606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVERTON V LEICESTER

+4
Yankthattoffee
Knight of Thorgothshire
Made 4 Gwladys
Blue gazza
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

EVERTON V LEICESTER - Page 4 Empty Re: EVERTON V LEICESTER

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 28 Jan 2021, 12:36 am

The game finished over 2 hours ago so I've calmed down a bit. But Pickford can fuck off right fucking now.

Nothing worse for a back four than to defend stoutly and almost perfectly for 90 minutes only to see 2 points flushed down the shitter because the twat stood behind them lost his concentration after a mistake 30 seconds earlier and wasn't able to clear his head.

That second half performance is partly on the gaffer, who clearly told them at half-time to sit back and sit deep, and do another Italian job a la the Chelsea game. When it works we purr about it. When it doesn't, we ask questions. It would probably have worked had it not been for that twat in goal. But I have to ask, why we do that against teams like Leicester, who are good, but if they're better than us then it's not by much. Too much respect shown to them second half IMO. And too much faith shown in Pickford to play his part in the plan.

In the end I was very happy to get out of that with a point against a top 6 rival. But if we miss out on Europe by a point at the end of the season, this is the game I'll be thinking back to. Especially if it's Leicester that pip us.

By the way, I only noticed tonight how wide Godfrey is. His shoulder blades are several yards away from each other. Makes Mina and Keane look like Seb Coe. Get some steaks down him, put a bit of beef on, and he could be earning millions in the NFL smashing the shite out of quarterbacks.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14844
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue gazza Thu 28 Jan 2021, 12:47 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:The game finished over 2 hours ago so I've calmed down a bit. But Pickford can fuck off right fucking now.

Nothing worse for a back four than to defend stoutly and almost perfectly for 90 minutes only to see 2 points flushed down the shitter because the twat stood behind them lost his concentration after a mistake 30 seconds earlier and wasn't able to clear his head.

That second half performance is partly on the gaffer, who clearly told them at half-time to sit back and sit deep, and do another Italian job a la the Chelsea game. When it works we purr about it. When it doesn't, we ask questions. It would probably have worked had it not been for that twat in goal. But I have to ask, why we do that against teams like Leicester, who are good, but if they're better than us then it's not by much. Too much respect shown to them second half IMO. And too much faith shown in Pickford to play his part in the plan.

In the end I was very happy to get out of that with a point against a top 6 rival. But if we miss out on Europe by a point at the end of the season, this is the game I'll be thinking back to. Especially if it's Leicester that pip us.

By the way, I only noticed tonight how wide Godfrey is. His shoulder blades are several yards away from each other. Makes Mina and Keane look like Seb Coe. Get some steaks down him, put a bit of beef on, and he could be earning millions in the NFL smashing the shite out of quarterbacks.

pretty much agree there rotts, picko has has enough chances, the fact we are after tying up OLSEN and the other portuguese keeper ? shows CA aint happy with silly mistakes either, on the positive side, we got a point off one of our rivals,that's a good thing
Blue gazza
Blue gazza

Number of posts : 8009
Registration date : 2005-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 28 Jan 2021, 9:52 am

Blue gazza wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:The game finished over 2 hours ago so I've calmed down a bit. But Pickford can fuck off right fucking now.

pretty much agree there rotts, picko has has enough chances, the fact we are after tying up OLSEN  and the other portuguese keeper ?  shows CA aint happy with silly mistakes either,   on the positive side, we got a point off one of our rivals,that's a good thing
Pickford certainly makes some great saves, but boy does he make some fucking costly errors too, he's a bit like the old John Stones but a goalie not a defender... Olsen has looked solid & I can see him becoming the no1 very soon. On the plus side for Pickford, he did totally fuck up that Dick van Dyke bloke & possible been a key piece in the beginnings of the jigsaw that is the shites demise to league 2; you have to love him for that

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Thu 28 Jan 2021, 10:39 am

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:
Blue gazza wrote:

pretty much agree there rotts, picko has has enough chances, the fact we are after tying up OLSEN  and the other portuguese keeper ?  shows CA aint happy with silly mistakes either,   on the positive side, we got a point off one of our rivals,that's a good thing
Pickford certainly makes some great saves, but boy does he make some fucking costly errors too, he's a bit like the old John Stones but a goalie not a defender... Olsen has looked solid & I can see him becoming the no1 very soon. On the plus side for Pickford, he did totally fuck up that Dick van Dyke bloke & possible been a key piece in the beginnings of the jigsaw that is the shites demise to league 2; you have to love him for that
That was 4th place in the bag and still games in hand. I'd prefer a big unit as GK, rather than a little agile one. CA will be looking elsewhere for a number 1, in the summer. The concerning commentator moment was when he said "Everton can't get out of their own half and don't look like they know how." The team sheet was the tell-all.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Fri 29 Jan 2021, 11:06 am

Never been a fan of Jordan Pickford and whilst he made a howler it wasn't great that we allowed Leicester to dominate for 20 minutes ,
the Inevitable was alway's going to happen with that amount of pressure ,would have preferred a more attacking approach from Carlo.
having said that we were very open in the middle, badly missed Allan & Deucourie for this one, still, its a point and should we get three points against the Geordies
it will prove to be an invaluable point at Leicester.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 29 Jan 2021, 2:39 pm

One of the pundits on BT was a goalie from the England womens set up, and she had some interesting observations to make about Pickford's fuck up for the goal. Basically, she said the mad cunt (and I paraphrase) fucked up on the initial cross and pushed it out for an unnecessary corner. Then his head went and he had a rush of adrenaline, which is the worst thing a goal can do, so he flapped at the next cross and wasn't focussed on the shot that he flipped into the net. It's all about the andrenaline rush, and it's his biggest downfall. She said a goalie needs to be able to re-set immediately after every error or incident. Immediately. Pickford simply can't do that. The amount of times he's had a rush of blood to the head and we've conceded is ridiculous now. His head was elsewhere when that shot came in. Either on the two errors immediately preceding it, or on what he was having in his bap after the match, or whatever shite goes on in his pea sized brain.

In short, get the fuck rid of him, and get the England womens goalie in.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 29 Jan 2021, 3:14 pm

hairy cataract wrote:One of the pundits on BT was a goalie from the England womens set up, and she had some interesting observations to make about Pickford's fuck up for the goal.  Basically, she said the mad cunt (and I paraphrase) fucked up on the initial cross and pushed it out for an unnecessary corner.  Then his head went and he had a rush of adrenaline, which is the worst thing a goal can do, so he flapped at the next cross and wasn't focussed on the shot that he flipped into the net.  It's all about the andrenaline rush, and it's his biggest downfall.  She said a goalie needs to be able to re-set immediately after every error or incident. Immediately.  Pickford simply can't do that.  The amount of times he's had a rush of blood to the head and we've conceded is ridiculous now.  His head was elsewhere when that shot came in.  Either on the two errors immediately preceding it, or on what he was having in his bap after the match, or whatever shite goes on in his pea sized brain.

Yep. Goalies need short memories.

I said to my lad immediately after he flapped for that cross "Pickford's head has gone here." The goal went in about 8 seconds later.

We subsequently agreed that if Pickford stays in the team, we need to put the entire back four onto some kind of Health and Safety Awareness course that allows them to recognise distress in twats. That way, next time Pickford puts a shank out for an unnecessary corner, one of them can randomly go down clutching his head, maybe feign swallowing his tongue or something, so that the ref has to stop play immediately. While the injured player is being treated, looking suitably groggy like, the rest of the team (and the coaching staff and selected stewards if required) can queue up to knock some sense into Pickford and get him focused again. Like that scene in Airplane when the woman starts panicking and they're all queueing down the aisle to hit her with baseball bats etc.

I mean, it might be easier just to pick Olsen? Just throwing that one out there...
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Fri 29 Jan 2021, 4:29 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
hairy cataract wrote:One of the pundits on BT was a goalie from the England womens set up, and she had some interesting observations to make about Pickford's fuck up for the goal.  Basically, she said the mad cunt (and I paraphrase) fucked up on the initial cross and pushed it out for an unnecessary corner.  Then his head went and he had a rush of adrenaline, which is the worst thing a goal can do, so he flapped at the next cross and wasn't focussed on the shot that he flipped into the net.  It's all about the andrenaline rush, and it's his biggest downfall.  She said a goalie needs to be able to re-set immediately after every error or incident. Immediately.  Pickford simply can't do that.  The amount of times he's had a rush of blood to the head and we've conceded is ridiculous now.  His head was elsewhere when that shot came in.  Either on the two errors immediately preceding it, or on what he was having in his bap after the match, or whatever shite goes on in his pea sized brain.

I said to my lad immediately after he flapped for that cross "Pickford's head has gone here." The goal went in about 8 seconds later.

We subsequently agreed that if Pickford stays in the team, we need to put the entire back four onto some kind of Health and Safety Awareness course that allows them to recognise distress in twats. That way, next time Pickford puts a shank out for an unnecessary corner, one of them can randomly go down clutching his head, maybe feign swallowing his tongue or something, so that the ref has to stop play immediately. While the injured player is being treated, looking suitably groggy like, the rest of the team (and the coaching staff and selected stewards if required) can queue up to knock some sense into Pickford and get him focused again. Like that scene in Airplane when the woman starts panicking and they're all queueing down the aisle to hit her with baseball bats etc.

I mean, it might be easier just to pick Olsen? Just throwing that one out there...
Pickford reminds me a bit about Howard in the sense that both are (were) generally good when it comes to making reflective saves. These kind of saves normally don't require a lot, if any, thinking, just bravery and reacting to a shot.

It's when they have to get their brains involved where things fall apart. (Don't get me started on Howard and "should I stay or should I go for the cross/corner?")

To put it simply, if Olsen had let that goal in against Leicester I think we all would have been asking for him to be back on the next plane to Rome since he cost us 2 points. It's just not good enough to let those kind of goals in if you are supposed to be a top goalie (and even starting for England).

It just might be time to let Olsen show what he can do.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 29 Jan 2021, 5:42 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Pickford reminds me a bit about Howard in the sense that both are (were) generally good when it comes to making reflective saves. These kind of saves normally don't require a lot, if any, thinking, just bravery and reacting to a shot.

It's when they have to get their brains involved where things fall apart. (Don't get me started on Howard and "should I stay or should I go for the cross/corner?")

To put it simply, if Olsen had let that goal in against Leicester I think we all would have been asking for him to be back on the next plane to Rome since he cost us 2 points. It's just not good enough to let those kind of goals in if you are supposed to be a top goalie (and even starting for England).

We should be thinking about re-signing Big Nev at this stage. His fitness and reflexes probably aren't what they were, but he's the size of a fucking oil tanker these days, so they'll never get the ball past him.

Failing that, I think Rotts & Rotts jnr have a decent plan. Of course, once the fans are back, the lads behind the goal could get involved too and throw bricks at Pickford's bonce to keep him focussed. Or maybe pies. They could throw pies in each corner of the goal so he would automatically stretch to get them and maybe keep the ball out at the same time.

hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25878

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 29 Jan 2021, 6:51 pm

hairy cataract wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

We should be thinking about re-signing Big Nev at this stage.  His fitness and reflexes probably aren't what they were, but he's the size of a fucking oil tanker these days, so they'll never get the ball past him.  

Failing that, I think Rotts & Rotts jnr have a decent plan.  Of course, once the fans are back, the lads behind the goal could get involved too and throw bricks at Pickford's bonce to keep him focussed.  Or maybe pies. They could throw pies in each corner of the goal so he would automatically stretch to get them and maybe keep the ball out at the same time.

There's some obvious Scandinavian bias from Thorg here. They all stick together, those fucking Nordics. So even though Thorg is right, his opinion is disqualified here because he's just looking after his own.

Also Olsen's forefathers probably sacked and pillaged Pickford's part of the world back in the day anyway. So he may as well just pillage his place in the team.

Incidentally Hairy, thanks for pointing out that you were paraphrasing earlier, when talking about the woman goalie describing Pickford as a mad cunt. Made me chuckle. Although I think pundits should have license to tell it like it is. Roy Keane comes pretty close sometimes anyway.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 29 Jan 2021, 7:24 pm

Olsen hasn't looked that convincing imo.
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 29 Jan 2021, 8:53 pm

Armchair wrote:Olsen hasn't looked that convincing imo.

My gut-feeling is I'd rather see Olsen in goal right now.

I think we all know how it will play out with Olsen, if he gets a run in the team - he won't make as many worldies as Pickford, but probably won't make as many ricks either.

Long-term, other goalies are available. Pickford isn't the answer though. IMO he'll never grow up and will never change. Cut our losses and move on.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4