606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton V Watford.

+8
Blue gazza
Knight of Thorgothshire
Goodison_Gringo
Armchair
Yankthattoffee
Made 4 Gwladys
hairy cataract
SEFTON
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Everton V Watford. - Page 4 Empty Re: Everton V Watford.

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 23 Oct 2021, 4:53 pm

Still time for Newcastle to take Benitez?
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4518
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 23 Oct 2021, 4:53 pm

This is arguably the most embarrassing defensive performance I have ever seen from us.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74437
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 23 Oct 2021, 4:54 pm

Watford's last two games in the league.

Watford - Liverpool 0-5
Everton - Watford 2-5.

These are the times I'm glad I don't live in Liverpool and work with Shite fans.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenqu Sat 23 Oct 2021, 4:55 pm

Utterly dreadful collapse in second half. Gutted Sad
Helenqu
Helenqu

Number of posts : 4895
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.silverchainsuk.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 23 Oct 2021, 4:55 pm

disgraceful

Number of posts : 41060

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 23 Oct 2021, 4:55 pm

And yes, massive boos from the 137 home fans still in the stands at the final whistle.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 23 Oct 2021, 5:17 pm

First home game I've missed so far this season, and what a fucking great decision. I had to ring to apologise to my mate who took my ticket. Fucking hell.

Pickford the only player who comes out of this with any credit. That was the worst I've seen in years. And compare King with Rondon... how Everton is that?
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25886

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 23 Oct 2021, 5:31 pm

With Doucoure and DCL out long term, this is just a taste of things to come. Dismal performance and will only get worse. Rondon is utterly useless!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sat 23 Oct 2021, 5:46 pm

callmebubbles wrote:With Doucoure and DCL out long term, this is just a taste of things to come. Dismal performance and will only get worse. Rondon is utterly useless!!!

Sadly, looking at the fixtures coming up, I think you're right. By the time those two are back, we'll have lost all heart and be deep in the bottom half. Rondon is a problem, but a bigger problem now is the defence and the midfield. The fact we've got no cover for Digne is mad - he's been dreadful at times this season but he seems to escape criticism. And I was really hoping Davies would step up in his preferred box-to-box position, but in the last fifteen particularly he was a liability.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 23 Oct 2021, 5:49 pm

Imagine Ranieri on the bus back to London.... so that fat arsehole serving the half time pies said it was an easy game eh... and by the way Josh, what d'ya make of the fat cunt up front they signed to replace you !

Laughed, we nearly shat.... to quote Derek & Clive

Everton V Watford. - Page 4 695251 Everton V Watford. - Page 4 695251 boooooooooooooooo Everton V Watford. - Page 4 695251 Everton V Watford. - Page 4 695251

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sat 23 Oct 2021, 6:52 pm

The fat waiter after match comment about taking off Gordon ? the lads not got 90 minutes in his legs, has he gone blind cause Rondon not been fit for all the games he’s started. The irony of a kopite getting us relegated is fast becoming a reality.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10615
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 23 Oct 2021, 9:27 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:With Doucoure and DCL out long term, this is just a taste of things to come. Dismal performance and will only get worse. Rondon is utterly useless!!!

Sadly, looking at the fixtures coming up, I think you're right.  By the time those two are back, we'll have lost all heart and be deep in the bottom half.  Rondon is a problem, but a bigger problem now is the defence and the midfield.  The fact we've got no cover for Digne is mad - he's been dreadful at times this season but he seems to escape criticism.  And I was really hoping Davies would step up in his preferred box-to-box position, but in the last fifteen particularly he was a liability.

Read this match thread mate.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 24 Oct 2021, 3:04 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Sadly, looking at the fixtures coming up, I think you're right.  By the time those two are back, we'll have lost all heart and be deep in the bottom half.  Rondon is a problem, but a bigger problem now is the defence and the midfield.  The fact we've got no cover for Digne is mad - he's been dreadful at times this season but he seems to escape criticism.  And I was really hoping Davies would step up in his preferred box-to-box position, but in the last fifteen particularly he was a liability.

Read this match thread mate.

Yes, I've had a look now and you were calling it all day about Digne.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 24 Oct 2021, 7:10 pm

What the fuck the red cunts are going to do to us next month is scary. Absolutely dreading it.
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5553
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 24 Oct 2021, 9:58 pm

callmebubbles wrote:What the fuck the red cunts are going to do to us next month is scary. Absolutely dreading it.

I've got a clash of events - I've got tickets for a gig in London on the same night as the derby. I was going to ditch the gig tickets, but do I really want to get the train up to Liverpool, stay overnight, get the train back, in the middle of the week, just to watch our totally inevitable mauling at the hands of Salah and pals? Though I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp sends out the reserves against us. We'll still lose but it will be even more embarrassing.

That gig is sounding more and more attractive.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 25 Oct 2021, 11:12 am

hairy cataract wrote:
callmebubbles wrote:What the fuck the red cunts are going to do to us next month is scary. Absolutely dreading it.

I've got a clash of events - I've got tickets for a gig in London on the same night as the derby.  I was going to ditch the gig tickets, but do I really want to get the train up to Liverpool, stay overnight, get the train back, in the middle of the week, just to watch our totally inevitable mauling at the hands of Salah and pals?  Though I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp sends out the reserves against us.  We'll still lose but it will be even more embarrassing.

I haven't got any events arranged that clash with the derby.... but I'm desperately trying to arrange something that will make it impossible for me to watch it

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Mon 25 Oct 2021, 12:35 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I've got a clash of events - I've got tickets for a gig in London on the same night as the derby.  I was going to ditch the gig tickets, but do I really want to get the train up to Liverpool, stay overnight, get the train back, in the middle of the week, just to watch our totally inevitable mauling at the hands of Salah and pals?  Though I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp sends out the reserves against us.  We'll still lose but it will be even more embarrassing.

I haven't got any events arranged that clash with the derby.... but I'm desperately trying to arrange something that will make it impossible for me to watch it

I've gouged my eyes out with teaspoons, just to be sure.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22560
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Mon 25 Oct 2021, 7:52 pm

hairy cataract wrote:

What's the gig? Like, if it's Coldplay, or an Eagles tribute band then I'd be happy to take my chances with a potential derby humiliation.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14863
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 25 Oct 2021, 10:39 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

What's the gig? Like, if it's Coldplay, or an Eagles tribute band then I'd be happy to take my chances with a potential derby humiliation.

I'd rather see an Eagles tribute band for sure. Coldplay, maybe not so much.

Du Blonde at the Dome in Tufnell Park.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 26 Oct 2021, 1:54 am

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I'd rather see an Eagles tribute band for sure.  Coldplay, maybe not so much.

Yeah, I'd go to the gig. And I'm not even much of a fan (she's alright) but it's quite a low threshold to pass. She'll be good live, I reckon. And a 400-mile round trip to watch the next derby has a carrying-your-own-cross vibe to it.

The Eagles have always bored the tits off of me. The missus loves the Eagles. But she only likes about seven bands, which means she plays The Eagles a lot. And so it goes, a one-way helter skelter of increasing Eagles-related annoyance.

Your call though. No gig I ever attended felt like a derby defeat. But no gig ever felt like a derby win either. I did see The Breeders in Birmingham the night we lost the World Cup semi to Croatia. That could easily have been the best gig of my life but it turned out to be the worst, I'm not sure the band knew what they'd done wrong, bless them.

But mate, if you can envisage a scenario in which Rondon runs van Dijk ragged and Digne doesn't give Salah a kick then fell yer boots and get up there for the party. I'll have your gig tickets.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 26 Oct 2021, 9:11 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Yeah, I'd go to the gig. And I'm not even much of a fan (she's alright) but it's quite a low threshold to pass. She'll be good live, I reckon. And a 400-mile round trip to watch the next derby has a carrying-your-own-cross vibe to it.

The Eagles have always bored the tits off of me. The missus loves the Eagles. But she only likes about seven bands, which means she plays The Eagles a lot. And so it goes, a one-way helter skelter of increasing Eagles-related annoyance.

Your call though. No gig I ever attended felt like a derby defeat. But no gig ever felt like a derby win either. I did see The Breeders in Birmingham the night we lost the World Cup semi to Croatia. That could easily have been the best gig of my life but it turned out to be the worst, I'm not sure the band knew what they'd done wrong, bless them.

But mate, if you can envisage a scenario in which Rondon runs van Dijk ragged and Digne doesn't give Salah a kick then fell yer boots and get up there for the party. I'll have your gig tickets.
you should deffo go to the gig Hairy... that will almost certainly mean a positive derby result for us Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 26 Oct 2021, 12:08 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I played her first album to death, so I thought I'd go. She's a bit fucking mad to be fair. I'm not sure how good she'll be live - I've seen some recent footage and it's not brilliant - but I've been trying to up my gig-going a bit post-lockdown. Only small gigs, youngish bands, as local to me as possible. I saw The Mysterines at the Garage in Highbury the other week and they were brilliant. I thought i'd be the only old cunt there, but there fucking loads of us. My theory is that any band that gets played on Radio 6 is going to pull in a mixed-age crowd. The venue missed an opportunity by not having a cocoa offering at the bar. Youngest people there were the band. I just bought tickets for Dream Wife next year at the Electric Ballroom. Bit of a theme going on here - guitar bands, mostly women.

I love the Eagles. I'd go see them if they played our local pub and had a few more women in the band.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 26 Oct 2021, 12:59 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I played her first album to death, so I thought I'd go.  She's a bit fucking mad to be fair.  I'm not sure how good she'll be live - I've seen some recent footage and it's not brilliant - but I've been trying to up my gig-going a bit post-lockdown.  Only small gigs, youngish bands, as local to me as possible.  I saw The Mysterines at the Garage in Highbury the other week and they were brilliant.  I thought i'd be the only old cunt there, but there fucking loads of us.  My theory is that any band that gets played on Radio 6 is going to pull in a mixed-age crowd.  The venue missed an opportunity by not having a cocoa offering at the bar.  Youngest people there were the band.  I just bought tickets for Dream Wife next year at the Electric Ballroom.  Bit of a theme going on here - guitar bands, mostly women.  

I love the Eagles. I'd go see them if they played our local pub and had a few more women in the band.

I was doing it pre-lockdown, same thing. Fewer trips to London though, instead I got out to quite a lot of local, small venue gigs (at long last, we have a couple of such places round here now.) My two lads would occasionally invite me to gigs that they were going to with their mates, which was nice - the embarrassment factor no doubt outweighed by the fact that I'd go to the bar for them. I need to get back into the swing of all that before the next lockdown arrives, although last time I checked, my favourite venue seemed to have gone back to booking tribute bands 95% of the time.

Also I've stopped worrying about being the oldest bloke there, because I can't actually remember the last time I felt self-conscious in that way. I think streaming makes it a lot easier for old 'uns to keep tabs on new bands. We can therefore pick and choose who we go to see, given that we don't all have the time to go and see a band we've never really heard of before, just for a night out. Maybe this ensures a generational mix.

I'm now wondering if there's potential for some kind of two-for-one gig/bingo business idea here.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 26 Oct 2021, 5:26 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

I played her first album to death, so I thought I'd go.  She's a bit fucking mad to be fair.  I'm not sure how good she'll be live - I've seen some recent footage and it's not brilliant - but I've been trying to up my gig-going a bit post-lockdown.  Only small gigs, youngish bands, as local to me as possible.  I saw The Mysterines at the Garage in Highbury the other week and they were brilliant.  I thought i'd be the only old cunt there, but there fucking loads of us.  My theory is that any band that gets played on Radio 6 is going to pull in a mixed-age crowd.  The venue missed an opportunity by not having a cocoa offering at the bar.  Youngest people there were the band.  I just bought tickets for Dream Wife next year at the Electric Ballroom.  Bit of a theme going on here - guitar bands, mostly women.  

I was doing it pre-lockdown, same thing. Fewer trips to London though, instead I got out to quite a lot of local, small venue gigs (at long last, we have a couple of such places round here now.) My two lads would occasionally invite me to gigs that they were going to with their mates, which was nice - the embarrassment factor no doubt outweighed by the fact that I'd go to the bar for them. I need to get back into the swing of all that before the next lockdown arrives, although last time I checked, my favourite venue seemed to have gone back to booking tribute bands 95% of the time.

Also I've stopped worrying about being the oldest bloke there, because I can't actually remember the last time I felt self-conscious in that way. I think streaming makes it a lot easier for old 'uns to keep tabs on new bands. We can therefore pick and choose who we go to see, given that we don't all have the time to go and see a band we've never really heard of before, just for a night out. Maybe this ensures a generational mix.

I'm now wondering if there's potential for some kind of two-for-one gig/bingo business idea here.

Mad though isn't it. When I was a yoot, a grey-haired man hanging around at the back of a gig was almost certainly either a nonce, a cop, or the manager of the band. But yeah, I'm not self-conscious often these days either. Maybe when I was at that under-16s disco the other night, that was a bit weird I suppose.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Tue 26 Oct 2021, 10:20 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:

Mad though isn't it.  When I was a yoot, a grey-haired man hanging around at the back of a gig was almost certainly either a nonce, a cop, or the manager of the band.  But yeah, I'm not self-conscious often these days either.  Maybe when I was at that under-16s disco the other night, that was a bit weird I suppose.  

Try explaining to the teachers that you're at the U-9 disco because you want to make sure your grand-daughter is safe....

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9793
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4