606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton V Norwich City

+4
Knight of Thorgothshire
Goodison_Gringo
Made 4 Gwladys
SEFTON
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Everton V Norwich City Empty Everton V Norwich City

Post  SEFTON Thu 23 Sep 2021, 12:52 pm

Everton v Norwich City Saturday 25th September 2021 K/O15.00pm from Goodison Park.

After a very bad week of results against Villa and QPR In league cup,
Everton hope to return to winning ways although the Injury list is growing.
Pickford-Coleman-Richarlison -DCL all out for at least 3 weeks Lucas Digne
faces late fitness test.

Everton near to the bones with a very weak squad players add to that James Rodriguez has left to play for al Ryyan in Quatar.
Solomon Rondon unfit is it any wonder we are limping along.

Norwich City sitting bottom the league yet all I have heard all week is people saying easy 3 points for Norwich, all they got to do is turn up.

No chance NOT in a month Sunday's, Hopefully Benitez Gives Ellis Simms a run out.
Going for a blues win 2-0 Townsend and Grey UTFT's   cheers

SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Everton V Norwich City Empty Re: Everton V Norwich City

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 23 Sep 2021, 2:03 pm

easy 3 points for Norwich, all they got to do is turn up Very Happy

0-2 Craig Bellamy & Justin Fashanu

Number of posts : 41029
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Thu 23 Sep 2021, 4:50 pm

easy 3 points for Norwich, all they got to do is turn up Very Happy

Everton 1 (Paul Rodeout) Norwich 5 (Efan Ekoku 4, Chris Sutton)

I've just looked that game up to see who scored. Ominously it was 18 years ago on the same date as Saturday, 25th September.

Guess who was in the Norwich dugout that day. Yep, Alan Partridge/Mike Walker.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4516
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Thu 23 Sep 2021, 8:02 pm

I am really nervous about this game. Hoping for a sneaky win... affraid
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74425

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 23 Sep 2021, 10:57 pm

All they have to do is etc...

Wouldn't be surprised if this was a draw, though Norwich could well beat our heavily depleted team, especially if Rondon isn't allowed to use his motorised wheelchair or have gas and air available behind the goal. Alternatively, we might surprise everyone and win 5-0.

So my money is on a draw, win, or defeat.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 23 Sep 2021, 11:55 pm

Goodison_Gringo wrote:easy 3 points for Norwich, all they got to do is turn up Very Happy

Everton 1 (Paul Rodeout) Norwich 5 (Efan Ekoku 4, Chris Sutton)

I've just looked that game up to see who scored. Ominously it was 18 years ago on the same date as Saturday, 25th September.

Guess who was in the Norwich dugout that day. Yep, Alan Partridge/Mike Walker.

I was at that game. Memorable for a couple of Norwich lads sat at a table in an absolutely rammed Blue House before the game looking absolutely petrified, especially when someone started the "Robbie Fowler's Illegitimate" song. Me and my brother went over to have a chat to them, given that we basically have southern accents, to put them at ease. First time in the north, methinks.

They asked us to go to the bar for them because they said they had to wait 25 minutes when they first got there to get a beer. "There are no rules here, people were shouting their orders over our heads and getting served before us!" Bless them and their cossetted little rural lives. Nice fellas though, and they had the last laugh of course.

Anyway this is the most nailed on 0-1 since, err, the last one. Darren Eadie with the winner.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14824
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 24 Sep 2021, 8:21 am

Jesus, the amount of bum Squeelers on here crying because we lost couple games affraid God help us if there were to be another war, I'd hate to be stuck in the trenches with you lot pale
No not me, I'm from good old blighty Pool. Everton V Norwich City 803911 I'll be fighting till the last man, Oh wait, Ill probably be the only man. Anyway first thing Monday morning I want an apology at my office. we lose I'm the one under the welcome mat. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 24 Sep 2021, 11:05 am

SEFTON wrote:Jesus, the amount of bum Squeelers on here crying because we lost couple games affraid God help us if there were to be another war, I'd hate to be stuck in the trenches with you lot pale
No not me, I'm from good old blighty Pool. Everton V Norwich City 803911 I'll be fighting till the last man, Oh wait, Ill probably be the only man. Anyway first thing Monday morning I want an apology at my office. we lose I'm the one under the welcome mat. lol!

cheers  Lol, where have you been for the last 35 years Sef? Kendall's gone mate, we're no good anymore. We're shit now.

Business idea: we should set up an Everton nostalgia theme park, SefWorld, where everything is fine and dandy, videos are dotted around everywhere showing re-runs of the Bayern Munich game, and we get served beers by busty wenches wearing Hafnia tops.  Very Happy

I will obviously love to be wrong but I'm seriously considering sticking a good few quid on a 1-0 loss here. Haven't had a bet since the Euros but this one won't leave my head.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 24 Sep 2021, 2:31 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
SEFTON wrote:Jesus, the amount of bum Squeelers on here crying because we lost couple games affraid God help us if there were to be another war, I'd hate to be stuck in the trenches with you lot pale

cheers  Lol, where have you been for the last 35 years Sef? Kendall's gone mate, we're no good anymore. We're shit now.

Business idea: we should set up an Everton nostalgia theme park, SefWorld, where everything is fine and dandy, videos are dotted around everywhere showing re-runs of the Bayern Munich game, and we get served beers by busty wenches wearing Hafnia tops.  Very Happy

I will obviously love to be wrong but I'm seriously considering sticking a good few quid on a 1-0 loss here. Haven't had a bet since the Euros but this one won't leave my head.

Full disclosure - I've got a tenner on Norwich at 6/1. I mean, 6/1 is ridiculous. Obviously I hope I lose the tenner, but at least it covers the fare for my miserable train journey if they do us.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 24 Sep 2021, 2:59 pm

Everton boss Rafael Benitez provides an injury update: "(Jordan) Pickford is okay, has been training, Lucas (Digne) is okay. The others (Richarlison, Seamus Coleman and Dominic Calvert-Lewin) are getting better but remain out."

On if the above injured trio could return for their national teams: "No chance - they will not be available to play international football [in the next international break]."
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 24 Sep 2021, 3:39 pm

I'm hoping we'll sneak a narrow win. But I wouldn't be surprised if they prove to be more than a worthy opponent.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 24 Sep 2021, 5:25 pm

Cantwell and a couple of others I hadn't heard of are out injured for them.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 24 Sep 2021, 5:49 pm

✅ Pickford, Digne
Mad: Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison, Coleman, Gomes, Gbamin (what a fucking surprise part I), Delph (what a fucking surprise part II)

Number of posts : 41029

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Fri 24 Sep 2021, 5:56 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Nobody ever paid for the train on away days, but when you went to places like Birmingham and Leeds you had to contend with the occassional brick thrown at the windows.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4516
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 24 Sep 2021, 7:59 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Full disclosure - I've got a tenner on Norwich at 6/1.  I mean, 6/1 is ridiculous.  Obviously I hope I lose the tenner, but at least it covers the fare for my miserable train journey if they do us.

Easy money.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:40 pm

1Pickford
22Godfrey
13Mina
5Keane
12Digne
14Townsend
16Doucouré
6Allan
17Iwobi
11Gray
33Rondón
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:47 pm

I hope that Rondon has charged the battery for his wheelchair.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:48 pm

Norwich's Max Aarons has had an issue in the warm-up. He's been having some treatment and he's just jogged off down the tunnel...
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 25 Sep 2021, 2:49 pm

No DCL, Ritchie or Seamus. We look ripe for the taking. Despite Norwich being absolute shite, the 6-4 on offer for Norwich or draw looks enormous odds. Hope im wrong and we thump them but have a bad feeling about this game
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 25 Sep 2021, 3:28 pm

Poss pen...
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 25 Sep 2021, 3:29 pm

Given!
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 25 Sep 2021, 3:30 pm

Townsend cheers cheers
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 25 Sep 2021, 3:49 pm

Lethargic performance so far.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sat 25 Sep 2021, 3:56 pm

Would probably be losing against even an average side. Norwich are shite but we still need that 2nd goal
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 25 Sep 2021, 3:58 pm

I felt the penalty was rather fortunate since Allan was nowhere near getting that ball after his initial touch, but I'll take it.

What exactly does Rondon bring to the table? He's decent at holding up the ball, but that's about it. Shocking purchase if you ask me.

Iwobi is like a headless chicken out there. Not sure what he brings either apart from athleticism.

It feels like we haven't really gotten going so far, lacking in intensity and pace. Too much sideways passing, not enough north-south passing movements.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next