:No Mykolenko tomorrow either.  Also, listening to Lampard's presser, he'll be picking Seamus over Patterson for the forseeable future.

He sounded miserable today, and who can blame him.  It's going to be a cobbled together team against a high pressing, high energy side who will be licking their lips at playing us after seeing what the Barcodes did on Tuesday.

i've just put a fiver on Leeds to win, both teams to score. Might as well make a few quid out of my misery
I've just got in after the game.
GP was rocking the whole game.
No negative vibes at all.
Kenny with 2 Cruyff turns and a few good tackles has that slot for a few weeks.
I will call him iwobe.
the crowd noise on my feed was fooking ace... well done blues... the fans are an extra man when they're not quiet Everton v Leeds - Page 3 Action-s Everton v Leeds - Page 3 Action-s

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 12 Feb 2022, 7:01 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
excuse me?

See above. Lol. Fucking brilliant day!!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 12 Feb 2022, 8:22 pm

What a day! I can’t remember a noise like that at goodison for a long long while. First half in particular, the atmosphere was incredible.

Kenny had his best game in a blue shirt but to be fair it’s hard to single anyone out, everyone was brilliant. And that move between Dele and Rondon - what a way to round it off. Fucking goalie should have let it in
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 12 Feb 2022, 8:42 pm

Right, so where are we?

Everton v Leeds - Page 3 League10

From the bottom up, if Burnley win their 5 games in hand, they'll only be 34 points behind City. I don't think their cunning plan to draw their way to safety is going to work. Games in hand are great but can be a burden on small squads. Prediction: Down

Watford just can't score. They went through their amusing little period of twatting big clubs like us and United. Then they had a phase of losing every week while scoring, now they're losing every week without scoring. Could be a job too far for old Wobbleneck Hodgson, although he is a canny old bird. I think they're too shit for Hodgson to save them. Prediction: Down

Norwich are pretty bad overall with a couple of decent players. They have a good manager though, who seems to get the best out of what he has to work with. Back to back games against Leeds and Brentford in early March will show whether they've got the cojones to stay up or not. Prediction: Probably down.

Newcastle spent well in January, and now that the toxic atmosphere has gone from their ground thanks to that evil bastard Mike Ashley being replaced by some pleasant, live-and-let-live Saudis, their crowd will probably push them to get enough points to stay up comfortably. Prediction: Safer than any journalists who criticise their owners.

Everton (3pm version) - we're fucking doomed, Holgate and Keane at centre back, what the fuck? DCL still isn't fit, like, Kenny's playing FFS. Prediction: Obviously down, sack Lampard, sack the board, sack Doris the tea lady, sack everyone, fold the fucking club, start again in the I Zingari.

Everton (5pm version) - we're back, baby. Don't see where we're going to drop points tbh. Holgate and Keane are dominant. DCL looks back to his best. Kenny is Cafu. Prediction: Top six, Lampard manager of the year

Leeds - I love Bielsa but his teams have always had a tendency to run out of steam from March onwards, cos they're knackered. So with their injuries, they'll be worried.  Horrible run of games coming up now. Will get dragged into it but I suspect there are three worse teams in the league. Prediction: Probably OK

Brentford - point against Palace today was only their fourth in nine games. They've been rumbled, basically. After Arsenal next week they've got Newcastle, Norwich and Burnley in successive weeks, which will reveal what they've got. Played more games than everyone else. If they get sucked into it, they'll go, I reckon. Prediction: Them or Norwich to go.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next