606 Evertonians
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Gordon

+6
callmebubbles
Made 4 Gwladys
Rotterdam 1985
hairy cataract
Knight of Thorgothshire
Super
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anthony Gordon  - Page 2 Empty Re: Anthony Gordon

Post  Armchair Tue 23 Aug 2022, 8:30 pm

Apparently he has asked to leave Anthony Gordon  - Page 2 Confused
Armchair
Armchair

Number of posts : 22554
Registration date : 2006-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Wed 24 Aug 2022, 11:38 pm

So I've been thinking about the idea of selling Gordon, but I don't know why, because it doesn't require much thought - sell him, now, for 60m if that's what is on offer. It's a fucking no-brainer.

I agree with Bubbles that the money is no good if we don't spend some of it on actual attacking talent before the window shuts but that doesn't have to necessarily be Broja or Gallagher coming in as part of the deal. It could be anyone (as long as they're quite good at football and can do goals and stuff.) But for fuck's sake don't string this out until deadline day, Billy Boy, and then claim that we had no time to bring in reinforcements. We are 100% fucked and 100% down if that happens.

Gordon is all potential and, currently, not much end product, although he works his nuts off, which is probably what Tuchel wants. I read a tweet earlier that sums this deal up and underlines the reality staring us in the face - Chelsea can afford to gamble on potential. We can't afford to rely on potential.

For all we know he could turn out to be a world-beater, but that's a risk I'm happy to take. I think it's more likely that we'll be bringing him back on loan in two years time when Chelsea get bored with him and want to buy another clockwork toy for their midfield.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Number of posts : 14846
Location : Milton Keynes - the Paris of the Northern Home Counties
Registration date : 2005-10-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD8bsfggCuo&mode=related&

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Thu 25 Aug 2022, 8:25 am

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:So I've been thinking about the idea of selling Gordon, but I don't know why, because it doesn't require much thought - sell him, now, for 60m if that's what is on offer. It's a fucking no-brainer.

I agree with Bubbles that the money is no good if we don't spend some of it on actual attacking talent before the window shuts but that doesn't have to necessarily be Broja or Gallagher coming in as part of the deal. It could be anyone (as long as they're quite good at football and can do goals and stuff.) But for fuck's sake don't string this out until deadline day, Billy Boy, and then claim that we had no time to bring in reinforcements. We are 100% fucked and 100% down if that happens.

Gordon is all potential and, currently, not much end product, although he works his nuts off, which is probably what Tuchel wants. I read a tweet earlier that sums this deal up and underlines the reality staring us in the face - Chelsea can afford to gamble on potential. We can't afford to rely on potential.

For all we know he could turn out to be a world-beater, but that's a risk I'm happy to take. I think it's more likely that we'll be bringing him back on loan in two years time when Chelsea get bored with him and want to buy another clockwork toy for their midfield.

I'm resigned to him going now, and will probably be a bit disappointed if he doesn't because it feels like my £60m now, and I've already earmarked it for some home improvements, a holiday in the Maldives, and getting my car through its MOT. Which may be the problem; the fans think it's their money. It's not, it's Moshiri's money, and he'll stick it in his bank, probably marked "BMD debt" or "escape fund when they realise I shagged Putin's daughter".

If we sell our second best player (the best, incredibly, being Iwobi) at this stage in the week and in the season, we're a bit fucked. I'd like to think our brilliant backroom staff have replacements lined up, players they've been tracking for a while, on whom they've done plenty of due diligence, and they'll be integrated into our team for Saturday, or the Leeds game at least. But all I can think is "Andy Carroll to the RS", cos that's the model we're most likely to follow. Complete fucking panic, Moshiri gets involved, his mate tells him that Bobby Charlton used to be good and he might be tempted out of retirement, and bang goes £40m of the £60m.

My worry is that we were utter dogshit last season, and escaped relegation by the skin of our teeth. If our idea of avoiding a repeat of that scenario is to sell our two best and most energetic players (Richarlison and Gordon) and replace them with Dwight McNeil (who I'm not fully convinced is actually alive, he moves so slowly and with so little purpose) and a last minute, over-priced dud with a long injury record, then I think we need another idea.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Number of posts : 25881
Registration date : 2005-10-17

http://www.worldofgoats.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  callmebubbles Sun 28 Aug 2022, 12:20 am

If the Chavs want Gordon its Gallagher and / or Broja PERMANENTLY or fuck off!!!!
callmebubbles
callmebubbles

Number of posts : 5549
Registration date : 2006-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Sun 28 Aug 2022, 10:16 pm

callmebubbles wrote:If the Chavs want Gordon its Gallagher and / or Broja PERMANENTLY or fuck off!!!!

Yeah it can only be this, or not at all. For me the cutoff for a cash-only deal (allowing us time to spend some of the money before the window shuts) has passed. We're too close to the line now, and £60m in the bank will do nothing to keep us up.

Also I'd want both, ideally. I think we need both. The problem is, Chelsea might need to keep at least one to count towards their 8 home-grown players in their CL squad. At first glance they look OK here - they had six Englishmen in their starting XI yesterday - but they might well bin off Barkley and Hudson-Odoi this week, and teams are sniffing around Chalobah as well. He might go if they sign Fofana.

So, they might want to keep both Gallagher and Broja for this reason (Broja was born and raised in England and therefore counts as home-grown.) Of course, Gordon would be another Englishman in their squad, so it would all depend on which other players they let go.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Knight of Thorgothshire Sat 17 Sep 2022, 2:13 pm

Everton have opened talks with English winger Anthony Gordon, 21, on a bumper new contract worth six times his current salary.
Knight of Thorgothshire
Knight of Thorgothshire

Number of posts : 74433

http://www.amonamarth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 18 Oct 2022, 11:51 am

I've read that Gordon has turned down a new contract as he wants £100k a week

Is it time to sell in January for 80M or whatever silly money it was.. and file under Rodwell, Jeffers, Barkley et al ???

We could buy a very decent striker for 80M !!!

Number of posts : 41046

http://www.doogle.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 18 Oct 2022, 12:29 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:I've read that Gordon has turned down a new contract as he wants £100k a week

Is it time to sell in January for 80M or whatever silly money it was.. and file under Rodwell, Jeffers, Barkley et al ???

We could buy a very decent striker for 80M !!!

Yep.

If this is true then it just underlines the money v career conundrum that these lads find themselves in. He can easily earn £100k a week sitting on Chelsea's bench. Or he can earn £60/£70K as our top earner and (potentially) our main man.

I'm not going to judge them for the decisions they make as I've never been in that position. I just think it's a bit sad, and typifies how stretched football finances are right now between the have's and the have not's. I use the word sad because these fellas will end their careers sat on a sackful of money but with little to look back on and be proud of, whereas for a bit less money they'll still be extremely comfortable but could retire with memories of, say, scoring the winner for their boyhood club in a Cup Final. (Lol, I know, but let me dream for the sake of an example, eh?)

It's a shame.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Crosby S74 Tue 18 Oct 2022, 1:59 pm

They are independent contractors at the end of the day.

All it takes is for a Sun type tackle to go wrong and it's bang goes your earning potential.

I suppose they are all up for grabs to the highest bidder apart from rare players like Hibbert, Osman and to a certain extent Coleman who seemed genuinely thankful to Everton, or couldn't be arsed moving.

I was going to throw Cahill in there, but I think he was set for Crystal Palace before Simon Jordan refused to pay an agents fee and he ended up wasting his peak years (as much as it pains me to say it) at Everton.

It must be a tightrope massaging and managing these players egos before either

1. Making them out to be better than they are and thinking they should move on/deserve a new contract and act like an arse when they don't.

2. Destroy their confidence so they don't perform and then demand a move

Not sure how anyone can get their heads round the kind of money the big players are talking so they can turn their nose up at 60k a week.

Number of posts : 28054
Registration date : 2005-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/mtcefc

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 18 Oct 2022, 2:40 pm

Michael Crosby S74 wrote:They are independent contractors at the end of the day.

All it takes is for a Sun type tackle to go wrong and it's bang goes your earning potential.

I suppose they are all up for grabs to the highest bidder apart from rare players like Hibbert, Osman and to a certain extent Coleman who seemed genuinely thankful to Everton, or couldn't be arsed moving.

I was going to throw Cahill in there, but I think he was set for Crystal Palace before Simon Jordan refused to pay an agents fee and he ended up wasting his peak years (as much as it pains me to say it) at Everton.

It must be a tightrope massaging and managing these players egos before either

1. Making them out to be better than they are and thinking they should move on/deserve a new contract and act like an arse when they don't.

2. Destroy their confidence so they don't perform and then demand a move

Not sure how anyone can get their heads round the kind of money the big players are talking so they can turn their nose up at 60k a week.

City salaries according to Spotrac:

Anthony Gordon  - Page 2 City_s10

And Everton's:

Anthony Gordon  - Page 2 Everto10

I could only screenshot so far down here, so Gordon isn't on the page. He's on 10K a week.

Grealish is on 300K a week and I still maintain that City don't really need him. Ake, a squaddie for City, is on 90K. That would make him comfortably our 3rd highest earner. Our wage bill is about a quarter of City's.

Now this has always been a thing in football - eventually a player will move on to a bigger club for more money. It's a food chain, with Real Madrid historically at the top (although that will progressively be challenged by City, PSG and the other oil clubs.) Even United and Barcelona couldn't stop Ronaldo and Figo from going to Real. Everyone else has their place in the pecking order and that's always been the case.

What I'm bemoaning here is the increasing number of players who go to another club for more money just to make 10 starts a season and be a peripheral player in that squad. Good for them if they're earning the money, but as a fan I just feel a bit cheated, that I could be watching Grealish this weekend, taking the piss out of a full back, but instead he's sat on his arse because Pep simply doesn't need to use him half the time. I just wonder whether those players themselves will look back with any kind of regret when they retire.

And of course, if money's no object for player salaries, it's no object for lawyer salaries as well. Which is why City continue to run rings around UEFA and the FA in respect of FFP.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Tue 18 Oct 2022, 3:11 pm

That City salary view is fucking mental !!

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 18 Oct 2022, 5:15 pm

Made 4 Gwladys wrote:That City salary view is fucking mental !!

Isn't it? You can see why there's never any chance of us keeping hold of a genuinely class player like Stones, when he can go there and earn a million quid a month.

Here's the rest of the Everton table, if you were wondering where Tarko, Idrissa and others were. It looks like Spotrac don't have info for everyone. Spotrac is really good for tracking salaries in US sport, where everything is announced and out in the open. It's more murky with football. So they won't have all the info for all players. They had salaries for pretty much the entire City squad though. So maybe our wage bill is nearer a third of City's, not a quarter as I said earlier, when you allow for the missing players in our list.

Anthony Gordon  - Page 2 Everto11
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Tue 18 Oct 2022, 6:50 pm

I don't think those salaries are correct. Rumour is that Erling Halland is on nearer 900k a week, and I can't believe that Conor Coady is on less than a million a year.

Nevertheless, it's deeply shocking that six of our top seven earners are either injured, not in the team, or only in the team because of injuries to other players.
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Tue 18 Oct 2022, 8:14 pm

hairy cataract wrote:I don't think those salaries are correct.  Rumour is that Erling Halland is on nearer 900k a week, and I can't believe that Conor Coady is on less than a million a year.  

Nevertheless, it's deeply shocking that six of our top seven earners are either injured, not in the team, or only in the team because of injuries to other players.

As I said above, this site is pretty good for US sports but I can't vouch for the accuracy of it where footy is concerned. Salary cap rules mean that US sports teams have to be transparent.

I did look at the City numbers a few weeks ago actually, and was amused to see Foden in their bottom three earners at a mere £40k per week. He's now shot up the table since his new contract was signed. £225K a week just sneaks him into their top 5! lol! Again, if these numbers are to be believed.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Tonteau Wed 19 Oct 2022, 11:07 am

We need to get shot of Mina.
Tonteau
Tonteau

Number of posts : 15996
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://www.hectortd.demon.co.uk/michaela/

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Thu 24 Nov 2022, 1:05 pm

I've never thought of him as being that quick tbh.

Anthony Gordon  - Page 2 316282212_6509746075716419_3635984536521587260_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=Y57m6S9KBO0AX-U2knx&_nc_ht=scontent.fbrs4-1
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Judge Thu 24 Nov 2022, 1:45 pm

Armchair wrote:I've never thought of him as being that quick tbh.

Anthony Gordon  - Page 2 316282212_6509746075716419_3635984536521587260_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s640x640&_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=9267fe&_nc_ohc=Y57m6S9KBO0AX-U2knx&_nc_ht=scontent.fbrs4-1

In context, "Anthony Gordon, he is the one wearing roller skates, was seen tagging the 14C to Croxteth on Monday evening and was clocked at 36.6km/h"

The man who is prepared to wear a Shoite top IF, AND ONLY IF, you are prepared to cough the £25,000. Its true it was broadcast on National Radio!!
Da Judge
Da Judge

Number of posts : 9790
Registration date : 2005-10-15

http://mlb.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 26 Jan 2023, 4:11 pm

So Twitter is ablaze - ablaze, I tell thee - with stories of Gordon missing training three days running and demanding a move. Not just @EFCBoi5432843 but also respected commentators like Fabrizio and Alan Myers are running with this.

We're not going to get the £60m we were apparently seeking in the summer. I still think £40 - £45m will be fucking good business for a lad who appears to have a dodgy attitude and seems to have downed tools this season, even before knobheads surrounded his car.

Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Thu 26 Jan 2023, 4:19 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:So Twitter is ablaze - ablaze, I tell thee - with stories of Gordon missing training three days running and demanding a move. Not just @EFCBoi5432843 but also respected commentators like Fabrizio and Alan Myers are running with this.

We're not going to get the £60m we were apparently seeking in the summer. I still think £40 - £45m will be fucking good business for a lad who appears to have a dodgy attitude and seems to have downed tools this season, even before knobheads surrounded his car.

Just to add that Twitter is also full of CFC accounts saying "thank fuck he's not coming to us."

This is due to the rumour that Ross Barkley advised Gordon not to move to London. Too many distractions apparently. Because of course Newcastle has no clubs and no pubs whatsoever. It's known for its abstinence where alcohol is concerned.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Thu 26 Jan 2023, 4:39 pm

Rotterdam 1985 wrote:
Rotterdam 1985 wrote:So Twitter is ablaze - ablaze, I tell thee - with stories of Gordon missing training three days running and demanding a move. Not just @EFCBoi5432843 but also respected commentators like Fabrizio and Alan Myers are running with this.

Just to add that Twitter is also full of CFC accounts saying "thank fuck he's not coming to us."

This is due to the rumour that Ross Barkley advised Gordon not to move to London. Too many distractions apparently. Because of course Newcastle has no clubs and no pubs whatsoever. It's known for its abstinence where alcohol is concerned.
goodbye...

file under Jeffers, Barkley, Rodwell, Gosling etc

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 27 Jan 2023, 10:46 am

Back in training today apparently Anthony Gordon  - Page 2 Confused
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotterdam 1985 Fri 27 Jan 2023, 11:01 am

Armchair wrote:Back in training today apparently Anthony Gordon  - Page 2 Confused

Gordon rumours that I've read in the last couple of days...

1. Yeah, he didn't turn up for training for three days, the first of which was apparently a "scheduled rest day" but the other two, I dunno, I assume he just hung around the shops, bunking off.
2. He got a slap from Coady, which I've mentioned before.
3. He had a barney with Ashley Cole. Which is understandable, as Cole has the sort of face you just have to argue with.
4. He threw his boots at Lampard in a hissy fit, which is why he hasn't been starting.

Of course I can't verify any of these, they may all be bollocks. I'm going to add another couple of my own. Fuck it, I'm just going to make them up, see if they fly...

5. He had a ding-dong in the dressing room with Pickford over which Bob Dylan album is best. "Nashville Skyline? Lol fuck off" laughed England's no. 1, who then spent 15 minutes extolling the virtues of "Blood on the Tracks." Gordon went off crying and swore never to play for the club again.
6. He doesn't have a willy.
Rotterdam 1985
Rotterdam 1985

Back to top Go down

Post  hairy cataract Fri 27 Jan 2023, 4:17 pm

Sounds like its all done and dusted at £40m going once, going twice.... SOLD to the fat Geordie cunt in the Newcastle Brown underpants.

I guess only time will tell whether we've rinsed them, or they've had us over.  More than likely the latter, but I'll pray to my little statues of Ross Barkley and Frannie Jeffers that its the former.

(there was a link to a funny news story here, but it's not so funny now cos the fella died. So I've removed the link)

Last edited by hairy cataract on Fri 27 Jan 2023, 5:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
hairy cataract
hairy cataract

Back to top Go down

Post  Made 4 Gwladys Fri 27 Jan 2023, 4:20 pm

hairy cataract wrote:Sounds like its all done and dusted at £40m going once, going twice.... SOLD to the fat Geordie cunt in the Newcastle Brown underpants.

I guess only time will tell whether we've rinsed them, or they've had us over.  More than likely the latter, but I'll pray to my little statues of Ross Barkley and Frannie Jeffers that its the former.

Anyway, for those of you who are feeling sad, here's this to cheer you up:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-64430454
fuck him ... his hair's a joke anyway.... shut the door on the way out peroxide boy

Back to top Go down

Post  Armchair Fri 27 Jan 2023, 4:24 pm

Last season 4 goals and 2 assists in 35 games. This season 3 goals 0 assists in 16 games. It's never great seeing homegrown talent sold on, but those stats say he's worth considerably less than £40m.
Armchair
Armchair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum