606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue

+6
hairy cataract
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
Goodison_Gringo
Yankthattoffee
Armchair
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue Empty 30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue

Post  Armchair Fri 18 Jun 2021, 8:09 am

Everton want to pursue the signing of Wolves and England centre-back Conor Coady, 28. (Football Insider)

CB is probably the only part of the squad that doesn't need strengthening imo 30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue Confused
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22547
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue Empty Re: 30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue

Post  Yankthattoffee Fri 18 Jun 2021, 3:06 pm

Armchair wrote:
Everton want to pursue the signing of Wolves and England centre-back Conor Coady, 28. (Football Insider)

CB is probably the only part of the squad that doesn't need strengthening imo :d

unno:

Kopite?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 18 Jun 2021, 4:58 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair wrote:

CB is probably the only part of the squad that doesn't need strengthening imo :d

unno:

Kopite?

He is yes, but that doesn't worry me really. I just don't see how he'd improve us in any way. I'm not convinced he's any kind of upgrade on Keane. Same age, same style, same level of play.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14823
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Goodison_Gringo Sat 19 Jun 2021, 1:11 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair wrote:

unno:

Kopite?

He is yes, but that doesn't worry me really. I just don't see how he'd improve us in any way. I'm not convinced he's any kind of upgrade on Keane. Same age, same style, same level of play.

I was going to comment this pretty much word for word. Given we don't have a manager there's hopefully a good chance it's bullshit.
Goodison_Gringo
Goodison_Gringo

Number of posts : 4516
Registration date : 2005-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 19 Jun 2021, 1:51 am

Goodison_Gringo wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair wrote:

unno:

Kopite?

I was going to comment this pretty much word for word. Given we don't have a manager there's hopefully a good chance it's bullshit.

Hopefully. Many years ago someone decided to keep a tally of all the players that Everton were linked with in various media outlets during one summer. I think it may have been ToffeeWeb, actually. If memory serves it was in the region of 200, and we signed about 3 of them.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14823
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 07 Aug 2022, 11:38 am

Everton are close to completing the signing of Wolves and England defender Conor Coady, according to the Daily Mail.

Coady was dropped by Wolves manager Bruno Lage during Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Leeds as Max Kilman was paired with Nathan Collins in a four-man defence.

It was the first time that the 29-year-old has been left out by choice in Wolves shirt since April 2017.

Everton have beaten West Ham to his signature, with Coady wanting to leave Molineux for a guarantee of first-team football ahead of the Qatar World Cup.

Everton’s need for a centre-back intensified after opening-day injuries to Ben Godfrey and Yerry Mina.

Godfrey has suffered a fractured fibula with Mina has an ankle issue. It is understood the initial fee for Coady around £12m plus add-ons.

Number of posts : 41029
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 07 Aug 2022, 11:57 am

I'd say that's a pretty good signing 30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue Confused
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 07 Aug 2022, 2:51 pm

Armchair wrote:I'd say that's a pretty good signing 30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue Confused
He's a Kopite.
Now were well overloaded in the CB category, even with injuries.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 07 Aug 2022, 3:58 pm

Tarkowski and coady will massively improve us in my opinion.

Very happy if this happens
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25870

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 07 Aug 2022, 5:02 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Tarkowski and coady will massively improve us in my opinion.

This is a strange window.
With FFP I expected very little, yet the money seems to be oozing out of Big Mosh's wallet again.
I like the Unana/Gueye possibility. If Unana came to GP yesterday, then maybe he's gone to see WHU against City? That puts us in the driving seat methinks.
When do we see the movement out of GP by the not-wanted?
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 07 Aug 2022, 6:43 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:Tarkowski and coady will massively improve us in my opinion.

With FFP I expected very little, yet the money seems to be oozing out of Big Mosh's wallet again.
I like the Unana/Gueye possibility. If Unana came to GP yesterday, then maybe he's gone to see WHU against City? That puts us in the driving seat methinks.
Everton are closing in on the signing of Wolves defender Conor Coady. The 29-year-old is expected to join on an initial loan deal with an option to buy

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Sun 07 Aug 2022, 7:36 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:

When we were first linked with Onana, I was excited but really didn't think it would happen - we just don't seem to be attractive to players like that at the moment: young, in demand, talked-about. But if we can bring him and Gana in, Coady and Tarkowski as first choice centre backs, and a back-up/replacement for DCL, then I'll see it as a good window. McNeil too should bring something to the squad - I feel he's a notch up from both Gordon and Demari.

In terms of FFP, I'm guessing we're structuring the deals cleverly, plus we have the Richie money, and we're getting some big earners off the books like Siggi and Tosun. I also assume/hope that work is going on behind the scenes to offload a few by the end of August - Gomes certainly, and possibly one of Keane/Holgate.

I must admit, I'm not sure about Vinegre - he looks about two foot tall, and seems very much in the Oviedo mold, but it gives us cover on the left - even more important now that Godfrey is probably out for the season.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sun 07 Aug 2022, 9:40 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

When we were first linked with Onana, I was excited but really didn't think it would happen - we just don't seem to be attractive to players like that at the moment: young, in demand, talked-about.  But if we can bring him and Gana in, Coady and Tarkowski as first choice centre backs, and a back-up/replacement for DCL, then I'll see it as a good window.  McNeil too should bring something to the squad - I feel he's a notch up from both Gordon and Demari.  

In terms of FFP, I'm guessing we're structuring the deals cleverly, plus we have the Richie money, and we're getting some big earners off the books like Siggi and Tosun. I also assume/hope that work is going on behind the scenes to offload a few by the end of August - Gomes certainly, and possibly one of Keane/Holgate.

I must admit, I'm not sure about Vinegre - he looks about two foot tall, and seems very much in the Oviedo mold, but it gives us cover on the left - even more important now that Godfrey is probably out for the season.
If all that comes to pass, then Lampard/Thelwell are the best working combo we've had.
Seem to be on the same page. Just highlights how easy it was to get it so dreadfully wrong for the past 6 years.
Hopefully Big Mosh keeps away from the choices and negotiations, and FFP is as ticketyboo as you say.
So, who do you fancy for striker? I just can't figure where that's coming from.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Mon 08 Aug 2022, 10:20 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

When we were first linked with Onana, I was excited but really didn't think it would happen - we just don't seem to be attractive to players like that at the moment: young, in demand, talked-about.  But if we can bring him and Gana in, Coady and Tarkowski as first choice centre backs, and a back-up/replacement for DCL, then I'll see it as a good window.  McNeil too should bring something to the squad - I feel he's a notch up from both Gordon and Demari.  

If all that comes to pass, then Lampard/Thelwell are the best working combo we've had.
Seem to be on the same page. Just highlights how easy it was to get it so dreadfully wrong for the past 6 years.
Hopefully Big Mosh keeps away from the choices and negotiations, and FFP is as ticketyboo as you say.
Belotti s a free agent but rumoured to be close to signing for Roma ... cavani is also free ...wages may be highish, but surely 1-2 year contract would be excellent for us for no outlay in transfer fee.

I just don't get why we aren't prioritising a striker ... I mean I'm please we are signing defenders, midfielders & wingers .... but we HAVEN'T GOT A FUCKING No9 that isn't broken, shit or loaned out !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 08 Aug 2022, 4:15 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

Belotti s a free agent but rumoured to be close to signing for Roma ... cavani is also free ...wages may be highish, but surely 1-2 year contract would be excellent for us for no outlay in transfer fee.

I just don't get why we aren't prioritising a striker ... I mean I'm please we are signing defenders, midfielders & wingers .... but we HAVEN'T GOT A FUCKING No9 that isn't broken, shit or loaned out !!!!
That's the challenge, finding someone who wants to come. I'm sure Mosh would have hd £33M for Haalaand, but he ain't coming here. So I envision a late signing of someone who wants regular footy before the WC., and has been left on the shelf by other teams
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Mon 08 Aug 2022, 4:30 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:

That's the challenge, finding someone who wants to come. I'm sure Mosh would have hd £33M for Haalaand, but he ain't coming here. So I envision a late signing of someone who wants regular footy before the WC., and has been left on the shelf by other teams

I have no idea who it will be. I'm guessing someone we've never heard of, from a European league. We're doing a certain amount of short-term buying in order to stave off relegation, it seems. Gana, Coady, Tarkowski are all over 29, so aren't long term prospects, but McNeil and Onana are in the early stages of their career, so it all seems to be balanced between the right now and the future. So I wouldn't be surprised to see a 28/29 year old striker coming in on a three year deal or a loan.

If we could cover both time frames, then what I'd like to see is Broja coming in on a loan with an option to buy, but I think Chelsea will be asking too much (as will his agent). He's ready to go but should also have plenty of improvement to come.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Mon 08 Aug 2022, 9:38 pm

Coady on loan, seems a particularly good deal, with an option.
Nor sure why Wolves would let this fellow go out this way.

Assuming we have Onana in the bag and Gueye at least looking at the bag, a decent number 9 would prove a pretty decent haul, and not so stupidly costly/
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 09 Aug 2022, 8:52 am

England international Conor Coady has signed for Everton from Wolverhampton Wanderers on a season-long loan.

The 29-year-old defender, who will wear the number 30 shirt for the Blues, is the Club’s fourth signing of the summer transfer window after the arrivals of fellow centre-back James Tarkowski, former Wolves teammate Rúben Vinagre and forward Dwight McNeil.

Born in Merseyside, Coady captained Wolves for the past four seasons and was a hugely influential figure both on and off the pitch for the West Midlands club.

Brought to Molineux in 2015 by Everton Director of Football Kevin Thelwell, when he was Wolves’ Sporting Director, Coady has 10 England caps and is in contention for a World Cup spot in Qatar this winter.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2734912/coady-signs-for-everton

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 09 Aug 2022, 9:31 am

Wolves fans seem genuinely upset that he's left and fans of other clubs annoyed that he didn't sign for them, so I'm putting this down as a good signing. And it saves me doing any research myself.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 09 Aug 2022, 10:08 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Armchair wrote:I'd say that's a pretty good signing 30 - Conor Coady - he's a blue Confused
He's a Kopite.

You say he's a kopite but, his family are Evertonians as is his five year old son who he takes each week to Finch farm,
when he told his son he was going to Everton the lad was so excited he was running around the house.
I have never heard a new player talk so well about his ambitions to play for the club ,check out the video and tell me you still feel the same.

Peter Beardsley-Alan Harper-Dave Watson- Kevin Sheedy many more. lol!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1210551416464603&aggr_v_ids[0]=1210551416464603&notif_id=1660034789196017&notif_t=watch_follower_video&ref=notif
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 09 Aug 2022, 10:41 am

SEFTON wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:
He's a Kopite.

You say he's a kopite but, his family are Evertonians as is his five year old son who he takes each week to Finch farm,
when he told his son he was going to Everton the lad was so excited he was running around the house.
I have never heard a new player talk so well about his ambitions to play for the club ,check out the video and tell me you still feel the same.

Peter Beardsley-Alan Harper-Dave Watson- Kevin Sheedy many more. lol!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1210551416464603&aggr_v_ids[0]=1210551416464603&notif_id=1660034789196017&notif_t=watch_follower_video&ref=notif
I think he's a very good signing... and paired with Tarkowski will give us some reliable steel in an area that's been well .. problematic !

Defence deals >> done
Midfield deals >> done when Onana & IGG finalise
Winger deals >> done
Striker deals >> scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 09 Aug 2022, 12:18 pm

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1556744064304807937

For all you doubters. lol!
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10609
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sun 04 Sep 2022, 2:08 pm

SEFTON wrote:https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1556744064304807937

seeing the way he celebrated when he scored (VAR disallowed) against the shite proves he is true true blue ... he's gonna be great for us

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 04 Sep 2022, 6:28 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
SEFTON wrote:https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1556744064304807937

seeing the way he celebrated when he scored (VAR disallowed) against the shite proves he is true true blue ... he's gonna be great for us

He already is!! A million times better than Keane
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5547
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Mon 05 Sep 2022, 3:38 pm

Thing I really liked in the derby, was that after having his goal chalked off he just had a bit of a word with himself and geed himself up to get back and focus on the job in hand. Proper professional, very good signing.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15994
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next