606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Brighton

+4
Yankthattoffee
callmebubbles
Rotterdam 1985
Made 4 Gwladys
8 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Everton v Brighton - Page 5 Empty Re: Everton v Brighton

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 02 Jan 2022, 3:48 pm

Not a bad chance there for Gordon. Wide though.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74444
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 02 Jan 2022, 3:50 pm

4 mins of Lexus stoppage time
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22566
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 02 Jan 2022, 3:50 pm

Rondon with a chance, not even close.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 02 Jan 2022, 3:51 pm

4 minutes of added time, I'd be surprised if we manage to get a goal and a point here.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 02 Jan 2022, 3:51 pm

I know this will get a reaction but get rid of Rafa,,,, NOW !

Number of posts : 41069

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 02 Jan 2022, 3:54 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:FT 2-3

2-3 to the mighty Brighton

47% POSSESSION

so there we are... we tried a little bit more in the 2nd half... a bit like a primary school XI that were being twatted by the bigger boys in class 4.

I'm in awe of our tactics

boooo Everton v Brighton - Page 5 Moon

Number of posts : 41069

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 02 Jan 2022, 3:55 pm

Rafa is historic - Brighton with their first EVER victory at Goodison.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 02 Jan 2022, 4:35 pm

Its a battle of us, Watford and Toons. 2 of the 3 to go down with Norwich
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 02 Jan 2022, 6:33 pm

Felt like the crowd were turning today and Rafa will struggle to win them back. Cheers for Digne when he was warming up, boos for the Rondon substitutions …. It was a very strange team selection today. I must admit I’m baffled at putting seamus on the left and Lucas on the bench. And three at the back, conceding central midfield to Brighton? Best part of the day was my hot dog before the match. We might be a shit football team but we do a decent hot dog. Will try the pie next time.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Sun 02 Jan 2022, 7:53 pm

6pts from the last 36 available and that was from games against Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal & Chelsea.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38118
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Super Mon 03 Jan 2022, 12:08 pm

Everton have lost their first league game in each of the last five calendar years.
Super
Super

Number of posts : 38118
Registration date : 2005-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 03 Jan 2022, 2:46 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Felt like the crowd were turning today and Rafa will struggle to win them back.  Cheers for Digne when he was warming up, boos for the Rondon substitutions ….   It was a very strange team selection today. I must admit I’m baffled at putting seamus on the left and Lucas on the bench. And three at the back, conceding central midfield to Brighton?  Best part of the day was my hot dog before the match. We might be a shit football team but we do a decent hot dog. Will try the pie next time.

This is the very worst of Rafa, overthinking things because he sees himself as some kind of genius. Contrast that with what was basically 4-4-2 simplicity with square pegs in square holes at the start of the season. He just can't help himself.

The only way I could justify his appointment in my head in the first place was the fact that he'd get results. If he's actually losing us games based on his own decisions, before a ball has been kicked, then that justification goes.

So count me as being on board the "Dunc until the end of the season" train. We'll probably then give Souness a five year contract.

All I want is survival until we're in the new stadium. Not even asking for a trophy or a top half finish. Is that too much to ask? God knows how you, Bubbles etc must feel while actually going to most of the games. Football's version of the Great Rock and Roll Swindle, Farhad as Malcolm McLaren. Digne is Glen Matlock. Rafa is Sid, obviously. "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14879
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Mon 03 Jan 2022, 3:01 pm

This actually feels worse than all the grim times of the last 50 odd years that I have been going. There was always a good spirit with the fans and a realisation we didnt have the real spending power to mix it regularly with the 'big-boys' and just enjoyed being most fans 'no.2 club' and take any success on offer.
Now we have the top 3 with so much spending power that its impossible to get anywhere near, and even though we suddenly had a bit of cash to flash, and maybe sneak onto the fringes of the top table, we blew it so abysmally that we are now in an even worse position!!! A new stadium on the way and we are possibly goimg to be relegated for the first time in my life, with an ex shite at the helm!!!!! Its bloody awful!!!! I agree with the above, hang on somehow this.and next season, get some youth through the system and sensible transfers, and hope in about 5 years the 'big 6' (wankers!!) will all fuck off to some boring 'super-league' and we can dominate what remains and win a shit-load of trophies before I exit this mortal coil.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 03 Jan 2022, 3:31 pm

callmebubbles wrote:This actually feels worse than all the grim times of the last 50 odd years that I have been going. There was always a good spirit with the fans and a realisation we didnt have the real spending power to mix it regularly with the 'big-boys' and just enjoyed being most fans 'no.2 club' and take any success on offer.
Now we have the top 3 with so much spending power that its impossible to get anywhere near, and even though we suddenly had a bit of cash to flash, and maybe sneak onto the fringes of the top table, we blew it so abysmally that we are now in an even worse position!!! A new stadium on the way and we are possibly goimg to be relegated for the first time in my life, with an ex shite at the helm!!!!!  Its bloody awful!!!! I agree with the above, hang on somehow this.and next season, get some youth through the system and sensible transfers, and hope in about 5 years the 'big 6' (wankers!!) will all fuck off to some boring 'super-league' and we can dominate what remains and win a shit-load of trophies before I exit this mortal coil.

Yeah, this, and what Rotts says. It's miserable at the moment. All I ask for these days is a bit of hope. The hope you get before a game that the team might have some pride in the shirt, might go out to win it, might play some lovely joined-up football, might defend with all their heart, and might even go on a cup run or have a tilt at Europe occasionally. Post-Moyes it's been up and down - mostly down - but this feels like the biggest down of them all. I just don't see how we can build from this under the current regime. Moshiri has brought in shitloads of money and he's building us a stadium. For that, I'm grateful. But the cost seems to be a terrible squad under a succession of clueless managers. I agree that we need to somehow stumble through to the new stadium without getting relegated, and us fans will probably have to put up with more misery before it gets better.

Anyway, on the upside, I'll be close to getting an OAP discount when Bramley Moore is ready, so I'll be able to upgrade my seat so I get an even clearer view of us playing shit football under a shit manager. Hurrah.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25890

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 03 Jan 2022, 8:48 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:This actually feels worse than all the grim times of the last 50 odd years that I have been going. There was always a good spirit with the fans and a realisation we didnt have the real spending power to mix it regularly with the 'big-boys' and just enjoyed being most fans 'no.2 club' and take any success on offer.
Now we have the top 3 with so much spending power that its impossible to get anywhere near, and even though we suddenly had a bit of cash to flash, and maybe sneak onto the fringes of the top table, we blew it so abysmally that we are now in an even worse position!!! A new stadium on the way and we are possibly goimg to be relegated for the first time in my life, with an ex shite at the helm!!!!!  Its bloody awful!!!! I agree with the above, hang on somehow this.and next season, get some youth through the system and sensible transfers, and hope in about 5 years the 'big 6' (wankers!!) will all fuck off to some boring 'super-league' and we can dominate what remains and win a shit-load of trophies before I exit this mortal coil.

Yeah, this, and what Rotts says. It's miserable at the moment.  All I ask for these days is a bit of hope.  The hope you get before a game that the team might have some pride in the shirt, might go out to win it, might play some lovely joined-up football, might defend with all their heart, and might even go on a cup run or have a tilt at Europe occasionally.  Post-Moyes it's been up and down - mostly down - but this feels like the biggest down of them all.  I just don't see how we can build from this under the current regime.  Moshiri has brought in shitloads of money and he's building us a stadium.  For that, I'm grateful.  But the cost seems to be a terrible squad under a succession of clueless managers.  I agree that we need to somehow stumble through to the new stadium without getting relegated, and us fans will probably have to put up with more misery before it gets better.

Anyway, on the upside, I'll be close to getting an OAP discount when Bramley Moore is ready, so I'll be able to upgrade my seat so I get an even clearer view of us playing shit football under a shit manager.  Hurrah.
I have just watched the goals, having boycotted MOTD. The thing that stuck out defensively, is how we need a strong CB partnership, and soon. Holgate is a liability. At times he offers nothing. Keane is only good if he has Mina alongside him. Godfrey is suffering from utility man syndrome, and the FBs are well, not good enough. I don't think it's necessarily a case of tactics, but poor play from bewildered defenders. 3 at the back needs to translate into 3 in the middle. The dilemma is whether playing 4-4-2 is more like 4-2-4 when Gray and Gordon offer anything defensively? If RB is going to play Richie and DCL, then one winger will have to go, and we now have a flight of wingers. That leaves the Duke and Allen as the only true midfielders, and they can get overrun if the opposition flood the middle. Rangnick floods the middle of the park, and I can see other managers looking at that as a strong tactic. RB has to look at that too.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5