606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton v Arsenal.

+2
Knight of Thorgothshire
SEFTON
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Everton v Arsenal. - Page 3 Empty Re: Everton v Arsenal.

Post  Armchair Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:20 pm

Slowest substitution in the world as DCL comes off, Tosun on lol!
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:21 pm

Armchair wrote:Slowest substitution in the world as DCL comes off, Tosun on lol!
Richie even sl;ower Smile

Number of posts : 41045
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:24 pm

great save .. fucks sake my heart

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:25 pm

FT cheers rendeer santa
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:25 pm

great result ...get in

cheers cheers

could well be the end of Tater

COYB

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:30 pm

Results against the 'Big Seven' this season:

Spuds W
Shite D
United L
Chelsea W
Leicester W
Arsenal W
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:33 pm

I think we'd be kidding ourselves if we said that we dominated the games against Leicester, Chavs and Arse, but we look solid at the back now and still a threat going forward. These are the sort of games we'd have lost in previous seasons.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:34 pm

...and Beglin can shut the feck up.

Keane motm again. If that thumper had gone in, in the first half.
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Number of posts : 7538
Location : In Darkest South Liverpool (security light went out)
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:35 pm

What a whirl wind that was, especially the end where I don't think I took a breath for about 2 minutes...

Anyway, a massive three points! And against Arsenal, who have seemed to be a boogey team for us over the years.

Pickford - he mixes it up between the "what the fook are you doing mate?" to "holy crap, what a save!".

Defence - very very solid, Mina and Keane are rocks and the fullbacks did very well as well.

Midfield - mixed performance for me. I hate to point out Davies, but... He did give away the penalty and was totally invisible in the second half. He loves to run in the shadow of the opposing player which means he is never really available to receive the ball from a team mate. Is he scared of getting the ball and fooking things up?

Attackers - not that much happening to be fair, but DCL's hold up play has really developed this season. And Richie continue to hustle around the pitch.

In the end I do think we just shaded it in the end, so probably a fair result. cheers
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74431

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:50 pm

Very pleased to take up the thread and get 9 points from three top Sky clubs.
But it’s not about me,we are second with many of are first choice players injured,
Carlo Anchelotti taking us forward,people will say it’s far too early to judge us (Agreed)
But you can only beat who ever is in front you and the table will incourage decent players to join
In the January window,if Carlo thinking bringing in players.

UTFT’s.
SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sat 19 Dec 2020, 7:59 pm

SEFTON wrote:Very pleased to take up the thread and get 9 points from three top Sky clubs.
But it’s not about me, we are second with many of are first choice players injured,
Carlo Anchelotti taking us forward,people will say it’s far too early to judge us (Agreed)
But you can only beat who ever is in front you and the table will incourage decent players to join
In the January window,if Carlo thinking bringing in players.

UTFT’s.

Yep, and you don't hear Carlo bleating about injuries, fixture congestion and the need for 17 substitutes per game!
Armchair
Armchair

Qld Toffee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sat 19 Dec 2020, 8:01 pm

Great win. Not as comfortable as the Leicester game but some of the players look a bit leggy now. We let Arsenal have the middle of the park second half, deliberately I reckon. Almost disrespectful, to say to them they can have all the possession they want but they won't score.

Can see several changes for the cup game in midweek.

Regardless of how well others play, I'm going to carry on nominating Mick Keane as MoM until he actually puts a foot wrong. Although DCL today was outstanding.

Happy days and merry Christmas.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14843
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 19 Dec 2020, 9:23 pm

Will the best little Spaniard we know, get his marching orders?
We seem to have a history of killing off old managers.

The result makes it all the more annoying that those suspension/injury plagued series of loses, have conspired to keep us off top spot.

(File under did you know that...)  Each of Yerry Mina's last four Premier League goals for Everton have come in the 45th minute of matches.

Last edited by Yankthattoffee on Sat 19 Dec 2020, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 19 Dec 2020, 9:32 pm

Yankthattoffee wrote:Will the best little Spaniard we know, get his marching orders?

(File under did you know that...)  Each of Yerry Mina's last four Premier League goals for Everton have come in the 45th minute of matches.
Shocked Shocked Shocked What are the odds of that!? Shocked
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Yankthattoffee Sat 19 Dec 2020, 9:43 pm

Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:
Yankthattoffee wrote:Will the best little Spaniard we know, get his marching orders?

My wife was amazed at my crystal ball gazing.
As the ball left Siggy's foot, I yelled Yerry!  The ball hadn't even got to him. Then he buried it.
(Mind you I do yell out stuff like that quite often from corners and free kicks. A Keane header was predicted in similar fashion a month ago or so. My wife has started doing something similar from penalties against us -Yelling "Over the bar!" Didn't work today.

Love Carlo's pronuciation of Coleman and Ben Godfrey. "We have back Coleyman, I think Van Gogh is not used to playing LB...." Smile
Yankthattoffee
Yankthattoffee

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sun 20 Dec 2020, 3:00 am

Yankthattoffee wrote:
Knight of Thorgothshire wrote:

My wife was amazed at my crystal ball gazing.
As the ball left Siggy's foot, I yelled Yerry!  The ball hadn't even got to him. Then he buried it.
(Mind you I do yell out stuff like that quite often from corners and free kicks. A Keane header was predicted in similar fashion a month ago or so. My wife has started doing something similar from penalties against us -Yelling "Over the bar!" Didn't work today.

Love Carlo's pronuciation of Coleman and Ben Godfrey. "We have back Coleyman, I think Van Gogh is not used to playing LB...." Smile
Speaking of Godfrey, as soon as his pass to Richie was intercepted and Arsenal could get the back in to the box I said "Uh oh..." and a few seconds later Davies had given Arsenal a penalty.

Seems like Godfrey has really grown the last few games, he might even have benefitted from playing on the left instead of on the right.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Sun 20 Dec 2020, 12:12 pm

Do we play the same team mid-week in the cup or rest some players? Richie's wrist looks pretty bad.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 20 Dec 2020, 12:41 pm

Armchair wrote:Do we play the same team mid-week in the cup or rest some players? Richie's wrist looks pretty bad.

Tricky one. Like, we're desperate for a trophy right? And arl arses like me are more keen to win a trophy than people like my lad, who has grown up in the Prem/CL era and wants top 4 and thinks the League Cup is proper mickey mouse.

If we were 13th and going nowhere, then I'd be all in for prioritising the cup game and try to win it. But we ain't 13th and (whisper it quietly) we might be going somewhere here. We'll probably be top 3 at Christmas for fuck's sake, five points off the top and with a track record of beating good teams this season.

I've been asking myself, would I be happy to win the cup QF but with, say, Doucoure and DCL both injured and ruled out for 8 weeks each? No guarantee anyone would get crocked but I don't think I'd want to take that risk. No guarantee we'd win the semi either.

So I say we rest several players for the cup game and I'm sure Carlo is reading this and will take my comments on board. We can't rest everyone but some of those lads have played a lot of football this season, and they've had to put in a proper shift these last three games.

There's every chance United will do the same thing, incidentally.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  SEFTON Tue 22 Dec 2020, 2:59 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Armchair wrote:Do we play the same team mid-week in the cup or rest some players? Richie's wrist looks pretty bad.

Tricky one. Like, we're desperate for a trophy right? And arl arses like me are more keen to win a trophy than people like my lad, who has grown up in the Prem/CL era and wants top 4 and thinks the League Cup is proper mickey mouse.

If we were 13th and going nowhere, then I'd be all in for prioritising the cup game and try to win it. But we ain't 13th and (whisper it quietly) we might be going somewhere here. We'll probably be top 3 at Christmas for fuck's sake, five points off the top and with a track record of beating good teams this season.

I've been asking myself, would I be happy to win the cup QF but with, say, Doucoure and DCL both injured and ruled out for 8 weeks each? No guarantee anyone would get crocked but I don't think I'd want to take that risk. No guarantee we'd win the semi either.

So I say we rest several players for the cup game and I'm sure Carlo is reading this and will take my comments on board. We can't rest everyone but some of those lads have played a lot of football this season, and they've had to put in a proper shift these last three games.

Is there still an opportunity to get into Europa via winning the Carabou/League Cup?

SEFTON
SEFTON

Number of posts : 10613
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://www.evertonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Tue 22 Dec 2020, 3:48 pm

SEFTON wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

Is there still an opportunity to get into Europa via winning the Carabou/League Cup?

I think the winner goes into the Europa League. At least, they used to Everton v Arsenal. - Page 3 Confused
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 23 Dec 2020, 12:33 am

Armchair wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

I think the winner goes into the Europa League. At least, they used to Everton v Arsenal. - Page 3 Confused

The Carabao Cup winners now enter the UEFA Europa Conference League....

...no, me neither.

Here's the wiki page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Europa_Conference_League
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Wed 23 Dec 2020, 7:48 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Armchair wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

...no, me neither.

Here's the wiki page.

Wow, that is properly Mickey Mouse. I think I'd rather not qualify, or play a load of kids if we do.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 23 Dec 2020, 11:37 am

Armchair wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Armchair wrote:
SEFTON wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:

...no, me neither.

Here's the wiki page.

Wow, that is properly Mickey Mouse. I think I'd rather not qualify, or play a load of kids if we do.

Can imagine the Kopites having a field day with that, them playing Real Madrid as we set sail from Seaforth Dock by fishing trawler for a crunch last-16 Thursday game in the Faroe Islands.

Just have to finish top 4, to avoid that possibility. No problem.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3