606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

34 - Anwar El Ghazi - Iwobi mk2 or Gray mk2 ?

4 posters

Go down

34 - Anwar El Ghazi - Iwobi mk2 or Gray mk2 ? Empty 34 - Anwar El Ghazi - Iwobi mk2 or Gray mk2 ?

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 13 Jan 2022, 6:24 pm

Anwar El Ghazi has completed his loan move to Everton from Aston Villa for the remainder of the 2021/22 season.
The 26-year-old Netherlands international winger becomes the Blues’ third signing of the winter transfer window after the arrivals of Ukraine left-back Vitalii Mykolenko and Scotland right-back Nathan Patterson.
Forward El Ghazi joined Aston Villa on loan in August 2018 and was instrumental in their promotion to the Premier League, scoring the opening goal in their Championship play-off final victory over Derby County in May 2019.
A permanent move to the Midlands from French club Lille followed, with the right-footer becoming a popular figure with Villa supporters.
After registering four goals and four assists in 2019/20, El Ghazi – who started his professional career at Dutch giants Ajax - reached double figures for Premier League goals last season, scoring 10 times from 17 starts and 11 appearances as a substitute. That included a late winner at Goodison Park in May 2021.
The winger, who will wear the number 34 shirt, is now looking forward to making his Blues bow and is eligible for Saturday’s trip to Norwich at Carrow Road (3pm GMT).
“I’m really excited. Everton is a big club, I cannot wait to get started,” El Ghazi told evertontv.
“I want to show my quality to my teammates, to the Club and, of course, the fans. I want to put a smile on their faces.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2446641/el-ghazi-joins-everton?fbclid=IwAR3CeOLzuI5-lOiAwEUToyu0mlx9CpMoNqsVXn61riAgZM5FJFh40okKXZU

Last edited by Made 4 Gwladys on Fri 14 Jan 2022, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Number of posts : 41070
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

34 - Anwar El Ghazi - Iwobi mk2 or Gray mk2 ? Empty Re: 34 - Anwar El Ghazi - Iwobi mk2 or Gray mk2 ?

Post  Armchair Thu 13 Jan 2022, 7:06 pm

Have spent... oh, at least 3 minutes browsing a Villa forum, I'm not sure what to make of this.

He's played regularly for us over the last 2 seasons and was our 2nd top scorer last season despite limited minutes.

There is no way Everton will buy him when they actually watch him play. Just can't see it.

He’s not at the level that we want to be as a club, but I think all Villa fans would wish him nothing but good luck, wherever he ends up.

Maybe Rafa thinks he can get more out of him than Villa did. He certainly has done with Gray and Townsend.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22568
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

34 - Anwar El Ghazi - Iwobi mk2 or Gray mk2 ? Empty Re: 34 - Anwar El Ghazi - Iwobi mk2 or Gray mk2 ?

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:03 pm

Armchair wrote:Have spent... oh, at least 3 minutes browsing a Villa forum, I'm not sure what to make of this.

He's played regularly for us over the last 2 seasons and was our 2nd top scorer last season despite limited minutes.

There is no way Everton will buy him when they actually watch him play. Just can't see it.

He’s not at the level that we want to be as a club, but I think all Villa fans would wish him nothing but good luck, wherever he ends up.

Maybe Rafa thinks he can get more out of him than Villa did. He certainly has done with Gray and Townsend.

He's regularly played limited minutes? haha
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 13 Jan 2022, 11:02 pm

I can't say I've noticed too much of him, which is not always a good sign.
Surely now that we have most of our players back from injury, there are other areas in need of bolstering.
We need a thug midfielder, with an angelic face who can clobber a guy then smile at ref and say "What?"
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 31 Aug 2022, 5:26 pm

Anwar El Ghazi has joined PSV Eindhoven for an undisclosed fee after leaving Aston Villa.

The Dutch winger returns to his homeland after a four-year stay at Villa, helping the club to win promotion back to the Premier League in his first season.

The 27-year-old scored six goals in his first top-flight season in England, going on to score 11 goals in 2020/21.

Number of posts : 41070
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down