606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17 - Alex Iwobi - the pass before the assist

+7
Rotterdam 1985
Made 4 Gwladys
Blue gazza
hairy cataract
SEFTON
Armchair
Yankthattoffee
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

17 - Alex Iwobi - the pass before the assist Empty 17 - Alex Iwobi - the pass before the assist

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:00 pm

Update from @AdrianJKajumba and it looks like Everton have a breakthrough on Alex Iwobi: no details of fee as yet but the indications are that he will move to Goodison Park today
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

17 - Alex Iwobi - the pass before the assist Empty Re: 17 - Alex Iwobi - the pass before the assist

Post  Armchair Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:04 pm

Underwhelming.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

17 - Alex Iwobi - the pass before the assist Empty Re: 17 - Alex Iwobi - the pass before the assist

Post  Armchair Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:05 pm

£35m-£40m apparently No
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:09 pm

Armchair wrote:£35m-£40m apparently No

BBC - Alex Iwobi's move to Everton has been agreed. The fee is believed to be between £35m-£40m.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:22 pm

To be fair, he's an upgrade on Walcott cheers
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:33 pm

SEFTON wrote:To be fair, he's an upgrade on Walcott cheers

and on Lookman
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25880
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:44 pm

Seems like Zaha's poor relation to me. I like the RS approach of tapping up identifying a player (e.g. Van Dyke) - if you can't get him in one transfer window, wait until the next.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 08 Aug 2019, 5:57 pm

Alex Iwobi is undergoing a medical in London and will sign a five-year contract to join Everton from Arsenal for around £35-40m. A deal sheet was submitted by the 5pm deadline and the transfer should be completed without a problem by the 7pm extension cut-off.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 08 Aug 2019, 7:14 pm

Very mixed opinions on the Arsenal forum I'm reading. Not quick enough to be a winger, might make a good central midfielder, good dribbling, final pass/shoot woeful etc. Sounds like he has potential but £35m is a lot of wonga for potential.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 08 Aug 2019, 7:56 pm

Word seems to be that it's £28m rising to £35m with add-ons. I reckon he'll be a decent addition to the squad. I reckon he's at least £10m better than Lookman, so we can't go far wrong really.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25880

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 08 Aug 2019, 9:33 pm

'Tis done.

Stats 2018/19 35 games, 3 goals, 6 assists. 2017/18 26, 3, 5.

Some mad dribbling skills on youtube.

Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 08 Aug 2019, 10:26 pm

i'm kinda glad we never spent a shedload on zaha, keep it till jan for zouma Very Happy quite excited about this signing tho, it gives us plenty of pace and variable options up front
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Wed 14 Sep 2022, 9:37 am

Fast becoming a fans favourite for his work ethic alone I love you

"I feel like I'm part of the Evertonian family. I haven't got the scouse accent yet, which I'll never get. But yeah I feel like I'm one of them, one of Everton” - Alex Iwobi

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 14 Sep 2022, 11:09 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Fast becoming a fans favourite for his work ethic alone I love you

"I feel like I'm part of the Evertonian family. I haven't got the scouse accent yet, which I'll never get. But yeah I feel like I'm one of them, one of Everton” - Alex Iwobi

Lazy fucker. If he wants a scouse accent he needs to work on it, rather than sitting around playing computer games all afternoon after training.

As with learning a language, he can at least start with a few simple words and phrases - scran, go'ed, soft lad, redandwhiteshite, "Frank had a cob on after the Villa game."

Does he even know who Cilla Black is? Has he never even heard "Treason"? This has left a question mark hanging over him in my book. Bad attitude.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 04 Nov 2022, 10:16 pm

Bullets that Everton dodged #13,674. How did this fella go from a virtual laughing stock to possibly my favourite player since Baines left? A great story, too cute for Hollywood etc etc. He's a very likeable bloke irrespective of his talent.

Also this is a lesson on coaching vs management, and how wealthy footballers are humans too, with a need to be loved and believed in. The waiter seemed to share with Koeman a tendency to write players off and tell them they were shite, rather than try to improve them and unearth their potential.

And, hands up, I thought Iwobi was shite and I was reasonably OK with the Rafa appointment at the time. Which is why I'm currently managing a materials database for a FTSE 250 company, rather than a professional football club. Although I'd have binned off Iwobi and signed Eze, so, swings and roundabouts.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 04 Nov 2022, 10:19 pm

I don't you are along Rotts - loads of us, me include, had written off Iwobi. He wasn't good though, and there was really no real reason to believe that was going to change, but it has. It's really rather remarkable.

I was hesitant with the appointment with Rafa but after the first 4 games (3 wins and 1 draw I think) I was OK'ish with it and glad to be proven wrong. Unfortunately, I wasn't proven wrong for too long after that.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74432

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 04 Nov 2022, 10:51 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I don't you are along Rotts - loads of us, me include, had written off Iwobi. He wasn't good though, and there was really no real reason to believe that was going to change, but it has. It's really rather remarkable.

I was hesitant with the appointment with Rafa but after the first 4 games (3 wins and 1 draw I think) I was OK'ish with it and glad to be proven wrong. Unfortunately, I wasn't proven wrong for too long after that.

I think this is right, and thank you Thorg for making me feel better about my judgement. He was shite. Was there an Everton fan out there saying "give it 18 months and he'll come good"?

It's just a nice, and indeed remarkable, feel-good story.

As for Rafa, I just shudder when I think about him. I think I've flogged myself enough for that one. My back is raw, so i'll let it go now. Rafa made the Koeman and Allardyce eras seem palatable. In my lifetime only Mike Walker rivals him for "what the fuck?" vibes. It demonstrates two things - 1, how far we'd fallen at that time, that we (I) saw him of all people as our saviour, and 2, never to take seriously a single thing I ever say on this board. To paraphrase Socrates*, "all I know is I know nothing."

*the Greek philosopher, not the Brazilian footballer. It annoys me that I have to point this out every time I refer to Socrates (the Greek philosopher, not the Brazilian footballer.) And Aristotle was the better philosopher anyway. Why has no Brazilian footballer ever called himself Aristotle? And why is "philosopher" such a difficult word to type?
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 05 Nov 2022, 8:29 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:I don't you are along Rotts - loads of us, me include, had written off Iwobi. He wasn't good though, and there was really no real reason to believe that was going to change, but it has. It's really rather remarkable.

I think this is right, and thank you Thorg for making me feel better about my judgement. He was shite. Was there an Everton fan out there saying "give it 18 months and he'll come good"?

It's just a nice, and indeed remarkable, feel-good story.

As for Rafa, I just shudder when I think about him. I think I've flogged myself enough for that one. My back is raw, so i'll let it go now. Rafa made the Koeman and Allardyce eras seem palatable. In my lifetime only Mike Walker rivals him for "what the fuck?" vibes. It demonstrates two things - 1, how far we'd fallen at that time, that we (I) saw him of all people as our saviour, and 2, never to take seriously a single thing I ever say on this board. To paraphrase Socrates*, "all I know is I know nothing."

*the Greek philosopher, not the Brazilian footballer. It annoys me that I have to point this out every time I refer to Socrates (the Greek philosopher, not the Brazilian footballer.) And Aristotle was the better philosopher anyway. Why has no Brazilian footballer ever called himself Aristotle? And why is "philosopher" such a difficult word to type?
yeah, I'm with you guys on Iwobi.. I though he was shite & needed shipping out too.. glad I was wrong & long may it continue.
As for the waiter, I'm proud to say that I always considered him to be a fat fucking redshite cunt... and I was right Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 07 Jan 2023, 9:03 am

Frank Lampard is hopeful Alex Iwobi's ankle ligament injury is "not too serious" after confirming the Everton midfielder will go for a scan on Saturday.

Iwobi fell awkwardly after a challenge from defender Tyrell Malacia early in the second half of Everton’s 3-1 FA Cup third round defeat to Manchester United. He was unable to continue and had to be taken off on a stretcher.

Speaking at Old Trafford after the contest, Lampard told evertontv: "We hope it's not too serious.

"It is an ankle ligament injury, we hope it’s a lesser one. He will have a scan tomorrow to confirm."

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3012292/boss-provides-iwobi-injury-update

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 07 Jan 2023, 11:31 am

Its us. We all know what the outcome is going go be. Last year, I would.probably have been cheering this, but he is by far our most improved player under Lamps and its a big loss. Fucking FA Cup!!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 08 Jan 2023, 10:48 am

Alex Iwobi is expected to be out for around three weeks with the ankle ligament injury sustained against Manchester United on Friday.

The Everton midfielder was taken off on a stretcher early in the second half of the FA Cup tie at Old Trafford.

Scan results on Saturday confirmed a lateral ligament injury that will be managed conservatively by the Club’s medical team at Finch Farm.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/3013350/iwobi-injury-update

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 08 Jan 2023, 11:06 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Alex Iwobi is expected to be out for around three weeks with the ankle ligament injury sustained against Manchester United on Friday.

The Everton midfielder was taken off on a stretcher early in the second half of the FA Cup tie at Old Trafford.

Scan results on Saturday confirmed a lateral ligament injury that will be managed conservatively by the Club’s medical team at Finch Farm.

That's some relief, sounds like a sprain then, rather than a rupture. I have to say I thought he'd be fucked for months given how much pain he appeared to be in.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 08 Jan 2023, 11:08 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:Alex Iwobi is expected to be out for around three weeks with the ankle ligament injury sustained against Manchester United on Friday.

That's some relief, sounds like a sprain then, rather than a rupture. I have to say I thought he'd be fucked for months given how much pain he appeared to be in.

Also that would mean he only misses two games - both big games, admittedly - because the third week will be Cup 4th round weekend. So if all is well he'll be back for the Arsenal game in 4 weeks' time.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 08 Jan 2023, 11:12 am

So are we going to block Doucoures transfer now? Otherwise its just Davies or McNeil who are both even shittier than the Duke?
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 08 Jan 2023, 11:32 am

callmebubbles wrote:So are we going to block Doucoures transfer now? Otherwise its just Davies or McNeil who are both even shittier than the Duke?

Depends how desperate we are for the money I suppose.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next